JunkieXL Leaving Deadpool 2 As Well

From his Facebook:

>Dear friends,

>It is with a heavy heart that I have decided not to score the upcoming Deadpool Movie. I love this character and creating his and the movie's original score was a monumental chapter in my life, personally and professionally.

>Since it was revealed that Deadpool's brilliant creative director Tim Miller will not be involved in the project anymore, I have undertaken some soul searching. Tim was the driving force behind Deadpool and me getting involved in this amazing project. Deadpool without Tim at the helm just does not sit right with me and that is why I have decided not to be involved in the second chapter.

>It was a difficult decision, as I love the project so much and I know how eagerly the next installment will be anticipated, it's hard to walk away from something so unique, but it also has to feel right.

>Hope everyone understands. Onward and upward.

>Love,
>Tom

Looks like everyone's dropping since Reynolds is letting his sole success get to his head.

Other urls found in this thread:

thewrap.com/inside-the-deadpool-2-fight-over-two-totally-different-movies/
io9.gizmodo.com/report-the-rift-that-led-to-tim-miller-leaving-deadpoo-1788208182
youtube.com/watch?v=7vfqkvwW2fs&t=702s
youtube.com/watch?v=w4OdIOGBW2Q
youtu.be/0Ac4xamCIgY
youtube.com/watch?v=0ZO_W2YemD8
youtube.com/watch?v=frqYK1EZ3O0
youtube.com/watch?v=sAkL2-vh2Sk
youtube.com/watch?v=pBcehv2Xh8o
youtube.com/watch?v=JyeLbBvRhs8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Thanks Fox.

>Looks like everyone's dropping since Reynolds is letting his sole success get to his head.
You got 3 sets of dubs in a row, so what you say is definitely true instead of just probably true.

I'm scared

Who the fuck is JunkieXL?

Known tripfag, famous for "what comics/cartoons to read/watch while stoned".

And it all comes crashing down.
Do you think Reynolds is gonna get a 3rd second chance when inevitably this disappoints everyone?

he guy that made the music for fury road.

BTW I thought the ost for deadpool was incredibly lacking and I cant remember a single thing about it.

Director was very mehh... as well you know.

But Junkie's music was the worst and most generic part of the soundtrack, the licensed music was fantastic and his shit was shit. Its really fucking repetitive

I don't remember the score at all for deadpool, can't believe it's the same guy from fury road, then again I look at the rest of his work and it looks like FR was a fluke more than anything

What the hell are they doing to this film that's causing people to leave?! Are they going to kill off Venessa to make the entire first film redundant or something?

You shouldn't be. The dudes music was lack luster and the directer wanted to do exactly what we feared the execs would do in the sequel, turn it into a edgy cgi fest version of a MCU movie. Ryan getting rid of him saved the movie

The best song in the movie wasn't even his. The montage music was cringe.
Losing Miller hurts a lot more.

tom miller wanted to do a char-driven story. basically develop the char more

reynolds doesnt

to be fair i agree with reynolds since char development would only make deadpool less funny

>Losing Miller hurts a lot more.
How? The writers and Reynolds did almost everything

>Ryan Reynolds and Tim Miller clash
>Miller wants a more stylized sequel with a bigger budget and Kyle Chandler as Cable
>Reynolds wants to focus on the raunchy meta humor, keep it fairly low-budget and not have Kyle Chandler as Cable
>Fox sides with Reynolds
>Miller quits
>JunkieXL sides with Miller and quits as well

Disputes over casting Cable.

Miller was pushing HARD for this dude from Friday Night Lights, who looks nothing like Cable

Ryan Reynolds said "No" and they spilt, citing creative differences

Miller wanted a big budget super hero movie completely different from the original, Ryan wanted to keep it cheep like the original. Miller wanted to fix something that was not broken and paid the price, he deserved to be sacked.

So, who thinks Reynolds was right, and who thinks this cunt would be a good cable?

I agree with Reynolds, I mean the raunchy meta humor is what made the first one so popular. Why change that?

>Miller was pushing HARD for this dude from Friday Night Lights
Are they friends or something? Is he trying to push some nepotism bullshit or does he really think he could pull off a good Cable.

how the fuck do you develop a character that has close to zero ability to care and really just does whatever the writer tells him to do?

Exactly

Read practically anything other than Waypool to find out.

Also not Deadpool Kills The Marvel Universe, that also wasn't very good.

there ways:

joe kelly put kelly into a series-long redemption meta arc. deadpool figuring out if he wanted/could be a hero instead of just a merc. i guess tim miller wanted to go this way

duggan gave him an extremely depressing, tragic backstory and made deadpool clinically depressed

nicenza put deadpool in a buddy comedy and the char developed a little along the duo's friendship/rivalry (i guess reynolds wants to go this way)

Some directors often get attached to one actor they think is right for the role.

Reynolds himself was bullied by Martin Campbell on the set of Green Lantern over this. Campbell wanted pre-Hangover, Wedding Crashers-era Bradley Cooper, but WB went with Reynolds since he was more famous and Campbell talked shit about him and had him redo every take everyday.

Josh Trank did the same thing to Kate Mara in Fant4stic.

oh right, i just remembered pic related.

why would trank hate on mara though? studio forced her on him?

Yep.

He had full control over casting Reed, Johnny and Ben, but when it came to Sue they told him to cast Mara over some other girl he had his sights on.

Trank likes to wank and like to smell his own mank stank.

you have no clue what you're talking about and it came down to casting philosophy, getting a giant buff dude to play cable isn't going to work and all the buff dudes that could play him are really old, manlets or just generally over the hill, so miller was thinking of finding someone who could act first and mold it around him.

Its just a different way of thinking about character acting.

none of the popular choices outside of genderbending him look like it will work anyway and dont say Quartich guy, he is a fucking midget next to RR

also to be perfectly honest besides the one rap song in the middle of the movie when he goes on his bad guy killing spree, the ost sucked.

I understand using 90s stuff but honestly I never really like the music, infact the leaked trailer music was better than salt and pepper stuff. I like salt and pepper but while it fits the era music, I felt like the music could have been done much better.

More likely than anything about this movie, it is going to come down to money and people looking for a larger payday and RR is executive producer trying to hold down costs.

Tim wanted to go stylized movie route = BIG BUCKS, Music guy most likely wanted more money too.

Its always coming down to money. Don't listen to clickbait pieces

do you know who he wanted for sue?

>Miller wanted a big budget super hero movie
Literally none of the reports said this

Moviefags are cancerous

He could have been a good cable, better than Lang or some other suggestions, but I don't think he's the right fit.
John Hamm, Hugh Jackman or Ron Pearlman would all be great imo

Because there's a big chance that it might not work for a second time.

thewrap.com/inside-the-deadpool-2-fight-over-two-totally-different-movies/

The initial story, also from the Wrap, said that Miller’s leaving had to do with the director wanting a much more stylized action sequel, while Reynolds wanted to stick to the humor

io9.gizmodo.com/report-the-rift-that-led-to-tim-miller-leaving-deadpoo-1788208182

I would pastebin it but honestly too lazy at the moment, the point is tim miller is a vfx geek, he wanted big action set pieces like most modern blockbusters.

RR's whole schtick is rated R comedy. He wanted to lean more into comedy and shit that kept moving more unusual and down to earth like the shit with blind al and him in laundry mat and taking a taxi

the choices of how to put a movie together are conceptual as anything else and it was a push/pull between RR and Tim Miller.

Bigger set pieces = more money.

moviefag was right.

Tell that to the MCU, repeating the same general formula has worked everytime

Hamm won't do it since he doesn't want to do superhero shit, that is obvious by now, Pearlman has apeface as he has gotten older so also not a good choice

Jackman could work but Fox doesn't have balls to mess with their own branding

please let perlman be cable
he would be so fucking perfect

she deserved to be Cable

Isn't she in the new Kong movie?

Except you know, directing the movie and special effects, a lot of which he did for hot pockets.

The action scenes were about as much of the appeal to me, they had more weight than most cape movies.

Soon

>Directed by: Ryan Reynolds

>Scored by Ryan Reynolds

>Catering by Ryan Reynolds

Do you think the movie will have a gag about Miller and Junkie leaving?

Special Thanks To Hugh Jackman. Also Ryan Reynolds

Now this would actually be funny.

>Featuring Ryan Reynolds as Cable

i just want a five minute gag in which ryan reynolds appears as every single character on screen.

Sheesh. Reynolds must've went to the Edward Norton and Terrance Howard School of Marvel Movie Negotiations.
This shit is a sinking ship.

Reminder that the real humor all came from the script, and the writers are still on board.

What does this mean for Goon movie?

>ryan reynolds pulls a shane carruth

im ok with this

Why do you think the starting gag for listing everyone still works when mentioning Miller as an overpaid asshole?

So that's why he gave her nothing to do in the film

Why is Fox doing this
>"Hey let's run off the director and composer of our biggest earning movie ever, that will teach Marvel a lesson"
>"You know X-Men Apocalypse was disappointing, and the Fantastic Four was a horrible mess"
>"We know, but at least we go the rights out of Marvel's hand"

Impossible to say. Only Miller and Reynolds saw his audition tape. He is a good actor though.

Well he already did the marketing too so why not, lets see him carry this bitch

>caring about the score of deadpool

seriously without looking it up try to hum a song from the movie.
X gon give it to ya and other licensed music doesnt count

I just can't see the star of "Early Edition" being Cable

yeah and kill him from the stress

>in memorium: Ryan Reynolds

>Perlman
10 or 15 years ago, maybe. But a guy pushing 70 isn't going to get signed on for a long term contract that's physically demanding.

Fox has nothing to do with this.

X GON GIVE IT T-awwww

deadpool directing his own movie would be the perfect kind of meta though and has been used as a device before, the entire wade wilson's war saga was built on this premise as him being the storyteller.

>directed by: Ryan Reynolds
>producers by: Ryan Reynolds
>Scored by: Ryan Reynolds
> Ryan Reynolds ---- Deadpool
> Ryan Reynolds ---- Cable
> Ryan Reynolds ---- Love interest
> Ryan Reynolds ---- Proffessor X
> Ryan Reynolds ---- Batman
> Hugh Jackman ---- Wolverine

>Assistant to Ryan Reynolds --- Eddie Murphy

>Kyle Chandler

Dodged a bullet there.

OH LORD!

I think orlando jones would be a better comedic understudy though

> assistant director - Ryan Reynolds

>intern - Ryan Reynolds

Junkie is a hack. youtube.com/watch?v=7vfqkvwW2fs&t=702s

>Best boy - Ryan Reynolds's nephew (also named Ryan).

Jesus Marvel can't use music for shit

But Junkie didn't do most of that shit.

I can recall the themes for Iron Man, Cap 1, Avengers, and GOTG but that's it. I think those are the only ones that repeatedly use variations of the "main" theme.

For instance, Iron Man uses the main theme in the cave, when he's testing the later suits, when he suits up in the mark 3, etc. In GOTG the piano music that plays when Quill's mom dies or he rallies his fellows is the same tune used for the rousing fanfare played in action scenes. Though I think GOTG's score is overshadowed by the licensed soundtrack.

Most of the others don't do this I feel.

>Snyder is a complete fucking hack even with music direction

They're doing a live-action Gorrila this time?

>, directing the movie and special effects
you can get those by hiring his company for special effects.

The action scenes where pretty meh.. to me.

You guys have pretty plebeian tastes, we need someone like james cameron jr. levels of passion doing this project.

So not the Deadpool song then?

This would have a point, but it's really unfair because the movies in that have themes that they use in the trailers, commercials and intro/outro credits of their movies (And even in the movies themselves) that they play over and over again through the multiple sequels and events over the years so you'd essentially have no choice but to memorize them.

MCU doesn't have anything like that and I'm pretty sure it's too late to even start having a consistent theme.

How about X-men's theme? That is legendary tier theme right there.

What did Tim millar want to do with Deadpool? Apparently the fights were about keeping the tone the same and choice of actors. Honestly, While tim millars fine considering how much of a passion project this is for Reynolds, I would trust him more on this.

>Implying the MoS theme isn't a billion times more memorable than any other modern capeshit movie

youtube.com/watch?v=w4OdIOGBW2Q

My favorite JunkieXL song was "Dramatic Twang" but "Generic Action Scene" is good too.

A great song, but not by Junkie

worst thing that ever happened to Deadpool was him becoming a nice-guy/hero.

>X-Men
>Marvel Studios

user, really?

That and the Spider-Man Sam Raimi movie theme song

>not Spider-Man's theme
youtu.be/0Ac4xamCIgY

Thought he meant as a whole not just the MCU.
"Flight" Is beyond this world user. Iv'e listened to it at least 14 times already.
>not Arrow's theme
youtube.com/watch?v=0ZO_W2YemD8

>Thought he meant as a whole not just the MCU.
The video should've told you all you needed to know.

But yeah, the X-Men theme is dope as is

Magneto's theme from First Class is cool

youtube.com/watch?v=frqYK1EZ3O0
It is cool. I'm digging it.

You can only run on raunchy humor for so long before it just feels like it's being strained out from a rag.

This.

Chandler isn't even bad. He's just... wrong for Cable.

Frankly, Chandler would make a better Cyclops than he would a Cable.

Do you mean the one from 90's cartoon? Because yeah, that shit was dope.

youtube.com/watch?v=sAkL2-vh2Sk I just want Deadpool 2 to use this theme.

Meh. The only song on the OST memorable was the one from those guys on Youtube

youtube.com/watch?v=pBcehv2Xh8o

Still can't believe they hired those guys...

The movie one.
youtube.com/watch?v=JyeLbBvRhs8
But the 90's was dope too.