Remember this obscure gem Sup Forums? Complete english dub is now on YouTube

Remember this obscure gem Sup Forums? Complete english dub is now on YouTube
youtube.com/watch?v=m-Q9XGxtDPQ&index=1&list=PLBde6tYoQ-jVhvcIz3WzLoVUp4Gn971Qc

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YooHoo_&_Friends#Season_1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YooHoo_&_Friends_(2012_TV_series)
youtube.com/watch?v=0YsiLQClwPA
youtube.com/watch?v=BkNhb5wcNwg
youtube.com/watch?v=PO88k20L27w
youtube.com/watch?v=yCL6Ouw7i4g
youtube.com/watch?v=F8EB0dBLYa0
youtube.com/watch?v=VvLV3OZAcyg
youtube.com/watch?v=ffynzSXUnio
youtube.com/watch?v=Cpj6DYArWX0
youtube.com/watch?v=SxJ4VWoeOzs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Those fluffy animals are actually middle-aged businessmen and women
That's weird and a bit disturbing.
Intro theme is catch imo.

I remember watching this but without the whole cow and chicken stuff. what the fuck happened and why?

>the cute adorable animals are actually old corporate suits
That's hilarious.

it's kind of annoying that it never really gets referenced, they never act like adults, especially not corporate suits (with the possible exception of Lemee)

>Expect Disney's gem friends crap

>Get a story which is actually entertaining.
>That sweet Cartoonnetwork humour and style.
>That exact Cow & Chicken yelling expressions and that art style.
Wait a second. THIS IS A COW & CHICKEN/ I AM WEASEL REBOOT.

Ooohh wow... this is like, this is like how I felt about the pastel horses, but actually funny and parodic in a good way.

I especially love how the cutesy business animals have that shitty flash animation to match the rest shows they're parodying.

>Those cow & chicken designs.
Beautiful.

Yeah I agree.
It's funny, but it'd be even funnier if they were still their old selfish selves underneath.
Kind of like the mascots in amagi brilliant park.

That's because all those bits are actually added for the english dub.

The original version is just the fluffy animal's adventures. All the scenes with their corporate suits and father time were added in.

What the fuck? I didn't even know this was a dubbed show, I thought it was original.

Somehow that's hilarious.

It's some korean show I believe originally made for preeschoolers:

But the excecutives who got the rights decided it wouldn't sell very well overseas and so got David Feiss, the creator of Cow & Chicken and I am Weasel, to redub it and add scenes to make it into a different show.

So it's basically another case of "English dub of Ghost Stories"

Amazing.

Yeah that's pretty sad. After just a few minutes of watching I've noticed that the Cow & Chicken // I Am Weasel influences are just on the surface. It's still just a shitty Teletubbies junk despite the catchy song and incredibly funny story and inspiration.

The whole thing just keeps getting better.

>Based on the original Korean version, David Feiss, creator of Cow and Chicken and I Am Weasel, was given the permission to make an English dub of the first season of YooHoo & Friends with a new script and animation, produced by Toonzone Studios, and financed by ADC Licensing.[5]

>Konnie Kwak, the president of Toonzone Studios, stated that she "saw the plush toys and they looked really cute. The toys had already inspired a 52-episode animated series for younger kids, which aired in Korea and had received many prestigious awards in that country. But like many Korean properties, it doesn't translate well overseas. So we plan to repurpose the episodes to broaden the market. We are preparing the show for a six to 12 demographic. We are also quite thrilled to have animation veteran David Feiss who is the creator of Cartoon Network's Cow and Chicken and has worked on a long list of top animated shows and movies, including Alvin and the Chipmunks, The Ren & Stimpy Show and Open Season on board as the series director. His sense of comedy and creativity will bring this series to new heights".[6]

>Feiss stated in an interview that he was contacted by Konnie Kwak in producing the series and that "She wanted me to make this really young Korean language kid show into something that she could sell to Western TV. The style wasn't my style at all, and at first I was worried about what I could do with it. But then it occurred to me that if I approached it similarly to Woody Allen's "What's Up, Tiger Lily?", where a foreign language film is re-dubbed in English with an entirely different story, it could be funny. I proposed taking the existing 11 minute Korean shorts, and rewriting the dialogue, and creating 4 minutes of new animation per episode (cutting out 4 minutes of old footage)."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YooHoo_&_Friends_(2012_TV_series)

What the fuck is this? This is funny as fuck, I love how sarcastic they are at all times.

HOLY FUCK

My sister had one of these stupid dolls for years.

youtube.com/watch?v=0YsiLQClwPA

>>Based on the original Korean version, David Feiss, creator of Cow and Chicken and I Am Weasel, was given the permission to make an English dub of the first season of YooHoo & Friends with a new script and animation, produced by Toonzone Studios, and financed by ADC Licensing.[5]
Holy shit, seriously? Wow oh my god. Well that explains everything. Guess they can only edit so much, you can't turn a turd into a shining pile of gold.

>you can't turn a turd into a shining pile of gold.
You can however, polish a turd.
And given the turd, I'd say the polish is just right.

Oh my God. It really is like the western adaption of the Ghost Stories anime.
Check out the original shit. No wonder they could only make 1 character grumpy, he was already grumpy to begin with.
youtube.com/watch?v=BkNhb5wcNwg
youtube.com/watch?v=PO88k20L27w
youtube.com/watch?v=yCL6Ouw7i4g

I hope David Feiss asks for the producers to buy the copyright to it and starts a proper tv series based off his intro song.
Or hell just make some new cutesy designs. I really hoped the shitty flash animation on the cute pets were done on purpose and not because they left it in from the original show.

This calls for a celebration. Let's turn this into a cow & chicken thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=F8EB0dBLYa0
youtube.com/watch?v=VvLV3OZAcyg

youtube.com/watch?v=ffynzSXUnio
youtube.com/watch?v=Cpj6DYArWX0

And this is what he came up with? My sides!

There's obviously cow and chicken in there, but the writing and soundtrack feel a lot more like Taz-Mania or Histeria.

>yeah, whatever
My sides have been annihilated

Well that explains why they're always smiling and not talking corrupted business 24/7 with the same voices for the original parts.

Not the first Frankenstein-Dubjob gone awry.

Masked Rider, anyone?

Normally they just take Japanese material and edit out the panty shots, lesbians and guns.
Rrcontextualizing the material only ever worked for Ghost Stories.

>Cat and Chicken.
>In the end you find out that the cat is actually a cow.
oh you mother...fucker.

youtube.com/watch?v=SxJ4VWoeOzs

Yoohoo feels more official than Ghost Stories, but unfortunately it's not as funny and hysterical.

I genuinely thought GS's dub was some fanmade parody.

Ooohh hell yeah soulless executive corps in the bodies of cutesy Dora The Explorer pets...

Wait.. why are they all smiling.. why aren't they swearing and talking junk about politics, sex and shit? Why are they HAPPY?! ..
Why isn't the pink one getting raped and gangbanged? Where is all the murder and betrayal?

What is going on here, Sup Forums.

Just read the thread, fred.

>What is Dual Masters?

This could have been way better as an original american production.

Thought this was a generic toddler show but the clever humor caught me off guard. Might watch some episodes.