Okay-

Okay-

Seriously.

Why the fuck do Wonder Woman's villains suck so tremendously?

Doctor Psycho is cool.

this

And Circe

Serious question: does Wonder Woman have an archnemesis? I mean, a recognizable kind of recurring villain, like the Joker to Batman or Lex Luthor to Superman?

She's a shitty derivative super hero and they just throw whatever at her because fuck it.

Ares? Meh.

Cheetah I think...

Cheetah

Hades?

>hating on blue snowman
I guess you just got shit taste then.

Cartoonfag go

cool design (though it needs work), cool powers, fucking gay way of using them (is that a wooden spoon?), poor name..
uh, why does wonder woman look like an alex toth reject?

I love how goofy and oytdated some of her villians are.
We seriously need a book just her having goofy adventures

Ares historically, but the Superfriends show went with Cheetah so she has been stuck with that. Ares also stopped being a villain in the Azzarello run

Personally, I think Ares, Dr Poison, Dr Psycho and Circe are all cool. Cheetah and Giganta could use an update. Hercules is a bit complex to include in her stories given the rapey backstory Egg Fu was fantastic in 62, but most writers don't want to touch him.

Egg Man Fu is amazing fuck you.

>Why the fuck do Wonder Woman's villains suck so tremendously?

C'mon, she has got some neat ones. Like Inversion the Inside-Out man, who accidentally turned himself inside out, and wants to do the same to humanity!

Dr Domino, who has a head like a domino or a just a domino theme going

Dr. Domino looks like he could a decent Doom Patrol villain with a retooled origin story

Armageddon, the buddhist executioner

That is a pipe, I believe. You know, the kind you smoke out of.

Derivative of what you stupid fucking faggot.
She's one of the oldest heroes//female heroes period you dumb cunt.

Who'd she derive from, herself?

Multiple Man, The Nuclear Menace who could become anything, from a missile, a hurricane to even a glacier giant.

Mouse Man.
Mouse.
Man.

Peter Dinklage ain't good enough for you?

that actually looks kinda spooky

Wondy's always had interesting villains. It's just that they never take the time to flesh them out and stick with them. The ones that do get repeated are boring/shit. Or, I suppose, there's so much pressure for those few villains to make a huge impression that, of course, they fail.

The infamous rogue galleries of other heroes aren't entirely filled with top-tier villains, but there's enough variety (and the writers go back to each villain with enough consistency) to make things interesting.

It's always seemed bizarre that writers don't constantly mine Silver Age WW for new, stable villains.

Paper-Man, the origami fighting champion who basically just wants to date Wonder Woman

Alright, now that is an A+ Doom Patrol villain right there.

Panthea, the disgruntled Amazon who thinks Hipployta's eternal rule has stagnated their technological development

In the category of should have been an Atom villain, Queen Atoma who rules an infinite empire within a single atom that wants to invade giant-space.

That has serious potential.

Winner of the Miss Doctor Doom pagent, Dr Cyber.

Most of them were made just to be a fetish or a way of including a race.

Guy was always thinking with his dick. Hell, his wife treated him as if he was only that when you realize she divorced him and stayed with her lesbian gal pal. Dude was a semen tank and a literal cuck.

This guy has got the razzle dazzle

He seriously needs to be brought back

I love the idea of a criminal mastermind walking around with a giant domino head.

A Randian Amazon? There's a lot of potential in this concept

That's a very understandable and relatable motive.

Or how bout Osira, another alien that landed in ancient Egypt (it sure is crowded back then), who technically got redeemed by the end of the issue but look at how stylish she is.

I still don't understand why she doesn't just have a crossover with Aquaman and have Queen Clea as the villain already...

>Cheetah
>Giganta
>Dr. Psycho
>Silver Swan
>Ares
>Circe
>Medusa

When are you people going to realize that maybe the reason you don't know any Wonder Woman villains, and you don't know much about her personality, and you can't think of any memorable stories, is because YOU HAVEN'T FUCKING READ ANY WONDER WOMAN?

Meanwhile most of you probably can't even name a Green Lantern villain other than Sinestro or Black Hand who wasn't created by Geoff Johns.

Wonder Woman, more than the other Justice League members, suffers from the medium. Her whole thing is loving compassion and how it can rehabilitate but the nature of comics means a 100% recidivism rate.

>Character is superhuman and have powers gifted by the Greek pantheon
>Make her nemesis a regular woman in a cheetah costume
Why?

>the tattooed man.

Men

Why even bother posting when you have no idea what you're talking about?

Most of Wonder Woman's history as we know it was created by Robert Kanigher.

Sonar, Evil Star, Star Sapphire, the Shark, the Weaponers of Qward, Effigy, Alexander Nero, Oblivion...

>Meanwhile most of you probably can't even name a Green Lantern villain other than Sinestro or Black Hand who wasn't created by Geoff Johns.

I know Major Force.

Please, make this statement more incorrect

That guy had issues, even more than Marston arguably.

Can you?

Minister Blizzard, who was an alien minister, had that moustache, and a cold gun, yet no one saw his turn to evil coming.

Most of her villains have never been used in a contemporary context, or give any kind of thematic parallel to Diana.

Not really a GL foe, only a Kyle enemy and even then they didn't cross paths very often.

Why do all the cold people except Killer Frost have such awful names?

His obsession with bird people still haunts some to this day

I'll give you props for that.

Either you looked that up or you're probably not the kind of person I'm addressing. But respect if you're the latter.

Yes, because I've read a lot of Silver and Bronze Age Green Lantern. The point I'm making is that people who haven't read much classic GL probably don't know much of his rogues gallery, but you don't see them complaining about his rogues like they do Wondie's.

>Yes
Prove it, Scrub Chode Supreme.

>Scrub Chode Supreme.
Aww shit, user's going to be needing one of these.

Oh, trust me, if I was looking them up I would have remembered Hector Hammond.

>The point I'm making is that people who haven't read much classic GL probably don't know much of his rogues gallery, but you don't see them complaining about his rogues like they do Wondie's.
Probably because Johns created a new rogues gallery for him, plus the revitalized Sinestro and Black Hand. Wonder Woman doesn't have that kind of new rogues gallery, and the work done with her existing foes isn't that good. Rucka tried to do this a bit but characters like Veronica Cale didn't really stick, now did they?

This needs to happen! Dinklage was meh in X-Men, he'd work way better as a main villain with more focus.

I love Silver Age Wondie so much.

I mean, I could, but it wouldn't really prove anything because that other guy listed the major ones.

Others I can think of are the Shark, Faceless Hunter and Krona.

>tfw user is stalling so they can hastily look up Green Lantern villains

I thought Captain Cold was an alright name.

>Egg Fu was fantastic in 62, but most writers don't want to touch him.
I can see why.

Chang Tzu was great though, 0% racial stereotype, 100% pure comic booky awesomeness.

>tfw no mention of Star Sapphire

Circe or Ares would be my pick for main villain. Cheetah just feels outdated and kind of banal for an arch-nemesis next to Joker & Lex.

Plus WW's lore is rooted in myth & magic so a god and a sorceress is perfect.

And of course, the ever replaceable Egg Fu. Who was Egg Fu the fifth by his second appearance.

see that's why writers just insert foreign words instead of trying to write out the accent, mein freund

>so solly!

Yeah, who cares about Cheetah? Batman has better animal people foes with Killer Croc and the Milo mutants. Cheetah doesn't compare to even Batman's C-lister villains, so she shouldn't be Wonder Woman's arch enemy. Just not good enough.

On paper Wonder Woman has some pretty good villians. Ares, Cheetah, Circe, Doctor Psycho and Giganta all have great potential but they just aren't used as well as they could be

there was also evil Wonder Woman, but we don't talk about that

Joker is fucking banal for Batman though. I'm supposed to believe he can keep up with the Justice league threats and Ra's al Ghul armies of master ninjas but he cant handle some faggot clown?

before I forget, The Crimson Centipede, who was Mars' answer to Wonder Woman. The ultimate expression of war

Clean up after your own shit, J'onn.

Rucka has made Cheetah her Two-Face which honestly suits her better. The anwser is no, she doesn't really have that personal and ideological opponent on the same level as Joker and Lex

I never got why DC pushed her so much? There are so many better rogues you could adapt for a WW film.

You have the entire Greek Pantheon ffs. Just have her fight gods and monsters from different religions and stuff.

I don't think I've seen enough of this in WW comics in the last 75 years, DC should really push the Greek Mythology aspect.

Joker sucks though

He's still more interesting to implement into a story than Cheetah. He might not be powerful but nor is Lex without his battlesuit. Love him or loathe him the Joker's an icon, he must be doing something right. Cheetah is just like....why her?

dunno about the others but Dr. Cyber is legit great

I think the problem with Wonder Woman's villains is related to how every run feels the need to re-tell her origin story and break things back down to status-quo and rehash stuff we've already seen, like destroying Themiscyra again.
I mean, outside of her main stable Ares, Circe, Cheetah, Giganta etc. we don't see a lot of her other villains. Nobody's dragging out her old Silver Age villains and giving them a serious rework, nobodies making new villains that the next writer will want to use. And even with the villains that do get used over and over, nobody can agree on what theme ties them together. I mean, Ares is a gimme, but what about the others? What do a Giant Woman, a Psychic Midget, a Furry and an Ancient Sorceress all have in common, other than wanting to kill an Amazon? With characters like Batman and Superman it's pretty easy to tie all their villains together, both through geography All you really need to do to be a Bats/Superman villain is be evil in their home cities but Wonder Woman is more international in scope. Someone needs to make a unifying theme to her villains, then make it stick.
Also, someone needs to drag out an old villain or make a new villain that can be used more than once. I mean, Firstborn was cool but kinda by design he can't be re-used. He was an end-game villain, bringing him back would blow it.

Personally I think Wondy's villains should be tied to divine/mythical/supernatural sources, like how a lot of Batman's foes are tied to crime, and Superman's foes are sci-fi, Wondy's villains should be fantasy based. Personally I'm in favor of Slavic mythology since that's dark as hell in a non rape way so as to not trigger pussies.

GIANT EMERALD VAGINA.

>All you really need to do to be a Bats/Superman villain is be evil in their home cities
It goes a little deeper than that. Batman villains typically suffer from deep seated psychological issues. Superman villains are typically aliens, or people who feel isolated from the rest of humanity. They serve as dark mirrors to the heroes. Frankly I think a good villain for Wondy would be someone who also thinks they are on a divine mission to right wrongs, only they go about it as brutally as possible.

>Armageddon, the Buddhist Executioner
See, that could be fucking great with a good writer.

This, they need to capitalise on Mythology and Magic stuff. It seems to work when they nail down a genre for the comic.

Cyborg's rebirth is actually decent in part because they're throwing every tech-based DC villain at him from the Brain to Cyborg Superman.

yeah, I was running out of characters or I would've touched on that. Most good Rogues Galleries have some interconnecting themes. For other examples, Flashes Rogues are mostly career criminals with colourful gimmicks, who approach crime professionally. There's a lot of different ways you can take that, from Flash being a "working man hero" to the Flash having almost a professional relationship with most of his Rogues.

Then she returned in the 90's trying to get impregnated with Superman's sperm right?

Because wonderwoman sucks and is only continued to be a thing because the sheer negative reaction of dumping her even though she's deadweight by feminist fuckheads would be cataclysmic (even though these people can't remember a thing about the stupid bitch)?

The Flash Rogues also mostly fit the Science! theme (Heat, Cold, Weather, Inertia). Wondy's rogues aren't all mythological, but I do like the idea of them as well-intentioned but brutal, or primarily would-be rulers.

You may be thinking of someone else.

>from the Brain to Cyborg Superman.
Those were only cameos from the main villain's monitors

I remember somebody pointing out that a lot of Diana's rogues were Doctors or Scientists who used their abilities to cause harm, while Diana is a warrior who tries to help everyone she can.
Not a 100% one, and the original post was much more detailed, but it's an idea.

Not necessarily. For example, you'd think Spider-Man faces only animal-themed bastards, but then you've got guys like Electro and Kingpin and Mysterio and the Goblins and stuff. So a consistent theme isn't the be-all-end-all, you know?

Doesn't mean they're off the cards. If DC plan to push Cyborg for the next few years they're gonna probably be used at some point if his ongoing continues. They're desperate to give him more rogues and make him mainstream.

It isn't, but it does certainly help. Part of it is also that Wonder Woman has less consistent runs than a lot of big characters, so her villains tend to shift roles depending on who's writing.
Villains like Electro, Kingpin, the Goblins have fairly consistent portrayals, because they've had good, long standing runs in the past that fleshed them out and gave other writers a good template for they behave like.
Well, maybe not Electro.

>Hercules is a bit complex to include in her stories given the rapey backstory

Not to mention I think a lot of people today would have a hard time buying anyone named Hercules as a villain.