New social media platform "Gab"

So Paul Joseph Watson and some other politically incorrect you tubers are talking about this new 'free-speech' social network called Gab. Look at the fucking logo.

KEK works in mysterious ways, friends.

HOLY SHIT...Has this been created by a Sup Forumsack???

YOU SEE LEFTISTS

IT WAS ALL GAB

Sup Forums DINDU NUFFIN

I'm a beta tester, it's basically twitter with a like/dislike option, no shills, and no censorship

AMA

Consider removing the cancerous like/dislike platform.

Who is developing it?

Who owns this thing, and are they of the nose?

How do I also become a Beta Tester. Can you post screenshots in this thread?

Twitter has become shit-tier ever since they got purchased by Saudis and I am desperate for an alternative.

>upboats and downboats
>not cancer

pick exactly 1

Bump for the money
Trump for the show
Murder all your leaders
Go go go

WE A GOOD BOARD
WE TRYNA GET OUR SHEEEEIT TOGETHER

this is so shit, no security, no encryption and a cancerous bootstrap template

sage

It's not mysterious, this is the internet central for right wing reactionary thought. Do not be seriously surprised if new political parties start up with a frog as their symbol.

Nobody wants like/dislike - thats bullshit.

IMO if I were to design something it would be closer to a reputation thing. So people would earn stars for their accounts when they get retweeted posts and how many people talking about it matters more then how well it fits the current mainstream politics.

If people think its shitty trolling they won't retweet it or share it then that person won't get Rep.

Tell them not to support arabic unicode text. This is just an invitation to the NSA.

اللعنة عليك الحكومة الأمريكية سوف قصف منكم على اسم الله

So Reddit?

Andrew Torba is the name of the founder. I also have beta access and though there are a lot of features missing, it looks promising. I just don't know if any mass migration will be possible considering the Twitter userbase, but as of now there is an >30k waiting list for Gab.

here it comes
forget those other social networks this one will be different

sage

Censor leftist speech and we'll be good. :^)

Heavy metal arabic lyrics is a hilarious gag though

This. Having an option for people to press a button to support your position is fine, but allowing a simple click dislike opens up a whole can of worms that spirals out of control until you hit reddit level "censorship" ("It's not censored, we just don't show you it because enough people didn't like it").

Information and opinion sharing should not be metered out based on popular opinion. When decisions are made for you based on popular opinion instead of concrete rules, you get the vocal and uninformed masses making all the rules; it becomes another ((Facebook))

Can I download it?

CIA so they can keep a tag on far right extremists

then you'd just get "retweet" brigades like twitter and "upboat" brigades like reddit

How do I invest in this goyim?

Feels like massive tripfag circlejerk

If I had the technical know how or any sort of financing I would be trying to get on board this. Kikebook and Twitter have been caught redhanded for censoring their networks, and now Youtube is next.

Whoever can basically come up with the exact same thing that the previously mentioned social networks provide, but with the guarantee of freedom of expression, Mark Cuckerberg will go bankrupt

I believe it's only there to differentiate itself from twitter. Who cares if it's there or not, though? Do you take internet points and reputations seriously?

Should be a like dislike spectrum.

There are many posts and topics I don't feel strongly about. Forcing people to either love or hate everything is misleading

What is this? I don't speak German.

>No shills
>No censorship

So users can't block or mute anyone, and how will you stop paid advertisers from spreading the same opinion over and over and over again?

>m-muh anonymity
>I don't want anything to associate my name with unpopularity like when kids bullied me in school

seriously though, what's your opposition to it

Any sort of competition for twitter is welcome.

All the other big social media networks also could do with their monopolies challenged too.

Don't think I will use it all that much as I prefer anonymity.

I was seriously considering joining before you said thay. Like/dislikes are the cancer of the internet. At least (you)s take some thought and effort compared to clicking an up or down button.

>Done! You're #34305 in the waiting list.

I also agree with the removal of the upboat shit. That's for the lazy normies that don't want to think for themselves.

Me as well. I have many shekles..er..dollars that can go towards the R&D for this wonderful initiative

Sweet baby Jesus you sound like an asshurt autist

No they won't, they're already too ingrained. The average Twitter,or Facebook user doesn't use these platforms for politics, and even if they do, they don't care enough about "censorship" to switch to another platform that allows autists to call feminists ugly dykes without repercussion from the owner of the platform.

Please post investment link

This. You'll have your alt-right personalities and e-celebs that will circlejerk each other indefinitely and it'll be just like twitter, just edgier

They used to say Google was one good search engine away from irrelevancy.

That's not the case any more as they have diversified so much.

that's what it is. the posts aren't scored as much as your overall account is, but the score isn't really consequential unless you're autistic about your reputation on the internet

>No censoring

Well that just makes shitposting a lot easier, and posting cheese pizza too

That means more mods/janitors on edge, more hot pockets to fuel them. Corrupt mods are the same thing as censorship, this will turn into reddit.

>upboat/downboat mechanic
seriously why? that just means people will read the "default" regurgitated crap this new hugbox propagates. Have a tagging mechanism instead, a la hashtags, but others can tag shit for you too.

I have a big question how can you get users to migrate from twitter/facebook to Gab?

You are in the beta? What?

This leaves vulnerability to a topic since the upboats may be manipulated by shills; a post/opinion should be praised by its own merit supported by facts and not by a like/dislike button.

Not him, but in general, power begets power. If the users are anonymous, there is less of a chance for power to accumulate behind a single agent and corrupting the movement/discourse/etc.

>nothing to see here. Hillary corruption? Obviously not true, CNN has said nothing and there's no Google autocomplete for it

- t. (((Anonymous)))

Looks more like Slippy than Pepe.

Twitter is decreasing in popularity each year so this is coming at the perfect time.

I really hope it doesn't end up being an alt-right echo chamber, though.

Bump

That will be hard unless big name celebrities start using it. That's how Twitter took off.

I'm unclear as to the point of this post

Watch libtards and commies rage at this platform and bitch for it to be censored.

Start advertising it on twitter as the next new NORMIE thing then maybe it wont be

>like/dislike option

Into the trash it goes

oy vey *cough* me too, I definitely want to help the designer of this wonderful website.

Now someone post the investment link, for us who want to help so much.

so is this Kek's secret hangout

it's more like old BB reputation systems than reddit's. Posts with lower scores aren't hidden unless you yourself block it from only your view.

They really need to can that feature.

It is so easily abused.

>breitbart
Yes.

think of it more as a forums reputation systems than reddit's scoring, if you buy into the "le cite warzzz reddit is bad we r legion" autism

The like/dislike option worries me.

Imagine if this one was on twitter. People would sit on the pages of controversial people like Trump, Milo, O'Reily, Kanye, Bieber, etc and dislike every tweet they post without thinking.

more like a good ploy to get all of us back to social network sites when many here have no jewbook or (real life) twitter

I am also a beta user. Will post screenshots in a minute.

Sup Forums is a board of peace. Blame it on ebaums / digg / 9gag / Reddit / gab

Get rid of boating and it should be fine.

I was thinking that instead of up-voting or down-voting topics, there should be a button under a post that activates an algorithm that will find similar topic or idea without hashtags.

The most sought after topics and ideas then become "hot-topics" and you have the ability to see the hottest topic based on the algorithm.

You can keep the "like" or "re-gab" option but the like option won't affect the trending.

What this does is get rid of tacit liking or "like-stuffers" using brute force to push a particular idea. What it does is organically see what ideas are being sought and read...

not gonna lie

the aesthetic choice for this site looks pretty nice

would like to try it out, though 34k in line

I m already signed up to Minds.com though

You dont need to censor leftist speech, leftist arguments get destroyed when right wing arguments are on the table.. thats why they need to censor us not the other way around.

Oh god I can only imagine in the future when AR is everywhere people will like/dislike your actual words IRL

>That's for the lazy normies that don't want to think for themselves.
You are right, but social networking is mostly made for normies. Like it or not, this needs to be addressed. Being too edgy can mean failure.

you're more than welcome to stay here on Sup Forums, friend. However, there is nothing wrong with leaving the circle jerk hugboxes of either side

I just signed up. Here is a screenshot of the home page.

>accounts
>upboats

So it's reddit with 140 characters.

Looks like a worse version of twitter

I'm 34,412 on the waiting list.

Can has?

>Share freely
Oh boy, this looks bad.

it's good that Sup Forums created something the normies can use, where we can red pill them into voting Trump.

Jewtube has it an no one gives a fuck about dislikes

It's also a shitty name. It's already taken by another app.

you may be 14 and too young to remember forums having reputation systems. it's closer to that.

Hope the servers are strong.

Updated Screenshot.

>Dark Impulse

umm humm

Youtube isn't a social media

Is somebody from here following me?

Its an Alias that I use everywhere. Easy to remember.

Yeah /Redditpol/

>Do you take internet points and reputations seriously?
It's basic human nature, people are very likely to be influenced by what others are saying, even if it's subconscious.

You can't just go "hurf durf don't care about internet brownie points", it doesn't work like that.

>tfw you try to think of usernames but they all sound edgelord-tier

Like on here where the content is regulated by how much people reply to it, since your only way of getting rid of something is hiding it, even then you can still see it and know it's there.

be @FancyPudding

Currently on my final warning ban on FB
NPR cucks get triggered easy

what you would need to do to get the general population to move to the new app would be get some of the people/groups with large followings to explicitly use the new platform and inform their followers, where to go to keep up with them.