Wal-Mart Cutting 7,000 Highest-Paying Jobs

reuters.com/article/us-walmart-layoffs-idUSKCN1175D7
>Wal-Mart Stores Inc said on Thursday it will cut about 7,000 back-office jobs, mostly in accounting and invoicing positions at its U.S. stores, continuing a program it announced in June of cutting such jobs on the West Coast.

>Wal-Mart spokeswoman Deisha Barnett said the company will now cut back-office workers in all its approximately 4,600 stores over the next several months. The retailer employs about 1.5 million people in the United States.

>The eliminated back-office jobs typically include higher paid hourly workers who manage tasks like an individual store's daily cash flow or process claims from manufacturers delivering goods directly to stores.

>Starting early next year, those jobs will be automated and handled by a central office, the retailer had said in June.
What's going to happen to capitalism when companies no longer have any need to pay workers so they have little if any money with which to buy goods and services Sup Forums?

The people being fired are the ones who didnt do shit when jobs were sent overseas. Fuck them all, I hope they outsource every single job in America so they can be as down as I am.

It's a free market buddy, you are free to start a company that pays good wages.

>What's going to happen to capitalism when companies no longer have any need to pay workers so they have little if any money with which to buy goods and services Sup Forums?

Somebody always has money to buy the services and goods if nobody buys your shit the supply/demand mechanism will take care of it.

This, Wal-Mart is a parasite which has contributed to the decline of the American economy and what they've done to our culture is unforgivable.

Walmart will be gone in 5 years

niggers already moving to costco and trashing the place

universal basic income

They have been making cutbacks in the past 2 years because the Raised the minimum wage to 10 and wages of all employees.

You can now get a distribution job(box throwing) starting at 17 an hour.

I feel a bit guilty of contributing to the problem because I actually kind of like the walmart neighborhood market grocery store close to my house (which is smaller than a normal walmart) , pharmacy is cheap, etc.

When?

But the cost of living here is so fucking high, which is probably due to the minimum wage increase. It will be $15 by 2022

SHART

Do you think anybody who works in the stores is among the "7000 highest paying jobs"? These are executives and needless paperpushers.

>He believes it's a free market.

>7,000 back-office jobs, mostly in accounting and invoicing positions
I wonder how many of those are women.

Sorry ahmed

automation continues to devastate jobs...

It takes a lot of money to start a company, especially one that could compete with the mega-corps.

Not everyone just has money you know.

>Somebody always has money to buy the services and goods if nobody buys your shit the supply/demand mechanism will take care of it.

That's the upcoming issue, everyone will be so poor that they won't have money to buy the goods and services from businesses that the rich own. Walmarts will be shutting down because not enough people will have money to shop at them, while at the same time facing robberies and lootings.

So what? It's just as bad for them to lose their jobs. The big point is that they're losing their jobs to technology/automation too.

Eventually there won't be enough jobs for the amount of people who need them, and mass immigration will further lower the value of labor. These already major issues, but they will become so bad that it will either cause the collapse of society, or a new revolutionary system like basic income.

This is great news for consumers!

They're cutting the fat and becoming even more efficient, even though they are already the most efficient consumer goods distribution network in the entire history of human civilization.

I'd be okay with paying one cent more on my box of donuts if that meant 7,000 people kept their jobs.

Same desu. I would have paid a Dollar more for a box if It would have kept that Krispy Kreme in Laval.

Now I have to go to fucking Montreal for KK donuts.

>What's going to happen to capitalism when companies no longer have any need to pay workers so they have little if any money with which to buy goods and services Sup Forums?

Large structural changes need to happen or there could be a civil war.

A world similar to Soylent green or Rash? (Rash is by Pete Hautman)

Everybody Syria now.

Find something else to do. There are literally an infinite number of ways a person can be productive. Jesus Christ people are stupid.

>Large structural changes need to happen

I prefer the term: Transhumanism.

>bu-but muh degree
Normies BTFO

The Jews are delaying technological progress like space exploration and robotics. The Joo World Order doesn't just wants serfs

Why wait for automation? Why not give tax cuts to starting companies that have 80% of their personel substituted by machines?

Why not just not tax them at all instead?

Because it kills the goverment.

They cut out the employees that they actually pay and kept all the low level ones that need government gibsmedats.

Wal mart gets damn near free labor and you pick up the bill. How is that great for consumers?

Sounds wonderful.

Maybe, but we're not ready yet for anarchical systems.

Too much information(and fast) needs to be evenly distributed among the population to be effective.

I'm ready. I don't know (or care) about you or other people too much mane.

But aren't they paying the workers? Hows is that free labor?

They pay, but not much. Now there is even less room for a person to work their way up. If that's the only job a person can get then they are screwed. If a person can't get a better job than walmart then they are responsible for that shortcoming, but that doesn't mean walmart should be able get away with taking advantage of stupid people.

There is no such thing as to big to fail in capitalism. The US does not have capitalism.

RARE
A
R
E