The Serpent

Did he do anything wrong?

Are you a gnostic?

>Americans in charge of theological discussion

There was no serpent that brought sin and death to Earth. Death was already here long before that.

>0 content posts
kys achmed

why did he encourage eve to eat the apple that will lead to death instead of inmortality?

excuse my ignorance, fruit* not apple

prove it

protip: you cant

Serpent dindu nothing. He was just giving us knowledge. Bro-Tier Serpent

who asked the first question in the bible?

He did it to spite God. It was to show that God is not all powerful, did not create perfect creation and made a mistake of giving man free will, if you believe that.

Fossil record faggot.

He a good boy, he dindu nuffin. Shiiet, he was goin' back to church to get his life back on track.

True, because original sin isn't about death.

"According to Christian theology, God offered to our first parents more than what was “owed” to us given our nature. In particular, he offered Adam and Eve the beatific vision – a direct, “face to face” knowledge of the divine essence which far transcends the very limited knowledge of God we can have through natural reason, and which would entail unsurpassable bliss of a kind we could never attain given our natural powers. He also offered special helps that would deliver us from the limitations of our natures – that would free us from the ignorance and error our intellectual limitations open the door to, the moral errors our weak wills lead us into, the sicknesses and injuries our bodily limitations make possible, and so forth. By definition, none of this was “owed” to us, precisely because it is supernatural, that is, above or beyond what our nature required us to have. Hence while God cannot fail to will for us what is good for us given our nature, He would have done us no wrong in refraining from offering these supernatural gifts to us, precisely because they go beyond what our nature requires for our fulfillment. Still, He offered them to us anyway. But this offer was conditional.

The penalty for Adam's rebellion was the loss of the supernatural gifts they had been given and that their descendants would have been given, and a fall back into their merely natural state, with all its limitations. In particular, it was a loss of all the helps that would effectively have removed those limitations -- and worst of all, loss of the beatific vision. In short, the penalty of original sin was a privation, not a positive harm inflicted on human beings but rather the absence of a benefit they never had a right to or strict need for in the first place but would have received anyway had they not disobeyed. And it wasn’t the prospect of pitchforks and hellfire that Adam’s descendants had to look forward to because of what Adam did, but rather the privation of this supernatural gift. What is essential to Hell is the loss of the beatific vision, and while Hell can certainly also involve more than that (including the pains of sense) the standard view is that it does so only for those guilty of actual sin, and not those (such as infants who die without baptism) who merely suffer the penalty of original sin, without ever having committed actual sin."

Nope

Thanks for free will and freedom from the shackles of eternal servitude, Satan!

>fun fact: nowhere in the bible does it say that Saran was the snake

>Satan as the serpent was popularized by Paradise Lost, an imagined version of the war in heaven and its fallout,

>many things in this book and dances cantos are canonized in Christianity and Catholicism

Hail Satan

>Saran
Is that what you call the female version of Satan?

He tried to save us...

He is still trying to save us...

>Dubs
In spite of there being no reference, this must be tru.
>Also too lazy to google, pls sauce

Remember that God is omnipotent.

He put the apple there knowing in the future Adem would take it kek

Praise kek

Snek, technically dindu nuffin

Satan possessed it, but Adam and Eve were so retarded they let a talking snake jew them

Adam and Eve would have never had descendants. The snake, which happen to know a lot for some reason, taught them how to create life. Something only Gods knew about. It you read the bible carefully you will notice 3 Gods. One allmighty and two lesser ones.

I don't think so.

The will of God is absolute right? Thus it was His will that the serpent successfully tempted and corrupted the humans.

>first sin isn't about death
>it literally is stated not to eat of the tree of knowledge or you will surely die

yes, it should have kept it's fucking mouth shut

i dont technically(no not athiest) but if anythibg it does show me the snake is at minimum out for his/her/xerself despjlite some people thinking it "freed" man

But then we have no free will then. It's all planned.

Sakes are wise and graceful, there's only one animal gay and creepy enough to represent Satan.

Snakes.

YOU KNEW DAMN WELL I WAS A SNAKE BEFORE YOU TOOK ME IN

No satan was a freedom fighter and was the original american, we should all strive to be like him if you really value freedom instead of the tyranny imposed by god

>God says if man eats the fruit they will surely die
>Serpent says if man eats the fruit they will gain knowledge and become like god

>Currently shitposting using electricity and the internet, which is basically magic
>Humans grasp genetics and the building blocks of life more and more every year
>Know more now than all of humanity knew a mere few millennia ago
Looks like God was full of shit.

>lolz i love shitposting more than living forever! XD SNEKKKK

then you die

>than living forever!

Good luck with that, this simulation is dedicated to producing soldiers. You get to fight aliens and if you're lucky you don't even realize you're about to die when the time comes.

Does he deceived ?

tell me about finnish folklore religion

Satan doesn't exist. It's an egregore made up by some desert-dwelling goatherders.

>being incapable of making distinctions between different meanings of the word death

>they fell for the apple meme

the meaning of death in the bible is seperation from god. no other distinction needs to be made when talking about the bible