How does it make you feel that driving a car will be illegal in your lifetime?

How does it make you feel that driving a car will be illegal in your lifetime?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9EVrUmnv_fw
allfordmustangs.com/forums/classic-talk/326139-1967-mustang-s-code-fastback-gta-sell-not-sell.html
youtu.be/ufK2XRGUjuc
thenextweb.com/insider/2016/08/25/nutonomy-just-beat-uber-race-launch-self-driving-cabs/#gref
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

as a pizza delivery driver not good senpai

>making a driverless car legal will make driving illegal
this is actually how Sup Forums thinks
>but it will
THIS IS ACTUALLY HOW Sup Forums THINKS

shitty bait

They will take my 76 fastback from my cold dead corpse

Rage.

I'm kinda looking forward to the second big wave of underground illegal street racing.

triggered t b h

I'll keep driving my motorcycle then.

>he drives a pinto

Will never happen b/c MURICA. Will probably happen in Europe though.

Can driverless cars handle 6 feet of snow and off road, unmapped dirt roads?

Simply not gonna be feasible for quite a while. Even Google's most advanced driverless cars need extensive mapping data for all the roads they're going to be on, including driveways and shit, to be able to navigate via GPS. This is wayy more in depth data than your sat-nav will give you and it needs to be 100% up to date all of the time.
Perhaps in good conditions a computer will be a better driver than a person 99% of the time, but the issue is that it still won't be able to deal with any situation it hasn't been programmed to handle properly. The cars still struggle immensely with potholes, heavy rain and snow. And good luck with temporary roadworks or a tree half-obstructing the road - either of them will make the car come to a grinding halt and become useless.

Also the communication between cars is also a pretty bad security hole. These cars rely on shit like radar to detect things entering the road and are intended to communicate with each other to maneuver around each other, but all this communication needs to be 100% spot on and it also ABSOLUTELY needs to be 100% protected from a "man in the middle" style attack.

>Muh "Humans are fallable pieces of shit, the computer car will be much better!"
>Forgets a "fallable" human had to program it
>youtube.com/watch?v=9EVrUmnv_fw

>mfw

What are you on about?

driving on public streets is a chore desu. If i want to drive 4 fun i can still go to the nurburgring

How does that handle on unimproved surfaces? Looks nice user.

How does that handle on unimproved surfaces? Looks like a nice ride user.

>76

If you're gonna bullshit at least put some effort in.

Double post... fuckin browser.

Really well. Only problem, that it's kinda heavy, so if you go into the mud, you'll gonna dig very deep and it will be hard to push it out.

Otherwise, really awesome and reliable thing.

All it's going to take is one driver car hitting a driverless car loaded with nothing but children.

>76
Typo. Pls no bully

Within a few years it will be much better at this than you are. Guaranteed.

Will cops chase someone driving their own car among self-driving cars?

bread on hood

lmao same familia

Although if you continue this job long enough for this to happen then you kinda deserve to be jobless

This pic has so much 80's autism, it makes it just feel right.

ye cause usa has really proven that they are good drivers

Also what engine and why auto

Interesting. What year? (I will look up specs) I have an old XS850 I want to make look similar to yours, but was concerned about weight and wanted to get knobbies on it too.

90's autism just didn't live up to the hype.

I drive a truck and I'm hauling something in the bed at least half the time

Me on the left

It'll probably take me a couple of days to get used to a self-driving car. Of caourse I'll press an imaginary gas pedal or break. Anyone who taught someone else how to drive knows that feeling.

289 and auto was cheaper. I only refuse to sell it because it was my first car I built with my pops many years ago. Pic related wasn't mine, I'm just gay for stripes on mustangs mine is green. Contemplating buying a gt because I can get one cheaper before they come out with the new abomination version

Mines 1991, but XS850 is not as offroad cable as real enduro motorcycles.

Well actually everything depends on where you will be driving it. I'm quite tall and big, so XTZ 750 suits me well. But if you're under 6.2" I would not recommend it to you.

That's like a sliding scale from pedophile to mass murderer.

Maybe I should just get a dang enduro. I figured I could do some work and get it close. I should be okay, I'm 6'4 pole.

Guy with the pickelhat looks like he could fuck you up proper

The augmented cars will get hacked and attack people. After this the humans will rebel and we will be able to drive again.

You've obviously never lived in a rural area. Sometimes people need to literally make roads on ranches, they do this by repeatedly driving over them and clearing brush as needed.

Anyone who buys a self driving car without a manual backup is begging for the government or anyone with any computer skills to control and track their movements.

Thank God freedom of movement is a right in the US, I have a feeling in the not too distant future we will have lots of debates about what exactly that means.

an accurate representation of what steampunk would really look like

What samsung phone is this

15% rise in unemployment MINIMUM when these cars roll out. fuck you google.

Probably an S6.

personal cars will be history soon enough. Drones will fly us everywhere and the old roads will only be used for heavy transport.

>Buy self driving car
>Question the government
>Government hacks your car and drives you off a cliff

It will be great.

Instead of having to pay a driver, you will save maney for paying hoes for you to fuck all the way, while the car drives itself.

>steampunk
Not cyberpunk?

My family owns a ranch and I grew up driving on it.

Are you dumb enough to think that cars of the future won't have advanced path-mapping cameras? They will be able to react almost instantly to input from a dozen different sensors.

How delusional can you be?

Don't worry, thanks to new self-thinking brains from GoodGoyim Inc., questioning the goverment won't ever be a problem again!

you are correct, it will be illegal to dive vehicles on public roadway transit systems. rednecks can still destroy the earth with their retarded off road vehicles

Oh wow Laether Strip now there's a band name I hadn't heard in a decade or two.

>Get in driverless car
>Be Scottish
>"Please state your destination"
>"Adinburrrgh"
>"I did not catch that, please state your destination"
>"ADINBURRRGH"
>"I did not catch that, please slowly and clearly state your destination"
>"A-DIN-BURRRGH YE STOPID SLEG"
>"You have stated "Gatwick Airport". Please sit back and enjoy the ride, estimated arrival time is 6 hours 17 minutes."

Sounds like a lot of trouble to build the technology for a relatively small use-case.

Even if they do, personally I refuse to ever buy a vehicle that I cannot also control. I'm perfectly fine with self driving cars 99% of the time, and wouldn't mind them being mandatory on certain roads. Them being universally mandatory is asinine.

the 80s called and they want you back

You some kind of green freak fagboy, user? Muddin' is a traditional American hobby. If you don't like it you can giiiiiiiiit out

The Jews want to be able to control every aspect of your life. If you don't agree with them, they will just flick a button and your driverless car will crash into a tree.

The Kek Police has breached my sides through multiple points of entry.

0/10

allfordmustangs.com/forums/classic-talk/326139-1967-mustang-s-code-fastback-gta-sell-not-sell.html

>poor country
>too poor to make go trough with this shit
>people would fucking go medieval on the goverment if this passed because everybodys car is more important than their partner
sorry muskus, im keeping the corrado

Once self driving cars prove themselves safer than humans and saturate the market there will be a large push to ban human drivers not just for safety benefits but also because the cars could be synchronized in a way humans could never be. youtu.be/ufK2XRGUjuc that is basically how every intersection would look, there wouldn't need to be traffic lights anymore.

It will start in the cities around the 2040s, than the suburbs and end in a near total ban of human drivers with few exceptions.
I wouldn't surprised if some smaller European countries have an outright ban by 2050.

>tfw chinks beat everyone to self-driving tech

thenextweb.com/insider/2016/08/25/nutonomy-just-beat-uber-race-launch-self-driving-cabs/#gref

cant wait to start bricking these on the highway with my emp tunneler rifle
i winder if the doors open if all the electronics get fried?

>get into driverless cab
>ask to go to airport while avoiding black neighborhoods
>"I'm sorry ma'am, I'm programmed to not be racist. Your request has been recorded and forwarded to the police for possible hate crime prosecution."
>Meanwhile car drives non racist route through under privileged neighborhood
>disaffected youths about to start college walk in front of car
>non racist proximity sensors stop vehicle
>enrichment begins...

Would hate it if it was illegal to drive but;
>TFW live in wyoming
>It is at minimum an hour drive to some place different
>TFW could sit in car getting drunk playing vidya watching movies on every long ass drive.

>It will start in the cities around the 2040s,
lol

Try 2090s...

This is a pretty good point - how will driverless cars react to pedestrians and situations such as riots and protests blocking streets?

>Thinking it will take 80 years for stuff like this to happen
Much more life changing stuff than automating cars has happened in less time during the last century.

i dont have one anyway

they'll be stopped- driverless cars won't make contact with anything, even if it's harmless shoving

What happens when its below freezing and the glass on the camera/sensor frosts up?

Good. Too many people suck at driving as is while texting. Now the texting part wont even matter.

Why do they need all that shit strapped to the car?

The new E class drives itself, and it doesn't have loads of shit strapped to the roof.

Glad because I will not need to pay for a driving license.

Maybe.. they'll just stop, moving?.

I dont think you understand how these things work.

I dunno, because it won't be

you're right but for the wrong reasons.

it won't be self driving cars. it's because when we're about to run out of gas, driving will be restricted for civilians. that's why trump says it's a privilege.

Hi
How's life?

>be a chav
>get in driverless thing
>top morning 2u fookin twat where u wanna go
>oop yahr fookin cunt yez cunt
>top shit sir we will be arriving at poo tikka in 3 minutes after I smash into a polack please fasten your high vis vest and kindly go fuck yourself tally ho

good, as I'll be on the road with spikestrips ready to combat the robotic kike menace.

This is precisely why driver-less cars will never completely take over.

The new E class has achieved autonomous driving capability. In North America they're restricting that to pretty much highways, mostly because of legality issues, and also because we don't standardize our road signs like Europe does.

But in Europe they're fully capable of self navigating, avoiding issues, and parking once they get there.

Here's where the trouble comes in : automated driving relies on a vast array of sensors. Multiple Distronic radars (front and rear), blind spot sensors (sides), parktronic sonic sensors (about 10 of them usually), 360 camera coverage (4 near field cameras), active lane assist cameras (two to three forward facing cameras), and that's just the external visual systems. The chassis roll and pitch sensors are also tied into this, as are wheel speed sensors, accelerometers, tpms, and of course steering angle sensors, throttle position, brake position, etc etc etc I'm likely omitting about 50 more sensory systems here...

... point is, if just ONE of these systems is obstructed or gives back implausible data, the autonomous function simply cannot work.

For instance, if it rains, your lane assist camera array (found above your rear view mirror mounted to the windshield) cannot clearly make out the road markings. I'm confident they'll time that eventually with the movement of the wiper blades for increased reliability, however, if your wiper blade should streak, the camera can't see shit, and you're back to driving it yourself.

If a spec of ferrous material lands on the distronic radar, it's down for the count.

If a sharp stone chips the parktronic sensor, or mud splatters on it, its out for the count.

Etc. etc. etc. One sensor, just one, and you now have to drive the car yourself again.

Koni pls

It uses many kinds of sensors. The big ones are LIDAR and RADAR which dont care about that

Motorcycles will be the first thing to be banned.

It feels good, since i do not have a driving license and i hate the car traffic in the city.

I don't think they will ban it outright aisde of some places (like big cities), people will just be less and less inclined to buy themselves cars and so pass their driver licence, it will just become a hobby like having a vegetable garden or hunting.
Rural areas will still need cars anyway.

Can't wait you people drive like shit.

i dont feel like making another timestamp
fuck off

Thing is how much is one going to cost? As with everything, things usually become cheaper over time but I personally dont see Joe Average dropping I dunno 60K (spitballing) for a new driverless car.
Plus I wouldn't trust my life on "hands" of a machine, no machine is ever 100% safe/foolproof, it could be promille chance or 1/100000 or something very small and I still wouldn't trust it 100%

your telling me there is no redundancy in these systems? I dont believe that.

It is still new technology. A good chunk of these problems will be fixed in 10 years.

fellow retro bro

nice bike

Of course it will. Robot cars only have to be better than humans, which is not that hard. Imagine how the traffic would flow if it was automated. No need for traffic lights, no need for speed limits. Cars will speed past eachother within centimeters with flawless precision. This is the future.

I love the old school style of those bikes. Looks fun to ride.

I don't drive a car so no fucks given.

So who is responsible if and when one of these driverless cars gets into an accident and injures/kills someone or just causes property damage? It will take a while before laws and regulations catch up to the tech. Will auto insurance still be a necessity?

>illegal in my lifetime

No it won't even if the technology is right around the corner.

From a legislative perspective alone were talking about decades at the very least.

And to implement minority report style inferstructure where normal cars cannot even drive on lol we're talking about twice longer

Plus the horse is still street legal so I'll always have my gay Miata.

>get run over
>death by snu