You have 10 seconds to name a more cringe worthy portrayal than this

You have 10 seconds to name a more cringe worthy portrayal than this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-4cJb25uzcU
youtube.com/watch?v=hEbmG_PaNiw
youtube.com/watch?v=SS3uXgGGPPE
youtube.com/watch?v=LYI2KMFXLmo
youtube.com/watch?v=IwfoaQ2GyTU
youtube.com/watch?v=hobP_7pPV4s
youtu.be/GnP8nfRB4g4?t=116
youtube.com/watch?v=-Iks7OlN9DU
i.imgur.com/muj2OEr.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What do I lose?

About 3 hours of your life

I liked it.

Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka.

I was going to take you up on the challenge, but I honestly can't think of anything. Even portrayals from the more campy DC stuff is less cringey. I'd welcome Superfriends Luthor over this guy.

His portrayal or the movie? If you life the movie that's fine but his portrayal of Lex Luther is objectively wrong and bad, and ruined the movie for me (along with many other aspects).

I never saw that movie

I can cope with him being younger, I can even cope with his new appearance, but why on Earth did they decide to turn a character who was always calm, serious and logical into a fucking Mad Hatter?

Don't, it's terrible.

the opposite. I liked jessie eisenburg's portrayal of Lex. I thought the movie was good until the ending with doomsday which ruined it.

anything that this nigga does is shit. why does he talk like he just took a bottle of adderall? is that how millennials (i'm using that word correctly, you niggers) function?

Gal Gadot.

McKinnon in Ghostbusters.

Ehhhh... Not sure either are actually worse than Eisenberg but McKinnon is trying to be funny and falls completely flat, which is the most cringeworthy thing in entertainment (I can think of X uses for a dead body, TODAY!) but Eisenberg is truly awful.

His performance was great though. Best cape movie villain in ages.

Not the user you are replying to, but I liked his portrayal and the movie too.

Yeah, the character was nonsense garbage, but the performance was one of the few things I really liked about the movie. It's so weird. I hated Doomsday, but I did like that Superman died.

>a character who was always calm, serious and logical

lol DC fan plz

>always calm, serious and logical

>calm, serious and logical

youtube.com/watch?v=-4cJb25uzcU
youtube.com/watch?v=hEbmG_PaNiw
youtube.com/watch?v=SS3uXgGGPPE
youtube.com/watch?v=LYI2KMFXLmo
youtube.com/watch?v=IwfoaQ2GyTU

How can you hate that performance?

>he thinks luthor is always calm and not a raving mad scientist putting on a public face

youtube.com/watch?v=hobP_7pPV4s

they even show it in the dcau

Mandarin

>I don't know who Lex Luthor is, the post

youtu.be/GnP8nfRB4g4?t=116

What was wrong with that performance?

there was none because there was no actual mandarin

This overrated hack is awful as Tony Stark, who supposed to be like the darkest and most grim character that has ever been featured in Marvel comics, yet, he's somehow a dimensionless, egotistical narcissistic with a charisma that's more annoying than Kevin Hurt's jokes.
Casuals will say
"uhm Tony in the comics is an egomaniacal narcissist."

Which comics are you talking about? Shitty Ultimate comics? Shitty recent comics, which are trying to replicate the feel of the movies?

>no one remembers name of villain from Civil War
>Dr strange bad guys even more forgettable
>Lex Luthor has weekly threads

DC fomrula at work

>this is staying calm

>yelling in a cave about owning the world is logical

Guy Pearce's character was the Mandarin.

>this is serious

no he was Killian, the short (read, retcon due to fan reaction) confirmed the mandarin was out there somewhere. Killian just co-opted the Mandarin name as part of his ploy.

Dude you can stop posting those pages

It's not about how the character actually is, it's about adhering to MY idea of the character

My Lex Luthor isnt like those random comic pages. That's not muh Lex Luthor

>No one can stop The Wall!

That was such a dumb spineless move on Marvel's part. It literally changed nothing because the character will never be revisited, it just showed they're completely craven when it comes to audience opinion.

>this page
>not lex being calm
ok

>guys I like DC
>GUYS I REALLY LIKE DC
>NO SERIOUSLY GUYS I REALLY REALLY LIKE DC

You can be passionate without being a kook.
And that actually is serious and logical though.
Especially logical since it's literally about deductive reasoning.

youtube.com/watch?v=-Iks7OlN9DU

>>ring ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding

>ignoring all the rest of the examples

holy hell, grasping at straws

>talking in class and insulting people randomly is logical
>not something a total fucking autist would do

If you read the book, you'd know that everyone immediately calls him a spaz for doing that hsit and thinks he is weird as fuck.

also
>IGNORING ALL THE OTHER EXAMPLES

It was though, mainly because all the villains lately have sucked.

this

Step outside your DC safespace on Sup Forums and you will see things are a little different.

SyFy original movie The Phantom
Gave him weird neon armor and had him protecting a city instead of being the ghost who walks that is known or at recognizable

not really m8, unless you mean reddit

posting all these pages just really makes me see how much worse Eisenberg portrayed Lex

Instead of something like or where he is experiencing true anger or where he goes right up to Superman and fucking just handles him. Hell even in these old pages where is basically Spacey's Lex, a bit of cheese and resentful no matter what.

What we got instead was a massive sperg who MMMM mmmm taste this cherry candy DING DING DING uhh I am... hehehe no uhhh umm what am I

You obviously don't know what the outside world is like when you stay insulated in your DC safespace on Sup Forums 24/7.

fuck is this shit

I'm so glad this need to shoehorn Lex into Smallville during Clark's childhood died when Smallville did.

I liked BvS Lex. It showed how real a person can be. All it takes is for one autistic child with daddy issues to push him over the edge and show the world how truly misunderstood we are.

I remember watching that and wondering "Is this the Phantom?" but could never really be sure since I didn't see the intro. I thought it was some kind of knockoff. It was also really weird when someone on the news said 'a hero in a purple suit', like bitch it's almost completely black.

Doom in the Fantastic 4 movie that came oit tos year, where he's basically an MRA who browses r/theredpill seriously.

Ultron.

But I actaually still kinda liked Ultron because the cgi was interesting to watch and Spader's voice is sex.

Eisenberg on the other hand is ugly and his voice is unbearable.

I can't

>we want the Arrow-Daredevil audience

Literally anyone else. This Lex was great.

Mods you better do your job and delete company war threads. If you don't then I won't be held liable for what happens to this board...

t. broken retard who can't function now that his argument has been annihilated

who are you responding to?

Absolutely perfect. Great representation of a young Lex.

The guy I quoted,
Or can't you read?

>you have to go to all the way down to Reddit to get the other point of view

LOL

Nah, he's right. Lex wasn't serious and thoughtful until provoked Lex or outright fun crazy with a serious mask Lex.
He was just some rich dick with autism that hated being emasculated.

I really, really disliked Whiplash. I didn't like the look or concept, just seemed a pointless diversion in IM2 needing to have more-than-1 villain when the movie would have been much better focusing on the Hammer rivalry, instead it muddled and lessened both villains and the overall movie.

Having said that, Whiplash is still damn near infinitely superior to BvS Lex because at leas there was a real motivation present. There is simply nothing present in BvS to justify why Lex behaves the way he does, and yes I'm aware of the talk of angels & demons, more of Snyder's beloved biblical references that look pretty but lack any meaning within the context used.

If he had a hate-boner just for Supes, if he was shown for why he had that, I'd be more willing to understand but this guy wasn't a tragic character who accidentally slipped into villainhood, he was willing to *firebomb innocent people* just to make Supes look bad for the 15 minutes it took for everyone to realize that Supes doesn't use explosives. He was willing to kidnap and torture Supes' adoptive mom just to motivate him into goign after Bats. This wasn't misguided-antihero turned reluctant villain, this was bwah-hah-hah supervillainy with zero reason for being this comically over-the-top evil.

I'm not kidding, my neck and upper back ache just from thinking of Eisenberg-Lex, the cringe is palpable.

He may not have been a great Classic Lex, but he was hands down the most entertaining character in an otherwise tediously boring movie.

Baron Emo from Civil Fart

>Lex being pushed to the breaking point/having superman in his grasp is the same as speaking like an autist who just shit himself in every scene.

I can pull out scenes of Superman being an asshole and destroying peoples lives too ya know.

Reddit loves Eisenberg's Luthor though.

>It showed how real a person can be.
But he wasn't real, he was literally pulling out plot points and knowledge he shouldn't have out of his ass. That scene with the senator was great, I loved the whole 'The devils come from the sky' bit, but he just seemed too fantastic to be relatable, yet too much of an autistic child to enjoy it.

Man, Ultron is the ultimate fucking wasted potential.
The trailers all made him look great, and he had fantastic moments, but fuck they did nothing with him.

Malekith
Spacey or Hackman Luthor
Fant4astic Doom
Johnny Depp in the Alice films
Ultron
and the top spot, Jared Leto's shitshow of a Joker

Yeah, and everyone remembers Ultron too. Having a decent, non memorable villain is better then a villain that everyone remembers because he was so shit.

>Jared Leto's shitshow of a Joke
but user

The fact that you didn't understood is motives is a problem that lies with you, not the movie.

>If he had a hate-boner just for Supes, if he was shown for why he had that, I'd be more willing to understand but this guy wasn't a tragic character who accidentally slipped into villainhood, he was willing to *firebomb innocent people* just to make Supes look bad for the 15 minutes it took for everyone to realize that Supes doesn't use explosives. He was willing to kidnap and torture Supes' adoptive mom just to motivate him into goign after Bats. This wasn't misguided-antihero turned reluctant villain, this was bwah-hah-hah supervillainy with zero reason for being this comically over-the-top evil.

And that's what lex is. Lex isn't a tragic anti hero. He has never been that, he is just a plain bad that that lies to himself.

>foreshadowing on the shirt

kino

>eisenberg better than spacey

Ronan the Accuser
Maleketh
Diamondback

That took me 10 seconds.

>He may not have been a great Classic Lex

But he was.

He wasnt Johns or Timm's Lex, but was an absolute Lex

i.imgur.com/muj2OEr.jpg

A lot of it is that he never felt like a real threat.

yeah, I get they were going for the "It doesn't matter if you destroy this body, I'm already on the other side of the planet starting the next step of my plan" thing, but he never won a fight against the Avengers, and the biggest threats to them was Scarlet Witch and their own infighting.