DORMAMMU

Is this the biggest fuck up in the whole MCM?

The Infinity Gems are omnipotent in their respective universe. Where Dormammu lives they should be just rocks.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cGXU7268Z50
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just turn your brain off, bro!

So who has the Soul Stone?

Their power is innate. By bringing the Time Gem into the Dark Dimension, time is introduced as a concept.

Its magic bro

Bullshit 101, not how it works

>STRANGE?

Bane, I have come to bargain a flight

>guys I don't understand comic book magic

>it's just a comic book bro

I don't care about this movie but your argument is retarded no matter what

In the movies it is.

>not how it works
>adaptation of fucking Doctor Strange

Come on now.

When was this established in the movie verse? Oh right never

> I dont care but im gonna express my feelings anyway

Magic has rules

movie magic has different rules and is established through said movie

So how do magic space rocks work then?

It doesn't contradict anything previously established in the film, so it's fine.

>Bullshit 101, not how it works
Why? Have you ever flown to a different dimension where time is not a concept while carrying a rock capable of time magic to confirm this?

I kissed a girl once, does that count?

I have put my penis in a vagina, that's gotta count

Then you've forever given up attaining true comic book knowledge. You probably need to leave.

Tell me why I should see this piece of shit instead of Hacksaw Ridge tonight.

its hard to believe this movies had as many special effects as it did. you look back at ant man and iron man there are like only 4 action scenes.

All sorcerers in the movie were virgins.

Why they omitted that BIG part?

Strange loses his penis in the accident.
Unironically he doesn't give a shit about it, only his hands.

I dunno, I get that impression a few of them lost their virginity before going to Kamar-Taj, but true wizards are all virgins and none of these shitty MCU magicians are capable of saying any incantations or doing spells besides Inception-pocus and Magic Whips.
You know your Sorceress Supreme is shit when she can't even summon some Crimson Bands of Cytorrak like a fucking newfag.

>still caring about the MCU
It's your own fault.

The Dark Dimension is still part if the universe jackass.

It's the same concept as the Thanos Imperative

It's a movie about a wizard you fucking autist.

The infinity gems canonically don't work in other universes.

Dormammu was fusing his world whith the MCU world.

>The Infinity Gems are omnipotent in their respective universe.
But these are Infinity Stones.

Different dimension, same universe. The Dark Dimension doesn't exist outside of the Earth-616 universe; the one you see here is Earth-199999's DD. Think 616's Negative Zone and 1610's N-Zone (RIP).

I mean, there is precedence for this. The 616 Infinity Gems disappeared for a few years into the Malibu Comics universe and worked perfectly fine there.

The Time Gem has a very specific limitation of only working in it's own universe, it was a plot point in Secret Wars II. Avatar of Death hasn't had that limitation put on it.

Some of the direction is genuinely impressive, based Mads Mikkelsen and Strange out keikaku-ing Dormammu is fun as fuck to watch

When was this established in the movies?

Good point. We all know Marvel movies don't give a shit about their source material, so they're definitely not above changing longstanding facts in the comics.

See Hacksaw Ridge tonight, which is getting universal praise, literal standing ovations at film festivals.

Dr. Strange looks like it will have some awesome visuals and could be a fun ride but it's not going to be good in the way Hacksaw Ridge is supposed to be. See Dr. Strange some other night when you want something light and fun.

Jusr go watch Hacksaw

Alternate Dimensions are not the same as alternate Universes.
Dimensions reside within their respective Universal boundaries, so the Infinity Stones from Universe-616 would work inside the Dark Dimension within Universe-616.
Not using Dormammu's comic appearance is the biggest fuck-up in the film though

Dormammu isn't in another Universe, he's in another realm/dimension contained in the whatever universe the mcu is. That's how it works.

The dark dimension is still in universe dick head

Definitely watch Hacksaw, even that shitty Avatar guy did good

>implying you know anything about comics
If you did this thread wouldn't exist.

All this cosmology stuff has me wondering: have they announced a post-Secret Wars Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe to outline the new cosmology?

comic book logic in a movie? The fuck are you going on about?

>Not using Dormammu's comic appearance is the biggest fuck-up in the film though

Nah, I get why they did it. They really wanted the Dark Dimension to look alien. Dormammu, in the comics, doesn't really look like a demonic god from outside the boundaries of time.

The dark dimension isn't a separate universe, it's a magical dimension that's still part of the universe, like the Crimson cosmos, or the splinter realms.

Their universe was in the process of fusing with the Dark Dimension at the time.

MCU isn't 616

comic book rules will never apply unless Overlord Feige says so

it's better when he's relatively human-sized

>MCU

360 and walk away

>post-credits scene is just whoever the black guy was supposed to be being evil now because "there's too many sorcerers"

I guess I should be glad that the biggest issue of this movie is "the gems don't work like they do in this part of the comics"

He'll look like that after taking Mikkelsen appearances

You'd be walking TO it.

>inb4 "I was only pretending to be a newfag!"

That. And Strange and Thor discussing their cooperation and next moves for Ragnarok.

Hela or Surtur maybe, I just can guarantee it'll be in "Thor 3: Why do you still have hope"

>Forgetting sales tax

Universe =/= Dimension

Except the Dark dimension was being merged with our dimension. They were being connected - hence Strange being able to fly there.

So the membrane separating the two universes was non existent, why wouldn't the power transfer over?

Surprising literally no one

Not muh infinity stones. These movies suck. Real fans wouldn't let them get away with this!
:^)

Dormammu lives in a different dimension, different planes and dimensions in the marvel universe aren't necessarily different universes.

Do Americans really add tax to products while they are selling them?

Yeah

That's stupid. Why not just add it to the price instead of being dishonest.

You retarded? The realm that Dormammu rules is a pocket dimension within the current universe in which MCU takes place.

When was it established that the gems do not work outside their respective universe?

When was it established that Dormammu's dimension is outside the universe?

If what you say is true, why was Mephisto mirin Thanos with IG?

>keep the change
What a faggot. Is the change not good enough for him or something?

This is the second most infuriating thing about the US. Why can't the price already include the tax? Why fuck around with customers like this?

i dont know man those boots are cringe as fuck.

Hahah they're pathetic faggots with do not understand wizards

Dormammu was getting caught part of your plan?

this is the same logic as 'the aether shouldn't work in any of the other realms in thor 2' which proves the gems can work there

>THAT'S NOT HOW MAGIC WORKS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

This. Sam Worthington and Andrew Garfield were great. Say what you want about Mel Gibson, he knows how to get the most out of actors.

I thought the Dark Dimension was just another dimension, not another universe. Like how the Mirror Dimension is just another dimension, parallel and visually identical to ours?

>Thanos literally traveled back in time and into mephistos own realm using the gauntlet and then kicked his ass
>Gems don't work in other realms

Dormamu isn't on the scale that he has a singular M-body.

This is gonna be another forced meme isn't it?

Dormammu! I've come to bargain!

I'll give Sup Forums a few days.

Adam Warlock. who else would have it?

ARE YOU COCKSUCKING FAGGOTS RETARDED
IT'S STILL PART OF THE MCU UNIVERSE.
THE SAME WAY THAT THERE'S A SEPARATE DARK DIMENSION FOR THE 616 AREA.

We really should just ban everyone who doesn't understand how that works.

yo dormammu dawg

>cringe as fuck.

Just don't respond to any OP you see containing that phrase and it might pass over us. Someone keeps trying to push it, yet Sup Forums has been on its best behavior in regards to it.

It's all but confirmed to be appearing in Thor: Ragnarok, so probably either Hela or the Grandmaster.

> So who has the Soul Stone?
youtu.be/cGXU7268Z50

but comic books don't.

There's always one like (you) in the family.

So the shittiest movie franchise gets to introduce TWO gems?

Strange cast the time spell -before- entering Dormammu's universe.

you ignorant shit, different dimension doesn't=different universe

finding the last gem in the intro of Infinity Wars might also kick off Thanos getting off his ass

Dormammu sadly looked like complete shit. All I was thinking was "Oh, another Galactus".

You equating Dormammu to something that possibly isn't sentient?

It's a kids movie for children