Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/794694529790119937
twitter.com/BreedersCup/status/794690128866209792
youtube.com/watch?v=tSkYMaVcysI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

recap time

Is it really friday?

We only doing the Quasar bits?

Somehow, yes. Last Friday before the first Monday in November, too.

I think so, my levels of cope are not up to running a shitload of 90s comics and/or figured out what's worthwhile

did shit happen on comics twitter today? I saw vauge references to shit

4 more days

This double splash page, showcasing the artwork of Steve Dillon, who died last month, will run in all DC Comics titles published on the 16th November.

Superman vs Mon-El!

Not that I know of, but I can look if you give me an idea of what to look for

All I saw is that Zirch said and later deleted that both he and Kindt left SS because it was a micromanaged mess that didn't know what the fuck it wanted to be

Someone showed you Secret Defenders?

F

That's really, really well done.

i hope marvel gives him a page too. Just Frank at a table drinking

i just saw some tweets like generally grumbling about comics, nothing specific. probably nothing

there's always low-level discontent going around

They also did one for Cooke. I don't think Marvel did anything.

Comics suck so it was probably just normal grumbling

>Honored and thrilled that Mark is writing Viv. I love the depiction.

King is a diplomat and not going to get into fan-driven spats.

>Tom King @TomKingTK
>Honored and thrilled that Mark is writing Viv. I love the depiction.
twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/794694529790119937
2classy

You can tell cause he didn't talk to or fight with the Dickfags nor is he acknowledging Catwoman people

King recognizes it's a decent book

Weak bait, famalam.

Wait a minute, Black Bolt was a carny at this point? Who the fuck is Vanguard? And nice ponytail, Dick.

If he had any real fuss he'd talk to Waid privately, anyway. But he's been an intern, I'm sure he knows how WFH goes.

Songbird is barely trending on twitter and I foolishly thought it was something about the MCU or comics ;_;

But no it's a horse

:(

And not just a horse but a horse that lost by an inch

twitter.com/BreedersCup/status/794690128866209792

King is 2nice4me

Gladiator's mohawk is pretty bitchin'

Yeah, I'm still convinced I read somewhere it was King's idea for Waid to use her.

fite me.

ironic how a joke about triggering triggered Sup Forums so hard

youtube.com/watch?v=tSkYMaVcysI

What a fucking loser.

>Superman vs. Superboy

Ah, back when these guys and that Clark Kent that Thor kept running into were the only Supermans in Marvel.

>Yeah, I'm still convinced I read somewhere it was King's idea for Waid to use her.
It was a Tom's idea, yes. Tom Brevoort's.

>fite me.
Like, in real life? Because I'm pretty sure only numales like Champions.

>numale

lol

Hyperion is cute! CUTE!

>.@MarkWaid and Marvel asked me if they could continue Viv's story. I enthusiastically said yes. In a shared universe, the fun is sharing.

Tom King GETS shared universe and it's the greatest

be nice to each other in the back seat or I'll turn this storytime around and go home

Zirch was also talking about that aspect of how the immediate N52 sucked, lots of "you can't use them we have PLANS (that then never happened)", he had to cut out a Wild Dog appearance after it was drawn

Hey, I'm calling them how I see them

But OP, what about.McDonalds?

Russian dude is already obviously a good time

I kind of wish Ikaris's giant arm from that last panel was a physiological feature, and not just crappy perspective.

Did Cooke ever do much at Marvel though?

If I had a time machine I would def jump to like 2060 and get the Tell All Book about the nu52 relaunch. You KNOW there's all kinds of juicy shit.

i still think Berganza's claim of having a timeline for the 5 years that was the new DC continuity, is the funniest

he did some Spider-Man

whoops, now with page

>Did Cooke ever do much at Marvel though?
He wrote and drew two Tangled Web of Spider-Man issues with J. Bone and drew a Milligan X-Force issue.

Perhaps more importantly, he was supposed to oversee the Marvel Adventures line (not unlike how Way oversees Young Animal), but Axel Alonso (yes, that Alonso) handed it over to other people behind Cooke's back, souring him and Marvel in general in his eyes 'till the day of his death. Which is why you don't see much Cooke Marvel stuff.

>Did Cooke ever do much at Marvel though?

Got gypped when he tried to create an All Ages comic line.

fries are so bad for you but I love them

>everything about this sequence

>Who the fuck is Vanguard?

Darkstar's brother.
He's got a flying hammer AND a flying sickle, and mutant energy powers.

One Millionth Actual Clone right there, user.

Viv is superfluous, she should've died at the end of that run, there's nothing really worth doing with the character anymore.

Cooke threw a drink in Alonso's face at a con for that iirc

AND he's overprotective of his sister, I see

Heroes blowing off something because it's inconvenient? Finally truly relatable heroes!

Yep. Honestly, I'm not sure what I would have done in that situation, what Cooke did was very unprofessional and burned his bridge with Marvel forever, but Alonso has proven himself to be quite the smarmy motherfucker, so...

Heroes ... for the '90s!

So I now also have like 2000+ pages of Grendel

structured as the omni, not as issues

>AND he's overprotective of his sister, I see
When was he when she got shot in the fucking face by Fantomex?

user, you're wrong, because Lockjaw is cuter than Hyperion.

Lockjaw is cute.

Comics is a cruel motherfucker of a business. We can't all get call backs 5 years later to do our ideal origin story

>Novas face when he sees Rachel in her mom's spandex

Lockjaw is a doggus who is welcome at my house any time

;____;

>and burned his bridge with Marvel forever
1. He did no NEED Marvel. He was one of the most respected artists in the business, he was immensely popular. He didn't need Marvel to make comics, but Marvel would've gained a lot by having him do work for them
2. I'm sure that if he asked them to do a project for Marvel they wouldn't have refused. He just didn't want to.
3. Cooke was known to have problems with his temper, but at the end of the day he spoke his mind, didn't hide and talk about people behind their back. It saddens me that honesty is so underappreciated nowadays.

Personally, I only care about Hunter Rose and Christine Spar (shit got a bit too silly for me later, I mean, Grendel with a fucking lightsaber? OK, Wagner), but it's up to you how much you want to run.

This page is fantastic, but man, Wendell and Rich's future friendship is not heralded in this series at all.

>diamond-hard physiques

Gru is having too much fun with this

>AND he's overprotective of his sister, I see

Name a Marvel Brother of a Sister that isn't.

Except I guess Cable.

This is another great page. Fucking Blackagon and his vague gestures. He should have brought Medusa along to make up bullshit she claims is what he's saying.

>So I now also have like 2000+ pages of Grendel

So that'll be like, what, like 10-12 storytimes? 20 if we do it low and slow like brisket?

countdown time is a motherfucker

Lockjaw is best dog AND best Inhuman.

Dead, I think.

Cooke didn't seem too bothered by not working at Marvel

his main beef with DC seemed to be being typecast as a "can only draw retro style stuff" artist

more Pet Avengers fucking when

A shame the art took a dive after Capullo.

This is very, very 90s art.
The kind of art that screams "we just needed to fill in our top dozen guys who quit over their pay"

It was going to be hard to live up to Capullo, but this isn't even close

this kink is not okay

>Shanks a dude with his own indestructible hair.

Savage Hyperion.

this asshole, again?

Super-Knockoff Fight!

is that...

F

that Binary costume is not very good

Skeletron and Insidio are A++ names, though.

Did Hiro murder legacy captcha? I'm back to new, pain in the butt Captcha.

this is...not terribly interesting

HI THREAD

But user, it's mostly Grell Saturn Girl, with added shitty flame effects.

HI user

But the color contrast is weird and the bikini bottom looks even more painted on than usual

Also, this dude ain't Mike Grell

If the Shi'ar Guard are a major element of this crossover, I kind of regret not getting Rachel in on it in full Dark Phoenix regalia.

This, haters gonna h8.

This comic would be better with Skeletor all up in it

>Skar

REVENGERS RESEMBLE!

>numales
You need to go back

Hot Take: Grell Saturn Girl is bad.

these faces are too much

Remember that whenever people talk shit about the black costume. She's had worse.