Thoughts on Earth One?

Thoughts on Earth One?
I liked Batman a lot, but I've been hearing mixed things about the other books.

Other urls found in this thread:

www85.zippyshare.com/v/T1ctidZF/file.html
www74.zippyshare.com/v/hUZTLLaX/file.html
www74.zippyshare.com/v/4hYI7Fo8/file.html
www113.zippyshare.com/v/S2G9tJUQ/file.html
sendspace.com/file/ypmahz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Batman vol 1 was okay
Batman vol 2 was good
The rest are wastes of time. Superman is terrible.

Wonder Woman is a bit shit, but the Amazon bondage games early on are totally worth it.

Batman v1 was okay and v2 was an improvement.

The only other one that was good was the Wonder Woman one. The rest aren't that good.

Wonder Woman was great though.

Morrison Defense Force has arrived, I see.

I can't believe people actually like Earth 1 Batman. about the only thing I found of value in that book was Alfred, and even he wasn't that good.

It's mainly by comparison to the other Earth One books.

I only read the first volume of Superman which I found to be a pretty shit origin for Superman, and Wonder Woman which felt too heavy-handed to me.

Batman - Earth One Vol. 1 (2012) (digital) (Minutemen-PhD)
www85.zippyshare.com/v/T1ctidZF/file.html

Batman - Earth One Vol. 2 (2015) (webrip) (Worldbreaker-DCP)
www74.zippyshare.com/v/hUZTLLaX/file.html

Superman - Earth One Vol. 1 (2010) (digital) (Minutemen-PhD)
www74.zippyshare.com/v/4hYI7Fo8/file.html

Superman - Earth One Vol. 2 (2012) (Hul-konnen-DCP)
www113.zippyshare.com/v/S2G9tJUQ/file.html

Superman - Earth One Vol. 3 (2015) (webrip) (Windbreaker-DCP)
sendspace.com/file/ypmahz

I found both of those better than Batman. I mean Superman Earth 1 was crappy and WW was dull, but Supes had cool moments and the amount of thought that went into WW was amazing. Batman, meanwhile, was not only a shitty reimagining of the character and setting, it featured the most pathetic Batman I've ever seen.

I liked Batman and Wonder Woman. Superman was shit.

>it featured the most pathetic Batman I've ever seen.
That's kind of the point though.

I liked it
Same here.

Yeah, I don't mind characters being flawed and fucking up but this time it felt more like some mean-spirited parody of the character

It has its moments.

Batman is a fun elseworld about Bruce having to get good at being Batman.

And starting of shit makes moments like him figuring out where Birthday Boy is and bursting through the wall a big thing instead of just part of a sequence of events.

>both

>Blackfire was just a retarded Starfire monster clone
>Introducing a KID FLASH before a fucking Flash even exists in Earth-1

Is that from the second book?

LOL THAT BATMAN SURE IS FUCKING STUPID AND WEIRD ISNT HE?

This would be the equivalent of someone making fun of Superman because he has the trunks (rip), you can clearly see the malice behind it

Yes

What was the objective of the Earth One series? Be the Ultimate universe for DC?

Batfags are so fucking insufferable, god damn.

>the only people that defend earth one are people that hate Batman

Really makes you think

how come superman didnt just take the box

batman is dumb idiot who smells, i wouldnt want to be around him

Nah, you're just delusional.

just be all like 'yoink'

see ya later batjerk and green shitbuckets

oh nm he wanted to know what the box did

What said. I don't mind a green and inexperienced Batman who fucks up. This wasn't it.

At least I provided something to the discussion offering my opinion and a reason behind it, I didn't sperg out about an entire fanbase without adding anything worthwhile while calling other insufferable

You simply provided how you felt, which no one cares about unless you go into an in depth analysis as to what specific parts of the work you believe evoked such feelings. Unless you provide better context you can take your hurt feelings and leave.

One of my more favorite pages of Earth-one batman had to be the one where he accidentally scares a homeless person that was in the alley he fell into and then gave them a bundle of dollars and apologized. It was a pretty clear showing of that this Bruce Wayne doesn't know how to help people but he still wants to help them from the bottom of his heart. Yes he's incompetent and a novice but the comic goes regularly shows him improving one step at a time, which might be too slow for some people but I'm in no rush.

OP asked for thoughts, I provided mine and I am clearly not the one getting worked up over this discussion

>and I am clearly not the one getting worked up over this discussion

Because that phrase is always true every time someone says it. btw I'm not even the guy that posted

>Batman getting completely BTFO

LMAO I love this movie just for this scene alone.

Also naturally this is a way better fight scene than anything in Batman v Superman.

You deserve Cucka.

>. I don't mind a green and inexperienced Batman who fucks up

And we got that, in the the mask movie, in the 2 first nolan movies, in the legends of the dark knight comics, in long Halloween and Year One.

Rookie Batman has been a thing in dozens of comics, it has been explored in other elseworlds. I remember one in the early 1900 or late 1800 where on his first day as batman he fell too. The hook was "hooked" to a weak surface, he falls, almost died, and pretty much failed... the difference is that he didnt fell into Garbage cans. He was inexpereinced, not STUPID.
>It was a pretty clear showing of that this Bruce Wayne doesn't know how to help people

Can you imagine the level or retardation a billionare should need to have to don't know how he could help the homeless in his hometown? or how dumb anyone over 7 needs to be to not know stepping into evidence is a bad thing?

>Can you imagine the level or retardation a billionare should need to have to don't know how he could help the homeless in his hometown?

The same way any other batman in other continuities decides to put on a bat costume and punch insane asylum patients.

Johns is incapable of writing smart people, so Bruce comes across as mentally challenged.

I like how the people that defends Batman year one are always people that dislikes batman.

They are also the same people that says Johns doesnt hate batman.

So I guess all other humans heroes are stupid too my dear casual

>Johns is incapable of writing smart people

Well, that's actually pretty accurate.

It's what happened to the BBC Sherlock show. Dumb ignorant people writing smart characters is never a good idea.

Ah yes the casual insults flow in because you can't refute. Delicious.

Batcucks get triggered so easily by Johns

Batman is crazy and furry for dressing as a bat, blue beetle isnt. That's the logic behind batman haters, there's a reason why superman doesnt just kill lex isnt a thing here, even when lex has killed way more.

He refuted you in that post you dumbass.

Batman has cosplay sex with Catwoman on rooftops. Blue Beetle has no sex

I find it hilarious, I always enjoy laughing at their tears.

Looking forward to that Batman film written by Johns and Affleck by the way. :^)

>Blue Beetle has no sex.

Booster yould tell you otherwise

If you need Batgod to like Batman you're gonna hate it. If you can tolerate a Batman that Indidana Joneses his way to victory, you'll probably enjoy it.

>muh Bruce is not invincible superior ninja detective from the start here :(((
>fuck this!
That's the point of elsewolrds, you idiots. That's fresh and interesting view on the character.

>If you need Batgod to like Batman you're gonna hate it.

Where does this retarded idea comes from?
Year one and Zero Year don't have batgod.

Shaman doesnt have a batgod
Long Halloween doesnt have a batgod

MOST of classic and more loved batman stories don't have batgod

Neither Gothic (rookie batman too) nor AA from Morrison, the guy that invented the batgod feature the batgod.

Batman fans love VAMPIRE KILLER batman, Brave and the Bold batman, Adam West and Victorian batman. The idea that the hate of Earth One is from close minded people is retarded.

>>muh Bruce is not invincible superior ninja detective from the start hereHe isnt in ANY version of the character.

Bruce from the start is a 7 years old ;)

Also, your argument is shit read

as usual you can never have a civil discussion with johnsfags

I've never seen people hate on Earth-One outside of Sup Forums. People love this elsewolrd more than any other one.

8 years old, maybe?

>People love this elsewolrd more than any other one.

Johnsfags are insane.

Notice how they believe Earth oen is the only batman story where he isnt the batgod, we are talking about people that didnt read YEAR ONE

>Earth One is good because it does something new like having a rookie Batman!
>uhhh, actually that has been done already multiple times
>lmao you mad cuck?! triggered!

Everytime

I don't think they're Johnsfags. They sound like normies who like Batman. It doesn't look like they're following writers.

To be fair, they called him Impulse, not Kid Flash.

But yeah, still dumb.

Is Superman supposed to be bad in this? Because he's acting like Snyder's Man of Murder. Throwing lethal punches at a clearly non-superpowered person.

Apparently Bruce only ever trained under Alfred so he is weaksauce

>People love this elsewolrd more than any other one.

I wont mock you. Or name elseworlds you probably never heard before. I will just post this and you will justify why do you believe Earth One is more "loved".

That's the Nu-52 Edgy Superman that everyone hated

The lack of skill isnt the problem.

Bruce is a Dumbass.

Yeah because Superdad is so much less edgy crashing into caves and threatening children.

Superman is a jackass, and bruce for some reason never thought into investigating Superman power levels and just jump into attacking him, instead of, you know, distract him and run away as any non-retarded person would.

>Miller universe
>being loved by people, not edgy kids
Yeah, right. Next "good" elesworld pls.

Because those books are still embracing and in most cases creating the tropes found in a Batman story. Year One on the other hand is purely experimental, so it plays the usual tropes differently. It's subversive in nature and that's why most of the Batfags hate it.
I read it when I started comics, after reading Year One, TLH, COO and some other entry level stories and at that time I hated it. Because I wasn't thinking about the book from a critical standpoint, more like the lenses from a fanboy that wants to be entertained by certain type of storytelling. Now that I've read tons of books, I can look at it from critical point and understand its merits.
And I'm not saying subversion = good storytelling but it's a subversion done in a right and very playful manner. The book has a lot of artistic merits if you take in the whole concept. None of these things may be enough to entertain you though and that where most of the criticism behind the book comes from. People think entertainment value = good storytelling and that book is not looking to entertain you in the ways you expect it to.

You are saying that the second most praised cape comic ever isnt loved?

>Year One
*Earth One

Second? By whom?
Also if we take the whole elsewolrd with all the All-Star shit which probably counts and TDKSA etc - it makes this wolrd total garbage. TDKR was interesting because it was fresh then. Now it's just edgystory with terrible art.

>with terrible art.

Nice bait

that whole scene was off to be honest
from Clark giving no shit to collateral damage in the previous chase scene to almost killing Batman there

in the comics they even say that he was trying to kill Batman or something which makes it even worse

Do you know that elseworld and alternative earth or just earth are not interchangeble right?

They are all shit except Wonder Woman.

Superman is just bad.

Batman fails to understand the point of the character and instead makes the Punisher Alfred the hero of the book.

Teen Titans is just a Runaways ripoff.

Failures across the board.

Batman Earth One is basically Pro-NRA Masturbation.

Is Batman Earth One the most divisive comic on Sup Forums?

Certainly seems like it.

The Batfag asshurt from this was hilarious.

Lex has actually helped save the planet a couple times. He also has a team of lawyers and shills portraying him as a saintly hero. If Supes did kill him everyone would turn on him, and Batman would be one of the first to try to kill Supes.

With Joker it makes no sense because everyone knows he's evil, he's never been useful, and he kills people every time he gets out.

>Threatening Damian
>A bad thing
Little shit needs a spanking. And he was moreso threatening Bruce than Damian.

>If Supes did kill him everyone would turn on him
No one needs to know.

Not really.

No wonder cucks on Sup Forums hate it. Based Johns putting numale faggots in their place.

>he's never been useful

Casuals, I swear.

>Little shit needs a spanking.

Sure, the guy was KILLEd, had been tortured and nothing worked, he is heir to the world, and improved genetic version of a guy that was genetically perfect. You can't fix, him, just ignore him and wait until he die again

>threatening a guy that literally did nothing wrong in that instance
>somehow better

Johnsfags think it good (but they hate batman)

Normal Sup Forums think it's mediocre by Batman GN standards and by the merit of being Johns first GN. Nothing special about it

Batfags think that Bruce is the worst part of the story, and a terrible batman.

Is not divisive really, it's just that people that HATE batman are also fanboys of Johns in this board.