You think a crossover between western cape and anime/manga could work?

You think a crossover between western cape and anime/manga could work?

Power levels autism aside, Japanese stuff usually has a very different pacing, and directing , not to mention That having them interacting with western characters would feel very akward I believe.

There's also the problem of having them all feel in character, a japanese writer would make the western characters feel japanese and viceversa.
And also ,the matter of cultural diferences , the japanese have a lot of strong female characters , but also SHITLOADS of fanservice where the joke is female nudity, I can Imagine a western heroine going "OMG MUH PATRIARCHYYYYY" After a japanese one ends up naked and the japanese characters just stare.

So Sup Forums Do you think a crossover between existing western ans japanese franchises , with writers from both can be done and be enjoyable?

I would like to see the 05 dropped into Boku no Hero's universe.

Id pay for a Superman vs Godzilla movie

Attack on Titan/Avengers already happened OP

It was practically non-existant, and the titans were apparently alternate versions from their original incarnations, not to mention it was out of continuity for both marvel AND attack on titan? So what was the damn point?

I mean something like an arc where both franchises work together

One problem might be that many western characters have the habit of doing stuff while endlessly talking in a somewhat sarcastic way abut current events or random topics. Whie most nip characters tend to be more focused and keep the plot and filler dialogue for separate occasions.

I think a fun idea would be to have a cape characters guest star in manga as if they were part of that universe, or vice versa.

So, for example, have Spider-Man characters guest star in One Piece as people who've eaten Devil Fruit for their powers, rather than getting them through accidents or science experiments. You could even tie in that scene of Spider-Man lifting the machine off himself, overcoming the water-based weakness of the Devil Fruit through sheer will.

>So Sup Forums Do you think a crossover between existing western ans japanese franchises , with writers from both can be done and be enjoyable?

No. Not possible. The only reason Marvel vs DC ever worked - to the level that it actually worked, anyway - is because the fictional universes involved worked under enough similar "rules" as to be compatible with the crossover. There's no such compatability to be found in regards to an East v West crossover. And then there are the cultural differences in storytelling styles and characterization to overcome, which presents just as big an issue as "fictional universe compatability".

Ain't gonna happen, son. Best you'll ever get is Attack on Titan/Avengers.

The western character will just question why the fuck is everyone an Asian or simply won't be able to speak Japanese

Just read fan fiction if you want that shit, faggot.

This, this, this, make pic related real. You all know that you will buy it and read it.

Yeah. The pacing honestly isn't that different, they're both pretty decompressed as it is.

And there's a big difference in Japanese and American feminism. I recall reading a post from a Japanese feminist talking about how she hated how magical girl shows like Sailor Moon were held up as examples of strong, groundbreaking female characters when it was just more of the same shit as far as Japan was concerned. Popular shit, but not feminist in their minds at all.

They hate the nudity and such too, but they don't have a voice over here. Unlike the otaku culture which has bled through to the American weeaboos and the constant fanservice and violence that make American fans think that welcoming such things is the norm in Japan.

Toriyama LOVES superman.

So yeah.

He literally changed Goku's origin, AGAIN to make it even more like Superman's

>Power levels autism
>the japanese have a lot of strong female characters , but also SHITLOADS of fanservice
>I can Imagine a western heroine going "OMG MUH PATRIARCHYYYYY"
You know, you say a crossover and you limit it to capeshit and shonenshit, why?
Is that the only thing they got to offer?
And we have decades of capeshit stories without the "OMG MUH PATRIARCHYYYYY" so if that is what you can imagine then your imagination is very limited.

If you don't care for power level autism you wouldn't post that picture. Also, it's easy enough to make a crossover between them. For example, Justice League with Dragon Ball. First part, Goku got accidentally sent to JL earth. Either by Bulma's invention or fighting with Black as of now. Going to earth Goku got the attention of a lot of people because of a sudden appearance. Either by transported into the middle of a city or someone manage to detect Goku. Then he fights a couple of normal villains.

Part 2, the conflict. Some super strong villains comes out. Maybe even threats from outside of earth. Goku sensing the conflict went and help. The world finds out about super strong Goku. Villains found out about a universe where someone could learn to blow up a planet. They want to go there. Countries intrigued by Goku. They want him. After the fight with strong entity, Goku meets JL. Some thought he was a threat and others like him. Conflict happens between heroes, villains and government agents. Goku wants to go home.

Part 3, the end. Villains work together. Want to go to DB universe. Villains notice a sort of barrier blocking them. Spy the JL. Goku work with JL. Bulma contact and work with JL. Only have one chance of opening a portal. Villains come to fuck shit up. They fight. Win. Say goodbye. End.

Eh.

Well, it's not like there's never been crossovers between eastern and western franchises. I think the main reason we don't really see capeshit and anime/manga crossovers has less to do with the stories being too different and more to do with language barriers and the differences between how the industries work.

A crossover between Dragon Ball and Superman like in the OP's pic is basically unfeasible because the guy who made Dragon Ball is a social recluse who probably doesn't speak English. Most manga is made more like how indie comics are than the way Marvel and DC handle things.

It might be easier if it was an anime and the animation studios handling their respective properties got together to collaborate. It's not like some western companies -- including Marvel -- haven't collaborated with Japan before for animation, even beyond just outsourcing the actual animation. I'd wager part of the reason we haven't seen it done is because most Japanese series that are really popular in the west -- and thus have the capacity to turn a profit here -- are effectively creator-owned and are probably harder to collaborate with because of that.

With a component writer and a not shit idea like yours, it could work.

Competent, you mean?

you people have bad ideas and misconceptions about how a crossover would go

it would be the same as crossover movies or most crossover comics. No examination of American vs Japanese ideals like a retard because not everyone is a spastic like Kurt Busiek, it would be the same old bullshit of heroes fighting because of a misunderstanding and then they become friends at the end fighting a greater threat

>I recall reading a post from a Japanese feminist

I. actually used to work with a lot of interchange japanese students and I remember asking a lot of girls if they were bothered by the fanservice in anime and not one was bothered by it.

I think the main difference between japanese and american female writers is that the feminist american ones are very focused on making sick burnZ against men lol ask me about my feminista agenda to actually write anything decent, while the japanese female writers just want to have an interesting plot and execute it well, basically they seem to lack the inferiority complex in regards to men that the american ones seem to have

Maybe there's a generational difference there? Kinda like the difference between the original suffragettes, who were mainly aiming to get the right to vote and jobs, and the third-wave feminists who wanted complete and total equality.

And it was fucking SHIT.

Nah they just don't care about that shit , their culture finds nudity really funny.

Plus there's lot of fanservice for females too user, not everything is oppresion

>Kinda like the difference between the original suffragettes, who stood for something, and the third-wave crybaby feminists who cry male privilege everytime they don't get what they want and who think a man sitting besides a woman in a bus is rape oppression and male privilege.

Fixed it for ya

But that was shit user

I always wanted to see Tenchi Muyo within the Marvel Universe
>Tenchi, Sasami and Ayaka all represent the Jurai Royal Family and are trying to prevent the rest of the galatic empires from going to war with them
>Washu goes off to be a space goddess/scientist to meet the Fantastic Family and nerd out with Reed over science
>Mihoshi and Kiyone join the Nova Corps
>Ryoko stays on Earth to guard the home and become one of Japan's few heroes next to Sunfire.

I mean, have you seen males in anime? If they ever draw an ugly guy it´s because he´s either the villain or just because of comedy. Even their villains are good looking.

There aren't that many ugly males in comics, either.

>If you don't care for power level autism you wouldn't post that picture.
>Got triggered by a damn picture OP said nothing about

Wasn't Big Hero 6 Marvel's attempt to make a manga?

Nah, that was the Marvel Mangaverse.

Big Hero 6 was Marvel's umpteenth attempt to try for an American-style story about Japanese-type heroes.

Anime

Well Big Hero 6 is going to be in Kingdom Hearts.

That's kinda close to anime.

> basically they seem to lack the inferiority complex in regards to men that the american ones seem to have

I dunno. I remember reading that Arakawa changed her first name from Hiromi to Hiromu to sound more male when writing/drawing Fullmetal Alchemist

Probably for the same reason that JK Rowling and KA Applegate went by their initials when they started out.