What does Sup Forums think about Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi?

What does Sup Forums think about Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi?

youtu.be/1spk-Gl1QRQ

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=hQhzw_3whtM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puffy_AmiYumi
youtube.com/watch?v=zjx3opl9Vl8
youtube.com/watch?v=Xdwze-Wj6_4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It was fun when the episode actually concentrated its plot on Ami or Yumi.

The manager was just annoying and stupid, and had way too much screentime, for it to be truly enjoyable though.

This. The only memory I have is that episode where the manager is trying that hair growth formula. Can't remember much of the two characters I cared about

Even though I was going through my weeb phase hard when it came out, I enjoyed it for about two minutes before getting bored. It just felt so empty.

Also this, but I found myself not caring about Ami or Yumi either because they were pretty bland.

They're not very puffy.

The show was based on the girls who sang the Teen Titans theme, right?

Were they popular in animeland or something? If they weren't, seems like a fucking weird decision on CN's behalf to give these two nobodies a show just because they sang the theme song for a cartoon.

All I can remember about the characters, and I might be wrong, is Ami was the stereotypical girly girl and Yumi was the stereotypical tomboy. It was like PPG sans Blossom.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=hQhzw_3whtM

They were an actual band of some popularity at the time and Teen Titans made big cash because of Japan.

They were big enough to tour outside of Japan, so they definitely weren't random nobodies they picked to give a show to.

wat

Pretty shit, aside from nostalgia and waifus

It was okay. The music was good, and I still like the artstyle.

Where are they now?
Haven't heard shit from them in years.
The only thing that they've done, kinda, is do the intro TTG.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puffy_AmiYumi
Lots of stuff.
In Japan.
Where they're based.

That is by and far the most adorable picture of them I've ever seen.

Worse than Problem Solverz, but at least it had Grey Delisle.

It wasn't very good. I remember watching the episode where they both gain a lot of weight and becoming extremely uncomfortable while watching it

Really? It's really that worse than problem solvers?

puffy puffy vulva

I was obsessed with this show when I was little, along with Foster's. I loved the episode where Ami and Yumi ate sushi and had a weird nightmare. Another episode I loved was where Yumi wanted a Pink Palace Cheesburger.

>Worse than Problem Solverz

Did any of you guys love this show as much as Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends? I did. I couldn't get enough of either of those two shows. They also came out around the same time.

A lot of Sup Forums seemed to develop an inflation fetish when they were kids, but not me. I always thought it was awkward and unfunny

Amy and Yumi were cute as a fuck, a shame they were waay to cartoony out of their actual personalities, the show was kinda forgetable but the music videos were cool.
also best song:
youtube.com/watch?v=zjx3opl9Vl8

They were pretty big in latin america as I remember, but they died really fucking fast, the fad was death when the cartoon was still airing here.

I have seen no evidence of puffy nipples or vulva

It seems so many fetishes people developed here are based bodily humor from cartoons they used to watch.

>What does Sup Forums think about Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi?
I only watched this show when there was nothing else on and I thought the girls were cute

I was like 10 or 11 so yeah, penis had control over the remote

I only watched a little but I mildly enjoyed what I saw. However, I will say that whenever I think of this show, it reminds me of a really comfy period in my life. Like an air freshener that smells of good memories.

2004-early 2007 CN (the City era) was really comfy

Not comfy in quite the same way as the late 90s/early 00s era, but comfy in its own unique way

One of the classics!

As a kid, did anyone else here fantasize about having a threesome with Ami and Yumi?

I had dreams where I would hang out with Ami and Yumi. Even to this day, I have dreams about that show.

>honey
>and poo-poo
>as fuck

Can we filter this kind of talk? I always hated when people talked like this, find it tacky and immature

Probably the last time I really enjoyed CN. I even liked the weak shows like Squirrel Boy, Gym Partner, and Lazlo. I pretty much stopped watching when Chowder and Flapjack got bigger and I've still never checked out everything after. The newer shows like Gumball and Regular show just seem different to me.

Yes. I used to make out with my pillows pretending they were ami and Yuni

Why do you consider Lazlo "weak"?

I never saw the show but I know they worked with Jellyfish's Andy Sturmer, who was doing a lot of production on the side not just for other bands but mostly for Cartoon Network as well. He did TT if I am not mistaken. people say he's an asshole irl and is the reason why his band broke up but admit to holding him up on a pedestal.

For those of you not familiar with his former music, he did this. youtube.com/watch?v=Xdwze-Wj6_4

He was a big part of helping Puffy break out into America but he only contributed to a few albums and then fucked off back to doing jingles for cartoon network.

Now they're in their forties and have lead interesting lives. If I'm not mistaken, both of them have had children at this point and have been married at least once, but either have boyfriends/are not seeing anyone at the moment.

Which is kinda fucked up because as far as Japan is considered once you reach a certain age, you're considered spoiled goods. I don't even wanna know how it goes for single mothers.

>Can we stop doing something
>I don't like it, so that means it should cater to my opinions
grow up
slang happens

I had a huge crush on ami and I posted my adress in a random fan forum hoping that she would visit me

She was a funny character.