Did Bendis ever explain how Cyclops got his name cleared after attacking the Avengers, being Dark Phoenix...

Did Bendis ever explain how Cyclops got his name cleared after attacking the Avengers, being Dark Phoenix, and breaking out of prison?

He didn't. He was wanted by SHIELD and shit.

ok, so how'd he keep SHIELD off his ass?

By hiding.

But... didn't the Avengers find him at Weapon X like 3 issues into UXM?

The other x-men found him but they didn't tell on him

Cyclops was and is very much hated by the Marvel populace since AvX. Far more so than for just being a mutant. The mystery is what happened after Bendis' run and Uncanny 600 and Secret Wars 1, as well as what happened after Secret Wars but before Death of X.

I get that he was never much of a popular character compared to others, but it's hard to wrap my head around him being the dutiful hero for 50 years, only to be recent turned into literally Hitler. Though Death of X isn't over, I'm curious how it will play out that he becomes the most hated man in the world.

Don't they fucking hate him tho?

It's because Marvel is full of shit. Betcha when HydraCap is found out, he'll get a pass.

Yeah but he had students that didn't want to join them and they didn't want to sell them out so you know.

Muties are like gangs. You may hate the other guy, you may even try to kill him, but you don't snitch.

>did Bendis do his fucking job as a writer?
no, as always he just played god with his stupid little capeshit universe

i love cyke apologists love to ignore that he tried to destroy the earth. you really don't get to play hero after that. and when he was in control of the phoenix force he was being a complete fascist and he was completely okay with killing Scarlet witch and he killed Charles.

>and he killed Charles
Wolvienigger pls leave

>he tried to destroy the earth
No. He didn't.

Chuck hasn't been relevant in years.

>completely okay with killing Scarlet witch
>"this jewish nationalist smiled with glee when Hitler an heroed wow what a sick fuck amirite"

>i'm dark phoenix!!
he totally did even if he asked them to kill him, cyke went to far in his zealousness
Wolverine shoulda stabbed cyke in his stupid fat face.
yeah but killing him means he lost it, all his diginity

Um... how was he a fascist? Solving world hunger, trying to ensure the planet's ecosystem was saved, my god what a monster. Trying to execute a woman who was nearly responsible for a genocide and going absolutely insane when he was mindraped and had a cosmic monster in his head, Christ he is the next Hitler

His name isn't cleared, he's still a wanted terrorist, and more so now than then.

Yes he did, among many other things

Yes.

>Yes he did
>he totally did
Destroying the Earth was never even on the books? What the hell are you talking about? And becoming Dark Phoenix wasn't even his fault it was the Avengers'.

Hickman's Doom was a mistake.

>clear his name

haha... HAHAHA.... HAHAHAHAHA
;_;

>Wolverine should've killed Cyclops in his dumb doody-head
stay mad, Uncle Hank

well he wanted all nations to turn over their weapons, leaving only the phoenix 5 with god like powers, he wanted to lock up the avengers. he basically followed down the path of your typical villain. he didn't ask for the phoenix but he didn't reject it of try to get rid of it instead he betrayed his gf for more power. like how can you guys not see what is wrong with all this.

>Trying to execute a woman who was nearly responsible for a genocide

Daily reminder that if he didn't chimp out like a mutie near a redhead, she could've given everyone back their powers right there.

>genocide
>taking away powers from a person = their death = genocide
they just became humans again

Improved version.

Remind me: Did Wanda actually kill a bunch of mutants or just take away their powers? Because the way you niggers act it's like she slit their throats.

Remember the time they kicked every former mutant out from the Xavier mansion when they were no longer mutants? They genuinely think that if they aren't somehow deformed, they're dead to them.

Be inserting his Cyclops in Maria hill ass

She took their powers, and some died from it. For instance, one mutant was swimming in lava to impress his girlfriend. Suddenly he lost his powers and he burned to death.
Or, more reasonably, a flying mutant lost her powers a mile above ground.

alot of them died as a result of losing their powers (people that could fly, breathe underwater, etc.)

she just took their powers away. fucking mutie lovers cry over nothing. I feel really bad for wanda. she really got fucked over.

She knowingly and intentionally attempted to eradicate the x-gene from the universe and had the power to do it. Would you let off a klansman scot free because he just soaked a black man in bleach instead of hanging him?

He actively tried to make the earth better for everyone, despite being constantly antagonized by the Avengers. This is where Cyclops was right comes from. His self control allowed him to restrain the unlimited power granted him by the Phoenix to do good.

We saw the others give in to their darker natures fairly quickly.

It wasn't until the Avengers and Xavier attacked him while he was under the influence of the entirety of the Phoenix that he fell apart. Xavier was overall a good thing in Scott's life, the alternative would have been a pawn of Sinister, but you have to admit their relationship wasn't without issues. Xavier harbors many secrets, including Scott's brother, and put near impossible pressures on Scott to be the perfect mutant when in fact he is a deeply flawed man like anyone else.

Even in his breakdown, Scott limited the damage. When the Phoenix goes bad, it tends to eat solar systems of more. Scott contained it to a single life.

Ever since, it feels like writers or editorial keeps trying to push Cyclops toward villainy. The concept is fair enough, but they can't pull it off with keeping his character. For all his flaws, Scott is a man that wants to do good. Hell, it took them a year to figure out how to kill him off after writing him out. And even then, it doesn't feel like the calm and collected Cyclops, but more of an impulsive reactionary.

that makes no sense. She "no more mutants" as she reset reality from house of m, why would those muties even be there? still not her fault too.

So how the hell you solve world hunger? By magically creating food? Yeah, because that's not gonna create a complete chaos on the poorest countries. He can control the people who will dare to create such chaos? Well, there you have it, Fascistclops.

And I lol at excusing Wanda's murder. and then going to defend the fucktard for getting insane. Do I need to remind you Wanda also went insane because of the influence of Doom?

he was trying to do good just like injustice superman by ignoring their free will, nobody asked or wanted the muties to do this. they should of just worked to be rid of the phoenix force but all of them let the power go to their head.

>Even in his breakdown, Scott limited the damage. When the Phoenix goes bad, it tends to eat solar systems of more. Scott contained it to a single life.
He almost destroyed the world! It's right there in the book and in the Consequences mini.

cause she was sick of assholes like her fascist dad who wants mutants to lord high and above normal folks.

>Would you let off a klansman scot free because he just soaked a black man in bleach instead of hanging him?

Would I let a Klansman off for murder if he used magic to turn a black man into a white man? Yes, because that isn't murder, any more than any suicides done by people who woke up to be disfigured freaks when Cyclops brought back the X-gene is considered murder!

The fucking bitch wanted to do the same thing to him. He beat her to the punch.

>"oh noes my dad and brother are assholes"
>"HURR I SHUD PUNISH EVERY1 FOR WHAT THEY MIGHT DO"

>Cyclops brought back the X-gene
Nope

>any suicides done by people who woke up to be disfigured freaks when Cyclops brought back the X-gene is considered murder!
I wonder if this happened. I'm sure there had to be some people that had lives ruined by turning into a mutie freak, same problem i have with the inhumans mist bombing everyone. Not everyone wants cool powers especially if you end up looking fucked up.

she should have depowered all the muties so they could have gonna back to living regular lives. but i always felt it was kinda stupid how only mutants got mistreated so bad but there is thousands of super powered freaks.

That wasn't the case at all. They moved all those students away because they did not want them to be in danger. Did you even read the book you are referrencing.

As for the genocide, there was a kid who nearly died because he was unaware of M day. The only reason he didn't die is Beast caught him. Now consider how many muties there were and how many did not know they lost their powers.

>someone on Sup Forums actually reading the thing they're whining about
Don't be ridiculous.

There was one kid who turned into a supervillain after AvX because he didn't want to be a mutant. He appeared in the Magneto/SpOck issue of A+X.

Reminder that it was Scarlet Witch that brought the Phoenix Force to Earth and not Cyclops.

It's funny. Cyclops' fall was a complicated mix of emotions for me.
After AvsX, I was still rather filled with a sense of anger towards Cyclops, as he was one of the mutants at the forefront of the "Fuck Wanda" brigade during Children's Crusade and such. And yet here he was having fucked up much of the earth in a similar manner and yet not being pushed into obscurity, but getting not 1 but 2 books chronicling his adventures. Granted the second book was about his time displaced younger self, but I still felt angry. His crimes were just as, if not more, outrageous than Wanda's and yet while she was banished for 8 years, he gets to headline 2 books.
But I was young, and naive. And I didn't realize that he might have 2 books, but both of them were being written by Bendis. This was no blessing for Scott Summers, it was a curse. I've learned the error of my ways since.
Now, after Bendis' abysmal X-Men run, he has been pushed into the same level of obscurity, seemingly killed off unceremoniously between events (at least Hickman had him try to punch God Doom out before he was killed) and his name spoken in hushed whispers as if it was a dirty word. Ironically, I've received exactly what I wanted and yet I feel no joy. I just feel sorrow.
I was wrong about Bendis. He doesn't have some raging hate-boner for the Scarlet Witch, he's just terrible at writing comics. Maybe not all comics, but certainly Marvel Comics. Comics that require and understanding of continuity and the workings of a continuing story line.
And I know a lot of what happened to Scott has to do with executive mandates to scale back on X-Books, but I have to believe that if a better writer was in charge of Scott's story, it could have had a more satisfying conclusion. Hell, if they had just left Scott's story alone after Gillen finished it and jumped to the same 8-months later "Cyclops is dead" premise, it would have been slightly more dignified.
So, I'm sorry Rightclops. I'm sorry for everything.

I think it was Hope that did that.
Thought I suppose Wanda did cause the mutant shortage that created Hope.
But Doctor Doom was responsible for messing with Wanda's mind which results in her causing a mutant shortage.
So by the transitive property, Doom brought the Phoenix Force to Earth.

That's Sublime's fault.

Cyclops as a character has been fucked ever since Jean got bought back the first time and Scott straight up ditched Maddie and his infant child to be with her. Claremont himself has said this.

If the natural order hadn't been messed with, meaning that if Wanda hadn't made so no new mutants could show up, than the Phoenix Force wouldn't have come. The Phoenix Force came to Earth pissed off and obliterating tons of planets in its path to under Wanda's shenanigans.

So all those deaths are on Wanda's back.

If we're going to blame everything the Phoenix Five did in Wanda, we may as well blame it on Doom, who has admitted he powered her up and drove her mad.

Whatever. At least Wanda didn't sterilize all the mutants with a cloud.

Why does the Phoenix have such a boner for Earth's mutants?

Probably the same reason the Venom symbiote has a boner for Peter.

The Phoenix always come back no matter what happens to fucking mutants.

I feel like they're making adult Cyclops evil because they attempted that with Reed Richards and people pretty much universally agreed he was kind of a cunt, making it not as controversial as necessary.

>trillions of books about Cyclops
>no book where wanda and her family of robowizards drive around the multiverse in an RV

This muggah gets it.

You people do know that The Phoenix replaced Rightclops with the impostor who murdered Xavier in Rightclops's name, right?

THIS IS TRUE.

Go away, Kurt.

>Kurt?
Well, at least there not calling me Bendis anymore...

>Scott bursts out of San Francisco Bay
>>What the hell is going on???

someone should draw him Flyclopsing out of the water a la this cover

That's actually a tempting project to undertake.

... But then who was "JEEEAAN!" ?

>he doesn't know
How new are you?

It was also Busiek's idea to have the real Jean dormant in SF Bay, absolving her of any wrongdoing after X-Men 100

I think it's because mutants (those with strong powers) have been able to control it's powers to the fullest and has the potential to do the most good with them.

It just ends up being that almost everyone it ends up possessing falls to moral corruption, leading to Dark Pheonix stuff.

The reason why Hope was able to control it was thanks to the mental training she got by... I forget who, I want to say Iron Fist? All throughout AvX, and just uses the Phoenix's powers to fix the damage Scarlet Witch did to the mutant population before sending it back off to space.

Plus, isn't the whole "death and rebirth" thing basically evolution by a different name?
And who embodies evolution better than mutants?

>moral corruption, leading to Dark Pheonix stuff.

It wasn't Jean's fault, she got fucked with by Mastermind.

I think that the X-friends being so eager to blame Cyke for his Phoenix sins, but so willing to forgive Jean for much worse crimes, is some sort of Professor X psychic suggestion to automatically get revenge on anyone who kills him.
Otherwise all of them are just totally irredeemable hypocrites.

>tons of mutants are unsightly beasts that can never interact with regular humans in a meaningful way due to their horrible deformities
>Wanda wipes out the X gene, giving these people a second chance at life by making them normal humans
>this makes her worse than Hitler because some supermodels lost the ability to mindrape people or shoot lasers out of their dicks

>Cyclops allows the X gene to come back so he can have more child soldiers for his army
>thousands of people have their lives ripped away from them due to becoming fucking lizard people and disembodied mutant brains and shit against their will
>"Rightclops does it again, 10/10!"

And who was fucking with Scott's mind?
... among other things.

She wished.

If you want to argue the merits of genocide, you're on the wrong board.
Sup Forums is the sewer you're looking for.

>>Cyclops allows the X gene to come back

If that was her wish, House of M would have been a very different story.

That was still the man's plan all along.
... Well, before that PaxUtopia idea replaced it.

>Born with feature
>or it manifests with puberty
>horrible deformities

Yes, he ALLOWED IT. He had ample opportunity to put a stop to all that shit but he didn't because he wanted child soldiers for his army.

And this is how headcanon veers right past delusion and straight into incoherence.

Literally no way of knowing if it would've turned out differently.
It's really the Avengers fault and especially that faggot, Tony's.
>because he wanted child soldiers
For an army that... wasn't necessary when there are now naturally occurring Mutant births?
inb4 training children to properly handle their potentially lethal abilities isn't fostering child soldiers. It wasn't even that during Schism because they all had the choice to be there or not, and many left.

>isn't
killme

>horrible deformities

Glob Herman. Anole. Beak. Ugly John. The guy made out of rocks. The red guy with the skull face. Beast. Pretty much all of the Morlocks. Absalom. Marrow. Bling. Mammomax. Skin. Chamber. The dude covered in fucking eyes. That one guy that's a giant racist crawfish. No-Girl.

Horrible. Deformities.

>In my opinion.

Way to bodyshame anyone who isn't living up to your own limited definitions of acceptable.
What next? Killing any baby that doesn't look healthy enough?

Thisssssssssss

I believe retards should not be allowed to live

Wanda got sad and fucked over people she never met.
Scott got determined and fought off everyone he ever met to save people he never met.

Fuck Wanda. She's not fit to scrub his boots.

Lol, dude, the only reason he trained kids is because they need that training. If you've ever read an X-men book, you'd see that normal folk are always trying to kill them.

>Morlocks

I thought they all got killed. Wasn't there that whole Morlock Massacre?

B
E
N
D
I
S
?

He didn't ever get his name cleared? He was on the run after breaking out of prison, until his death.

They weren't all killed.
And besides, that's like saying one massacre could wipe out the homeless population of NewYork once and for all.
The social ills that drove the homeless, destitute, and rejected mutant population into the Morlock sub-culture identity still exist.
If every last one was killed and the very concept was wiped from the face of the Earth, an underground society of discarded mutants would still form under a different name.

How would Sup Forumsmrades would have written Cykes after AvX Consequences where he admits he has done nothing wrong?