What went right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6s9sjPzyQjk
youtube.com/watch?v=7r37r5CL8U0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtu.be/6s9sjPzyQjk

Literally the only memorable part

The pterodactyls. Only plebs bitch about this film

100x times more entertaining than a little black girl using gymnastics to kick a Velociraptor

tea leoni

but in all seriousness it sucked

Enjoyed it more than Lost World. If the T-rex didn't job to the Spino people would like this movie a lot more.

Watched Oliver Harper's review?

Yeah, I feel a lot of people got triggered by that.

My only complaints are that Macy was a miscast and the movie feels a little too short. They should have aimed for at least 2 hours.

The effects and pacing. It isn't as deep as 1, but it sure it the most entertaining and exciting of the three.

Spino was a great antagonist

Yeah, I love how in the movie the T-Rex was actually seen as the hero in a way. If it wasn't for the T-Rex, they wouldn't have been able to escape from the Spinosaurus.

everything

Felt like there was nothing at stake. I didn't cae about any of the characters or whether they lived or died becauset hey were all anoying. I didnt even care about Sam Neil because he spent a lot of the film looking like he would have been happy to be put out of his misery.

The set design, the action scenes and the animatronics. The visuals in general desu. It's still the prettiest movie in the franchise to this day.

Because it gave us quick and effective dinosaur action without trying too hard to be a big blockbuster like The Lost World.

the tie-in game

The balding mercenary was the only good part.

Which one? JPOG?

>when you make a park that works then decide to unleash chaos, close the park forever, and watch over the dilapidated park as the remaining dinosaurs slowly die off
Imagine if Jurassic Park were real and it had to close down. Imagine all the people posting pictures and videos of the abandoned park.

I only played Operation Genesis for Site B. That was the perfect mode. I could just sit back and watch the dinosaurs do their thing. The park building aspect was a bit wonky for me. Hopefully that new one Frontier is making (Jurassic World Evolution) will be decent.

Nothing, it felt like a made for tv movie

>nice, brisk pace
>doesn't try to outdo one, is just content to be a fun popcorn movie
>ALAN
>Pterodactyl sequence is GOAT and has the bonus of being towards the end of the movie

Not a great movie by any means, but very watchable. I'll take it over TLW any day

I hope they have the option (or DLC or a well fleshed-out mod) to make '90-'93 era parks.

yeah i meant to post a picture of JPOG but messed up, that was a good game

I agree. The park in Jurassic World didn't look very appealing to me at all. It looked too modern.

Now this game goes for up to $120 on PC. Why didn't they just put it on Steam with Workshop implementation? That would be a goldmine for them.

Giving the Raptors some characterization was kinda neat. Though it would have been cool if the Raptors v. Spino ensing had happened.

The Pteranadon scene was pretty spoopy

Site B has a neat Aesthetic.

Otherwise, it doesn't drop the ball halfway like The Lost World, so it's an improvement on that.

JPOG was great. There was something really cool about building s patk that wss just a MASSIVE safari zone.

what you have to remember about JPIII is that it was a strike movie. there was an actor's strike threatened at the time and so Uni rushed it into production so they'd have a summer 2001 blockbuster. on top of that, they scrapped the original script about a school trip of kids getting stuck on the island only a few weeks before production was supposed to start, and had to reverse-engineer everything they were already stuck with into a new story. this is why JPIII is only 90 minutes long.

it's amazing anything watchable got made at all.

Why does Isla Sorna have both coniferous forests AND tropical forests?

I did enjoy the animatronics a lot (especially the raptors, probably the best looking of the series) and the birdcage was cool.
I hated it for a while because of the Spino vs Rex fight (which was Jack Horner being a faggot) but it's grown on me over the years.

Don't mind me, I'm just responsible for the most human deaths in the seties.

Was this running gag supposed to be a Peter Pan reference?

ALAN

Reminder they're coming out with a new Operation Genesis game next year

Didn't the guy who brought the T-Rex back to city rack up a higher body count?

Oh yes Jurassic World Evolution™, created by Frontier©. Forgot about Jurassic World Evolution™©

>not Claire
She was responsible for the creation of the I-Rex and wouldn't even shut the whole park down when it escaped

That inconsistency bothers me greatly.

nothing. JP3 is a lame syfy original movie tier flick with good effects, by far the worst entry in the franchise

John Hammond was ultimately responsible for any death that occurred throughout all 4 films, at the root of it all.

She also outran a T-Rex in high heels. I just wanted to remind everyone of that.

this was my fav jurassic park! the parachuting opening, the airplane crash scene, the tricking sam neill, the two big dinos fighting, the phone in the poop, the location....

Its getting a reboot by the Planet coaster niggers

i heard Sup Forums say good things about Planet Coaster, which is saying something

i just want to make a herbivore enclosure where the only water source has Mosasaurs in it, if they let me do that i'm happy.

YAAS QUEEN.

Hopefully it will be more freeform sandbox and less gay Zoo Tycoon 3 premade shit.

Claire didn't create the Indominus, that was all Masrani and Wu

Claire DID go full retard when she didn't just phone the command center to check the GPS before letting Owen and the fat guy in the cage

SHE'S A CUTE!

The ruins of site B allow for some pretty interesting scenes. Half the time they're obstacles for the characters, the other half they're places of refuge. I also like how the ruins hint at the scale of the operation.

No joke, I liked JP3 better than Lost World. Not ripping on the great Pete Postlethwaite, he was the only saving grace about TLW, but other than that it was such an insultingly trash adaptation. The generic JP3 that was made as a Hollywood flick from the ground up was a bit refreshing (although they did nip some stuff from the novels that didn't make it in the first films, like the aviary and the like). Not spectacular, but a solid generic flick that didn't butcher and shit over a good novel to be made.

>Pete Postlethwaite

I never knew the guy's name, and I just looked him and realized he died in 2011...wow.

Wu and Masrani were responsible for the creation of the creature and she had inadequate knowledge of it because the information was withheld. It's really not her fault that it escaped, but I can't debate the fact that she should have evacuated.

Peter, if you want me to run your little camping trip, there are two conditions. Firstly, I'm in charge. And when I'm not around, Dieter is. All you need to do is sign the checks, tell us we're doing a good job and open your case of Scotch when we have a good day.

Second condition, my fee. You can keep it. All I want in exchange for my services is the right to hunt one of the tyrannosaurs. A male. A buck only. How and why are my business. Now if you don't like either of those two conditions you're on your own.

So go ahead, set up base camp right here, or in a swamp, or in the middle of a Rex nest for all I care. But I've been on too many safaris with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas.

Okay?

JP2 was fucking great. Only turbo autists get hung up on it's minor flaws.

That's what I took it as. Considering Spino is essentially a giant bipedal croc

It's more than "minor flaws" when you take the source material into account, too. All the changes sucked ass, the most suspenseful parts were removed to make room for the stupid T-Rex in San Diego shit, characters rolled together into lame composites, only good action scene was underwhelming compared to a book. Just no. Besides Pete carrying anything he's in, TLW was mediocre flick at best, and it was a criminally poor adaptation.
Only thing good. Nice dubs.

Roland Tembo was such a great character, the comaradarie he had with Ajay, his Indian hunting partner was a nice touch.

i'm still mad they cut this scene

youtube.com/watch?v=7r37r5CL8U0

I don't give a shit about the book. It has no place in film discussion, so don't bring it up again. It's not a bad movie.

How do you know he didn't save lives that would have been inevitably lost had they successfully brought the dinosaurs to the mainland?

I remember a long time ago I was at someone's house watching TV and this was on one channel and this scene played. Did this happen to anyone else?

Literally the only good part of the movie

Probably more trouble than it's worth getting the license to do that. Better question is why would anyone pay that when they could pirate?

because ultimately dinosaurs are just animals, and zoos have existed for centuries?

In JP1 and JP2, things went to shit due to human sabotage. In JW they went to shit because they purposefully bred an invisible, untraceable weaponized t-rex with the brain of a raptor. The original T-rex has been a safe attraction for 10 years.

yeah i also saw that scene on TV first. whatever copies the station used must have the deleted scenes, because i also remember Ludlow's extended boardroom scene.

Seeing Trexfags get BTFO

>kills raptor with gymnastics

>15 second scene makes a movie bad

It's almost "blink and you miss it" tier.

I read they cut this scene out solely for the fact that it makes Tembo look too heroic.

It was cut because people kept siding with Tembo.

It's just one egregious example from a movie full of mediocrity. Your favorite film is shit.

how can you not? even in the theatrical version he was awesome

>charismatic as fuck
>gets sabotaged by cunt Vince Vaughn, saves them from the cliff anyway
>shows concern to retarded Sarah Harding who had a bloody shirt (WITH BABY REX BLOOD) that eventually led to the Rexes tracking them
>would've killed one Rex if cunt Vaughn didn't take out his ammo
>forced to tranquilize one Rex due to this shit, otherwise San Diego would never have happened

The Lost World goes from below average to a pretty good movie if you watch it with the idea that the viewpoint characters are the bad guys and Tembo's party are the good guys.

If the movie had been "rich dentists safari gone wrong" it would have been GOAT. But instead we got Greenpeace bullshit.

I guess if you have autism. Few criticisms of it can't simply be boiled down to autism.

This fucking movie shits all over the ending of the original just because Joey didn't like Alan and Ellie being together. Fucking hell, man.

>the viewpoint characters are the bad guys
To be fair, Ian Malcolm keeps telling them they're being stupid and idiotic and mocks them constantly throughout the whole movie.

Would Big T have actually lost to Spiney?

It didn't try to pretend to be more than a dino movie, unlike TLW.

I don't remember this, is it from a deleted scene?

It's in the movie for about 5 seconds.

Oh, for a minute I thought it was in the second one and was the reason the crew was ripped to shreds.

It's one of the best scenes of the movie.

no, irl Spino had spindly legs and poor bite force. it's a huge duck, basically.

That's not saying much.

joey?

Post a screengrab better than sweaty Bryce from JW

>mfw they really did just throw plants together 'bcuz it looks gud'

Joe Johnston.

The best scene. And no, it's not a deleted one.

GRANT!

so is this guy still in Site B? What happened to Site B during Jurassic World timeline anyway?

>Spared no expense ;^)

To be even fairer, Ian is essentially a professional "I Told Ya So". Everyone is sick of his shit and they crave to prove him wrong just to shut him up and knock him down a peg or two.

Damn. What do you think his fee was?

Sometimes they put longer versions of scenes or full deleted scenes in to match up with the ads better

I fucking LOVE this movie, yeah, is full of problems and the pacing is kinda slow in the beginning but is just so fun, comfy and memorable for me.

It's barely worse than the other sequels and that's only because it doesn't have a climax. Had they kept the raptor pack killing the spino it would have been better than the other two sequels.