twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

aaggghhh...

Alright
Serious /got/ thread time
Time to discuss something important such as jonerys

>that pic
Shit edition.

chicken

Does anyone remember what the point of this Red Priestess was about? I remember her meeting with Tyrion, but can't remember why.

to give dany legitimacy as the PRINCESS that was promised

He also bent the knee while laying down

>I remember her meeting with Tyrion
Didn't she meet with Daenerys as well?

To spout vague prophecy

To encourage posting in the true and rightful thread:

===KING OF ESSOS SIMULATOR===

King Viserys III has been mauled by a stone man, and as he lies dying, he names YOU, his bastard, as his legitimate heir. Then, he dies.

You can pick seven of the following cities to ally with. The other eleven WILL rise up in rebellion, no exceptions. You gain control of all of their territories and subjects, and you must choose your Council, Queen, and Kingsguard from this pool. Everyone alive at the beginning of the series is alive here.

Braavos
Lorath
Lys
Myr
Norvos
Pentos
Qohor
Tyrosh
Volantis
Vaes Dothrak
Astapor
Yunkai
Meereen
Lhazosh
Qarth
Samyriana
Kayakayanaya
Bayasabhad

Which cities do you ally with?
Who do you marry?
Who are your advisors?

>Serious /got/ thread time
>proceeds to talk about Jonerys

is there any clue as to the power rankings of each city anyway?

Right? That redefines the meaning of "savage"

Yeah, since that is now unironically one of the major plotlines of the series

Series ends with daenerys taking a cumshot to the face.

that's not how babies are made lol

When will book Roose break out the skin cloaks he's been secretly making of the Winterfell captives?

>Yeah, since that is now unironically one of the major plotlines of the series
Welp, that's too bad. I hope it doesn't happen in the books though. But I think GRRM pretty much confirmed it

Was Qhorin Halfhand a great fighter? I know he took it easy in the fight with Jon, so Jon could infiltrate the wildlings

>too bad
please explain

he's actually Arthur Dayne. And Rhaegar is Mance.

Would human skin feel any different from leather?

I don't like Jonerys. I think it's stupid and predictable

Now I'm trying to remember what book Mace looked like. Do they ever bring up his hair or eye color?

And yet it is very effective. Not only does it consolidate and establish the anti-cersei forces as a united front, but also allows the continuation of the "true" Targaryen/Dragon bloodline
Sometimes the predictability of a narrative device is proportional to the magnitude of its consequences. I think this is exactly the case with jonerys.

youtube.com/watch?v=Hz__DHnVKxY

Imagine how hard they must be fucking over GRRM's stories we haven't read considering how hard they butchered the ones we've read. George must be writhing in pain watching that shit unfold.

Targs are such a shit Mary Sue house I'm rooting for Lannister shits over them.

They're literally Ice and Fire, the fuck did you expect

Azor Petyr

>George must be writhing in pain watching that shit unfold.
Does he even care?

Yes the angry retarded broke antagonistic house is definitely better. Targs are fine, it was basically Tywin who drove Aerys mad in the first place anyway. What is happening is divine justice.

He said he hates fanfic.

If having your dynasty's king backstabbed and then all but some long-lost children exterminated one by one establishes it as a mary sue house, then idk anymore

should've written the fucking books then

LAAAAANCEEEEEEEEEL

To give boners to the male audience.

>Aerys being a shitty retarded King and leaving Tywin to rule the kingdom (and bring prosperity) is what drove Aerys to madness

LMAO

Targ apologists really are the worst.

>defies all cultural customs of Westeros
>their retarded prince's actions lead to their entire dynasty dying
>their autism led to the extinction of their own dragons
>there are still Targaryen supporters, somehow

Out of centuries of Targaryen rule, there were only TWO good kings. Jahaerys and Aegon the Unlikely. Both wanted to remove the terrible practices of their dynasty such as incest and not entirely following the Seven.

why did she keep drinking the water?

>serious time
>posts mobile screencap

Lancel is cute

What will his role be in season 8?

what was that about not judging the child by the father?
The union of jon and daenerys and the products thereof would be lightyears culturally removed from the customs of the historic Targaryens in all respects but some tenuous incest.
We all know the past. What we're interested in is the future.

Act as an extra and get passingly mentioned in the 'epilogue' that he got Storm's End.

muh dick

>anti-cersei
>muh targaryen

fuck Arya and kick-start House Baratheon again?

Fanservice moments like meeting Arya and calling her M'lady

He'll do his duty

To get legitimized and save house baratheon from extinction

It's a sappy, nonsensical, fanfiction tier romance. GRRM himself confirmed it isn't happening when he asked whether people would want them to fuck. GRRM is known for subverting what the fans want. In a recent fan meeting with Linda he also confirmed that the show and the books are going in separate directions.

So, sure, enjoy your on-screen fanfiction.

to be fair, jaime does the stuff on the right in the show as well, just to a lesser extent

"I remember when I was doing Season 1 and we were on location in Malta, and George R. R. Martin came to visit. He was sitting in a chair, and he was being really quite open about things that were to come [...] he alluded to the fact that Jon and Dany were the point, kind of. That, at the time, there was a huge, vast array of characters, and Jon was a lowly, you know, bastard son. So it wasn’t clear to us at the time, but he did sort of say things that made it clear that the meeting and the convergence of Jon and Dany were sort of the point of the series."

They'll fuck in the books too, guaranteed - why introduce Targaryen incest if not for this to happen?

would you lose a war for her?

At this stage any new books will be show fanfiction.

He will be legitimised by Aejon and become a member of the new Kingsguard.
Or die, I don't know.

He's pretty popular and is probably pretty cheap, perhaps he'll be in a spin-off.

if I were to stay alive... then probably yes

i would

No, but if she was my sister I'd fuck her. Mmm.

Because the incest is portrayed as a terrible thing, especially between the Lannister twins. In GRRM's backstory, he establishes that the main good Targaryen rulers are the ones that avoided going for incest or weren't born of incest themselves, like Jahaerys and Aegon V.

>being a showfag

Cringe.

awful waifu tbqh
also have a pic not for ants

Cast her

>He will be legitimised by Aejon and become a member of the new Kingsguard.
>legitimised to Baratheon and accepted into Kingsguard that makes you forbid all your claims
AGH NIGGA WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

you browse Sup Forums, read lengthy posts, and leave well-written lengthy replies. Would that not make you a fan also?
Therefore, what makes you so sure that GRRM doesn't decide to "subvert" what you want?
The difference between us is that I watch the show and judge it based on what happens, and not on what could have happened. When jonerys was confirmed, I thought of it as coming out of nowhere, a huge plot twist with an uncertain outcome. But thinking more and more about it, it starts to make more and more sense as an endgame, as user has mentioned before.
So let's just wait and see what happens?

Isn't Joffrey supposed to be like thirteen here?

Some Ugly Frey girl

>implying Aejon will enforce that dumb rule

Yeah, he looks too old here. Same with Sansa.

New theory: Maester Aemon (in the show at least) is not Aemon Targaryen, but a random old guy that has gone insane, but is still a decent maester.

she looks like beyonce

Aejon sounds like one of the spineless kings to sit on the Iron Throne, Gendry should overthrow him

Who cares, he's dead.

what's the point of this?

It was a poorly written romance by two charisma vacuums. Even Twilight makes more sense than Jonerys. It's not going to happen in the books, just like other retarded shit like Stannis losing to the Boltons when he has 80% of the North backing him, or Cersei managing to blow up the Sept of Baelor with 0 repercussions.

I don't think Gendry can rule anything.

That would explain how the fuck he is still alive.

yes your grace

There was literally nothing wrong with his actual death. He was old, had no armour and killed 10+ of them easily.
The real problem is all it did was write out an interesting character in favour of a eunuch love story.

but a year ago he claimed he can cut through 5 kingsguards like cake, then he dies to a nobody with a knife?

Aren't you a bit quick to judge the writing of an on-screen romance based on a grand total of less than a minute's screentime of said romance?
As i said, let's just see how it develops in s8, because as of this moment, the amount of information based upon which you can judge the quality of the romance is miniscule and any conclusions drawn from said information inconclusive.

Honestly I think the actors did the best they could possibly do with it. This is the first time since S1 that I actually liked Dany.

But the books are going to play it differently. I think they're going down the romance road aswell but it won't be as straight-forward like the show. They'll maybe be happy together for a short moment before their little dream ends and reality comes screaming for them. Or maybe that's just the fanboy in me talking and they'll become mortal enemies instead.

Dany could rule Meeren for several years, Gendry can't be worse than her on throne

5 pretty meh kingsguard, presuming he had armour + hubris
barristan isn't infallible and never proud

in the books jon still loves ygritte

If something starts bad, it is going to end bad. The romance is pure dogshit involving two people who have literally no chemistry together.

At least you realise it's not happening. Also Dany's always been and will always be an obnoxious character. This is why GRRM doesn't try to whitewash her and is looking like she might turn into a genuine villain.

Do you think Dany will be even wetter for Snow when she learns his pet is a direwolf the size of a horse? Dragons are cool but nothing is as cocky as walking around with a wolf that can swallow a man.

>We must go quickly. I've heard there's a good port in Asshai.
What the fuck was he thinking?

He loved her. He says she was "kissed by fire"?

What other female character in ASOIAF was "kissed by fire"?

the hound

Jorah played it smart. A long road with only him and a hot super aryan 14 year old. I would not hesitate to pull the same act.

He wanted her to lose a little weight.

we're never seeing ghost again

We probably will, even if it's just a cameo.

my favorite artwork

He's not going to appear in S8?

unnecessary fire zombie polar bears tho

its thirsty work having all that explosive diarrhea dehydrating too