Lucasfilm shits on Trevorrow

Thanks, anonymous film executive

>Trevorrow’s firing may have come more directly as a consequence of being “difficult.”

>“During the making of Jurassic World, he focused a great deal of his creative energies on asserting his opinion,” the executive explains. “But because he had been personally hired by Spielberg, nobody could say, ‘You’re fired.’ Once that film went through the roof and he chose to do Henry, [Trevorrow] was unbearable. He had an egotistical point of view— and he was always asserting that.”

vulture.com/2017/09/star-wars-episode-8-colin-trevorrow-firing-explanation.html

Get Carruth as a replacement

>Director wants to have his own vision for the film he's making

Oh how horrible

It is horrible if it's Colin Trevorrow's vision.

>asserting his opinion
isn't that what directors do?
how else he suppose to give directions?

it's a blockbuster. It's engineered by marketing and execs to be a successful film in terms of box office success.

Directors never have any say

>he focused a great deal of his creative energies on asserting his opinion,” the executive explains.

he was the director you stupid fuck. if trevorrow has any balls he'll hit lucasfilm back.

Trevorrow is such a by-the-numbers hack that if he was too creative for Lucasfilm they must want the final product to be a literal remake of Return of the Jedi.

Fuck off, it wi.l be shit regardless of who's name gets put on it.

Here comes the smear campaign from the mouse. Just like Lord & Miller.

If he does that he'll get the trank treatment.

>get a guy who wants all control and vision and no one to do anything to take on a franchise movie
Lol good luck

All I care about is if his vision for Episode 9 was original and unique and if it was like JJ Abrams' piece of shit Force Awakens then I am glad he's fired but since Disney runs the show, it could be likely that he actually tried something unique like the Han Solo directors did before getting the boot

i think the thing is
his opinions and directions were shit and they didn't like it, i can get that and i agree considering his latest work
but giving him shit for why he giving his opinions on direction is just dumb

Just say his directing was bullshit and get over with it

The Han Solo directors tried to turn Han Solo into Ace Ventura. Call it unique if you want but it's still fucking retarded

You're fucking retarded user.

>hire wacky comedy directors
>get mad when they make a wacky comedy
classic Kennedy

>sucking disney's cock so much

They hired two comedic actors who tried to make the movie more lighthearted. Soon they realized that the jew boy (((they))) cast as han solo can't act but probably sucks exec dick like a vacuum. So yeah they were unhappy and got fired

Blockbuster making algorithm when?

>actors
I ment directors

Force Awakens was successful. If his ideas for Episode 9 were like TFA then Disney probably would have kept him.

I haven't seen Book of Henry but I've heard from many sources that it is mind blowing in its shittiness. That was him coming off the success of Jurassic World and getting full creative control to direct anything he wanted. I don't know why he was fired from Ep 9 specifically, but it probably has something to do with Book of Henry being a disaster. They waited a few months after its release to fire him so it wouldnt look like that was the reason but i mean come on

Whatever.

Star Wars is completely messed up beyond recognition now. If they won't let it die naturally, then that's their problem. I'm done with it.

i think its already exist and they're using it for awhile

What, you cant wait to see Donald Snoke's flagship The Supremacy get shot down by a multicultural team of strong women?

OH NOOOOOOOOOO!

You see your orange blob everywhere, don't you?

Supposedly that was the actor doing an impression of Jim Carey all on his own. They had to hire an acting coach to make him stop.

isn't it the same actor snitch on the directors?

fucking "cgi romance montage of the clones" didn't mess up star wars beyond recognition but some boring by the numbers disney cash in shit did?

>Director gets fired for having a vision and sticking to it
>immediately the mouseshill smear campaign starts
Holy shit it's becoming routine.

so basically they say:

He thought he's always right, based on the success of his previous movie, but we don't like that - our employees are never right, we - the asshole executives are always right.

Which is failure of anything anywhere in any business.

They are taking the MCU model and applying it straight to Star Wars. No directors. Only corporate yes men. We're making AAA videogames now.

They see the MCU as a TV show. That's why they hire so many TV directors.

i dont know if i am right but
he always looks like a pretentious douchebag to me.
i'm glad hes not directing ep ix
but good luck to him nevertheless

What do you think about how jj looks?

Spielberg wannabe

>he focused a great deal of his creative energies on asserting his opinion

Is this not what a director does?

Just like when Lord & Miller got fired fromm Han Solo. There was immediatly rumours that their movie was Ace ventura in space. All these rumours are relayed by the same outlets that keep making Disney propaganda. I really doubt Lord & Miller turned Han Solo into 21 jump street, they aren't that stupid, and how come Lucasfilm didn't notice up until they almost finished filming?
My guess is Trevorow didn't want to make yet another copy of ROTJ but they told him to stick to that formula.
I wonder who is preading these rumours...

He is and sounds like a pretentious shit. He won the lottery cause spielberg liked his shitty film and people went "muh nostalgia" with JW despite being a garbage film.

Yes. But you see, at the house of Mouse, such things aren't allowed. You're meant to bend over to the corporate suits who demand complete obedience from you. If you're not willing to abide to their wishes of focus-testing the fuck out of your film to a class of 7 year olds and then adjust the film after that, then goodbye. The house of Mouse has no use for you.

no, good directors bend the knee to the true creatives in hollywood, soulless greedy producers.

They're just suppose to do as they're told now. Cunt Kennedy calls the shots.

>Is this not what a director does?

depends on the movie and studio. For something as big as Star Wars? they almost have no autonomy.

Because they have to please the producers, die-hard star wars fans, and introduce star wars to new fans. There are a lot of strings attached.

maybe, just maybe, his ideas weren't good

It's not just Star Wars either. The damage control happens for every Marvel movie undergoing reshoots and director change aswell. They quickly turn it around and spin it as somehow a positive.

Either clickbait sites are incredibly easy to manipulate with fake news or they're incredibly easy to pay off.

Yeah because I'm sure the ideas of Kathleen Kennedy and other greedy suits are so much better.

>what the fuck is going on here! hahaa

"i think this movie would play better with an empowered woman as the main character, just make sure not to give her a personality, it might offend audience members without personalities.

Lucasfilm is full of anti-semites

Has there ever been a good trilogy of movies where every movie had a different director? This whole thing kind of seemed like a bad idea from the start.

"You can get very wooed by Hollywood. I love Hollywood, don’t get me wrong. I love it, I love it, I love it. But it’s important to really understand that Hollywood is like a really, really expensive prostitute. She’s going to promise you everything — you can fuck her in any possible way because she’s there for you. She wants your vision. And it’s very seductive: “Come in here, play with me, do whatever you want.” And then when you start fucking her, it can potentially be like, “Hang on, I know I said it but I didn’t mean it. No you can’t do that, you can’t do that, you can’t do that.” And in the end, you’re like, “Well, where do I come?” And depending on your ability to perform, they’re going to determine how you’re going to come, and then that’s just a really terrifying journey. So I thought, well, I’ll just stay with my wife, knowing that we’ll have very, very satisfying sex, and then I can go do the films I want to make."

They wanted emulate the OT in every way, even things that were accidental or wrong. Kathleen Kennedy is a soulless kunt that is persuaded Star Wars is a winning formula that can be repeated over and over, a series of steps and ingredients that produces a SW movie.

>persuaded Star Wars is a winning formula that can be repeated over and over,
And she's right? You act as if a movie with "Star Wars" on the title won't make money.

he'll probably get it anyway at this point
unlike Trank, Trevorrow didn't make his film though and has more than one successful film in his past
Trank literally only had a found footage indie flick and F4

So hopefully Trevorrow does a tell-all

For some reason I thought George Lucas also directed RotJ.

Haha please, please be a real quote
Refn is such a goddamn hero

B A S E D

>it's a Sup Forums gets asspain over any decision Lucasfilm makes even the ones that make sense thread

>They fired Colin?

David Lynch needs to direct episode IX. Imagine the Lynching.

She actually thinks she can make SW movies on par with the originals. The money Disney is currently making is entirely sitting on brand recognition. But even the most retarded fanboys will realize sooner or later that the brand isn't the same anymore.

speaking as someone whose met him and knowing a few people who have worked with him I can honestly say he's def a little bit more than an aggrogant douche.

Now that doesn't detract from the fact that Disney is by the numbers and will never give a director full creative control.

Funny seeing my less successful colleagues sucking his dick for years online. And even coming out of the wood work to shill for him.

He fucked his crew on Safety not Guaranteed, stepping on whoever to get to where he is.

Let's believe for a moment that Trevorrow was a fucking diva on set, Lord & Miller went full retarded and Rogue One first cut was, somehow, worse.

Don't you think is time to fire the person who been hiring all these hacks?

If a guy like Trevorow is considered difficult, how can you imagine an independent director taking over? Disney sent a clear message, pet directors wanted, independents stay out.

Lynch requires final cut for him to even consider a project. Dream on this will never happen, although i'd love to see the lynching for sure.

Damn is Disney that scared to get LYNCHED?

Oh boy more "anonymous sources" coming out saying the fired director was a total douche and a hack. Kathleen Kennedy is a total saint guys she never does anything wrong. Keep loving corporations you degenerates. Aight peace out

Who cares? Star Wars is only acceptable to enjoy in childhood and possibly adolescence. The original wasn't anything special, either.

Would that it were so simple

Most confusing part about all this thing to me is
Rian Johnson.

He is saying that he was at control of making his movie and have a great time with Lucas Film.

Lucas Film seems to have a great time with him too.

So, is Colin just an incompetent hack? or Rian is a puppet?

To me Rian seems knows what he is doing

Is a good decision, yeap. The problem is

>such a talend director we are so happy and lucky for have him on board
>evertyhing is fine we see what he planned for movie and is amazing
>leaks, shit films like Book of Henry, online outrage and such begin
>they keep saying everything is allright but everyone knows it's not
>suddenly
>we departed ways for creative reasons but we still love each other
>next day
>well actually he was a fucking asshole and everything is his own fault
>oh and his career is pretty much over
>but hey now we have this new hack and oh my god we are so lucky to have him on board now everything will be just fine

everyfuckingtime.jpg

This is a billion dollar business, of course he says what he's being paid to say

This is Sup Forums so all you're going to hear is "MOUSE" and "SHILL", but Rian is doing just fine.

Both Rian and Gareth have been pretty vocal about how they've had a lot of creative control and worked really well with Lucasfilm.

Treverrow was probably on thin ice following his previous flop, and the fucked up like L&M did.

>biased editorial disingenuously disguised as a news article
>them comments

what a shitload of fuck

What

Porgs are the ultimate culmination of his vision

Johnson looks full of shit to me. He said he had as much creative control as any other movie he made. That doesn't say much. Besides he said he was writing TLJ and then moved to LA so that Kiri Hart can check his work and tell him what he can or cannot do. Doesn't look like an independent writer to me. The fact that he had no difficulty working with KK indicates he's a pet just like JJ abrams. And KK said he writes stronky independent womyn very well... YUCK

JJ Abrams wasn't a pet, he brought in his own shitty company to work outside of Lucasfilm.

Rian moved to work closer to Lucasfilm because they have a storygroup that collectively works with all the directors and writers they hire. Its literally their jobs. They don't police content, all the writers have said this. They just work with creators to help develop things.

While it doesn't suit Star Wars, Ace Ventura in space sounds comfy as fuck

james cameron shilled for terminator genisys.

>Kiri Hart can check his work and tell him what he can or cannot do.

I think they say as what's fits in canon or not.
they dont have power to dictate story points

Because Rian directed Looper and some cool Breaking Bad episodes, while Colin directed Book of Henry. Of course Lucasfilm was gonna treat the guy who made good shit better than the guy who made bad shit.

FROM THE VISIONARY DIRECTOR OF BRICK AND LOOPER

>Kiri Hart can check his work and tell him what he can or cannot do
You mean editors? Because most movies have editors. Even the first Star Wars movie had editors.

>hire a director you know is shit
>treat him like shit because he's shit
>fire him for being shit
>complain about how shit he was
This sounds like good business

Look at those dead eyes

>this is what Disney wants you to believe

>generic shit will be squeezed out of their anus while this fag laps it up eagerly

DEATH. PLANET.

>Because most movies have editors
source needed

how much?

OP said he was only hired because Spielberg backed him, not because they wanted to. It was only when Book of Henry bombed that they had an excuse to fire him and air out their dirty laundry.

DUDE JUST TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF LMAO

he didn't do that to be independent, he wanted his own company to make millions of $$$$ despite being a shitty studio with hacks like him. The two bitches that edited the film are his friend, nobody else would hire these cunts.

King Refn.

>He fucked his crew on Safety not Guaranteed
Fucked as in Joss Whedon fucked or Stanley Kubrick fucked?

>nobody else would hire these cunts
I mean, working as an editor on a movie that made billions of dollars isn't exactly the worst job you can get, user.

keep thiking that. They don't need 10 people to remind the director about canon. It's actually a comittee that is directly involved the "creative" process. And btw, they don't give a rat ass about canon, have you seen TFA? It's a clusterfuck that doesn't respect the basic principles of the Force and dismissed politics entirely.

No, I mean a comitte that takes part in the script. Editors aren't independent, they edit how the director wants it.

>comitte
You need an editor.

The fuck they do. The first movie's editors, Gary Kurtz and some Asian guy he brought along, edited the first Star Wars behind Lucas' back because they realized his cut would have been garbage. And when Lucas fired them after Empire, that resulted in ROTJ being dumb. If your editor is just a pussy who kisses the director's ass, then they're a shitty editor.