Thousands of Iraqi soldiers in trenches called the "Saddam Line" during the Gulf War

>thousands of Iraqi soldiers in trenches called the "Saddam Line" during the Gulf War
>US Army bulldozes over the trench and buries them alive

Damn burgers, that shit is pretty hardcore.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Samichon_River
bbc.com/news/magazine-34353349
articles.latimes.com/1990-08-14/news/wr-831_1_saddam-hussein
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_Saddam_Hussein's_Iraq
nytimes.com/1991/09/15/world/us-army-buried-iraqi-soldiers-alive-in-gulf-war.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Source

We are the nation that bred killdozer and then decided we should militarize it.
When we're bored and expect to fight a semi-competent opponent we get pretty innovative.
Otherwise we just kind of flounder about because no one authorizes saturation carpet bombing any more.

we aint fucking around leaf

Bulldozer Assault

Lot of different numbers of deaths, Iraq apparently claims about 44.

Hey man, we're innovative too. My grandfather was at Ortona where we perfected the art of mouse-holing.

Another incident during the war highlighted the question of large-scale Iraqi combat deaths. This was the "bulldozer assault", wherein two brigades from the U.S. 1st Infantry Division (Mechanized) were faced with a large and complex trench network, as part of the heavily fortified "Saddam Hussein Line". After some deliberation, they opted to use anti-mine plows mounted on tanks and combat earthmovers to simply plow over and bury alive the defending Iraqi soldiers. Not a single American was killed during the attack. Reporters were banned from witnessing the attack, near the neutral zone that touches the border between Saudi Arabia and Iraq. Every American in the assault was inside an armored vehicle. One newspaper story reported that U.S. commanders estimated thousands of Iraqi soldiers surrendered, escaping live burial during the two-day assault 24–26 February 1991. Patrick Day Sloyan of Newsday reported, "Bradley Fighting Vehicles and Vulcan armored carriers straddled the trench lines and fired into the Iraqi soldiers as the tanks covered them with mounds of sand. 'I came through right after the lead company,' [Col. Anthony] Moreno said. 'What you saw was a bunch of buried trenches with peoples' arms and things sticking out of them... '" However, after the war, the Iraqi government said that only 44 bodies were found. In his book The Wars Against Saddam, John Simpson alleges that U.S. forces attempted to cover up the incident. After the incident, the commander of the 1st Brigade said: "I know burying people like that sounds pretty nasty, but it would be even nastier if we had to put our troops in the trenches and clean them out with bayonets." Secretary of Defense Dick Cheney did not mention the First Division's tactics in an interim report to Congress on Operation Desert Storm. In the report, Cheney acknowledged that 457 enemy soldiers were buried during the ground war.

DOG BLESS

>Killdozer 2: Electric Boogaloo

We need to redo WWI

wat

Sadam did nothing wrong.

At least he wasn't a "moderate muslim jihadist" like the pos-war iraqis

Satan confirms. Killdozer is based.

Goddamn am I proud to be an American and proud owner of caterpillar stock.

/thread

I don't listen to shitty monkey opinions bud.

The big one is coming lad, third times the charm.

Thats metal as fuck hahahaha

We don't fuck around in war. That said is right. All he wanted was a country not controlled by Jews and Iranians.

You been cursed by the anti-kek. The US shall now bulldoze all it's enemies.

Peace through overwhelming firepower or in this case overwhelming mounds of dirt.

Leftists don't seem to understand that you kill the enemy in a war.

That's the way to fight enemy combatants. Leftists would rather our soldiers die pointlessly.

Yeah but you fire a few gas bombs their direction and everyone loses their minds

We gave them the option to surrender. Some did, some didn't. Those that did were allowed to come out. The rest... Well... let's say they didn't need a burial.

Being a competent leader has nothing to do with the guy not doing anything wrong. He did shit load wrong, which is why he got his shit fucked.

It's kind of hilarious and pathetic at the same time. I remember arguing with a leftie over the last Israeli 'war' in Gaza, and she started whining about how the difference in casualties (like 85 Jews and 2500 muds) was 'unfair.' I was just thinking, "what in the actual fuck is wrong with you people?"

Imagine if we had to assault the trench lines with troops we could have lost good men, but the left cares to much about the lives of brown people to see that they are the enemy.

So what was the whole point of the war?

i wonder what they would think of kiwis gunning down 2000 chinese without a single loss. Oh wait that was before we became total cucks.

Liberate Kuwait, give Saddam a slap on the wrist and to keep the oil flowing.

He gassed terrorists and had Jews hanged. He protected his country from degenerates and kikes. All he did wrong was go to war with America.

When did this happen?

It was really savage. A lot of the guys involved felt horrible afterwards because it was such a hideous way to die.

>peoples' arms sticking out of the sand and rubble
>even if you dug them out they'd have suffocated long before you finished

Imagine seeing a man's arm emerging from the sand at the elbow, desperately clawing at the air. Imagine grasping that hand, and holding it as you feel the life drain from that man whose face you will never see, the last moment of human contact before his life is snuffed out in a black tomb that knows no sound.

Don't fuck with the petrodollar.

fighting for pappi george senior

He gassed innocent people, including his own countrymen.

I know you hate Jews but there is no justifying what Saddam did. He was literally a dictator. He wrote romantic novels.

American opinions on battle discarded. Come back when it's not some third world shithole that you're nuking from orbit. And this one after a ten year siege. American macho, you guys are priceless.

>the war

I wouldn't call that a war.

Being a the leader of an Islamic state of future Greater Israel really is already doing something wrong.

>innocent people
>towns that housed terrorists
K.. The only reason America cared was that his country wasn't owned by Kike banks.

Gulf was a pretty metal war. I mean there's a place called the Highway of Death.

The average american soldier is a fat coward who can barely run a mile, let alone actually fight a competent enemy. This does not surprise me. Can't wait until these faggots are out of jobs once Trump dissolves the empire.

If you go to war with America you just bought yourself a cheap and effective death. Nothing else matters but for the machine to keep moving and to keep killing. It's fucking glorious.

lol Roosevelt (both) and Truman disagree.

Islamic state in future Greater Israel*

Korea.

So what was the point of those trenches when they couldn't even defend themselves against tanks and the likes?

He hated Israel and didn't lead any Islamic state. In fact he had Israeli spies executed.

Why are they fucking over Syria? Who are they gonna fuck over next?

Leftists back then at least had the balls to do what is needed to be done. now a days they just just do drone strikes, thou these are pretty fucked up, they are to scared to actually act and send large numbers of troops in.

>didn't lead any Islamic state

He led a county of insane Muslims and kept them from fighting each other by gassing thousands of people. You're fucked to have any kind of admiration for this monster.

You know it's true fat boy. The "Iraq War", how you can put those two words together while keeping a straight face.

Have you not been on Sup Forums long enough to realize sandniggers need dictators to keep them in line?

I bet it felt really good for people who arent massive cucks like you

This seems like the sort of thing you can only do when you already have overwhelming force. Can't imagine this tactic working well against an enemy that can actually destroy armored vehicles.

>towns that house terrorists
>gas them all

Wew lad. You should think about going back to Stormfront, this place is 18+

And yet, even under the terror of Saddam and his sons, Iraq was a safer and more progressive place than it is now. Really makes you think. Libya, Syria and Iran were also pretty secular and progressive societies before we made attempts to "liberate" them. We're like Batman. We created this Islamic terrorist boogeyman, and now Russia is trying to clean up our mess.

Noice. I figured, I remember the human wave attack was popular with the gooks in the 50s.

Specific battle?

>country of insane muslims
>kept them from fighting each other by gassing them
Yes. Exactly. Pick one. You can only have one and Saddam realized that.

Different guy. You have to realize he did what he thought was the only way to keep his country under control, and as we have seen how all Arabs act it seems to be that force is the only way. But what he did was wrong and justice had to be brought on the monster he was. So yes the war was needed, but from how Saddam precieved he was doing what was needed.

Actually an old WW1 Tactic from the first British tanks

Based sandpeople making their own graves to save the burgers time.

An armored vehicle cant fire into every corner of a trench, foot soldiers wouldve been required to clear them. Most iraqi soldiers surrendered at first sight of US soldiers but im going to assume these were Saddams republican guard or hardcore baathists. I

This

iraq was very bad@tonks

>knowingly house terrorists
>innocent
Choose one.

Jim Webb is the last leftist with balls. They dont exist anymore, even if we want them to.

We created this long ago by even getting involved in this pile of shit region and breaking them up into "controllable" pieces. These fucking people don't adhere to nationalities, they're fucking followers of a warlord prophet.

If you don't fuck with them they just fuck with each other and sit in the sand.

Don't make the borders so shitty next time.

Two fucking dudes drew these borders. Two.

You're next CinC, whenever war is necessary, will go total war.

Will take one until your enemies bend knee. You have the most powerful military in human history and hasn't been let loose since WWII.

They didn't expect the americans to just bulldoze throught them, if they did they would've mined the fuck out of the foward areas.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Samichon_River

>"You're getting shot at, killed. Sometimes they cannot find your body. It's in pieces. And then you see that it's an unequal war - all you have is yourselves and the other side have everything - bunkers, artillery, air force," says Mehdi, who once volunteered to clear a path through a minefield by running across it.

bbc.com/news/magazine-34353349

>"You wait until nighttime, and you will see how we are killing these Iranian dogs," an Iraqi officer said with a broad grin. "We are frying them like eggplants."

>He then took us on a tour of dozens of thick electrical cables his troops had lain through the marshy battlefield, a spaghetti network that snaked in and out of the patchwork of lagoons.

articles.latimes.com/1990-08-14/news/wr-831_1_saddam-hussein

hello merchant

> things that never happened

What? That doesn't even make sense.

Everyone likes dead hajjis, deal with it faggot.

They did, tanks all had plows on the front to pick up landmines.

He didn't gas anyone. Except maybe a few by the Einsatzgruppen.

He put people who were mostly able to be used by his State in camps, starved them to death, and turned his country into historic pussies.

He was a giant failure. All he needed to do was purge a few elites. The average jew died in camps for no reason.

Remember "Jewish physics", retards ignored quantum physics because it wasn't "Aryan" enough.

War is cruelty, and the crueler it is the sooner it's over.

The only thing more objectionable than fighting an unlimited war is losing one.

Korea is great for those fucking lopsided numbers.

hell any battle against the chinese for the last 200 years is insanely lopsided.

Thats not the only way, you niggers are retarded for thinking that. The US government, both Bush and Obama fucked up. Bush basically decommisioned the entire iraqi military putting god knows how many military age men out of work, and Obama ignored election results and kept Maliki in charge, who created even more sectarian violence. Both created the unstable bullshit you see today. IS is effective because theyre backed by old Baathists and AQ. They can recruit because we created a fucking muslims civil war. You know the type of war where neighbors will go at each others throats because of ideology. Had we kept a strict democratic platform, neutered their military, and kept in charge we wouldve been fine.

Never saw any Vulcan shooting down the trench line. Haji had PRG-7, PRG-9 which could damage or destroy tank if hit in side, frontal armor not so much. Hundreds just thru down their guns and took off running while taking off as much of their uniform as possible and hundreds just surrendered. It was a long three days.

I'll bet a lot of those "...peoples' arms and things sticking out of [the trenches]... " were guys killed trying to run away or fight back who were killed and then just pushed with the dozers.
Either way thats pretty fucking cool.

Then I guess the best strategy just won the day in the end.

Good thing the nukes didn't get cracked out. China is on its way to being useful for the success of civilization. Not yet though.

They didnt expect an armoured attack?
Isnt that the first thing youd expect?

>Iraq safe and progressive under Saddam
How about you take a look at this article before making up ridiculous bullshit.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_Saddam_Hussein's_Iraq

Granted, it's not Tokyo right now, but it is a lot better than under Saddam.

>Libya
I'll give you that one

>Syria
I'll give you that one too

>Iran
They didn't need liberation, they were doing MUCH better before the Islamic revolution. We didn't exactly implant it in their minds that they should revolt, either; it was the process of gharbzadegi that their academics were sickened with

I'm surprised they all didn't just lay down arms.

They actually were nationalists. Not muzzie nuts.

>fucked up
Youre assuming it wasnt actually calculated

You give the US establishment too much credit. The honest truth is that theyre incompetent.

Empathy is what sets the white man apart from his enemies. Their deaths were necessary, but that does not make them less tragic.

Most of them did lay down their arms and surrender.

Those retards had no idea what they wanted aside from helping out a couple defense contractors. They didn't even get the oil contracts.

They listened to their advisors that said purge the military. That was public. I honestly think it was bad advice and not design.

Had they done what they did after WWII and repatriate the Ba'athist military elite, it would have been fine.

I think the worst aspect of potentially using nukes in Korea would have been the fact that it would have made nukes seem like a more legitimate weapon to use in war time.

By not using them in Korea it added to their taboo and aura as only being a weapon that ended the bloodiest war in history. Especially with the massive nukes that were eventually developed.

True, I remember them surrending to drones....

I don't remember this trench thing. Sounds odd. Why would they just toss out their guns and surrender?

>But what he did was wrong and justice had to be brought

Are you 12?

Fuck you guys are stupid. So stupid. I'm a bit of a pessimist so I doubt that you'll be growing out of it. Justice had to be brought. I don't even think you're trolling.

nytimes.com/1991/09/15/world/us-army-buried-iraqi-soldiers-alive-in-gulf-war.html

Exactly. It would have normalized the use of nukes as a battlefield weapon.

Macarthur wanted to. He was wrong. The detente was an ok end. At least we saved SK.

If 20kt weapons were normal in '53 5MT weapons woukd have been normal in '63.

Armageddon .

Where is our god when we need him?

Please elaborate. What the fuck does anything I said have to do with judgement? Im talking about the rammifications of poor political and military planning. I dont give a rats ass about your feelings, or Saddams.

i remember when we used to go house to house lighting them on fire.

It was alot more effective then going door to door dealing with suicidal holdouts.

Too bad those porr fuckets didnt even so much as a beach pail for putting out the flames.

We we're there only fire dept and they was just smoking joking.

Any ways war is hell

and ISIS kills their enemies with acid barrels and gasoline

even more hardcore!

>not recognizing propaganda

also the "sadam line" was messed up by airstrikes, and the soldiers shot down as they retreated from their defensive positions into the open

the areas the held out were for this reason almost immediately engulfed

the bulldozers were actually to clear minefields, and fill in pits of burning oil
neither of with really made much of a difference because sadams forces couldn't defend breaches in their line because of US tank power

10/10 Battle plan

We don't fuck around.