Should Italy balkanize, Sup Forums?

Should Italy balkanize, Sup Forums?

Yes, and we should return all the gypsies to their homeland.

The ravioli is right you know ?

Do most Italians talk in their dialect in informal situations and stick with their own even outside their region?

Yes, German and Italian unifications were clearly a mistake

The 1860s were a mistake

Pretty sure German language wasn't as divided. With Italian you even have separate languages, not only dialects.

>Throughout Italy, regional variations of Standard Italian, called Regional Italian, are spoken. In Italy, almost all Romance languages spoken as the vernacular—other than standard Italian and distantly-related, non-Romance languages spoken in border regions or among immigrant communities—are often imprecisely called "Italian dialects",[43] even though they are quite different, with some belonging to different branches of the Romance language family. The only exceptions to this are Sardinian, Ladin and Friulian, which the law officialy recognizes as distinct regional languages. On the other hand, Corsican is closely related to Italian.

No
Only some old cunts do

Yes, France and Spain too

When did literary Italian gain ground? Mussolini era?
Spain I agree, at least for the Basques, but why France? Most regional languages haven't survived.

What do mean with literary Italian?

It just happened throught instruction and medias, nowadays there's basically three languages for each city.
Standard italian, bastardized italian mixed with the local dialect, the true dialect wich often is basically another language.
The latter is almost gone in most places, and relegated to rural cities and old folks.

I mean except school, when did most people stop using their regional dialect in favor of proper italian?
That's good in a way, although the north-south divide is still strong. Did many people in the late 19th/early 20th century identify more with their regional identity rather than as Italian?

>north-south divide is still strong
Not nearly as the shitposters on Sup Forums would like you to believe.
Yes a few decades ago north italy would look at southern italians the same way you'd look at niggers.
But nowadays if you're a decent person, work hard and don't go around acting like a stereotype, you won't get shit from anyone.

That map isn't in english but Forza Palermo! I have an Azzuri Italia shirt on tonight. A girl comment on it, but she was fat. And called me out for smoking. Fuck off, cunt.

In B4, I'm a nigger.

I wish the US Federal Gov't saw it that way, I wouldn't be such a fuck up.

I flirted with a black girl tonight, because she had on pretty pants :-/

In the end I'm going to listen to the latest Stefan Molyneux podcast, and cum into my shorts.

What's the language in grey?

>ravioli

RAVIOLI RAVIOLI BRING ME THE FORMULONI

Obviously yes.
My province alone would be one of the richest states in Europe.

>I flirted with a black girl tonight, because she had on pretty pants :-/

Her pants were Aqua-marine.

Italian government put a lot of effort to make Italians abandon their dialects since the unification on the country
I am quite sure that by Mussolini era most people, at least in cities, spoke Italian as their main language

Di dove sei user?

Personal preference: the smaller your country, the closer you are to your governement, and I hate parisians.

Dialects are kinda dead but there are independentists in Britain, Alesace, Corsica, around Nice and in the Basque country.

Why did Italians unite if they hate each other so much?

Because we don't hate each other

Do people still speak Occitan?

Modern nation states were formed by elites, not masses.
>According to Massimo d'Azeglio, centuries of foreign domination created remarkable differences in Italian society, and the role of the newly formed government was to face these differences and to create a unified Italian society. famously saying, "L'Italia è fatta. Restano da fare gli italiani" (Italy has been made. Now it remains to make Italians).

Why are modern Italians so shit compared to Romans?

Ceasar and Octavian are spinning in their graves right now.

Good thing there is Romania so Trajan can be proud of something.

>implying
We are as Roman as the Mexicans.

Not really, my grand father spoke it a bit and it was an option when I was in middle school but I don't know if they still propose it since nobody took it. They had like three students out of 100

Berghèm.

>Bozgor detected

Go back to your steppes traitor.

Nope, just a honest patriot instead of a wewuz retard.

Go hang yourself traitor.

In all honesty, like half of Italy, I hate Napolitans

>Why are modern Italians so shit compared to Romans?
We're not? Obviously we can't compare our military to Ancient Rome's, but we're still in the show. We have the 8th largest GDP worldwide, we're one of the big 4 of Europe and we are second only to France and Germany in our net contribution to the EU.
Like it or not we are relevant. Just because our ancestors used to rule the known world doesn't mean we faded into nothingness.
Look at Sweden for example, 300 years ago they were the shit, they could take on Poland, Germany and Russia at the same time now they're irrelevant.
We're still here, one way or another.

Io odio il loro comportamento da pulcinella
Se lo cambiassero sarebbero ok

>half
make it all
even the rest of Campania hates them
they are everything that's wrong with Italy: corruption, organized crime, infrastructures falling apart, complete inability to get their shit together

Not really their fault, senpai.
>he economist and politician Francesco Saverio Nitti criticized the newly created state for not taking in to consideration the substantial economic differences between Northern Italy, a free market economy, and Southern Italy, a state protectionism economy, when integrating the two. When the Kingdom of Italy extended the free market economy to the rest of the country, the South's economy collapsed under the weight of the North's. Nitti contended that this change should have been much more gradual in order to allow the birth of an adequate entrepreneurial class able to make strong investments and initiatives in the south. These mistakes, he felt, were the cause of the economic and social problems which came to be known as the Southern Question (Questione Meridionale).

Can confirm

My childhood friend left there with his parents back in 2005.

He was a innocent stupid 12 year old, naive and easy to scare.

I met him again last year, he was buffed up, full of tatoos, and looking like a mafia goon, not a high ranking one, just a street thug.

This was true until quite some decades ago, you can be poor but try to improve your position, or be like southern Italy and eat up all the fundings coming to you from the government

Napolitans: the people of the city of Napoli.
Not the south. I'm OK with terroni.

Napolitans openly take pride to be part of mafia, they are not better than your dirty gypsies

Did you know that if you want to study the albanian language you have to go through the Arbëreshët(Albanians living in Italy) ?

Its a vicious cycle that perpetuates itself, m8. See East Germany.

I think more than half

>Why did Italians unite if they hate each other so much?

Non italians are hated more.

I hate italians who disagree with me but I hate other countries even more
t. Camillo Benso

>Dismantling a country that took 1500 years to build and cost millions of lives in wars where we were alone against the rest of Europe

Fucking traitor, hang yoursel please.

It's pointless nowadays. An argument could arguably be made for that a few centuries ago when in many regions the common man still spoke a different language and had an unique identity, but nowadays everyone is as French as they can get, so it would be not only traitorous to Frenchdom, but stupid. Divide et impera.