Tpg/ - Twin Peaks General

Watch it in sync you doofus Edition
Meanwhile → (Cross-thread)

Here's a synced version of the final episodes you can watch on youtube, you want to after seeing them separately: youtu.be/dk5aBRrHZFY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dk5aBRrHZFY
strawpoll.me/13889774
medium.com/@onantiad/episodes-17-18-of-twin-peaks-the-return-are-meant-to-be-watched-in-sync-81352ce38e8
twitter.com/mfrost11/status/906139114940051456
dis.Sup
archive.moe/v/thread/280349352/#280356415
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The final two episodes, supposed to be watched at once, is the new step in avant-garde.

Lynch may have gone soft in his old age, but not where it counts.

>youtube.com/watch?v=dk5aBRrHZFY

what are some scenes i should care?

>that scream

why is it so terrifying?

strawpoll.me/13889774
strawpoll.me/13889774
strawpoll.me/13889774
strawpoll.me/13889774
strawpoll.me/13889774

Lets try and make this one a long running one. Keep it alive for a while at least. Might be too easy, or might be too hard?

Which character from Lynch's filmography better describes yourself?
For me, it's Bobby Peru

the Eraserhead baby

Me- Intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor.

Is there season 4 or was that a waste of time to watch?

Where does sweepkino rank amongst the finest scenes of the season?

This must be the stupidest meme to ever come out of reddit

stop posting that pic you cunt

I can't wait for the behind the scenes feature on the dvd, I hope there's a lot to it cause I bet this was one very interesting production.

Just off the top of my head:
The opposing Rancho Rosa signs
The jail cell scenes with "Billy" and "Naido" with Coop and Diane meeting outside the lodge.
Bad coop and Coop/Diane crossing over.
Billy when Coop/Diane are fucking.
ANDY I UNDERSTAND CELLUAR PHONES NOW!
Bob's orb with the weird hold on the white globe
outside Coop/Richards hotel.
EAT AT JUDYS

And then pretty much everything from Naido turning back to Diane on. The ending is the most chilling part. Mike giving his forward speak fire walk with me speech while Cooper looks at a pale horse, then Carrie comes out asks if she needs a coat where they are going. Carrie tries talking about her past sleepily while Laura's real past is shown. The Laura theme starts when Cooper takes Carries hand and approaches the house, with the "back in the woods section" starting when the name Chalfont gets dropped. Then the Sarah/Judy thing is timed exactly with the what year is it ending complete with screams and alternating fades to black.The frost/lynch and showtime bumpers were silent at the end of 18 because it ends exactly where Jullee Cruise's song begins in 17.

Can the people that voted season 1 explain their reasoning?

It's a really great and impressive finale, but it isn't really artistic or challenging in any way, it's boisterous and action packed.

Observation: when Laura's dead body disappears from the lakeside in e17, there's a particular visual effects a bit like a photo burning to ash and the black flakes drifting away. The only other place this effect is used is right at the very start when Fireman plays Cooper the gramophone and tells him about Richard and Linda.

The effect may signify what happens when a timeline is tampered with and cancels something out (like the photos fading in Back to the Future). If that's the case, it means Cooper immediately disappears after being giving a mission by the Fireman because Cooper will proceed to succeed in the mission, changing the past, meaning the Fireman never has to give him the mission and Cooper disappears from that timeline.

Fuck me, talking about time travel is hard.

Is it future or is it past?

What's the point in watching them synced?

Can someone explain it to me please.

medium.com/@onantiad/episodes-17-18-of-twin-peaks-the-return-are-meant-to-be-watched-in-sync-81352ce38e8

Some good points that do not seem far-fetched.

>S2 finale being displaced by S3

Of course, Voter Colonel.

Just retards that didn't get the finale overcompensating by analyzing art in the worst way possible
Better left ignored

lol, I hate the Internet.

This shit is so dumb.

How about you just watch it and then you won't have to ask. It's the length of one episode for a series you've watched near 50 of.

The episodes being made to sync and the rambling of someone watching said episodes are two separate things. Make your own call from seeing it.

True finale is syncing up Part 8 and The Simpsons S11E05

The answer is 2010. The year is 2010. That's when the Odessa population sign was accurate. Please stop asking about this again.

this

I plan on watching it, was just asking...

Steven Burnett is literally me

When will someone provide the name of the titcow Audrey cosplayer?

This struck me as funny

Honestly, as much as I love the TR finale, I can't say that it was better than the season 2 one, maybe that will change in time, I don't know.

I will concede to the fact that the TR is much more emotionally evocative and fucked me up way more than the season 2 finale ever did. But just artistically what he was able to do, basically improvise on the spot with the season 2 one is hard to beat.

nobody knows buddy

like the TP finale, it will remain a mystery through the ages

DOUGIED

Not hating on either episode, but im genuinely curious why you think this. What does it do to push / challenge the medium in your opinion?

>cities update the signs every year

guess the twin peaks plot happens in 90s since the sign still says 51201 and coop goes back in time because the mitchum brothers are magicians

>What did you say about Audrey, user?

People butt hurt about Coop's time tampering making season 3 "not matter" need to fix their brains.

he already told you m8

twitter.com/mfrost11/status/906139114940051456

What did Frost mean by this?

I can in total honest say, now that the 18 hours are over with zero regret or contrarianism that the Dougie storyline was more or less perfect. I would actually have liked a little more of it, not as in for more episodes just a couple of longer scenes.

The show's over.

The curtain is closed fellas.

Go outside (or inside your mind) and do something with what you learned.

Create art.

the scene in the motel and sheriff's office work well together
also diane puts her hands on coops face as they find out about bad coop

The visual juxtaposition, man. The visual juxtaposition.

Sounds more like a Frost thing to me desu

based frost tweeting about facebook being shit.

I love Frost, I wish he had a little more constraint in his writing when it comes to exposition lore dumps, but he's really good at writing characters and making storylines converge and wrap around each other in a satisfying way.

Can people just upload full episodes on youtube or what?

It's got like 4 copyright claims on it but they all just want to monotize the video themselves so its all good.

That pic... it's too perfect.

"needing to be watched at once" is like saying The Wizard of Oz is amazing because its meant to be watched while listening to Pink Floyd. There's nothing to indicate that is actually the directors intent.

Fair, but elaborate.

It's from the heart

kek

Frost is /ourguy/ after all

I don't see why this requires watching them both at the same time. It's pretty clear that when Naido turns into Diane it's Diane from part 18. I thought the same thing after rewatching. Cooper would have no other reason to ask "do you remember everything?"

The actor who plays Bushnell Mullins. Now you know.

HellooOOOoooo

>Laura says, "Lights out," after screaming in FWWM
neat

>one for the grandkids

Holy moly, who's this lady?

I'm more and more convinced it was a happy enidng. That is a scream of pure directed rage, and the evil house gets annihilated

now, what this means for coop and laura I don't know it is happy at all, but I'm more and more convinced that this was a victory for the good guys. it's also synced with possessed sarah failing to damage laura's picture.

Thanks for the happy ending Lynch & Frost!!!

>muh boobs

Kyle's a true professional, not a single glance.

I think s3 was the filler less tv season ever.

I know it is counterintutive, so let me explain. From the point of view of quality, it was almost fillerless. Many series have REAL dead time that serve no purpose but to dilate the duration. IN s3, the filler is always quality. Unless is frostian expository dialogue of course

>cosplayer + manic pixie dream girl + mom of 4 + rainbow unicorn PRINCESS + sparkle factory ... if it's not fun, do something else. 1st official TacoSlut.

Jesus, Mary and Joseph. What the fuck is with this world.

He got to fuck Naomi Watts, he's satiated.

Super magician time traveling Dale would have been out of place in the rest of the season. they made the best possible choice imho

I don't know why people shit on Dougie so much, his arc managed to recapture the humour and quirky characters of the original run while still feeling fresh and inventive. Not to mention the fact that the cinematography is gorgeous, and Dougie himself is my new role model.

What is their job in the show? Are they personal assistants?

>A cooper makes barrels out of loops
>Cooper makes a time-loop to contain Judy

So you're just an autist who repeats what the others say?

For everyone: Don't come here anymore. Sup Forums is run by Tyrnos, Kaito Hasegawa and their friends. And moot the c. u. c. k. is helping them (yes, his last news was a big fat lie)

---------------------------------

hey moot, take Sup Forums offline for a few hours. The spammer is here again

Don't tell me, you thought I would stop? Just because you wrote a fake news?

>Retarded and/or aggressive shitposting
>Hard samefagging
>Poorly written posts
>Viral threads for Scarjo and her movies
>Trying to sound smart, although they have no clue. About anything
>Posts with the terms "enjoying", "it's fun", especially in a defensive manner
>Forced generals (/hor/, /cape/ etc.)
>Against every board culture, particularly lolis, cunny etc.
>Responding to very old posts
>YIFY is good (usually against everything from each board)
>Generally, every stupid and/or aggressive post
>Destroyed /lbg/ and /swg/ threads

If you see one or more of these points, then you can be almost sure that it's someone
from the german forum Anipodium (according to the animation textboard, check that place).
Don't let that subhuman trash go wild on Sup Forums and other boards!

dis.Sup Forums.org/read/anime/1392740610/200

You nazis are now embarrassing yourself on other boards too? Quite something

>Samefagging so the other guy need to understand he is wrong
>Enjoy
>Opinions aren't absolute, each one has his own
>But my opinion is correct, you're wrong and the game is a 7/10!
>YOU are mad!

>Hard samefagging
>Poorly written posts
>Trying to sound smart, although they have no clue. About anythin
>Posts with the terms "enjoying", "it'

That's a really bad ass and angle.

They were victims of human trafficking, the Mitchum brothers bought and employed them so they could have lives that aren't a living hell because they have hearts of gold.

For everyone: Don't come here anymore. Sup Forums is run by Tyrnos, Kaito Hasegawa and their friends. And moot the c. u. c. k. is helping them (yes, his last news was a big fat lie)

>Hard samefagging
>Poorly written posts
>Trying to sound smart, although they have no clue. About anything
>Posts with the terms "enjoying", "it's fun", especially in a defensive manner
>Forced generals (/hor/, /cape/ etc.)
>Against every board culture, particularly lolis, cunny etc.
>Responding to very old posts
>YIFY is good (usually against everything from each board)
>Generally, every stupid and/or aggressive post
>Destroyed /lbg/ and /swg/ threads

If you see one or more of these points, then you can be almost sure that it's someone
from the german forum Anipodium (according to the animation textboard, check that place).
Don't let that subhuman trash go wild on Sup Forums and other boards!

dis.Sup Forums.org/read/anime/1392740610/200

You nazis are now embarrassing yourself on other boards too? Quite something

>Samefagging so the other guy need to understand he is wrong
>Enjoy
>Opinions aren't absolute, each one has his own
>But my opinion is correct, you're wrong and the game is a 7/10!
>YOU are mad!

>Hard samefagging
>Poorly written posts
>Trying to sound smart, although they have no clue. About anythi
>Posts with the terms "enjoying", "it'

BASED BUD

The dougie storyline is literally the only one that matters, why don't people like it

Where can I find a bf like Mr. C?

most politicians are like that but they act like regular Cooper when in public

>it makes sense now why lynch wanted 18 and not 9 episodes

Everything about it is the very best The Return has to offer, well that and Part 18 of course which is its own beast. But it really was so amazing, the colors are so vibrant in those scenes, the characters are all fantastic and like you say they weave in all the elements of the old show into it, in a way that is celebratory but done in a way where it doesn't feel like it is aping off the old show, regurgitating past glories.

Dougie himself is a beautiful character that inspires good and positive feelings within me. I find it really tragic that so many people out there saw him as nothing but a carrot on a stick, every scene being a waiting game to see if he'd finally wake up.

That is such a gross injustice to the character and his arc. Dougie 4 life.

what others say.

I knew it, but autism is not your fault Dougie, we love you.

the only crime was that he ever took off the green suit, I wish that had stuck around longer, he was so cute in it.

cute in it

Me on the right.

Yes, Dougie was lovable, but I think we all now who the real qt was

love you.

I would love it if instead of that nuclear test the origin of everything was the big bang itself. The show would be even more metaphysical.

oh Dougie... :3

But than it wouldn't be an evil that men do...

COOP, WHAT HAPPENED TO JOSIE

If Cooper Dont Trust You The Wood Is Gonna Eat You

Actually, Lynch set it up so ANY TWO EPISODES can be watched side by side. I tested this out, you find LITTLE HINTS EVERYWHERE. It's fucking crazy.

Yeah but it would be even more of an anthropocentric universe