Better movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XcNrZbnmNE8
youtube.com/watch?v=OPdDdC4go6c
youtube.com/watch?v=bOUMIXbTM5U
variety.com/2017/film/news/box-office-it-movie-stephen-king-1202552701/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Better Beverly.

I refuse to believe he was better than Tim Curry.
Tim Curry is the best in every role he's ever done.

why do you keep posting this? What are you trying to achieve? Some people like it some people don't but you keep trying to perpetuate this false "Sup Forums BTFO' narrative. You're arguing against no one and look like a faggot

Yes, yes, it could have gone that way, but this is how it really went...

>refuse to believe
Seems like a good way to enjoy life. Enjoy your blind faiths and hero worship, user.

I haven't seen the movie yet I just don't think Tim Curry can be topped.
Maybe i'll be proven wrong.

Pop. Pop pop. Pop pop pop. Hnnnnng. Take i.....t

I wouldn't say a better Pennywise. Aspects were better but not overall.
For one his dialogue is lackluster instead relying more on his creepy movements and jump scares. Which visually is unsettling a lot. Comparatively He barely smack talks the kids in the degrading, humiliating manner Currys Pennywise did. The new Pennywise speaks like he's half retarded or mentally damaged. In that regard he just comes off as a weirdo idiot instead of a creepy, overbearing terrorizer.

Horrifying seeing where the new generation is going.
I thought it was bad when I saw Superbad but this..

>9 year old kids
>"Inside your mom"
>"Inside your sister"
>"Dude dicks"
>"Dude fuck you motherfucker"
>"Eating animals is bad"
>Sexualizing that poor girl like fuck
>I knew she was super young
>Still felt attracted and weird showing tue long legs all the time

Other than that it had some very cool spooks, the clown is amazing for 2017, Tim was awesome for the 80s. Now he is not that spooky, just the teeth.

Movie had tye classic unnecessary as fuck mini spooks and figures running away for reasons.

I just left the cinema half hour ago and somehow I feel sad and depress. So it worked.
[Spoiler]>no adults chapter[\spoiler]
That pissed me off pretty good. Should have known though..

I felt the smack talking was replaced in the remake with more intense ways pennywise mind fucked the kids. It wasnt as Shakespearean as currys over the top performance but the basement scene with georgie was more intense to me, and a lot of the clowns interactions werent as much speaking to the kids as it was the puppeteering and illusions.

They're 13, and they're from the 80s...
and kids smack talking isn't something new...

Anyone who has read the book knows Tim Curry doesn't fit as Pennywise and the miniseries is an abomination.

If you like to watch a funny goofy clown then be my guest but this new movie nailed the book's themes despite not fully following all the plot points.

btw I am not saying this new It movie is a masterpiece. I would have completely cut out Pennywise dancing and made him be more like he is in the book: freezing the kids as they can't run and he slowly is walking towards them.

That scene when the bully dies in the sewer was 10/10. Perfect Pennywise there

>Anyone who has read the book knows Tim Curry doesn't fit as Pennywise and the miniseries is an abomination.

I read the book and I don't know what you are talking about.

Not in the Goonies and similar 80s movies. Something was way off. The plebs in the theatre laughed. I laughed maybe once during the shit talking.

How old are you? Kids back in the day did mention a lot of dick and your mom jokes. Very rare did any friends get almost nude together but all the dialogue was exactly how kids talked back then

Def not when I was 12 back in 1995.

I've read the book and enjoyed it until the shitty ending. And you're right, the miniseries was terrible and Tim Curry didn't really fit the character.

But he was still great in his own right.

>I read the book and I don't know what you are talking about.
So you are okay with Tim Curry acted like an idiot after Beverly runs out of her house in the adult section and he is making goofy blowjob expressions and shuts the door?

Fucking awful

In the book the old woman's cup turns to shit as she transforms into her father as her father goes on about raping her and when Beverly runs out of the house and looks back to see it was all an illusion, this is meant to be a very frightful scene as she is haunted by her father in adult life.

The miniseries is a fucking joke

>Curry's hand popping out of a book
>"WAAA KIDS GO AWAY OR YOU BE EATEN"

Changing shit usually works for the better for King adaptations. King himself sometimes throws a fit about it like the casting for the Shining but this is the same guy that directed Maximum Overdrive, so I think it's fair to say King doesn't know what the fuck makes a good movie any better than he knows how to write an ending.

Anyone else thought pennywise was going to be played by this fellow? it wasn't until I checked on IMDB and saw that pretty boy skarsgard billed in as penny wise.
it was a real mind fuck for me brahs

Because Goonies were pussified kid film made by Spielberg

S P A C E
P
A
C
E

>But he was still great in his own right.
Yeah he was great as a psychopathic clown. I am no way bashing Curry's performance at all. What I hate is when people think Curry is the definition of It because they obviously never read the book and it pisses me off that for so many decades people hailed him as a demon from out of space when the real demon is in Stephen King's writing not the miniseries.

kind of wish his sprint wasn't so silly, the one where he's spasming from left to right at a mph. can't help but hear 'it's treason, then...' in my head every time he did it

>Changing shit usually works for the better for King adaptations.
Why did they make Beverly kill her father? How will she then visit her house in part 2 when she comes back as an adult to see if her father still lives there?

Why did they get rid of the racism and all the blacks being burnt alive by neo nazis? THAT is very important to Mike. Why just make it that his parents burnt in a house...

The Black spot makes no sense to exist then in this new movie if you get rid of all that

Am I retarded or did anyone else have problems understand what he was saying half the time?

You might be retarded. I had no issues at all.

He looked great in the sewer moving close to the camera cos it was a great POV shot but otherwise I do wish they cut out the trailer part of Pennywise screaming and teleporting to Bill.

Since that wasn't filmed as a POV, it looked very wrong and like a crazy man off his meds.

I suppose the reason It acts like this is because he is very hungry and when he sees food he kind of freaks out from hunger idk or he acts like that to terrify his victim more

The scene where he had like 12 balloons in a triangle outside of the haunted house I had some trouble understanding. That was it though.

It was mentioned or shown briefly in the library scene

Have you literally never been a kid? I grew up in the 80s and acted exactly like how they did.

I had problems understanding why he had two minions. A witch minion and a zombie minion.

>Am I retarded or did anyone else have problems understand what he was saying half the time?
You might have Auditory Processing difficulties.

Do you feel tired a lot? When you are in a crowded space do you find it hard to concentrate when someone is talking near you? Do you find it hard to make out what people are saying (as you said you didn't understand It in this movie well).

Do not worry: I was born with this problem too and have gotten better via someone in a business giving me a lot of brain exercise.

Google it. Maybe you might need help

As someone who hasn't read the book (and don't plan to), nor seen the original, I thought this movie was utter fucking trash. Going into it with an unbiased mindset I was hoping the movie would be good, but all I got was a series of generic, cliched jumpscares, awful dialogue and acting from the children (except Bill maybe), and some of the most atrocious editing I've seen in a while. The aspect that focused on the kids being bullied and just being kids was somewhat interesting and well done, but holy fucking shit the horror elements and Pennywise completely fell flat for me. Seems weird to me that this movie's getting so much praise, but then again it looks far superior to the original so maybe thats why

Is it weird that I was more bothered by the bullying scenes than when It was on screen?

Is this a meme?

>I had problems understanding why he had two minions. A witch minion and a zombie minion.
THAT WAS ALL PENNYWISE.

HE IS A SHAPE SHIFTING ALIEN WHO CRASH LANDED ON HER MILLION YEARS AGO.

I don't know why they didn't include the book scene where the kids time travel back in time to witness It landing

>false tv btfo narrative

tv is btfo though. why do you think you see so many ironic shillposts? so bitter.

Mike got sidelined probably because his character is a massive focus of the adult part where he's "assigned" as the watcher who stands guard waiting for Pennywise's return as an adult, being forced to the be the only one who remembers Pennywise after everyone else leaves. He'll get more focus in part 2.

Personally I liked how Eddie stands up more to his mother, I never got how he faces Pennywise in the book as a kid but still falls back under his mothers influence and marries a woman just like her when facing Pennywise should've given him more courage. I liked how he freaks the fuck out in the movie.

No pennywise was the cat clown demon. He had two minions.

>As someone who hasn't read the book (and don't plan to)
Do it. It's a masterpiece and this isn't someone who is obsessed with the damn orgy scene. There is heaps of great content like this scene Lately I have come to read books more than movies because books explain stuff so much better with so much content.

btw if you don't like reading, you can listen to the audiobook by Stephen Weber.
youtube.com/watch?v=XcNrZbnmNE8

Anyone laughed when Richie grabbed the baseball bat because it reminded of the meme

*Wuaha! Wuaha! Wuaha! Wuaha!*
*Spins noisemaker*

Fortunately Bill did an excellent job as pennywise. But seeing Will playing the clown would have been a treat. The guy is a really good actor.

Huh, this explains a lot

FUCK I FORGOT Beverly beats the shit out of her abusive husband in part 2 and it will make no sense now cos she already killed her father. Would be better if they followed the book cos all these years her husband has been like her father and then she has had enough when she is about to go back to Derry.

Yeaaah maybe one day. I dunno, I'm not really a fan of King - not sure if I could bring myself to read over 1000 pages on just one of his books. Might check out that audiobook sometime though if I'm bored, cheers

When was the last time you watched The Goonies?

I find it hard to believe these are the same actors. How did they make Bill have a massive forehead? It's almost as if Bill really did shape shift.

They're probably going to write it out. They changed things to give the kids more development in the original story rather than wait one entire movie to give them it in the adult one.

>I dunno, I'm not really a fan of King
Neither was I but I read and loved the book.

Sent shivers down my spine during the scene when the gay guy is pushed to his death on the beach and Pennywise slowly drags him away as it describes another character witnesses It from a distance and the way King describes It looking right into the eyes of that character like "I am going to get you next" was terrifying.

I never understand what people meant when they said you could be scared by reading a book but I surely did from that moment on.

That's his true form all the time

>2011+6
>Using this meme

nostalgiafags need to be sent to camps and put down. you brainlets just hugging your cumrag afraid of the future. die

Violence sounded more fun back then that everything reduced to xvideo.com

Chapter II is going to open with that scene. Not sure why the miniseries didn't do it

She was 10/10. I will burn in hell.

The only book I've gotten scared from is The Amytiville Horror. All the movies have not done it any justice. Or even bothered to follow it faithfully.

is this supposed to be scary?

If you're a pussy then ye

I mean I wouldn't fuck her, but she was cute.

Not really but I didn't expect them to actually show the kid get his fucking arm torn off and dragged away. Cool shit.

The Leper's Fuck & Suck (Formerly Pennywise's)

It was only a disgusting white male so all bets are off.

the IT talk is nice I guess but some of you need to stop talking about the goddamn gangbang """scene""", i know Sup Forums likes little kids and sex but its retarded its not even in the fucking movie just get over your sex obession most of you are already over 18 grow the fuck up

They didn't include the gangbange scene, but I'm glad they at least included the panty raid and peeping tom scenes.

>Sup Forums
>Over the age of 18
kek, most of this board is 14

nope, same here, that shit bothers me

I really wished they gave Pennywise more dialogue

it could've been if they managed to implement practical effects

>mfw I have the same hairline as the actor
C-can I still make it..?

Same. Hope the home release has a lot of extra dialogue in deleted scenes. He was actually funny

Nope. Just give in and go out and buy some clown makeup and wigs.

>in the book, Georgie is left bleeding and screaming on the road until he from blood loss

I-I am not sure.. Am I ill? Mqybe it's just blue balls I think..

youtube.com/watch?v=OPdDdC4go6c
youtube.com/watch?v=bOUMIXbTM5U
Nah the first movie was actually pretty good. Stephen King can't write horror so making it humorous was a good call

>movie

here we go again

>Anyone who has read the book knows Tim Curry doesn't fit as Pennywise
The book is shit. Anyone smart only watches adaptions of King's shit.

Tim curry was great. Even if he wasn't like the book.
Movie Pennywise had a goofy design and wasn't scary at all

Literally no one thinks a made for TV movie is better than this one

>People actually shilling for King
Yeah reading 1000 pages for a shitty ending sure is fun

Redditwise the Le Meme clown

Was the dad necessarily dead or just knocked out ?

Most of Curry's talkative moments were when they were adults, I imagine he'll have more opportunity in the second film.

That's what i said, shouldn't that bitch be in jail

Is there any streams of it yet? payday isn't for 2 weeks and i wanna watch it

underrated

Im buying it immediately, won't even watch it at first. Im skipping to the quarry scene and jacking off to bev.
I will be so pissed off if it's edited out or something. MOUND

kek

There were black ladies in my theatre and they were talking to the movie the whole time. Everytime someone said "help!" they said "HELP Yo self !"

Wow that's a really stupid and non-scary death.

Having a kid literally dragged by a clown is literally a thousand times scarier (not even memeing).

King's a hack.

What do you call an user who over critiques a movie? A CRITIC!
Wuha! Wuha! Wuha! Wuha!
*farts*
*shakes noisemaker*
Wuha! Wuha! Wuha! Wuha!
*shakes noisemaker louder so you can't hear anything else*

He likely opted not to do anything seeing as if he tried to get her taken away, she'd probably admit to all the sexual abuse he forced upon her.

the book version is actually lamer than what the other user described. what actually happens is pennywise grab's georgie's arm, his face changes, then he rips georgie's arm off and georgie dies instantly

variety.com/2017/film/news/box-office-it-movie-stephen-king-1202552701/
$103 MILLION OPENING WEEKEND

Bill did a great job. The best part of him playing Pennywise is the fact that he can unfocus his at will, something the director was going to do in post. Most of the times where Pennywise's eyes stare in different directions, that's actually Bill doing that, not any kind of effect

>not having enough spare money to see a movie
the absolute state of Sup Forums posters

His confrontation with Eddie is honestly amazing.

You shoulda helped yo self to some ebony minge m8