ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT

The recent move by obama to transfer ICANN to the UN will end global free speech

The reason they are doing this is pic related.
I implore you to read it.

When we can talk to one another and share information we cannot be effectively lied to and so we cannot be effectively manipulated. By gutting free speech they intend to do nothing less than to lobotomize the world

We must discuss the best tactics for preventing this from happening - call your state senators and politicians

We must think of workarounds to the system
- How to set up our own DNS
- Usable deepweb chans
- Ways to avid detection on the deepweb

Chans have magnified the power of Trump, of Euro-skeptic movements, of burgeoning nationalist consciousness around the world.
We must not fall, for if we do their will be no alternative to institutional media - and when that happens those in power will control all the information we use to make decisions, and therefore, the outcome of said decisions

Other urls found in this thread:

change.org/p/hillary-clinton-hillary-clinton-release-your-medical-records-3625b611-ed28-4956-bfc8-93ac24c748c3
regated.com/2016/08/oct-1-obama-gives-un-power-internet/
archive.is/ujrAh
fortune.com/2016/08/17/obama-internet-privatized/
newsmax.com/Newsfront/United-Nations-Control-Internet-ICANN/2016/08/29/id/745635/
dailywire.com/news/8483/obama-about-take-over-internet-heres-everything-aaron-bandler
cairco.org/highlights/un-could-take-over-icann-and-internet-oct-1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

hey weev

Not weev, talked to him once though

Bump

So, the internet will die 40 days before the election...

>Chans have magnified the power of Trump

DEMAND THAT HILLARY CLINTON RELEASES HER MEDICAL RECORDS!

TELL THE TRUTH ABOUT YOUR RAPIDLY DECLINING HEALTH HILLARY!!

change.org/p/hillary-clinton-hillary-clinton-release-your-medical-records-3625b611-ed28-4956-bfc8-93ac24c748c3

It is a very well written petition with many supporting links.

Thanks very much for your help. Please share this wherever you can.

bump

The threat as I see it is that ICANN will now be able to threaten hosting companies with range bans to get them to comply with banning specific websites

Before, ICANN was granted a legal monopoly status by the US government and so would be in violation of its terms were it to start banning content based on triggering speech - now that it is no longer located in the US, that is not the case

yeah.
As for both situations, it was a good run.

We can stop it

We've memed Trump to top contender status, we can do anything we put our memes to

Why do you think they are "giving it away" instead of selling the contract.
Its a done deal , they are just waiting for the ICANN to finish spering before it goes to the EU and under Soros control. if not for that, it would be over on 9/1

bump

ITT: idiots who should take a basic networking course.

LISTEN UP YOU RETARDS.

>what is ICANN?
ICANN is an international non profit based in the US that has always handled DNS. The US government has de facto legal control over it. International organisations such as ICANN, ISO, IEEE with various universities have always managed and created the infrastructure of the Internet.

>What is DNS?
Domain naming system(DNS) is a database server in your Internet Service Provider that matches IP addresses to domain names. ICANN standardises it so every ISP from SingTel to Verizon has the same database by being in charge of who gets which ip address. Why DNS is important is so end users don't have to memorise IP addresses to go to their desired site.

>can DNS be used to censor information?
No. The government could disrupt and delete domain names that prevents people from accessing sites by typing in their names but everyone would notice and external DNS databases would crop up. Or they would just learn the IP addresses of websites.

>Is the government spying on me?
Yes, look up the Five Eyes program. Many governments work with ISPs to search and extract potential threats to their government, mostly terrorists. It has nothing to do with DNS or ICANN.

So what can we do? how will we use the internet after?
I'm guessing it won't just disappear in one day, so memeing for trump before the election will stay, but what can we do?

>The DNS can't be used to censor information
>The DNS matches IPs with domains

Pick one

All they need to do is redirect a domain or refuse to resolve it

The best bet now is to make people aware of it

This has two benefits:
1 - The more people that know about the threat, the more people that will oppose it and the more politicians stand to gain (in terms of votes and support) by vocally opposing it
2 - It will catch the attention of the technologically capable and push some number of them towards creating alternatives

Are you even trying? This has nothing to do with Hillary
>redirect it
And host an exact site copy hoping no one will notice? The government would have to rig up an exact chan with real time posters.

>don't resolve it
People will notice if no one gets through. And IPs would quickly spread through the Internet. Honestly if the government really wanted to they could just get a warrant and take down the site server like with Kickass torrents or Silk Road.

And by the way, the US is actually relinquishing control of ICANN and letting it run itself. It is not going under the UN.

>Hoping no one will notivce
So what if they do notice? They can make most people not care by saying that they shut off access by preventing the spread of "Hate Speech"

Sure there will be ways around it but they can massively decrease traffic by making access impossible for all but the tech savvy, which greatly reduces the power of those that go against the imposed narrative

Shouldn't we open them on Sup Forums then?
Also I'm stocking on tons of torrents now lol

I hope we can all drink the Kool aid and die together.

That is a good idea, want to help me spread the message?

Well in China or Singapore, in the US the combination of public backlash and violation of free speech laws would destroy it.

That doesn't get rid of the two problems with your supposed censorship theory.

1) The US government is RELINQUISHING control of ICANN, not taking control of it. And no, it is not going to be under the UN.

2)It is much more effective to just place a ban on IPs on local ISPs, or just shut down the site with a warrant. DNS is a convenience service, it is not essential to the Web.

Sup Forums's modicum of networking knowledge let's them see this is a bs conspiracy. Go make a thread there and try.

>Stocking up on torrents for when you go innawoods
Very clever, my little hook-nosed friend

let it die

the internet has failed

it is a panopticon and mass propaganda machine

facts are censored by search engines

history is rewritten by wikis

events are twisted by the media cycle

the internet is kill
let it die

This, when the internet dies it will be like one massive redpill getting shoved down the publics throat

I have 120 torrents running at the same time, and that's only for anime and tv shows, haven't started to download movies

you might need this

Currently researching what it is.

I'm more concerned about ICANN conforming to the censorship demands of individual countries

As for shutting the sites down with a warrant, that wasn't possible for mere speech violations when ICANN was stationed on the US

Even if im extra paranoid le tinfoil hat, I will just have the torrents I wanted already downloade in my harddrive. It's win-win

Bullshit, the internet has for the first time in history broken the monopoly on information dissemination by the elites - now we can talk to eachother and receive our information from sources they don't control

You're defeatism isn't even logical

When this goes through and people realize that free speech has been cut off won't this make people stop posting 'man this sux' on facebook and start going out and protesting? Essentiallly doing the opposite of what they want?
Just want to know.

>implying only USA is able to handle internet properly
>implying USA was actually protecting freedom of speech
>implying USA losing control over ICANN is anything but good

Kys. Also, sage

Leave and never come back, faggot.

>The US wasn't protecting freedom of speech

Clearly you know nothing about speech laws throughout the rest of the world

Clearly you are a naive child that still thinks laws matter to your corporate overlords.

Clearly you're a shill.

>cu++Klx9
cuck confirmed

If you legitmately believe that the US does a worse job of protecting freedom of then your cucked country, then you're an idot - show me one case of a person getting arrested or, fined or having their domain or property seized for speech violations in the US

Show me one

>implying people won't just go full bread and circuses
You act like the people have agency my m8

Its not really that bad, far too many companies rely on the internet staying exactly as it is, they will never allow the risk of opening this Pandoras box, I promise you.

But that's the beauty of it - our dank memes are breaking their way into the circus!

Our humour spreads the redpill all the better for the decadent times we live in

the internet is to normies as tendies are to autists.
Don't underestimate that.

ummm...is it happening?

There are no major companies that would be affected by censoring speech that goes against the popular narrative

>The recent move by obama to transfer ICANN to the UN will end global free speech

It's a Sup Forums makes shit up and then people freak out about it episode

I've seen this one b4

I always blamed the internet for things like the SJW uprising or bronies. It allowed people with ideas or interests that would be shot down in social circles the ability to connect and form large groups -when drawn from a pool of billions of people- instead of remaining in separated, isolated areas effectively killing the mindset.

I also blame the internet for undermining belief in the kike-run media to its current record low, so let's not throw out the baby with the bathwater.

It's guy attempts to diminish the severity of a threat to the only force capable of standing up to the elite

I've seen this one b4

What threat? Obama isn't "transferring ICANN to the UN" you ultra sperg

R A R E
A
R
E

yes he is

This is about as much about letter agencies spying as it is about the next generation in the US being told that even debating certain topics is off-limits.

But that wasn't the point: Your corporate elites don`t care, and they are the ones having the control. They don't need to limit free speech in the law because they can simply prevent you from seeing certain topics. That starts with facebook preventing certain news from trending, continues with twitter banning people having polarizing opinions and ends with google simply removing sites from its search results.

Cultural singularity soon

We must make it our culture

Provide 1 source.

No, but when ICANN leaves US jurisdiction, there becomes no way too enforce domain ownership. Unless you point DNS servers statically to a trusted DNS server, you have no guarantee that "www.google.com" actually points to the site and not some Chinese phishing clone.

ICANN isn't under US jurisdiction, ICANN sets policy unilaterally and the US is bound to it.

ICANN is beholden to no government. No government has no legal authority over an international non profit. It's like if Russia barges into the Red Cross and start dictating how they spend their money. There is no legal or moral obligation, the only way possible left is force. Which is pointless because the databases are scattered all over the world.

Local ISPs however are.

>shutting down sites wasn't possible when ICANN as under the US government
Yes it was, China, Syria, Singapore have done it many times, through local ISPs. No government has ever tampered with ICANN, ISO, IEEE.

I have no idea where so many people seem to be getting this bad information but whatever source it is it lacks basic technical knowledge about the Internet and censorship.

Slight lessening of red tape at ICANN.

Of course they can do that, but their control isn't complete because sites like the chans exist - however if they gain control of the DNS, they can't prevent normies from reaching such sites and thereby massively increase their control over the information people recieve

You have no clue what you're talking about.

>(((international)))
Fuck of kike worshiper.

Start arguing any time

I can't, you've not provided anything which is factually correct.

Meanwhile Germans get thrown in prison for having bad thoughts about rapefugees on zuckerbergs kikebook

We shouldn't let internationalists get control

According to your unbacked assertions

how about you show me a single source for the foundation of this retarded thread "obama to transfer ICANN to the UN"

could you do that m8?

here:
regated.com/2016/08/oct-1-obama-gives-un-power-internet/
and the archive: archive.is/ujrAh

from a google search:
fortune.com/2016/08/17/obama-internet-privatized/
newsmax.com/Newsfront/United-Nations-Control-Internet-ICANN/2016/08/29/id/745635/
dailywire.com/news/8483/obama-about-take-over-internet-heres-everything-aaron-bandler

The US government oversees ICANN, its not in control but you can be sure it has influence. My point is, majority of the companies that stand to be affected by this are American companies, they have a vast interest in keeping ICANN structured exactly as it is.

These companies do not won't to enforce censorship based on rules handed down from the UN, there's no financial incentive too.

Allow me to oblige..

cairco.org/highlights/un-could-take-over-icann-and-internet-oct-1

>call my governers office
>talk to someone not bill haslem
>begin talking about ICANN and obama selling the internet and how I want it stopped
>they cut me off
>ask me what im talking about
>start flaundering because i realised i have no idea what im fucking talking about
>they as well have not heard of "obama selling the internet to foreign nations"
>tfw memed by Sup Forums again only this time I look like a complete idiot after giving them my name.

Fuck you guys

YOU IMPLORE ME?

Dead within a week

sorry hoss gonna need something from the white house, because this is just conjecture

ICANN has been independent for 20 years, we've had this thread about 6 million times now

Oyyyyyyyyy

Im no L33T H4X0R but doesnt the ICANN just give out the names for domains.
Doesnt that mean if a website is blocked you cansimply visit it by using the dns adress instead of the domain name?

>but you can be sure
>Muh opinion

ווויייי

so to clarify there is no source that Obama is selling an independent organization that the US government doesn't control to the UN?

Tell that that the US should not allow it's contract with ICANN to expire and allow the organization to contract with foreign governments because no other country in the world has the commitment to freedom of speech that America does - simply put, we cannot trust any other country to have any measure of control over the internet

dude

There is a source, but you won't acknowledge it because you shift the goalposts

The fuck are you even talking about.

The internet is not going anywhere. Paranoid retard.

Yes, but the threat is that they can greatly diminish traffic to 'bad think' by making internet users have to jump through hoops to reach the correct domain - the average normie is not capable of doing so and/or won't care enough to expend the effort. It doesn't outright cut off communication, but it greatly stifles it

I'm failing to see the place where this shows Obama is selling ICANN to the UN.

>I have a source but I won't provide it

The source was already provided to you by eZj2+ZRx

You ignored it because it wasn't posted by the white house itself which you wrote explicitly here

That wasn't a source, it was a news article based on conjecture.

Now it`s a threat? In the OP you very clearly stated that ending free speech is the sole reason they are doing this.

Seems like you are either confused because you don`t know what you are talking about, or making shit up because you want Sup Forums to do your work for you.

>Posting the ID instead of linking the post
I want retardchanners to leave

if they tried anything they would get hit just like the newyork stock exchange was multiple times for stopping trading and reseting hours worth of trades

servers just a pile of scrap metal with capacitors melted to the mother boards and shit. M.A.D.

>Now it's a threat
Anything is a threat until it's actualized, seeing as ICANN has not yet been transferred, it is indeed still a threat

>Posting ID
Nitpicking is for people grasping at straws

>any of this
>a threat
take a networking 101 class or something jesus christ you fucking nigger

my 12 year old sister knows more about this shit than you

So I take it that you are just believing this, as you have nothing that actually backs up your claim except some clickbait that talks about the possibility that something completly harmless happens?
Or, in other words, your OP was nothing but hyperbole.

>Nitpicking is for people grasping at straws
Nitpicking is for people that don`t come here from the retarded clone of a site to spout equally retarded opinions.

>seeing as ICANN has not yet been transferred

ICANN has been independent for 20 years mate, the contract on IANA is being released.

You don't know what you're talking about as i6zbdK6s said.

There is a lot less institutional power behind the chans then there is behind stock trading jews

As much as I want to believe what you say, I don't think that the retaliation would in any way prevent or make up for what would be taken

Daily reminder this is not bullshit, obongo's pulling the trigger on it oct 1, and those telling you not to worry about it are either tards who don't understand it or leftist faggots looking to subjugate dissenters.
>muh precious global narrative!

Ameribros, call your representatives every day. Congress can veto this shit but they need to do it fucking soon.

ICANN was not indepeendent, they were granted legal monopoly status by the united states government in exchange for their services being in accordance to what the US wanted - you can't honestly believe they were granted this status and then were allowed to act in any way they wish

>Things that I don't agree with are clickait