Kino

Why is that Keanu Reeves has never been able to become a legendary movie actor?
He has shown that he has the talent, but it feels like he doesn't want the trouble that comes with such massive fame.

Reeves is a genuinely good, extremely-likeable person, and this shines through his otherwise-tepid performances enough for audiences to connect with him. But don't mistake his appeal for the same appeal that truly great actors inspire.

He is legendary what are you talking about ?
He is "The One" and he's totally excellent.

>Why is that Keanu Reeves has never been able to become a legendary movie actor?

>Bill & Ted's part 1 & 2
>Speed
>Bram Stolker's Dracula (his bad acting in this one is legendary so I need to list it)
>Speed
>Point Break
>Devil's Advocate
>My Own Private Idaho
>The Matrix
>Parenthood

fuck, I could keep going but OP is some underage fuck that just watched John Wick or it's sequel. Keanu Reeves has been a household name for decades.

he is litearlly the star of The Matrix Trilogy

one of the most legendary film franchises in the world

No I meant why has he never been nominated for an oscar or some other bullshit?

>he doesn't want the trouble that comes with such massive fame

Nailed it. Keanu isn't a great actor by a long shot, but I'd be lying if I said the majority of his movies aren't entertaining as fuck.

>Speed
>x2
Was that a mistake or some joke I'm not getting?

He has an eye for roles, he works hard but he is not a good actor.

Well he'll inevitably get one of those Oscars they give out to actors who has great bodies of work

He's beloved.
The thing you are asking is why the media don't go retarded crazy in stalking him.
It's because the man had a pretty fucked up and tragic history and all of his fans, or even non-fans who know the tiniest bit about his life, would give the media a PR nightmare and a fucking crusade for trying to fuck with this man's private and peaceful daily life when he's not filming.

>fucked and tragic history
Enlighten me, user.

How has he not killed himself yet?

he's a terrible actor but blessed with the right combination of innocence and harmlessness, which results in a certain charm

Yet John Wick 2 is one of the best movies for action movies in a long time.
Keanu is doing some great things.

>he's a terrible actor
Only if you are a dumbass who only watched the action films.
He shows damn great character variation and acting in the comedies, dramas, and romances he acts in.

because you could replace him with a cardboard cutout and you wouldn't notice any difference

Keanu has that Screen presence that you can't teach and is really hard to define.

Keanu singlehandedly makes Devil's Advocate a film worth watching. If he was not in it it would be a 2/10. His presence brings it to an 8.

Eh, he's earned the respect of regular people by being a pretty chill and real dude. Not many actors can say they do that, because the reality is that most actors are huge cunts.

because he doesn't do oscar bait, but then again he might just get one considering how therye just passing those things out like candy nowadays.