Can we do a Mad Men thread please?

Can we do a Mad Men thread please?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FKgPTkIulEI
youtube.com/watch?v=LruKCZkWVZY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

THE KING ORDERED IT

Sure thing buddy, what do you want to talk about?

OP is doing a great job.

mad men

no

Who were these so called mad men?

I haven't seen a good Mad Men thread since 2015, shortly after the finale. It's never coming back, no matter how comfy it was.
>THE SUN SHINES BRIGHT

How was it so perfect?
The best character drama and period piece I've ever seen, as well as having some of the funniest moments on TV and musical numbers. It really just had everything you could ever want in a show

why should i watch it? the plot seems boring

So you can learn how to be alpha

Post Petes

It's a bit of a character piece

You watch people change and shit throughout the years, as well as seeing how culture and social changes take shape and impact on them

It's quite hard to explain what exactly makes it so good, as it moves very slowly and requires the viewer to understand what's going on from everyone's perspective pretty much all the time (autists hate the lack of clarity and confirmation)

It's well acted, has compelling characters, pays more the longer you stay with it and never really shits the bed like other series which go on as long

If you only like CGI fight scenes between cartoon characters Mad Men isn't for you.
If you like literally anything else that is good about TV shows, then it's perfect

It's a character study, following the lives of those who have it all yet still miserable, and those who want those things but don't understand the baggage that comes with it.

So I hear you only go out on dates with Mad Men?

come on writers WTF

>never EVER

inb4 hurr durr yur a faggit

>Zooby Zooby Zoo
What did she mean by this?

she wanted his dick whitman

>Why don't you sing like that?
>Why don't you look like him?
literally the best comeback I've ever seen

>Zou Bisou Bisou

>"We truly are mad men."

She was a big fan of pea soup

kill, marry, fuck, be best friends with, ummm be pen pals with

I'm finishing up my second watching, and holy fuck this show is perfect, bros.

Who is best girl and why is it Dawn?

>I just had some old lady call me a kike

kill peggy
marry don
fuck joan
be best friends with howard
be pen panls with pete

not howard, roger

>it's a Don treats Megan like shit episode

she had no idea what she was getting into kek

>it's a sally walks in on don porking a neighbor episode

How would you react, lads?

Be best friends with Roger
Fuck Joan
Marry Peggy
Kill Pete (guy never had a platonic male friend on the show that he didn't hate behind their backs)
Pen pals with Don

Rich, handsome ad guy infamous for his womanizing? She should've seen it coming.

she had the ride of a lifetime the ungrateful bitch, her and Betty

these are great choices right here, you truly are a Mad Man and win a rare Bertram Cooper

Bitch was living the good life and she's seen his wiener. She's fine.

I'm giving you a D- for this work
APPLY YOURSELF!

>If I wanted to see two negroes fight I'd throw a dollar bill out the window

Roger is literally and figuratively /our guy/

How does everyone feel about Betty's storyline towards the end. Basically everything goes to shit and she gets cancer. I need some perspective

Bert's Death Dance is my favorite television scene of all time

kill don
marry and divorce roger
fuck joan
be best friends with lane
be pen pals with ken

ignore peggy

That wasn't Roger who said it, that was the old secretary.

>not killing Peggy
Bitch abandoned her child.

Would you guys recommend this show to someone whose favorite series of all time is The Sopranos?

post Trudys

trudy was an A tier wife in the show tqhwy

she gave him to a nice family who wanted to adopt it's what Catholics used to do and it was good for everybody involved and no China/Russia orphanage craziness was needed

This show has no re-watch value whatsoever

I forgot about 90% of the story/characters

Try rewatching it

it has tons of rewatch value if you're not a bainlet

yes

she was the only faithful wife in a sea of whores

what the fuck was don's problem

Reminder that due to Brie's fappening pics we know that trudy was in fact wearing a sexy thong under her outfits

It's got tons of symbolism and dark humor like Sopranos. It's also centered on a complex anti-hero. I'd argue it's way more of a slower burn than Sopranos.

It was immoral. She was a whore.

>That scene
youtube.com/watch?v=FKgPTkIulEI
>Minute 1:05
How can a show be so perfect

Goddamn I hate Betty so much. Watched x-men first class the other day and I realized that my hate is going to stick with that actress forever (maybe because she doesn't play any other characters)

Why hate beddie? she was nuanced

>be best friends with howard

what a stark mistake

>How does everyone feel about Betty's storyline towards the end. Basically everything goes to shit and she gets cancer. I need some perspective

touching end to a mishandled character.

also unfair that everyone smokes and only she gets lung cancer. wtf? roger drinks like a fish, smokes, and has had two heart attacks, and the glorious bastard will probably live to 100. well, 75.

>awful parent
>awful wife
>het life's pretty good but she's always complaining

i thought it was weird how they made joan end up being such a repulsive person

felt like a weird 180

Childhood from hell.

also he's mid-20th century Gatsby.

Who was in the wrong here?

a HORRR

go back to sopranos thread, phil

when did this happen? I don't remember this happening.

She continued with her education, which was a metaphor for her finally taking control of her life. She ended things on her terms, which throughout the show was really what she wanted more than anything.

Isn't that the definition of rewatchable?

360. She started out unpleasant.

anyway she's not that bad. people just overidentify with Don and take it personally that she wanted him out of her life. Joan has a bittersweet end where she's finally achieved financial security for her child but throws away a chance at personal happiness to pursue career satisfaction.

are you guys forgetting she literally got knocked by another man while her husband was at war and lied to him about it

Why is every single Mad Men clip on youtube extremely low volume?

Joan's storyline was basically "I was born 10 years too early." She got jaded and thought the world was a certain way, because ya know it was in the 1950s. It served as a nice comparison with Peggy's storyline.

Marry Roger (old and loaded plus good convo)
Kill Peggy
Fuck Joan
Buds with Pete
Pen pals with Don (good with words)

I fee like in general the writers didn't know what to do with Betty.

>reddit spacing
>reddit opinion
All makes sense.

>She continued with her education, which was a metaphor for her finally taking control of her life. She ended things on her terms, which throughout the show was really what she wanted more than anything.

Yea that makes sense to me. Most of what she did was in a drive to be in control of her own life. Both Don and her father were very controlling and she resented it

her husband raped her did you forget? and she still tried to make it work, joan is nowhere near as unlikable as other characters on the show.

>husband rapes her
>leaves her for years on end
>has an opportunity to come back and actually be with his family but doesn't take it
>she finally gives up and leaves him for someone else
not really cheating desu

Not really. She barely changed from what I remember throught the whole show. It's just that during the middle she happened to be in a situation where she was on the sympathetic side, because her husband was a completely indefensible asshole, but she was always kinda selfish

>have Sup Forums opinions
>think not having Sup Forums opinions means you're not a regular poster here

someone seems a bit obsessed with outdated notions of society, ralphie

Honestly the reenlistment storyline seemed more like it was Joan wanting an excuse, any excuse, to give up on the marriage. Not that she didn't have valid reasons to give up on it, mind you, but her anger at him for reenlisting to help people shouldn't actually be applauded.

>I fee like in general the writers didn't know what to do with Betty.

Yeah. She didn't have much of a purpose once she left Don so she got stuck as horrible mom from hell.

Really? I thought she had one of the best arcs maybe. Raised to be a housewife from the moment she was born, when she clearly was everything but a housewife, and she only realizes that right before getting shat on by cancer. Tragic.

I was obsessed with this show until the season 5 premier when I realized it's the greatest soap opera ever created.

Betty on Italy adventure was a good example of the life she really wished she had.

>It's a Peggy is unsatisfied with the proposed copy and Don leaves work early episode

I think they definitely salvaged her arc towards the end, but there were long stretches of the show where the writers struggled to show her as a more fleshed out character and generally just wrote her as a one note soap opera bitch. And some of her subplots were just plain weird. A lot of times she felt like one of the least well-rounded major characters.

Which is not to say I think the idea of the character is bad, just that the writers didn't really get the most out of her.

Seasons 3-5 were magical

Hey Sup Forums.......
You are okay.

that might be every episode after season 2

I want to know how many men Christina Hendricks simulated sex with on the show.

no it's not this and /tpg/ are the only good threads on this entire board right now

user

You are okay.

thanks user you're probably a dickhead but right now I think you're pretty decent

will there ever be another professional relationship on television portrayed as effortlessly and as wonderfully as Don/Peggy?

youtube.com/watch?v=LruKCZkWVZY

Don was poison and it showed, he was great at his work, when he actually gave a shit, but he was WAY too unstable and almost destroyed their company.

>*slams down file

Freddy was one of my favorite side characters, desu.

He had such a great arc.