TFW I cured my crippling depression in two days with 10 dollars

TFW I cured my crippling depression in two days with 10 dollars.

When I say depression, I mean it, i'm talking can't get out of bed constant dark thoughts can't crack a smile constant anxiety depression. After doing a little research I found out something and decided to give it a try. I used to abuse dxm back when I was younger and I noticed I felt great the following week or so. Well, I was on to something because now they are researching it as a rapid antidepressent. It works sort of like an instant ssri among doing a bunch of other things.

What I did was take 60 mg dextromethoraphan once a day and switched to drinking only organic green tea. I'm on the second day, and this is gonna sound like bullshit, but I am hearing happy songs in my head now, like actual positive thoughts and it's so new to me I find myself resisting it. I don't know the long term effects, but the whole point is to get you to a good place, jump start your brain and then stop taking it.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21367535
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anticholinergic#Examples
healthnewsline.net/common-cold-flu-medicines-may-shrink-brain-dementia-risk-study/2535182/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4358759/
archinte.jamanetwork.com/mobile/article.aspx?articleid=2091745
precisionnutrition.com/rr-green-tea-hazards
stalkingriskprofile.com/what-is-stalking/stalking-and-mental-illness
webmd.com/alzheimers/news/20160215/widely-used-heartburn-drugs-linked-to-dementia-risk-in-study
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24587167
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Sup Forums was the only place this depressing bastard could come to share his new pharma knowledge

Mate, I do hope you get better and get some fucking friends.

Feel better man and don't rule out seeing a doctor for prescription antidepressants.

Really? After I took dextro, I joined a bronze age mystery cult.

I wouldn't do that, that's exactly why this is so significant and was actually the whole point. You don't need that shit, it's poison. I've been withdrawals enough to know I want no part in ssris or maois.

Yeah, that can happen lol. But i'm talking about a dose you don't feel, it's not enough to catch any sort of buzz at all.

> feel sad
> take drugs
> feel happy
> drugs wear off
> feel sad

Be careful user

I've been down that route, this isn't what this is. It's not a "high", it's a better alternative to ssris and maois that you don't need to spend a shit load of money on going to a doctor and getting a prescription for.

The point is now I can start working, being active, doing things to get my endorphins working naturally, then I can stop taking it. You aren't supposed to keep taking stuff like this.

I've had this my whole life, and it's gone in 2 days, that's all I know.

Thanks for sharing. I can use your knowledge to help others.

>Forget to take prozac for 3 days
>Not getting out of bed until the family is asleep then staying up until 7am
I need to get some of this stuff. Prozac just gives a tiny little boost personally but fuck the withdrawals, even a few days is hell despite being a low dose.

At least I have marjuana to help offset it, ironically helps clear me head from the depression, until I sober up.

Try heroin. Trust me.

>hey guys I cured the symptom of my problem with a surface solution
>I call myself redpilled

90% of prescriptions, ESPECIALLY ssris, are both addictive and fuck with all sorts of hormone production. Depression and anxiety "meds" are basically very weak doses of drugs with the same intended effect as MDMA or ecstasy.

The side effects for those types of drugs are often worse than the conning they are intended to treat.

The fact is, we don't know enough about the delicate balance of hormones in the human mind to properly diagnose and treat mental illnesses, so a lot of times the depression meds we give people are going to be worse than just providing counseling and prescribing exercise and/or physical therapy.

>conning
Conditions

>muricans on dextromethoraphanbenzedryldioxiomoronoidpharmaphaiodentropexill
You guys are a fucking waste

Coffee is my antidepressant desu

>I'm on the second day
Freakin long term study. Time to publish user.

Tried everything else, never called myself anything.

>Hey guys I know fuckall about drugs and depression
>I rather people be depressed
>I don't understand some people have an imbalance that isn't related to outside circumstances
>I call myself redpilled

Go play pokemon go or something, us jaded adults are talking.

Did I say it was a long term study? Are you on pcp? Where did I say that?

The whole point Shekels Bernstein is that it worked in 2 days as opposed to weeks vs an ssri.

Why the fuck are you using a corticosteroid for depression?

Um, it's not a corticosteroid you potato, it's a dissiociative anesthetic.

You can't even use google correctly, baka.

anticholinergic drugs are linked with dementia, parkinsons, and alzheimer's.

they literally shrink your brain. taking it everyday is not good.

Yeah its 5am I misread you sorry.

>m-muh imbalances
woah, depression is chemically manifested in one's body who would've thought
now be honest, what exactly do you mean by 'everything else'

Except it's not an anticholinergic drug....

You are confusing triple cs which contain chloral maleate, people abuse these for the dxm. We are talking about DEXTROMETHORAPHAN and nothing else.

Meditation, having a house, car, girlfriend, good job, being in shape, having everything I want. Does that cover it?

you are self medicating with drugs
that is risky
on the other hand its at least more enjoyable than failed prescriptions that don't listen to you
be careful

>implying going to a doctor and taking a prescription isn't self medicating
>only another fallible human can tell me what to put in my own body

how long are you meditating?

My point being is that i'm not depressed because of x or y, i'm just fucking depressed and I shouldn't be.

Example, something bad just happened, I am depressed. = no

I have everything I want and I still feel like shit = yes

Long enough to go into a lucid dreaming state.

How about you don't take drugs and handle your problems like a man?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anticholinergic#Examples

Enjoy your chemical castration. DXM abuse is irreversible.

>>I don't understand some people have an imbalance that isn't related to outside circumstances

Yes, because people have their brain chemistry checked and their "depression" objectively diagnosed before they're given these poisons.

no, depression happens because you have low EQ, not because of external circumstances

healthnewsline.net/common-cold-flu-medicines-may-shrink-brain-dementia-risk-study/2535182/

>In their study, the Indiana scientists found that two of the key ingredients ‘promethazine’ and ‘diphenhydramine’ widely used in these medicines were causing a reduction in brain functioning and smaller brain sizes.

>The study says that a class of drugs called anticholinergics, are linked to mental impairment and increased risk for dementia through brain imaging. The common anticholinergic drugs include certain over-the-counter and prescription drugs, like Benadryl, Tylenol PM and Advil PM, Demerol, Dimetapp, Dramamine, Paxil, Unisom, VESIcare etc.

Every person I knew who'd robotrip looked as if they had an extra chromosome or two.

>abuse
>60mg

TOPKEK

Maybe because I don't have any problems and I still feel like shit? Hmmm, let me see, what's better, feeling like shit, or not feeling like shit. You don't have depression? Good for you, fuck off.

I'm not here to debate this, all i'm telling you is I have really really bad clinical depression and now it's gone taking a dose slightly above what you would take for a cough.

People we aren't talking about doses that get you high or would cause problems that "abuse" would, 300 mg is a low recreational dose. We are talking about 60 mg.

You expect him to change the fucked up world he lives in or change himself?

confused your drug with dmt lol
usually OPs post "i took some psychedelic drugs and now I'm no longer depressed"
sorry

Again sweetie, we are talking about DEXTROMETHORAPHAN, NOTHING ELSE.

They sell them in preparations that have ONE active ingredient, and that is DXM, nothing else. Get it? Got it? Good.

Stop kneejerking and googling shit, it's embarrassing.

change himself obviously
the world is as it should be, you just have to accept it, doesn't mean you stop caring, it means you stop ressinsting the inevitable

So you went from saying DXM isn't anticholinergic to rationalizing for yourself that 60mg a day isn't abuse when you aren't using it as intended? It's cumulative.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4358759/

Dextromethorphan is anticholinergic, doesn't matter if it's bound by anything else, you senile drug addicted faggot.

For clarification, this is what we are talking about here. Not triple cs, not cold medicines, not flu medicines. COUGH MEDICINE that has ONE active ingredient.

Former robotripper degenerate here. Although 60mg is small, DXM tolerance goes up quick in my experience. You may find yourself upping the dosage regularly.

Yes, and taking two tylenol will cause liver failure. I have deposited 20 sheckles into your account.

Because i'm talking about taking this for lifetime and not a few weeks....

archinte.jamanetwork.com/mobile/article.aspx?articleid=2091745

>Conclusions and RelevanceHigher cumulative anticholinergic use is associated with an increased risk for dementia. Efforts to increase awareness among health care professionals and older adults about this potential medication-related risk are important to minimize anticholinergic use over time.

>had a cold
>took robotussin
>now i have dementia

No. Taking it for a few weeks isn't going to do shit.

You fought depression all those years while acquiring a life.

I think this proves male superiority.

Good job by the way, man.

Damage is done, buddy. Whether it's Tussin or straight Promethazine, they're all anticholinergic - meant to clear mucus from the bronchial cavities and they'll cumulatively stay in your system long after use. Drawing parallels with aspirin and its intended use is a moot point, especially when you're not snorting aspirin to treat your depression, "sweetie."

Who calls anyone "sweetie" online? Are you a pedophile?

At least someone gets it. Wtf is this stupid shit, you have depression so you are automatically x and y?

I just have it, that's how it is, that's how it's always been, this is my reality, I understand it might not be all of yours, but it's mine, ok?

I'll take a 0.1 chance of dementia later in life (who says I make that far anyway) over not being able to enjoy and really live life.

Haven't you people caught on by now? Everything is bad for you, everything causes increased risk of something, you have to use common sense and weigh the positives against the negatives.

*cough*

You don't snort dxm.....

"Who calls anyone "sweetie" online? Are you a pedophile?"

Me, when I want to trigger people like you. MIssion accomplish, the point was to feminize you.

>cure your (((depression))) and shrink your brain in these easy steps: the thread!
stop being a bitch

Yes, because everybody who takes allergy medicine is now doomed to be a street walking zombie.

How many sheckles do you get paid?

What about people with severe allergies? Stop being a pussy and just live with them? Antihistimines have a WAY stronger anti-cholinergic effects, yet everybody who takes allergy medicine isn't a potato.

Lots of shilling going on here, can't fuck with big pharma.

>inb4 dxm is big pharma

>grammatical errors
>incessant backpedaling
>confirmation bias
>appeal to pity "boo hoo I'm depressed so I'll abuse cough syrup"
You sound like a faggot.

DXM is pretty well tolerated from low dosages. If you want to rant about the dangers of it, you should have picked olneys lesions which haven't even been proven for other drugs

There's been research over here about using ketamine for this use OP. They got good results but I haven't heard anything further. Probably BUT MUH CHILLENS shit, like fucking Prozac or xanax is better lol

>60mg
>abuse

TOPKEK

Why are you here? Fuck off kike, i'm trying to help people here. I'm right you're wrong deal with it.

>herp derp muh grammar error on fucking Sup Forums
>everything irrelevant

Alternative is
>cure your depression with this little pill that will cause electric shocks in your brain if you stop taking it too quickly

No no goy, you're supposed to take the pills

dude, you're so triggered that someone called you out on your shitshow

no one but YOU is replying to my posts, I provided studies and backed my points up

you're the one who's going to the jew hand open for the easy way out by drinking cough syrup

depression is psychological problem, alergy is not

Exactly, ding ding ding, we have a redpiller.

Damn, you really are working for those sheckles huh?

Kikes gon kike.

60mg is about twice the regular dose. Abuse starts at roughly 150 - 200mg depending on weight

A dose of 200 is probably equivalent to a few beers.

Sure, if you're doing a gram too often, you'll get your shit fucked up but try that with literally any drug and you'll get roughly the same

You don't have depression, you have a dick up your ass.

Enjoy your dementia, you fucking idiot.

The point.
Your head.

>takes a tylenol
>enjoy your liver failure

EVERYTHING IS SCARY EVERYTHING IS BAD

Wait, so what you're saying is that everything can be bad and that we should use moderation and common sense? Radical.

>In 2010, the FDA approved the combination product dextromethorphan/quinidine for the treatment of pseudobulbar affect (emotional lability).[9] The combination is also under investigation for the treatment of a variety of other neurological and neuropsychiatric conditions, such as agitation associated with Alzheimer's disease and major depressive disorder.[9] Dextromethorphan is the actual therapeutic agent in the combination; quinidine merely serves to inhibit the enzymatic degradation of dextromethorphan and thereby increase its circulating concentrations via inhibition of CYP2D6.

Shit, someone get the FDA on the line, they approved a drug that can possibly have side effects of taken for an extended period exactly how they're prescribing it. You'd think they'd do medical trials on this shit!

Trips don't lie. OP out.

I'm feeling the best i've felt in years, and you fuckers are bringing me down. I'm gonna enjoy this new feeling now. PEACE

you're still treating symptoms and not addressing the underlying problem which is that your psychology and EQ sucks
and this will backfire on you sooner or later

The cognitive dissonance that you've demonstrated in this thread won't go unnoticed, you drug addled numale.

You are bipolar and are entering a manic episode. The fact that you "had everything" and still had severe major depression, and now you suddenly feel great strongly suggests this. Mania often comes on rapidly.

See a psychiatrist as soon as possible. Because you are manic you won't follow this advice because mania short-circuits your brain's ability to error-correct, but when you begin to crash, and you will, seek help as soon as possible.

Look up the symptoms of mania.

See a psychiatrist.

See a psychiatrist.

See a psychiatrist.

So you have a residual effect. Great. You'll be back to how you were soon without your drug.

>cures his lifelong treatment-resistant depression in 2 days with cough syrup
>bipolar
>not schizophrenic, possibly sociopathic recommending cough syrup to people who are depressed
The fact that he's shriveling up his brain with an anticholinergic isn't helping, either. Scrambled eggs.

Well he's on Sup Forums unironically so it's 88% certain he's a sociopath.

It's possible that he isn't bipolar and just has unipolar major depression and is having a psychotic episode by fucking up his brain. Either way he needs to get to a psychiatrist immediately.

Are the shills still here? Damn.

That's not how bipolar works. So being happier than I was 2 days ago = manic? So people with bipolar go 30+ years and have one manic episode? MMmk.

Everything is not rainbows and unicorns, i'm just in a lot better place than I was. Your comprehension skills seem to be impaired. Let me dumb it down for you again.

You take a 60mg or lower dose for a period of a FEW WEEKS.

You get to a better place.

You stop taking it.

Again, it's better than the alternative.

If somebody recommended green tea would you say that's sociopathic? No, what's sociopathic is you kneejerking and spreading disinformation.

precisionnutrition.com/rr-green-tea-hazards

>implying I come here more than once in a blue moon
>implying people shouldn't take advice from someone on pol
>is on pol

Drinking green tea? Fucking degenerate scum, enjoy your auto immune deficiency, have fun dying from a common cold.

>ctrl-f placebo
>0 results
placebo effect

I thought you were leaving.

>0 knowledge on the matter
>didn't read posts
>doesn't understand pharmacology
>shitpost

I thought maybe you'd leave if I pretended to, but you're so petty that you stuck around. You're a weirdo, you know that? I think you may have schizophrenia, you should get to a doctor asap.

stalkingriskprofile.com/what-is-stalking/stalking-and-mental-illness

i always take dayquil when i get bad anxiety from what i think is ulcer induced? usually after drinking a fifth of whiskey or wine and it works like a charm

You're right, I only came this far down in this thread to see this reply and I have no intention of looking around. This is also a shitpost ;^)

>purported knowledge of pharmacology
>claims DXM isn't an anticholinergic
>self-medicating his depression with cough syrup
>burrowing into a hole when other posters call him out on the mania being displayed
>gangstalking
>MY LIFE IS IN DANGER BY ANONYMOUZE!
This is the most amusing thread I've seen on Sup Forums all morning.

You sure the anxiety isn't from alcohol withdrawal? Why are you drinking with an ulcer?

its an acute peptic ulcer i think i dont drink enough to have withdrawl (1-2 times a week). but sometimes i go overboard and drink a fifth and i get a pain in my stomach and black poo (kek). so an ulcer i think. also the ulcer lasts about 3-5 days with the anxiety after drink that much
> tfw alcoholic kind of

>Is miserable
>triggered by others not being miserable
>time to shill

When did I say I knew about pharmacology? I didn't, you seem to be having a manic episode, you are having delusions.

>people drinking cough syrup for depression
>people drinking alcohol with stomach ulcers
Sup Forums is like a Darwinian experiment in realtime, it's amazing.

yeah people like us should Periscope ourselves in our struggle against autism n such.

Yeah, it's so crazy, it's not like it will be a mainstream treatment along with ketamine in the future.

kneejerkers gon jerk.

Black poo is not good, that means you have internal bleeding it might not even be your stomach. Get it checked out?

You may not be delirium tremens level alcoholic but if you are drinking with an ulcer, that's bad. That's a hallmark of addiction, doing something despite the physical harm or negative impact on your life. You can bleed out from that, especially since alcohol thins your blood, be careful user.

Do you take proton pump inhibitors? Junkie scum, enjoy your dementia.

webmd.com/alzheimers/news/20160215/widely-used-heartburn-drugs-linked-to-dementia-risk-in-study

nah i mostly abuse alcohol, weed, and NSAID which is like what most normal people do even then its not all the time thanks for the thoughts tho.....

Heres one of the more recent studies for anyone confused by the kike jew pharma shills.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24587167

Hmm what does that first line say?

Game, set, match.

Happiness 1
Shills 0

You abuse NSAIDS? You wut m9?

Having read the whole thread, OP you sound like you're just an asshole.
You're rude, probably not very pleasant to be around, and an all around jerk.

The Russian was probably correct about the low EQ.

I concur. This guy is much too confrontational, and it's not DXM that would have done it. He's just an asshole.

>mfw was awake all last night in a perpetual anxiety attack for no reason
>finally get to sleep around 4am
>wake up at 8am with same / possibly worse anxiety sweating my balls off in bed
>at least i dont have to go to work since its saturday

I was being a bit of an asshole, i'm not oblivious :D. When dealing with assholes sometimes you have to speak their language. I will treat you as you treat me, that's basically how I am. You think this is my real personality? You have to take everything with a grain of salt here, I don't actually believe everyone here is a white supremacist for example, it's just a lot of people venting.

I've honestly never been called an asshole in my entire life. It's also completely irrelevant, assholes can be depressed to.

>inb4 you don't go outside

It took you 5 posts to start insulting everybody

Have you tried kava? I'd stay away from xanax, i'm not fear mongering or anything, if it works for you well fine, but that shit is some bad news.

Everybody? Hardly. If someone starts leaving cute little passive aggressive remarks to me, i'm not gonna be polite to them.

I'll be honest, I haven't spent too much time on this board, so i'm not sure what the climate is like here. When half the threads are about "niggers", "kikes" and hitler though I don't think it's too crazy of me to assume it's a little chaotic and hostile. Isn't it?

i dont take anything
it comes and goes mainly although its been lingering lately
i dont know what triggers it.