Post some pretentious movies

Post some pretentious movies.

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/name/nm0634240/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First elaborate on why this film is pretentious. I bet you can't.

It insists on itself.

I could. But I don't really want to and I think it's pretty obvious.

Now post more pretentious movies. I love to hate watch that cringy shit.

It pretends to be smarter than it actually is.

It pretends to show you "the real deal" about the movie business even though it was made by some worthless spic.

>if i make characters pose like paintings and make them say phrases that make them sound smart maybe people will think my movie is smart

i fucking hate capeshit

mad capeshitter?

>Spiderman's beard's dad just fell out of a window
>Instead of rushing to his dead body or crying, she looks up at the sky and smiles as if she sees him even though she doesn't because BELIEVE IT
Only thing I know about this movie, sounds pretentious to me.

Now this tried to show itself as something full of depth when it was just another capeshit on the list.

If you've ever had anything to do with stage theatre it doesn't come across as pretentious in the slightest.
Masterpiece of a movie.

But he's now in the Hollywood movie business, so what gives?

wesanderson.jpg

he's in there for political correctness, he isn't really part of the real hollywood business.

Are all stage actor self important cunts? I mean the answer is probably yes, but I don't wan't to see a movie that doesn't make fun of them.

Anything by Berman, Tarkovsky, Godard and Lynch.

>elaborate on why this film is pretentious
>he just says the definition
Lmao. You don't know shit, just like every single person using this fucking buzzword.

>9fag spacing

Just fuck off already.

No it doesn't. It's about the theatre, in New York. It's about an aging film star but doesn't purport to say anything about the industry aside from comments about capeshit and social media.

>reddit spacing
>9gag
Kys

>9fag redditor is getting mad

The fact that people dislike this movie is all the proof I need to know it really tapped into something deep. Fans and critics of capeshit find its message upsetting all the same, kind of amazing

>*Bergman
no
>Tarkovsky
no
>Godard
yes
>Lynch
no (for the most part)

Being a contrarian isn't something positive, user.

Are you talking about me or the movie? Either way it's not necessarily something "negative" either.

It definitely is bad when you like something specifically because other people don't like it.

kek okay pleb

>implying
I enjoyed this movie in theaters before I heard any opinions about it, it was before I even browsed Sup Forums. The continued butthurt seems rather telling to me though.

>Why do you act like a dick all the time?
>Do you just do it to antagonize people?

>Maybe.

>You really don't give a shit if people like you or not.

>Not really.

>That's cool.

This is an actual, unironic conversation from Birdman, Academy Award winner for best picture.

He was lying, and she was vapidly attracted to him.

Aaand what do you know this thread is dead. I have yet to read any valid criticisms of this movie on this board.

Don't mind me posting the superior version

nah dude you're just a pleb lol

>Wow. So, uh, you gonna be ready?

>How do you mean that? I'm always ready... for you.

This is an actual, unironic conversation from Birdman, Academy Award winner for best picture.

yes, and?

t. capeshit enthusiast

The first half with the resort was pretty interesting. The second half with the rebels was a snoozefest. The final sequence was an interesting cliffhanger - did he go through with it?

t. inarritu

I like it a bunch but the whole "Umm no it's actually commentary on the political climate in Serbia" was some pretentious shit. It's a gore movie, shut up.

>about the movie business
>actually about proving self worth as an artist

Films woman will never understand general i guess

ITT: people mad about movies they didn't get

don't worry guys, I used to get mad about not getting a movie too back when I was 14

t. Zacc Snyder

oh actually I just saw birdman and the lobster. BvS is pretty pretentious

only the women and the niggers, don't even get me started on the women niggers.

fuck this movie is so boring and dumb

>"being an actor is so hard" - the movie

You just got tricked into thinking it was a good movie because the camera work was pretty good. It was actually just Hollywood jerking itself of in front of you. And you ate it all up.

prepare to get nuked by "you're just too young to understand it" replies

Fuck off that movie is beautiful

I could only handle 30 minutes of this. Fuck this piece of shit.

Simultaneously the message is also
>actors are incredibly full of shit
Not a complete circle jerk, tongue-in-cheek at best.

imdb.com/name/nm0634240/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

>How do you do it?
>Go out there every single night and pretend to be somebody else in front of all those people?

ACTING IS SO HARD! WHY WON'T THE PLEBS BUY MORE TICKETS?
BTW FUCK DRUMPF YOU FUCKING HILLBILLIES

It could have been fine if had an ounce of self-awareness.

>disembowelment opening scene

you made it longer than me

are you retarded? it was extremely self aware, and poked fun at actors a tonne of times (e.g. Edward Nortons entire character). I think you're the one who lacks self awareness user, especially with that Sup Forumsbait non-sequiter

You're just too young to understand it

That one long shot going from the main stage all the way to the dressing rooms was amazing. iirc Zach G was really nervous he wouldnt get the comedic timing of the shot right, and they'd have to film it several times because of him. He managed to get it down right on the first take

>He managed to get it down right on the first take
Oh my G-d. That is SO amazing. Actors truly are the most important, intelligent and hard working members of our society.
We should definitely make more movies about actors. And give them all the awards of course.

Fuck, man. I already jacked off today.

how can you like movies but hate actors?

We should definitely reward those who accomplish something difficult.

>I could
>but I can't
More proof that most people spouting "pretentious" are using it solely as a buzzword.

I fucking hate movies.

>giving him a (You)

jesus christ, get your head out of your ass

you must be a riot in public

>giving him a (You)
As opposed to the 31 posters ITT who posted without saging and reporting OP's low-effort thread?

Bait. Chances are, your favorite American director loves this film. Malick does, Scorsese does, and many more

Famous directors like a shitty movie? Must be good after all. Hollywood people are better than us normal folks, they know better.

Fuck off you contrarian shit eater, it's not my fault you cannot enjoy actual movies

>every film addressing meta themes of filmmaking, movie writing or a director's life is pretentious
I think I understand what is being meant, but they're really not, although when they are, they REALLY are

I liked it because it actually took shots at both sides but the ending was shit. That's the only bit of the movie I'd call pretentious.

Since you know so much than Terrance Malick, explain in detail what makes it pretentious.

You can do that with just about every modern movie. It's dishonest and doesn't mean jackshit.

Also, Boyhood was the better movie of that year.

Holy shit you people just look for excuses to be mad at things.

This seemed so interesting, but the first half was just boring and the second half went full DUDE SO SURREAL LMAO mode. Worst movie of 2015.

I bet you unironically watch superhero movies, and get angry when a film tries to be anything more than something to turn your brain off to.

To 90% of posts ITT I say thus: Not an argument.

This is the only movie ever I have not been able to finish.

>make a film about the struggles of being an artist
>base it on your own life.
> have the protagonist's death be an elaborately staged musical number

Still one of my favorite films tbqh famalam

Innaritu fucking blows

Innaritu is amazing, but this movie is one of the most overrated flicks ever created. Amazing cinematography though. And DiCaprio should have gotten an Oscar for Wolf of Wall Street, but not for this shit. Tom Hardy deserved the Oscar way more than him.

>A character who is a shithead talks shit
>A character who is an impressionable young woman is impressed by such shit

I bet you just got mad because he got laid.

>one of the most overrated flicks ever created

How exactly? Just because it got good reviews and some Oscar nominations?

bait

This. I would have just been insulted if I were DiCaprio if THIS was the movie I won an oscar for.

And the cinematography was very lazy, predictable and cliche to me

>she will never puke after smelling your smegma
why live?

Do you think he realized the movie was about himself?

let's not pretend that he hasn't done several movies exclusively in order to please the oscar academy. He's not exactly an auteur. He has become an oscar hunter.

Is this a family guy reference?

Now this is a real answer. OP is just a pleb.

How the fuck is Tarkovsky pretentious?

overlong movies with overlong scenes of people having 2deep4u conversations

congratulations on missing the point of an entry level oscar movie you retard