Meh. Not scary but some cool ideas I guess

Meh. Not scary but some cool ideas I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oKManp7sjqM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

CLOWN'D

Better adventure movie than a horror movie. The kid actors were the best part. Replace that faggot CGI clown with Tim Curry or similar performance and this movie would have been 10/10

>tfw she cucked the fat kid

Better than the 90s made for TV movie. Good acting, decent story, a solid enough movie. 7.5-8.

>one bad bit of cgi near the start
>hurr why was the clown 100% cgi
fuck off

She's such a fucking slut. Book Beverly is even more of a slut.

7/10 movie
8/10 horror movie
9/10 IT movie

IT had no real character which was a shame. Too hokey, but not in the good, Tim Curry way

I didn't think it was that scary but it was the first time in a while that I've been legitimately entertained by a 'horror' movie. Would have like more creepy scenes that didn't involve Pennywise, like the book in the library.

>cool ideas
>flick is based on something else

Did you even see the movie? Literally 90% of the "scary parts" are CGI.
Do your parents know what a colossal dumbass you are?

library scene was great desu
there was a real "what the fuck is going on" feel to the headless zombie thing
similar to when pennywise suddenly popped out of the projector as a 20 foot talk super clown

Yeah the projector scene was a real wtf moment when he went giant sized

what i'm saying is the only bit of actual bad cgi was when he bites georgies arm off
the rest was well done, especially the bit where he unpacks himself from the fridge
this isn't the kind of film where you can have 90% practical effects on the villian if you want them to feel as unnatural as they are

>asthma kid is alone in the kitchen of the old spooky house
>It comes out of a tiny refrigerator
>It un-twists himself
>It jumps in the air and clicks his heels together
>"Time to float!!!"

IT was overall but I feel like they changed too many things that didn't need to be.

>Let's add fan favorite character Patrick Hockstetter, but then don't shoot any of his actual scenes and just give him a generic death
>Use Bev to lure the kids into IT's lair but then also have the plot of IT using Henry to chase them into IT's lair, makes no sense
>Almost all magic and mysticism removed
>Henry more than likely dead which causes issues with the sequel

>the rest was well done, especially the bit where he unpacks himself from the fridge
Because him coming out of the fridge wasn't CGI for the most part, Bill learned from a contortionist how to do it.

>not scary
Wrong

Every zombie scene, and painted lady scene looked just as hokey. That fridge scene was dope though.

I really dug how they did that scene. I wouldn't really call it scary but I felt pretty uncomfortable watching him dance.

They really did a lot of cool stuff with this movie and I appreciate them for it.

this movie is going to popularise camera stabilisation as a gimmick in horror movies for the next 10 years, screencap this

Inb4 Henry pulls a Gandalf.

>Use Bev to lure the kids into IT's lair but then also have the plot of IT using Henry to chase them into IT's lair, makes no sense

I am assuming they are setting him up for Chapter 2.

Yeah no real super natural shit but what can you do. We saw the balls of light in his mouth and they made a Drider reference at the end. That Bev hypnosis shit was dope all around

I just got back from the theater and I don't know what you guys mean by "the fridge scene". Explain?

Well he would have white hair...

Been a while since I read the book. Remind me, what was Henry doing when they were adults?

aww shieet, i thought they would include hockstetters death scene, flying leeches and all.
iam legit disappointed.

He breaks out of an insane asylum and then tries to murder the losers. Stabs Mike pretty bad and breaks Eddie's arm again.

Kind of hard to set him up for chapter 2 when he most likely died falling down that well.

its when three of the kids are in the spooky house, and one of them gets separated after falling through the floor and breaking his arm. It appears crushed into a ball inside a fridge, and slowly "unpacks" himself by twisting his limbs and torso around and shit

Some cool, 30 year old ideas

In the "crackhouse," IT is folded up in a small fridge and unfolds himself out of it.

Ahh, vaguely remember that. No way he survived that fall though.

>8/10 horror movie
But where's the horror, Buckley?

Fuck I can't believe I can't remember that.

I also loved how in the background out of focus you can see the librarian deadass staring at Mike and smiling while he looked through the book. Love little details like that.

My biggest gripe is the tone is all wrong. In the book the kids trust each other completely and really show true affection and love for each other, they never fight a single time. In the movie the almost constant in fighting, the breaking up, all of that stuff just goes completely counter to one of the main themes of the book.

>Henry falls through the well, gets his fall broken by the tower of bodies
>gets found amongst dozens of dead bodies, police blame him for the murders
>put in asylum
this is my guess
i dont see them writing henry completely out of the story

Kind of hard to tell it's a fridge to be fair.

This shit is on par with the Hobbit's GoPro barrel scene, you should eat a fucking brick if you think this is scary.

Agreed. They wouldn't be that stupid. And his actual death is not shown, just implied so they can do a shocking return.

That was Ben.

Oh right, my bad.

It wasn't scary but it was surreal and slightly uncomfortable which is appropriate for the scene.

>MEH ITS NOT SCARY SO ITS BAD

Why is everyone so pleb when it comes to horror? 90%+ horror is not scary.

I'd gangbang her with my bros if I had bros

spoopy/10

I actually found Georgie's scene a little tasteless. The moment isn't supposed to be scary, specifically. It's also supposed to be sad and unsettling. Mike had a cool scene right after though so I forgave them

>captures her and drags her to his lair to scare her

>This is what it came up with.

The whole audience wouldn't shut the fuck up.

>AHHHHHH XDD
>HAHAHAHAHA
>EEEEWWWWWWW
>OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>YEAH WOOOOO
>*clapping*
Want to know what made it worse? Two seats from me was a guy vaping and he did it the whole movie. I could smell it damn well.

I didn't like anything they did with Mike. Killing his parents for no reason so we don't get his comfy relationship with his dead, removing Henry killing Mr. Chips, Mike pussies out and doesn't want to be part of the group.

it was a train where they took turns. gangbangs are where they all go at her at the same time

I really liked it up until the bite. I thought Skarsgard did a good job there with his child-like shtick. That shock-value attempt of him biting the arm off felt weird though.

why didn't you throw popped corn at him?

>bashing this
It's legitimately disturbing to look at. The disconnect between the emotions of Pennywise's face and his dancing are what make it so effective.

they basically removed some of the biggest character elements of mike and gave them to ben. i can understand the justification for it though.
>bens thing was that he was real good at building shit
>the dam scene is a big part of this in the book
>the dam scene doesn't really accelerate the plot at all apart from giving characterisation to Ben, so they cut it because they had so much other shit to show
>they need to give Ben characterisation because he's one of the more "main" members of the gang, with the whole love triangle thing
>so they made him the history nerd instead of mike, and put together the dead parents thing for mike so that he had SOMETHING

They could have done the dam scene instead of the pointless and gratuitous quarry scene. Solves several problems.

The orange clouds behind him represent It's true form in the books (a fucking orange gas cloud from another dimension).

Grow some balls and tell him to put the fag-vape away. People like you piss me off more than the people in the theater using their phone or vaping etc. because you're so passive aggressive that you complain about it later instead of confronting the issue like a man.

I can't remember, does Ben get adult Bev in the book?

Was this in the trailer? Or are the cams out yet? I was just wondering how this gif is floating around already (I am not very smart about how these things work)

its a shitty cam rip

Bill sleeps with her but in the end Ben and Bev drive away together.

>Rock quarry scene
>Pointless
I beg your pardon.

So reverse cuck?

What did it accomplish that they couldn't have done with the dam scene instead?

>They wouldn't be that stupid

Why not? This is Hollywood

No cuck. Stop using that word when you don't know what it means.

needs a pennuwise version

You know why.

Make me, bitch boi.

i'm so fucking glad they almost completely cut the "beep beep richie" thing
i have never fucking gotten that, no matter how many times i read the book do i understand what the fuck that means

Gotcha, thanks user

They go to lengths to show Georgie get his arm ripped off, but don't show the most hated antagonist brutally killed, I just don't buy it? He fell into a dark hole and everyone thinks he is dead... Perfect set up for sequel return. And not every studio is equally shitty in Hollywood.

youtu.be/oKManp7sjqM

literally the monster from Mama

I was so glad they included it.

It's a reference to the road runner, because Richie's mouth is off running again.

The leper was practical ironically

Well that didn't take long.

You're actually retarded

When was it in the film? I don't remember.

How do you not remember "TIME TO FLOAT!!!"

I laughed my goddamn ass off.

>that part where IT shapeshifter from Georgie into Pennywise

The way Pennywise moves and contorts his body in this was really well done.

IT says it.

What the FUCK was her problem?

Even without the Gangham Style music that scene looks bad in a comical way.

Literally Sup Forums in real life, she was trying to kill the jewboy

If you wanna see Curry so bad, go watch the garbage miniseries. New clown is just fine.

this was the only one of Its forms i found genuinely unsettling

>frowning while dancing is scary
kys yourself

>the director's family had a painting like this in their house

What the fuck is wrong with Argentinians.

They literally stole this from Junji Ito.

Why did they sexualize Bev so much?

>Flirting with the pharmacist
>Gratuitous stripping at the quarry
>All the boys ogling her as she sunbathes
>Numerous low-angle shots of her from behind
>That fucking key necklace between her breasts
It's like the Director/Producers really wanted to show off the girl they got to rail back in their trailers.

whatisthisahorrormangaforants.jpg

no they literally literally stole it from Mama

Losers in the book
>I love Big Bill, I would do anything for him. I would die for him if he asked me to
Losers in the movie
>Fuck you Bill and fuck your dead brother, we're not friends anymore. I hate you

How did they fuck this up so bad?