What a fucking mess

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cKIknPg9ecs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

there were so many cool individual elements of this movie and fucking none of them came together in a meaningful way.

It wouldn't be so aggravating if the potential wasn't there

Sums up how I felt.

I liked it

I didn't hate it, it was just.. too much. They should've put "seizure warning" on the poster too.

Residue did the Lovecraft thing much better.

youtube.com/watch?v=cKIknPg9ecs

>le son of cthulu looks like that other monster you saw

Missed opportunity

I think the main problem with The Void is that it is far too erratic in how it chooses to focus on its content. The idea of them passing over too a realm beyond standard geometry was cool, but the sudden entrance of the Cthulhu elements felt off. It needed to linger on the cult aspect a bit more, less on the family drama, and be more of a detective story, since that is typically how Lovecraft's narrators uncover the cosmic horror.

Tedious movie

turned it off when the old guy with the rifle and mute guy walked into the hospital. WTF weren't there a bunch of KKK's out there and now they just walk in that easily?

Dude they had a gun and probably shot ALL THE KKKs think moron don't you ever have a gun before?

Agreed. Too many elements made it a mess.

Hope it gets remade soon

The visuals were awesome at times, but the narrative content felt like a 20-something's stoned attempt at Lovecraft and the acting was horrible. It felt like a student film with a bigger budget than it should have had. I really wanted to like it but I just couldn't get past all of the horrible character decisions and lack of narrative cohesion.

They "fought their way in"

stop advertising your awful low-budget movie here

Any other films like this besides that don't just throw you into the thick of it? Since that seems to be the main objection.

AM1200, an user recommended it to me yesterday in a lovecraft thread and I enjoyed it. It's only 35 min long

I was enjoying it up until the doctor turned into an MCU villain.

This a hundred times. The cult stuff, the practical effects, the setting, the tone. They had a lot of great tools. But they didn't have the script, the acting, the cinematography.

>less on the family drama
b-but how can I relate?

This was doomed from the start. It may as well have been a visual effects demo tape. A testament to the importance of having a decent fucking script. Just another shitty horror movie that thought it could get away with having little to nothing going on in its narrative as long as it had a decent tone.

I've been recommending this at every opportunity. It's a surprisingly great 40 minutes. The flashlight scene was a level of creepiness we don't normally get in horror movies these days.

Try The Resurrected (1991) it's an adaptation of Lovecraft's Case of Charles Dexter Ward.

It's kinda slow but the atmosphere and dread builds up.

Pic related

tfw I'm the only one who loved this movie

I just chalked it up to a budget thing, for what he had to work with it loked to me like he wanted to make sure he got some cool scenes set up and then had to pad the rest for time/filler. It wasn't horrible but yeah should have been funded more $$'s to polish it up. hopefully he'll be able to make it up on the next go around.

Just please don't watch the trailer or anything. It spoils the whole movie.

Not op but I've been looking for another good lovecraft movie and knowing what your pic is I'm really interested, torrenting now.