What's the most overrated movie you've ever seen?

What's the most overrated movie you've ever seen?

Crash

Citizen Kane or Casablanca.

cache and 2001

Ex Machina

Network (1976)

most of the dialogue is cringey, and the 'satire' label doesn't save it from that. the tone is off, which also makes the ending seem out of place instead of the natural ending to a satire film.

There Will Be Blood hands down

I was afraid it was going to be really cringey but it never crossed the line for me.

American Beauty

Russian Ark

Dark Knight Rises

Mulholland Dr

couldn't even finish that turd, and I love lesbians. Just the most pretentious, tryhard, incoherent film ever.

Matrix

Nowadays most people admit it's shit.

It (2017)

Casablanca
The Avengers
Guardians of the Galaxy
Empire Strikes Back
The Evil Dead (2013)

I always thought it was boring as fuck as a child

put a bullet in your head

Black Swan

You guys are faggots, I rewatched that 30 days ago and it was still solid

I'm going to rewatch this now because fuck you and your shit taste.

Star Wars. It's space opera for kids, yet it's regarded as one of the greatest movies ever.

A lot of people liking something doesn't mean they all consider it the greatest thing.

Bladerunner.

I'm convinced that people only praise it through word of mouth and in fears of looking like a pleb if they admit that they didn't like it at all.

Get Out

it's an extremely mediocre horror movie that got critical acclaim cause it was "important"

did you find it dull?

the score and photography/miniatures/sets are 10/10, that's what people praise

funnily enough these elements are already shown to be mediocre at best with the new film

The Dark Knight
Inception
Interstellar
Drive

In 10 years absolutely no one will remember that movie

Look at this retard.

if you're in the mood for it it's pretty comfy.

You have to know how TV networks worked back then in order to to get the movie. Back then news broadcasts were seen by networks more of as a public service than a profit center. The point of the movie is supposed to be a crazy thought experiment like: "LOL, wouldn't it be funny if they moved the news to the entertainment department and turned the news into entertainment?" It was supposed to be just a crazy joke, but then network executives actually started to try it. It doesn't seem so edgy now because the dystopian future they predicted is a normal Tuesday for us.

It's like if 30 years ago someone made a movie with the premise: "Wouldn't it be crazy if someone tried to claim that they were literally raped by words? I mean, nobody would be that stupid, would they?" Except now people actually do that without the slightest sense of irony.

These two for me. Sat through cache the other day and I was the angriest I had ever felt at a movie.

>t. woman

I'm pretty sure most people like it for the effects. It was made way before cg so it was pretty mind blowing but nowadays its pretty average. Same thing with 2001

napoleon dynamite

The Exorcist.