>Richard Ayoade
>Rian Johnson
>Shane Carruth
>David Lowery
>Takeshi Kitano
>Joe Cornish
>Taylor Sheridan

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2015/film/news/colin-trevorrows-comments-on-lack-of-female-blockbuster-directors-draw-criticism-1201576364/
youtube.com/watch?v=EJQ4vCu-S0U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They're their gonna get Rian to do it, or they're gonna bring in James Wan or someone.

Wan is tied up making Aquaman. Realistically I think they'll get someone like Robert Zemeckis. Someone who has been around forever, done tentpoles, has known Kathleen Kennedy for a long time, is a bit past their prime but still a name. Just like when Ron Howard was picked for Han Solo.

Zack Snyder is the only one I want.

>tell me, Snoke, do you bleed?
>CHU WILL!

Kathleen Kennedy

why would you want any talented filmmaker who you like to waste years of their life on this bullshit? they aren't getting hired to bring any artistic vision to this corporate product, they're getting hired on the basis of being a whore who will do what they're told.

So they could get the clout to make future films.

should be Joseph Kosinski (Tron Legacy and Oblivion)

Isn't he busy with Top Gun 2?

that's not going to happen though. the idea of "one for them, one for me" is dead at most studios. you don't see Disney rewarding Joss Whedon for making them billions with the Avengers movies, for instance. they're only in the business of making Disney movies now, and he moved on to another big dumb impersonal commercial assignment at another studio.

James Gunn.

It is possible though. Taika Waititi is getting to make a stop motion film about Michael Jackson's chimp that he's wanted to make for a while after Thor.

is that what he is doing now? that's disappointing.

Hideaki Anno

David Lynch
>Kylo sexually abuses Rey
>30 minutes of nonverbal surreal imagery showing the origins of Snoke
>god tier waifus everywhere
>luke's face superimposed on screen while climax is happening
>only way to understand the ending is to watch TPM and IX in sync

Would BTFO normies and be kino.

George Lucas

as great as that would be, if lynch directed it, he would have to play it straight, just like the elephant man

Lynch turned down Return Of The Jedi. I doubt he has changed his mind since.

paul greengrass would do a fine job

This is the only correct answer

Lucas wanted Spielberg at the helm at one point too. How would have that turned out?

Honestly if he knew to play it straight and disney stuck their fucking noses out it would still be great I think.
These are number 1 though

Well ET and Poltergeist probably wouldn't exist.

as long as disney is involved it literally doesn't fucking matter whose name is at the helm, make no mistake these are bob iger, jj abrams and kathleen kennedy's PRODUCTS

trevorrow was just an association to a billion dollar movie(JW), now that his new movie flopped the name is sullied, not to mention his anti feminist quote must've had KK apprehensive from the start

these films are abject garbage with trashy identitarian politics blatantly thrown around for effect, they make our planet and species weaker and worse as a result of their inception, production and release

joss

Michael Bay
Michael Mann
Terrence Malick

Wouldn't matter, the writing committee they have ruined the franchise

>not to mention his anti feminist quote

?

>“Obviously it’s very lopsided, and hopefully it’s going to change as time goes on,” the director said. “But it hurts my feelings when I’m used as an example of white, male privilege. I know many of the female filmmakers who are being referred to in these articles. These women are being offered these kinds of movies, but they’re choosing not to make them.”

>He added, “I think it makes them seem like victims to suggest that they’re not getting the opportunities and not artists who know very clearly what kind of stories they want to tell and what films they want to make. To me, that’s the reality.”

variety.com/2015/film/news/colin-trevorrows-comments-on-lack-of-female-blockbuster-directors-draw-criticism-1201576364/

Huh.

George Lucas x 10

Denis Villeneuve

What is Disney going to do for the next main trilogy?

I know they said they are going to give the franchise a leave of absence but seeing as this franchise is also a cashcow I refuse to believe that Disney won't just milk the cow dry.

If Blade and Dune are a success this will happen.

>>Taylor Sheridan
They wouldn't let him write the script so what's the point? He deserves better than shitty nu-wars

No.

Zack Snider

Rey and Luke will keep fighting the first order or some other empire rip off. I expect them to make main saga like they do with the MCU.

Wes Anderson

Seems like common sense.

BRAVO NOLAN

The Daniels. They made Swiss Army Man.

It doesn't matter because no matter who gets the job Disney will suck any vestige of originality and replace it with audience-tested fluff to sell toys.

Gore Verbinski

I'd love that. The characters would all be ridiculously quirky and all of the shots would have that center line symmetry.

The best part would be that the final showdown would probably be some stage production at a theater on Coruscant.

Eric Wareheim

I'm sure Disney is hoping Episode IX will be a critical and commercial flop.

Hopefully nobody good. Whoever they hire will be a glorified puppet to Kennedy and Disney executives.

This. Disney's star wars is a trillion times worse then the prequels. By 2022 people will finaly confess that this is true.

The Russo Brothers would be excellent.

Busy with Avengers

>Clint Eastwood
>Coen Brothers
>Mel Gibson
>David McKenzie
>Ridley Scott
>paul thomas anderson
>Terrence Malick
>David Chase
>Martin Scorsese
>Mucharl Bay

>Mel Gibson

a Mel Gibson Star Wars movie would be dope

>Park Chan-Wook
>Shane Carruth
>Takeshi Kitano

>Clint Eastwood
>Coen Brothers
>Paul Thomas Anderson
>Terrence Malick
>Martin Scorsese

These guys would never in a million years do Star Wars.

just let Kathy Kennedy officially direct it herself. it'd cut down on bureaucracy and speed up the process. it'd also be more honest.

>Michael Mann
Mann is fucking deaf. How could a deaf guy direct a literal space pew-pew flick?

Rian Johnson. I expect 8 to be exactly as kino as Disney will allow, he seems to know how to play their game with how few reported production problems there have been.

George Lucas

and yet Scorsese just signed on to direct a fucking JOKER: ORIGINS flick for WB/DC. are you seriously saying him doing SW would require a bigger degree of sell-outishness?

youtube.com/watch?v=EJQ4vCu-S0U

Scorsese signed on to produce the Joker movie. In other words he was given a bunch of money to slap his name on it for prestige.

based lynch

After how TFA turned out, I miss George and the prequels.

So after episode 8 and 9 and the Han Solo prequel flop, will Disney take Star Wars direct-to-video?
Will we finally admit it's impossible to make a good Star Wars film?

when they put Star Wars on live action Tv. It will be the officially the begining of the end for the franchise

I wish someone would made a universe based on some shitty popcultural product but every movie would be directed by some indie/art director with full creative control.

Richard Ayoade? He's brilliant but nah, not for this.

Not many people mention James Mangold but he'd be in my list.

How the fuck did you end up with Michael Bay and Terrence Malick in the same list? That's a car crash of suggestions man.

WS Anderson is the man for the job. He could make Jovobitch a sith lord

Michael Bay or Tommy Wiseau. No self-respecting director should be bothered with this trash.

David Lynch. He was meant to direct Episode 6 so it only makes sense to have him director Episode 9

This one's easy

Say it with me:

DAVID FINCHER
A
V
I
D

F
I
N
C
H
E
R

>Implying she isn't the one orchestrating this shitfest in the shadows

came here to post this

I don't care enough to pick anyone interesting.

Just get Gore Verbinski to do it so it's competent.

Film critics and directors have been hinting that it will be the black chick that made Selma and 13.

Apparently she's got some big budget kids fantasy film with Disney at the moment that's coming out soon.

Verbinski is one of the most commercially successful directors of all time.

He makes really good blockbusters with amazing effects work and has even handled a CGI only movie.

He's worked for Disney on huge properties.

He could do it in his sleep, but probably won't.

>Richard Ayoade? He's brilliant but nah, not for this.
Ayaode has resume roughly equivalent to Taika Waititi when Waititi was chosen for Thor.

There's only one man that can save us.

>Film critics and directors have been hinting that it will be the black chick that made Selma and 13.

No way she'd be available. A Wrinkle in Time doesn't come out until March. Episode IX will need to be pre-production at the same time AWIT is finishing post production and then she'll have to be on a promotional tour for AWIT.

>>Mel Gibson

He would legit probably do a good job. He can handle big movies, and he knows how to tell a story.

The Mouse Jews wouldn't let him touch the franchise with a 10 foot pole.

Brad Bird
Andrew Stanton
Christopher McQuarrie

or maybe just get Rian Johnson again if TLJ turns out great

>Brad Bird
>Andrew Stanton
Bird got fucked by Disney over Tomorrowland's final cut so he probably doesn't want to work with them again outside of Pixar where they won't fuck with him.

No way Disney lets Stanton direct another live action film after John Carter.

Is Disney run by Jews now? What a 180.

>now?
12 years already, if not more.

reply here

Goes back to (((Eisner))) in 1986