Mfw this actually came out

>mfw this actually came out

Soooo whats the next one going to be about?

i've never even seen any of the sequels, just the first one. are any of them worth watching?

If you liked the first one, two and three are worth watching for some light entertainment. Not alone obviously. Four and five are not. They should not have been made. It's actually incredible that another was made after the utter trainwreck that was the fourth movie. I watched it out of pure incredulous curiosity and it's somehow even fucking worse than the fourth one was. Cynical cashgrab. Does Johnny Depp really need the money?

Yep, he even signed up for Invisible Man in Universal's Dark Universe possibly upcoming movie.

on the final adventure of jack and orlando/knightly version kai tyrannical take over, best case scenario jack become the knowledgeable old man like Barbossa

Do you like will turner and Elizabeth swann? If skip 2 and 3, do you want more jack which is not as good as the first? than go 4th, if you want 1 -4 plot rolled into one with more will Elizabeth second edition remakes couple watch the 5 th.

do I need to watch part 4 to understand 5?

NO 4th is pure jack kino

2 and 3 are will turner and swann movies, 5 is 1-4 plots mixed with a remaking of turner swann couple.

Right now we don't know if they're gonna make another one. They're waiting to see how the movie will sell on home release.
I want the series to end. They're already in 1750s. Almost Seven Years War. If they're gonna make another one they need to address something that they only mentioned in the third one. It's over for pirates.

I'm not joking, if you liked the fourth Pirates of the Caribbean movie you are legitimately subhuman. There's having shit taste and then there's that. Your judgement is completely flawed. You are dangerously stupid. You should not be allowed to vote, and your freedom of speech should be taken away from you. You are a failure of a person. Not a joke. Please consider suicide if you liked that movie.

damn I gotta see this kino asap

>fourth one sucks but the fifth is totally good guys!
How to detect a shithead.

I haven't seen the fifth movie. Why the fuck would I watch it after having seen how bad the fourth one was? If you watched the fifth movie after seeing the fourth for any reason but a kind of morbid curiosity the post applies to you too.

The actor that played Barbossa did a stellar job in the first three films so why in the fuck did they have to ruin his character in 4 and 5?

5 not as bad as 4 but still.

>The actor that played Barbossa
its geoffrey rush, you disgusting faggot

i only watched because javier bardem was the villain but it still turned out shit :/ the only fun part was the guillotine scene

I watched the fifth because the fourth was good. But the fifth was shit.

Stay mad. I bet you voted for Trump.

Was Javier Bardem good in it at least? He looked like the one redeeming factor in it

Blackbeard looked like shit in the fourth one though

Ok

>Jack says "I wish I was hung."
>Executioner looks down

How did they get away with this in a Disney movie?

I don't care, don't speak to me.

He was one of the very few good things about 4. In 5 he's just too old and frail to be taken seriously.

there was way too uch inunendo than i expected from a kids movie
>shes a horologist

>Fourth film is somehow more expensive than the third one
Fucking how?

t. buttmad Trump supporter

I liked 5 and am going to rewatch 4 to see if it was as bad as i remember

Fourth film had a lot more setpieces, third just stayed in the same few places.

The series died when Gore Verbinski stopped directing them. It's his style that makes the first three so fun. The last two try to emulate that and in rare occasions it works, but otherwise they just feel like cheap action movies lacking the heart of 1-3.

geoffrey and javier were the only good actors in the movie. could have been a lot better tho

It wasn't even bad, people just got mad because it didn't have Will or Elizabeth.

5th was even worse than 4, you are retarded if you think that 5 was any better

Depp's salary going up?

was it any good?

Anyone seen Lone Ranger? Critics destroyed it but it was actually really good. Felt like a better Pirates movie than 4 and 5 did, even though it was a western.

second and third one filmed back to back so production cost must be decrease a little bit.
but still yeah i dunno

No but based on your description I'm really excited now.

New dude and new girl run the series while drunk Jack is the fix for everything they either can't solve or need help without asking.
Swan and Turner were literally added at the end scene of 5 was to say bye to Swan and Turner.
Now it's the kids of them and Barbossa.
Drunk Jack is the guy they don't want to ever hear from but solves a key part of their expedition.
Jack will be there as always while the new get costed off like Turner and Dawn.
This is is Disney.
Speculate all you want, this is what's happening.
Typical Disney.

But there's an after credits scene involving Will Turner that implies Davy Jones is back. So it has something to do with Will

5th had one good thing. just one. everything else was total garbage
that one thing is Scodelario's tits

nawh the end for jack is near, they are slowly corroding his character

Both of them phoned it in hard. Which sucks because Barbossa is usually my favorite.

if you liked first three pirates movie you'll like Lone Ranger too.
Also check Gore's Rango and A Cure for Wellness

Definitely check it out, sadly it didn't do well enough for a sequel but it's like Curse of the Black Pearl in that it stands alone without having a really specific sequel hook. So it works out because Verbinski was smart.

Even Sup Forums loves this movie and they hate everything.

According to the post credits scene of DMTNT, the return of Davy Jones.

This, if they do another movie it's going to be one more with Orlando Bloom. And hopefully that will be the end of this fucking franchise.

Only if you wanna know why the Black Pearl is in a bottle.

OST certainly is a smelly turd.

I was baffled when I found out considering it looked so much cheaper than the previous ones.

The series died halfway through DMC, got burried in AWE and came back as a rotting corpse in OST.

You are watch film?
What's 2 more hours to watch another before 5?

So at the end of the last movie Jack has an entire fleet of ships locked in bottles but in DMTNT he only has the Pearl and in his crew there are: guy who should've been locked with the Pearl and another who was last seen with Barbossa.
What a mess.

Normally I'd agree with you but based on his picture he clearly wants to watch 5 for Kaya so there's no real reason to waste his time on 4 which is a massive sausagefest.

>Salazar's Revenge

Wait, how did a bunch of pirates piss off a 20th century Portuguese dictator?

Bill Nighy had no idea he was in pirates of the caribbean 5

who claimed he first learned of the cameo from a taxi driver.

The cab driver said
>Are you doing the next one?
recounts Nighy. I said
>No. I didn't know there was a next one.
He said
>Well, you were in the last one
I said
>No I wasn't
He said
>Yes, you were
>So that's all I know. You probably know more than I do.

Penelope Cruz.
Watch Jack have an early girlfriend he tries to save

1 >>> 2 = 3 > 5 >>>>>>. dogshit >>> 4

That's hilarious. So they put him in and didn't even tell him? What the fuck were they thinking? They want him to be in the next movie and they don't even know if they'll be able to get him?

I mean, this is literally the only Pirates movie that has had a post credits scene that set up for the next one (probably inspired to do this by the Marvel movies). It's the least they could do.

I thought two was easily the best of the series

>liking 5 but not 4
Brain damage.

Lots of holes really. Barbossa also had Blackbeard's sword which eventually makes him as OP as Blackbeard but nope, go to grovel to Salazar.

That's not counting in the crew that was implied to be stuck in the Black Pearl in 4. Nope, only the monkey. Didn't even have Barbossa's leg.

A waste of Barbossa really.

1>2>4>5>liquid diarrhea shit>3

It's not like Nighy would ever say no to a role.

1 > 2 = 3 >> 4 > 5

The Lone Ranger was a great movie. Fuck the critics and the pleb audiences, they can have more Transformers.

Could Barbossa have just taken Jack's fleet since they said he's had like 10 ships in Deadmen tell no tales?

It's nothing but a silhouette and a crab arm so they didn't need him.
If they never make the 6th one we can only claim it was a dream. A wet dream. He was still cursed and just left Will's bedroom.

What the fuck is wrong with you people who like pirates 3? Jack makes the series and he was barely in that one. It was all Bloom and Knightly and the fucking parrot and monkey antics to keep the 6 year olds entertained was embarrassing it made me fucking nauseous.

It bothers me immensely that they used the title "Dead Men Tell No Tales" when they already used "Dead Man's Chest." They should have stuck with Salazar's Revenge.

I just watched 5 and the first five minutes are better than anything in 4. Overall it was much better than expected and I'm happy where it ended. It kind of redeems 3's ending for me. My only complaints are there were some inconsistencies with the prior films, and some characters I wish had returned or at least been mentioned (Bootstrap who?). I felt it had reclaimed some of the heart missing from 4. Barbossa was great as always, and I really liked Carina. Will's son was much better than 4's not-will. Depp wasn't carrying the entire weight of the film on his back this time, and that's when Jack works best.

3 had tons of Barbossa though.

‘Pirates Of The Caribbean 6’ May Rely On ‘Dead Men Tell No Tales’ Home Release Sales

Bruckheimer said
>Well, I hope we can continue to make it, but you know we’ve been having so much fun just promoting this one right now that we’ll just have to wait and see. Hopefully it’s very successful on DVD as the other ones have been. Then hopefully we’ll sit down and see where we go.

Barbosa is a skellington like the first one and Davy Jones returns for 3 more fantastic films with Pirates™ fun!

So what do you think about the young Jack scene?

They'll have to hurry up with the next one otherwise Johnny Depp will probably OD and die.

Yeah, that's why 4 is good.

Was more interested in watching Salazar's war on pirates desu

Uncanny valley but it did touch upon how Jack got his gear. Wiki also said that his pops also had a scene. Was it the dude in red?

inb4 the sixth one is called "The Curse of the Sea"

Even if they make it it's not like they're gonna make a proper ending. It will just do a subtle tease for a sequel that may get ignored like Penelope Cruz at the end of OST.
The only proper ending would involve Jack's death or immortal Jack doing the same shit in far distant future. But that would be too ballsy. In the movie timeline they are closer to American independence than they are to the golden age of piracy. They need to end it.

But user, there are no more curses.

Immortal Jack + Somalian pirates when?

Would you be down if they decided to Reboot the franchise without Jack Sparrow and begin with new characters and different tone?

Just in case we needed reminding... No Verbinski, no movie.

They should re-purpose the Gladiator sequel script where's he's a time-hopping guy.

Titanic with Jack
BP Oil spill with Jack
Jack and the Somali Pirates

>really good

lol no. it was an ok movie but it was not good

>A skeleton walks into a bar and says, "Give me shot -- and a sneed."
What did he mean by this?

The Mouse was able to get Kiera to come back for an extended cameo in 5 despite her being open about not wanting to do any more Pirate movies, they'd have no problem getting someone like Nighy who tried to convince Len Wiseman to resurrect his Underworld character in the 4th film of that series.

Quentin Tarantino on The Lone Ranger
>The first forty-five minutes are excellent …the next forty-five minutes are a little soporific. It was a bad idea to split the bad guys in two groups; it takes hours to explain and nobody cares. Then comes the train scene—incredible! When I saw it, I kept thinking, ‘What, that’s the film that everybody says is crap? Seriously?

I agree. Virbinski makes great action movies. Rango was great too.

Cure for Wellness... mehhhh

I thought it was a bit on the nose showing us how he got all his stuff. And we were previously told he got his compass from Tia Dalma, so it bugs me that this was inconsistent with that.

Where did he go?

It means this was a film by committee of Disney executives with no real vision.

Is Johnny Depp still alive?

Left to drift in the ocean when Salazar captured Barbossa. Didn't even get into a single battle in this movie.

Davy Jones was pure CG so even if they showed his face they wouldn't have needed him. While they did film him on set and use his performance for reference in 2 and 3, they could get away with having him phone it in if he didn't feel like physically playing the part anymore.

You could just tell Zimmer's heart wasn't in it. I did like the mermaid and conquistador themes, but the rest was lazy.

Pro:

Rush and Bardem

Action set pieces still good. Fast five intro, guillotine, etc.

Con:

Everything else plus lots of story holes.

Yeah and how in 1750s people (including wealthy ones) were still hunting witches.

Was it me or did Jack Sparrow feel totally off character?

Fucking lame

Depp was clearly phoning it in. He needed money because Amber Heard stole all of his.