Why do edgy teenagers love this movie so much?

Why do edgy teenagers love this movie so much?

I don't understand Sup Forums's contrarianism about this movie. It's vastly more interesting that most of the crap Hollywood churns out.

It's just bait.

>the cuck killed himself

Do teenagers even watch older movies much? The ones I know rarely ever can get past the current blockbusters or new netflix shows. I would be surprised if many teenagers are aware of this movie at all.

it's a movie that shows a high school boy who's oh so much smarter and better than the other students and who also gets a cute gf. It's not rocket science why they love it.

Donnie Darko is a movie for dumb people who think they are smart.

It spouts some pseudo-scientific terminology and suddenly the watcher is an expert on quantum mechanics. I've seen it over and over again from people who've never read anything but a text in their lives.

The movie itself isn't bad, as someone else mentioned its pretty good compared to most hollywood crap, it just draws the absolute worst sort of morons who don't even realize their morons as its fanbase. I don't mind Star Trek either but seeing two adults having a klingon wedding, raising their child to speak klingon as their native tongue, makes me want to time-travel to shoot Roddenberry in the face when he was in his crib.

Chut up

kek

More interesting doesen't make it good, the dialogue and writing in general is awful

It's literally just projecting, OP saw the movie when he was an edgy teenager.

>Why do edgy teenagers love this movie so much?
This meme is about 10 years out of date at this point.

The film came out in 2001. Most of today's edgy teenagers won't have even heard of this movie.

Actually it's a question, dumbass.

This part of the film came across as particularly hammy.

You're a fuck-ass

Reminder that the director absolutely despises Trump, and shits on him all-day every day on twitter.

>It spouts some pseudo-scientific terminology and suddenly the watcher is an expert on quantum mechanics.

That's why it's really just a dude with schizophrenia and people over think it.

Just because it's a question doesn't mean it's not bait, dumbass.

>Liking trump

Hahaha, what is this? Pre-election?

>the director absolutely despises Trump,
Based

/thread

man i feel like this whole thread is bait but this has to be some top tier bait or ill be disappointed

liked this movie when i was 14 its not bad slightly embarrassing

good

>Reminder that the director absolutely despises Trump, and shits on him all-day every day on twitter.
so basically like 99.9% of humans?

Or maybe the time travel book had some good tips in it?

Or maybe he got shot by the police and the replay was his life flashing before his eyes?

I think it was an intentional decision to leave it sort of ambiguous.

Not really surprising.

I bet he actually believes the Steele Memos.

I watched it when I was 19. I enjoyed it. I'm still 19.

He saved the world.

literally /ourguy/

Please relocate yourself to your point of origin in Zhongguo, female

More like shits himself like very other liberal

Why does every movie set in coastal Virginia have mountains? It pisses me off so much.

>t. edgy teenager