The Orville

It can't really be as bad as the critics say, can it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0fFj6ggyHAk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>seth mcfarlane
uh yea, it's shit

Hopefully it will stable out a few episodes in

It will be a great competition between this and STD for the title of the shittiest Star Trek clone of all time.

>its a "Seth mcfarlane has no original ideas so he mimicks already popular things" TV series

Fox market it as a comedy. McFarlane's written it as a homage to TNG.

There's a campaign to bash it. As in paid posters posting negative threads and posts here.

I was honestly excited for it, much more than STD. It all just went South so fast.

>I was so excited for it before other people told me I shouldn't be

When I saw the trailer I thought it was a joke about how they would never make such a show, like a spoof on shows or trailers or something. I had no idea they were seriously going to do this for an entire season. I think we've seen plenty of Star Trek spoofs by now, no? I just don't see how this can be funny enough to do it every week for an entire hour.

I'm looking forward to it. Its actually the only SciFi series I'm looking forward to. Its also positive as hell, a good future, about a ragtag crew most of us can relate to.

Also forgot to mention, they are actually using a ship model. Many scenes of the ship flyby are an actual purpose build model TNG style. The action scenes are CGI of course. Can't wait to watch it tonight.

If they're raving about STD then it probably isn't, if they both get bad reviews it probably is.

>seth mcfarlane
Yeah, it can be a lot worse.
I'm not a hater, but that guy hasn't done anything of value for years now.

They should always do this. Pew pew and explosions can be CGI, but the ships themselves moving around and beauty shots look way better when you use a model.

Why did they cast Faggot MacManlet as captain?

He's financing the show

>STD
>Sexually Transmitted Disease
>Sexually
Lel

didnt know he was a billionaire

>famous Trek fans making his own star trek flavored fan fiction
it's going to be fine but people will hate it because Seth triggers both pseudo intellectuals nu males and alt-righters

Welcome to a year ago, slowemperor

>didnt know he was a billionaire
mate, they didn't actually build a spaceship.

it looks like you have outsmarted
the smarted

Why? Only a couple hundred people even browse this board and 90% of them don't talk to anyone outside of Sup Forums. Seems like a waste of money to me.

Orville will be worse than STD because it won't be able to decide whether it's a drama or a comedy, and it'll fail at both.

>villain makes a threat on the viewscreen
>character on the bridge wets their pants in fear
>ha ha so funny

>alien is hiding in the room
>the alien smells bad
>"Who farted?"
>"Not me, it must have been you!"
>"Yeah, smelt it dealt it!"
>"Nuh uh, denied it supplied it!"
>ha ha so funny

>main character tries some alien food
>it gives him diarrhea
>he has to run through the ship searching for the one and only bathroom
>"Why is there only one bathroom on this entire ship???"
>too late, he pooped his pants
>ha ha so funny

>Trailers looked awful
>Seth McFarlane
>Every review says it's shit

yeah sure it's just a conspiracy, it's actually amazing I'm sure

>only a couple hundred
Where have you been since 2011? This place is now full of Redditors and has risen to a couple hundred thousand users. Sup Forums is for normalfags now.

Fox went out of it way to make it look like Familyguy in space/ Galaxy quest. Give it to critics (who already hate it for not being SJW trash like star trek Discovery) and it not even what they were told it was. It is something that might clearly show putting in SJW BS before story is bad. My two cents before seeing it tonight

>Make a successful movie you supply a voice for
>Follow it up by ego starring in your own western comedy despite not being leading man material
>make shitty sequel to original successful movie
>do nothing for years
>make shitty Star Trek parody you again cast yourself in as the lead

Seth is no Trey Parker, he can provide voices for main characters but that's it. Even Parker hasn't put himself in front of a camera since Baseketball. Seth never had the ability to star in live action but is still trying to do it and it's sad.

>Orville will be worse than STD because it won't be able to decide whether it's a drama or a comedy
so just like Star Trek

piss off

>not watching the superior light-hearted alien show that combines comedy and drama in a realistic and thoroughly entertaining way

This - The good Star Trek, where you had a good well written balance - with bad acting

I am replying to the eighty-seven million, five hundred fifty six thousand seven hundred and thirteenth post on this board.

Seth MacFarlane has been speaking of wanting to make a Star Trek clone for nearly a decade.
Surely he thought it all out? I can't imagine it being entirely shit.

In what way is that anything like ST?
ST is primarily a sci-fi drama, with some light hardheartedness thrown in for character development.

>jumping from a serious episode to a Luxwana episode
>literally having comedy episodes during the biggest galactic war in history
>how is that the same

>not saying the name of the show
Guess I won't be watching it

Being that I love sci fi I'm willing to give it a chance. Early family guy was decent so who knows, maybe this will be decent early on also

Dude, FOX put all the light hardheartedness from the 1st season into a trailer to make it look like family guy in space. Seth stated how mad that made him as it is not a comedy show

Yeah. Of all time. There are only 31 unique IP addresses in this thread.

People of Earth

all the reviews have pointed out that it's complete shit at being a serious series too

Battlestar Galactica?

>Fox went out of it way to make it look like Familyguy in space/ Galaxy quest. Give it to critics (who already hate it for not being SJW trash like star trek Discovery)

Lurk:Post is high. By your logic only a few hundred people would ever be influenced by any Sup Forums thread

obliged

>Its also positive as hell
New Battlestar Galactica was never positive. That is why I stop watching and a lot of my Friends do so after the black girl kill herself.

>Seth MacFarlane
Mr. Enter would have a field day with this if he was doing live-action stuff.

Having the odd fun Luxwana episode doesn't mean it doesn’t know if it’s a drama or comedy. 90% of the episodes are plots about navigating anomalies, fighting aliens for their survival or debating some controversial space topic, and the dialogue reflects that. There are some fun moments between the characters, and there’s the occasional silly character like Luxwana, but being the show is first and foremost concerned with drama, not comedy.

Well if he wants it to be like Trek he'd probably have to give it a season or two in trek tradition to get going properly anyway.

I guarantee you it'll still be easier to watch than Discovery

lmao

Discovery is a show about going to war with ancient Klingons, Orville's third episode is about the ethics of performing gender reassignment surgery on a child.

But you're right it's the SJW boogeyman Illuminati out to get poor Seth

>Orville is about moral and ethics
>Discovery is about dumb star wars action
damn, I guess Orville truly is more star trek than STD

youtube.com/watch?v=0fFj6ggyHAk
Pleasantly surprised by this show

I'm sure there'll be plenty of moral and ethics discussion in DSC as well

Damn, admittedly the trailers looked awful but I was hoping it would be better as full episodes. What I don't understand is how you can mess this up, Galaxy Quest is a perfect reference.

Why is the ship named after Orville Redenbacher tho?

Don't think either will be any good, but at least shit macfarlane likes Star Trek unlike the writers of STD

You mean the pro-Trump Klingons (writer said that not me) fight the gay black women hero?

Yes like "why is that white devil the captain?" and "should we help these people if they refuse to respect my nonbinary gender?"

Meh, that sort of criticism is cheap and easy on Sup Forums.