Space Cop

What went wrong? Why couldn't it be saved in editing like Star Wars?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1wRaQjkmnHs
youtu.be/2NXLIiFDHVQ
youtu.be/ERDqOiMHjGI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Incidentally, when you GIS for "Space Cop" pic related comes up. Why didn't they make this movie instead?

Sometimes an idea is funny but not funny enough to be stretched out into a movie. This is one of those times. The first trailer was funny and should have stayed just a trailer.

Yeah, just keep releasing "final Space Cop trailers" and never explain that Space Cop wouldn't actualy work as a movie.

What should I do with my copy of Space Cop?

Unfortunately, I regret paying for the movie alone and not getting the commentary. If anyone has the commentary to share you'd be a real bro (I hear it's better than the actual movie).

Get some real friends

Everything

Literally name a single instance when an eceleb made a film that was actually good
Protip: you can't

Shit in it and send it back to Mike

Comedy becomes harder and harder the longer the run time is, that's why it ceases to be funny

this. they all garbage

script
screenplay
acting
direction

what went right? marketing.

I wish that they would have been able to get some attractive actors. Two hours of fat Wisconsin cheese curds was just depressing.

I'm a die-hard RLM fan and I was really mad how much this piece of turd sucks. I couldn't even finish it.

These guys have such great sense of humor and ideas. I am baffled they could make such a shitty movie.

>What went wrong?

Well... they made a "bad on purpose" comedy movie... remember how those are popular? Remember how everyone loves Birdemic? remember sharknado?

Red Letter Media have often stated that a movie made with heart, effort, a vision and hard work... that turns out to be a mess, can still be incredibly endearing and rewatched again and again. Whereas "bad on purpose" movies are fucking shit

Second of all, their movie is a comedy and it's bad and I'll let Jay take over here

>Jay: Nothing is worse than bad comedy.
>Jay: Bad comedy is not just bad... bad comedy is fucking miserable

>Why couldn't it be saved in editing like Star Wars?

You can't fix a bad on purpose movie, when you deliberately write bad dialog, when you deliberately make your joint lead actor talk with a bad accent, when you make sets look shit on purpose it's unfixable.

For all of their mocking of Hollywood blockbusters and not to mention small time indie film makers... to then have the hubris to put this piece of shit out is really unforgivable.

it's a scam.

This. It's just pathetic that they fell into the same exact trap they've mocked so many others for.

THIS as long as it isn't an actual crime

>not to mention small time indie film makers

You know that shitty vampire movie they just did on BOTW? It's better than Space Cop. Just putting that out there.

does screenwriting count?

Do NOT shit in it! The cops can match you to your turd! Just put a dog shit in it.

Ashens and the quest for the gamechild was bearable

I also liked it but was trying really hard to channel Edgar wright

Have they ever made a movie that was not ironic but was a genuine attempt?

Linkara The Movie.

So is Jay now "officially" gay now that he has a cat?

>Why couldn't it be saved in editing like Star Wars?
Star Wars wasn't "saved in editing." The first cut of Star Wars by John Jympson wasn't well liked (Lucas called it a "complete disaster") and so Jympson was replaced by Lucas with Paul Hirsch and Richard Chew, and also got his then-wife and Scorsese to help, and the end result was what we see today.

People act like Lucas had this mess on his hands and had to be saved by editors, but that's not the case at all. Lucas shot a bunch of material and editors took what they liked and put it together into a movie, which is what editors do.

They never tried to make a good movie. They did it as a scam to get money from their fans. The "Jay and Mike are Frauds" in HitB is a literal "fuck off" to their fanbase. They are cynical conmen.

Dude bro party massacre 3

Spiritual and economic disaster.

Yes.

I brought in your mom to edit out your dad.

worst movie i've ever seen. forced myself to finish it cause i like RLM.

>as long as it isn't an actual crime

Pussy

>The cops can match you to your turd!

Nigger they can only match you if they have your DNA to begin with

RLM filmmaking in an nutshell:

1. Don't try too hard so you don't feel bad if it sucks.

2. Make sure everyone knows you didn't take it seriously so they can't really criticize you if it sucks.

I love RLM, but they don't have the balls to actually put their heart and soul into a project.

for all the time they had to make it, it ended up feeling rushed and unfinished

also they should have gotten someone to help them with the writing, lots of missed jokes, and just shitty in general

youtu.be/1wRaQjkmnHs

This.

You have to realize they made the movie for the fans of RLM, not for something to be an actual movie. It's entertainment for people who know them.

>I love RLM, but they don't have the balls to actually put their heart and soul into a project.
Have they ever claimed they could create a masterpiece or that Space Cop is a serious attempt at a comedy film?

ironic shit is still shit

no, but they do think they are "filmmakers"

>Don't try too hard so you don't feel bad if it sucks.
They built all the sets and props themselves, in addition to doing pretty much every role involved in filmmaking. I get that you didn't like the movie, but it's dishonest to say they didn't "try too hard."

Imagine being so fucking retarded and disconnected from reality that you think anyone that owns a pet is "gay."

And so do indie shitters who made some lousy feelsie bullshit thing, and so is Michael Bay with his gorillion Transformer flicks. They made a movie and released it, they do know a lot about movies and editing, doesn't that qualify them as "filmmakers"?

>t. catman

Is this "bad on purpose" thing just a meme or are you people really this stupid? Space Cop is a comedy. It's not very good but it's far from "bad on purpose." It's just a no-budget comedy.

>It's entertainment for people who know them.
I know them. I would consider myself somewhat of a fan, I watch almost all their shows except if beardfat is in it. I found the movie extremely boring, I turned it off about halfway in the first time I watched it. Never chuckled once, I can't even remember smiling at any of the 'jokes'. The movie was a failure any way you look at it, no matter who it's aimed at.

You have to realize who you're talking to in these threads. You're literally having an argument with friendless virgins that mask their obvious jealousy of RLM for doing what they enjoy for a living. RLM have no delusions that they're great filmmakers. They made a goofy no budget comedy because they felt like it. I admit it didn't turn out very well, but that doesn't even matter. Sup Forums would shit on it and project their insecurities all over RLM regardless of what they do.

>implying you didn't laugh at the ice cream man eating him self out of business joke

No I didn't. All their skits are bad and always have been. They are devoid of humour. I always chalk this up to the fact that they're american and therefor don't quite understand humour, they probably think SNL is funny too. They're funny when they're ridiculing bad movies, they should stick to that.

You sound quite perturbed.

>They are devoid of humour
You realize that the reason they're popular is because they make comedy videos right?

>I always chalk this up to the fact that they're american and therefor don't quite understand humour
Oh nevermind, you're just a racist idiot. Moving on.

Americans is not a race, dumbfuck

Hm, I think you might be projecting, I'm very calm. Like I said, I love RLM. They are just very bad at writing jokes, not to mention acting.

>the reason they're popular is because they make comedy videos
I don't think so. I think the reason they're popular is because they talk about bad movies being bad. The fact that they also make 'comedy' videos has little to do with their popularity.

RLM was good back when the plinkett star trek and star wars reviews came out, but ever since they gained an audience with reddit they have pandered more and more to the reddit demographic. it's just not funny, end of

youtu.be/2NXLIiFDHVQ

Do you think Mike turns to alcohol because of his inability to come out of the closet and the emotional pain that causes him?

I don't think you understand what pandering is. Constantly insulting your audience and making fun of them is not pandering.

no

keep this thread up for a few hours and i'll upload it to mega when i'm at my home PC

>Unironic "I liked thing before it was cool" post

Nothing you're saying makes any sense. How do they "pander" to "reddit?" You're retarded.

I do. Whatever the exact reason is, he's clearly a gay man.

>MUH E-CELEB FANFIC
Seriously kill yourself

Based on what?

They have all these complex theories into the production of films but not once do they name the Jew

The movie didn't play to RLM's strengths at all. Compare the physical comedy in, for example, the Half in the Bag episode where they try to trick the lawyer with the skeleton to the scene in Space Cop where Rich is falling down in an alley. He didn't have anything or anyone to play off of and it wasn't as funny.

Can't fault the movie for the visuals or even the acting, a comedy that isn't funny just doesn't work.

You're the man, thanks.

autism

fuck it my dude, i got out of bed for you

#!awUAjJLS
key: !4dvRxrsZZ6pyf8CyXmamAGx_rV2za2GcEa6RMLkFWRc

You're a fucking moron

youtu.be/ERDqOiMHjGI

His behaviour in general. The way he laughs, his way of 'fake acting' or whatever you want to call it, the way he makes jay and rich live out his own secret gay fantasies. Seriously, it explains a lot.

To be fair, the joke in that scene wasn't just that Rich was falling down. It was that his Iron Man-esque viewfinder was being crowded with ads and viruses which obscured his view. It was one of the funnier bits in the movie imo

Thanks bro. Also, I appreciate you sharing Jessie & Mike's sex tape. They're into some freaking shit hey. Cheers.

Yeah ok Schlomo, I'm just trying to have a civil discussion here

It's not "fanfic", I have slowly but surely become convinced of Mike's homosexuality. It explains a lot of his behaviour.

Its impression was aided by it being released for free
But yeah, it helps that unlike most YouTubers who attempt making movies he's neither socially retarded nor an edgy 20-something asshole, and also is a decent actor.

>It explains a lot of his behaviour.
Like dating a woman for years?

Look, you're clearly just in this for the (you)s but your shit is weak, bro.

its obvious RLM is in this thread.
it is also obvious they are ass-pained.

>Like dating a woman for years?
Kek, do you really think this means anything? He wouldn't be the first closetfag who's dated a woman for years. Closetfags get married and even have children all the time. I honestly believe he is a gay man, he might not even fully realize it himself yet.

>dat delusion
RLM will never acknowledge your existence. I'm so sorry.

He has at least two novels that did pretty well. And a third that has a good number of pre-orders.

>The way he laughs
confirmed for not having any gay aquaintances

You've made several posts now but have conveniently not provided even one tiny shred of an example of why you think this.

confirmed for not knowing any flamboyant gays.

>he hasn't seen Das Foot

You may legitimately be retarded.

>His behaviour in general. The way he laughs, his way of 'fake acting' or whatever you want to call it, the way he makes jay and rich live out his own secret gay fantasies.

You're not confirmed for gay until you own at least 2 cats.

Hate to break it to you user but its sounding like whats really going on is you're gay for Mike

Look, I have nothing against gays. I just happen to see all the signs of a closetfag in Mike. Everytime he jokes about gays it's like he's testing the water, to see how his friends would react if he finally came out.

The only thing I notice is the "case of the not-gays" which never made any sense to me whatsoever.

>The way he laughs
You are retarded

>his way of 'fake acting' or whatever you want to call it
That's RLM's shtick. Literally what the fuck does it have to do with anything?

>the way he makes jay and rich live out his own secret gay fantasies
Holy shit, you are stupid. Are you seriously confusing reality with comedy videos on the internet?

I think you're projecting, it would explain your defending of Mike.

>not just direct linking it as if there's any chance whatsoever of this getting DMCA'd
i don't get it but thanks

Oh I get it now. You're gay and projecting onto Mike. Congrats.