For an R Rated movie, this didn't even feel like it was really R Rated to be honest

For an R Rated movie, this didn't even feel like it was really R Rated to be honest.

Yes it had lots of gore and swearing but it still felt like it was missing something and no am not referring to the orgy scene from the book.

For instance, when the kids open the door in that old house and see a girl screaming out for help, that looked pretty PG 13. To make it R, her whole body would be sliced up or something like that.

It felt like a rating in between PG 13 and R.

I wish they included the scene from the book where it has a flasback to one of the missing kids who is chased by It who shape shifts into a monster with giant tentacles and rips the kid's head off. THAT would have made it very R Rated. Not to mention that scene was absolutely terrifying in the novel.

Because it was PG15. Literally PG15 in the UK.

Why haven't Americans developed this rating yet? It would surely fix a lot of stuff up.

Wolf of Wall Street should have been like X Rated or NC 17. Weird to think it has the same rating as this It movie...

It'd R for the sake of bing R.

>Why haven't Americans developed this rating yet?
Because the last thing we need is more ratings. PG-13 already fucked things up bad enough.

Do you ship it? I ship it.

They rated it R to protect the many sufferers of clownophobia

It's rated R because they say "fuck" more than a single time.

This movie stirred some shit in Russia. Many families went to see it thinking it's a movie about a clown.

Wasn't much of a body count to earn the rating. Pennywise doesn't get an onscreen kill. Aside from tearing Georgie's arm off, nothing Pennywise does happens onscreen. Same with Patrick's death that gets a cut away.

I feel like the arm tearing was the one thing that earned the film an R. Everything else was PG13. Do wonder if some things were cut though. I remember those first images that had the decapitated child head floating down the stream. That wasn't in the movie.

I am glad his shape shifts were not spoiled in the trailer.

Also, heaps of people haven't read the book so believe this is just a killer clown like the miniseries was due to budget constraints

>I remember those first images that had the decapitated child head floating down the stream. That wasn't in the movie.
Extended Blu Ray edition? Really hope we get that because maybe there are some scenes that will fix the pacing

People thought it's a family movie and went with children.

The bathroom scene alone is an R Rating because Americans for some reason are so afraid of blood that not too much is allowed to be shown on screen.

Ridley Scott on the making of Prometheus spoke about how they were only allowed to use tiny bits of blood during the alien stomach birth scene or it would have to be R Rated.

Unless those parents saw Monster Squad back in the day and assumed this movie would be similar to that, the rating clearly makes it obvious this isn't for kids.

We all can laugh at some of the CGI but a kid under 8 years of age very likely can be traumatized.

I remember as a kid when I saw Jaws 2 or 3 (I forgot what one) I was absolutely traumatized when that guy had his arm ripped off by the shark right at beginning of the movie.

btw Monster Squad is heavily underrated so go check that out.

Sup Forums called it 7 years ago.
IT is a newfag.

>MPAA ratings are trigger warnings for inbred amerilards

>russian clowns are butthurt about Pennywise making the industry look "bad"
*inhales*

>believe this is just a killer clown like the miniseries

Which is really strange considering the miniseries had the skeleton, the spider, the dog head, the werewolf, Pennywise as Bev, Mrs. Kersh, Stan's decapitated head, Mr. Keene, the Gas Station attendant, Ben's Dad, the Mummy and probably a few more that i'm forgetting.

...but Prometheus was rated R

Not to mention it's missing King's signature racism. Every scene with Henry and Mike I was cringing at how he not once called the bassmouth a fucking nigger.

>seeing a womans breasts is far worse than seeing a little boy having his arm torn off

hmmm

>Orgy

It was a train.

This movie was only rated 14A here in Canada it was pretty tame

nudity and sex is what makes R movies feel R rated.

15 and 17 aren't that different. We don't it and R.

Came back from it, but it was rated R here in Ontario. Didn't actually know ratings could change by province

Ontario has no R rating, and the R rating doesn't necessarily correspond to any Ontario rating. For example, Scream 3 was rated R in the USA, but it was rated 14A here. Saw 3 was rated R in the USA, but it was rated 18A here.