youtube.com/watch?v=vxzGGABAU5o
youtube.com/watch?v=pDt5DG4zSL4
youtube.com/watch?v=8SFHfQ-iEdY
vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/05/david-lynch-twin-peaks-season-two
youtu.be/wMSfp2lizW0
youtube.com/watch?v=dk5aBRrHZFY
youtube.com/watch?v=mgwtjVJmHtI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sheryl Lee is amazing in every way, shape and form imaginable!

>arm says doppleganger must come back in before you can go out
>immediately says "go now"
>coop tries to go through curtain. can't
>talks to leland then walks towards flash of electricty
>1st person vision blurred and 2 paths get superimposed on echother
>gets thrown into non existence

dougiecoop was tulpa the whole time, right? mike woke him up when he was ready. as soon as Mr C went back, coop reappears with his pin.

thoughts??

>why didn't you save me user?

Did he go to the Black Lodge when he was killed?

>Season 4 of 10 episodes is confirmed
>David Lynch announces that he will only direct first and last 2 episodes and mid-season finale

Who do you want to direct the rest? I would like to see Kyle directing some episodes

>people actually love the log lady
What's the appeal?

since when

What? Doppelcoop is a doppelganger, not a tulpa. They had to kill him and BOB in order to continue.

It's not actually confirmed user, I am just asking who you would like to see directing some episodes of TP

dougiecoop, not dopple. as in cooper from coming out from the outlet (accompanied by lots of black smoke like other tulpa's when they die) up until "gordon!" in the sheriff's office in e17

when did actors directing go right?

nobody say gosling

joss whedon

I think you missed his point, he's saying that Dougiecoop was never actually cooper but a Tulpa. The real coop didn't actually leave the lodge until Dougiecoop had placed the ring on Mr C's finger and went into the basement at the great northern

youtube.com/watch?v=3nOFipZxrWo

Now this is something REALLY interesting to think about.

alf

I want abstract episode directed by Grandrieux

youtube.com/watch?v=ZdRO-jrYLss

>David Lynch announces that he will only direct first and last 2 episodes and mid-season finale

Good. Maybe it won't be so shit then.

youtube.com/watch?v=vxzGGABAU5o

clint eastwood

oops, was meant to reply to

David Duchovny

fair enough

Now, this is really something interesting to think about.

Diane Keaton

Pls no more twin peaks
The Return was kino but I'm convinced at this point that Lynch is going senile

what if somehow audrey got the ring from the nurse who took it from annie at the hospital and had it on when she died during child birth, sending her to a lodge, and ending up in one of the many teapots in the room behind the projector in the white lodge

Moth frog is Judy. The little girl is Sarah.

>she died during child birth
What?

and she can control time too and was living out a part of the dream where sarah lives. whoa!!

>s01e01 us viewers in millions: 34.6
>s03e18 us viewers in millions: 0.240

where did everything go so wrong?

>anyone who dies with the ring on ends up as generator fuel for the fireman's crazy schemes
even if those generators were the same thing as Jeffries kettle (which they aren't, none of them have a spout and they're clearly more like the thing which Naido gets electrocuted by), where are you getting the idea that the ring would have that effect? Doesn't happen to Rey, Dopplecoop or Laura.

Really pretentious bit of pop analysis for you: I think you can see Twin Peaks: The Return as a metaphor for all literary art after Roland Barthes, viz., the Film’s premise that the Film becomes conscious of itself as “conscious,” as having interests and an agenda; the Film becomes literally self-referential.

This is a theme already occurring in previous Lynch's work, Inland Empire. The Film is alive and is taking part in its own production.

"Audrey's Dance" is a prime example of that, alongside the final scene (as a matter of fact the entire final episode). What we see after that Roadhouse scene is Audrey's painful realization of being trapped inside a Film.

Source?

was there any mention of her by anyone else? whats the most we know about what happened to her other than richard is her son?

I don't think he's senile.
He's just extremely bitter that one of his most hated works became the most succesfull and popular.
Why else would he make coop go back in time to save Laura and therefore erase everything that happened in season 1 and 2.
I dunno. I don't think i can ever firgive him for that.

So even if season 4 were to happen, with the way Lynch has been working it would probably end on an even weirder and bleaker note than season 2 and 3, right?

youtube.com/watch?v=pDt5DG4zSL4
full episode

is that ted raimi?

Is it just me or is Diane/Laura Dern really ugly? Does anyone find her attractive?

I don't know. Lynch can do genuinely happy endings and more often than not does.

a version of ray is seen in the black lodge. there's someone who looks like laura palmer in the lodge. dopplecoop goes back in the lodge.

just talking about a series of events that wouldn't be impossible if they had to explain more in a theoretical season 4

>Lynch hates Twin Peaks
when will this meme die

Not sure if I'd call her ugly but she does have a horseface which didn't exactly get better as he got older. But even back in Wild at Heart and Blue Velvet days she wasn't really someone you'd look at twice if you saw her on the street.

>tv audience with no internet vs tv audience when the internet has more audience in general

Nothing went wrong, you're just a mentally ill millennial.

>Haaaawk, I'm dying
>actress was literally dying in real life

Why would he hate TP if he was about to quit the Showtime deal if they didn't give him more episodes

When did this become the story? A couple of days ago people were saying it was Showitme that forced Lynch to make 18 episodes rather than 9.

Are You An Uncle Andy Or An Uncle Dick?

DOgup iJOEns

youtube.com/watch?v=8SFHfQ-iEdY
L
O
L

what about that implies he hates Twin Peaks? You could easily argue it just represents his frustration over the pressure put on him in season 2 and the show being cancelled.

Because 9 episodes is not enough to destroy his own show while being as self-indulgent as Lynch can possibly be.

There were literally five tv stations back then dude

Sure. But why else would he retcon S1/2? I see no other reason.

He only retconned S1/2 if you think he did, but there are so many other ways to interpet the ending of episode 18 that you can't say it's the one and true truth. I mean, we still can't agree whether the ending was negative or positive in tone.

Why do peopl ethink it's positive?

The original timeline still exists. This is proven by the beginning of Part 18, which takes place AFTER Laura has been "saved," when Dougie 2.0 gets sent to JaneyE and Sonny Jim. If the original timeline was destroyed by saving Laura, and none of the last three seasons ever happened, why would a new Dougie need to be sent to the Joneses?

vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/05/david-lynch-twin-peaks-season-two
“The pilot is the only thing I am particularly, extremely proud of. There were great moments along the way,” he said. “The second season sucked.”
“I stopped watching that show because it got so bad,” he admitted.

>Laura remembers who she is so she can wake up from her dream
>The Palmer house, which has been established to be where Judy resides, is destroyed by Laura's scream

Idk there's some optomisim there.

Because lodges exist beyond time and Dougies family were not inlovled with Twin Peaks.
But everything that happened in Twin Peaks (so EVERYTHING that happened in first two seasons) is retconned now.

What did he retcon? All Cooper has done is fucked with reality and caused more problems. He tried to save Laura but obviously she's too important for her to be alive so she gets taken away by the lodge.

Well maybe if Lynch and Frost didn't fuck off from the show to work on their other projects, the second season wouldn't have gone to shit. Yes exposing Bob that early on was a bad call on the studio's part, but he could have found ways to make it more muddied and not as clear cut as to why Laura was killed.

When was the Palmer house destroyed

>He only retconned S1/2 if you think he did
Fuck off. Pete never found the body. Therefore nothing happened.

>preferring Frost to Lynch

Electricity goes out, house goes dark then disappears

Then there should have been more viewers for the season 3 finale then.

JaneyE is connected to twin peaks, she was married to a tulpa created by Mr. C. If Laura never died, Cooper never comes to twin peaks and gets stuck in the lodge, and Mr. C never creates dougie.

Face it, nothing was retconned.

CUTE!

>What did he retcon?
The entirety of season 1 and season 2.
It didn't happen.

Can someone post the chad interpreter meme? Forgot to save from a few threads ago

>Twin Peaks had virtually no competition for people attention back in the 80's, so that means that the season taking place 25+ years later should have the exact same amount of viewers, despite having to compete with THE INTERNET as well as only being available on an obscure subscription service nobody even likes

: - )

If you think S1-2 got retconned you don't understand the finale

It doesn't work like that though. What you're talking about is the main contradiction of every time travel plot.
It's never explained properly, but what you see is what you get. Pete never found the body and we saw that.

Sure, link me to Vaati video.

>It doesn't work like that

Why not?

We clearly see that a new Dougie is created for JaneyE AFTER Laura is saved, and JaneyE wouldn't be in the situation she's in unless the events of Twin Peaks S1-2 has happened. There are multiple timelines/realities, the original one still exists.

but that's not a retcon, user. who says it didn't happen?

I don't think he hates its success, I think he just has a lot of resentment for the execs and audience who pushed him to reveal the killer so early on, because then the show stopped being about Laura which was all Lynch ever really cared about. For me The Return isn't about erasing everything that happened in s1 and s2, or even Cooper's return to twin peaks, its quite literally "returning" the mystery of laura to the heart and soul of the show, which I think is a brilliant way of concluding it for good. If you interpret The Return as a complete retcon it means another season/movie would be like digging up laura's corpse and raping it all over again, I think lynch just wants to let sleeping dogs lie

S4 is about the mysterious death of Carrie Page, calling it now

Then why Cooper literally says “Now there are some things that will change” and “The past dictates the future.”?

It's not Lynch is retconning the seasons. It's a part of the narrative. Cooper is using his minimal knowledge of the lodge worlds to manipulate reality and in turn is causing more problems than he's fixing. One of the biggest ones was trying to prevent Laura from being killed in the first place. Removing Laura from the picture doesn't change much. Almost all the events not directly related to Laura's death will still unfold the roughly the same. Also keep in mind that there's probably more than one universe in this series, so it's more than likely that all Cooper did was try and bring another Laura through and something got fucked up. Same with that other Laura he finds and brings to Twin Peaks only to find they never lived there. So all Cooper did was go to some other reality to where a person physically identical to Laura, but born in a different place due to all the variables that could lead to that and somehow by bringing the knowledge he has about her as Laura Palmer caused some breaking in reality of either her existence or that universes existence.

>inb4 s4 is about cooper tracking down Frost because he is the prime suspect in the steven/becky murder case
no amount of lore-shitting will get you out of this one, Frostie.

>Almost all the events not directly related to Laura's death will still unfold the roughly the same.
Everything started with Pete finfing the body. Lauras death inluenced almost everything that happened. It wouldn't be the same.

>reading some post kino reviews

I've never seen Lynching on this scale before. Holy shit. "T-this isn't what made le comfy pie show g-good."

youtu.be/wMSfp2lizW0
;_;

>;_;
What the fuck does this mean?

The Limited Event Series Soundtrack is gorgeous. The piece I wanted more than any other during the series was 'The Fireman' and it sounds so fucking perfect in FLAC through my Beyerdynamics. Penderecki's TttVoH I knew about for some time beforehand, but it's still nice to hear another of the miltitude of versions that are out there. Honourable mentions to Accident / Farewell Theme and Jonny Jewel's Windswept edit.

Seriously, if you were into the sounds of S3, go and get this immediately.

>autist can't recognize basic human emotions
It's a crying face, user.

When was that?

I think Lynch wants to keep going with it. I mean he had this whole thing done up as a TV series. The more he could unravel about Laura and all this supernatural and metaphysical stuff surrounding her is what he wanted. The reason for keeping her killer unknown was meant to simply be a symbol of the evil people do. It's like when after Bob is revealed and one of the guys talks about how messed up this all is knowing Bob exists Cooper snaps back saying if it would be easier knowing it father willingly raped and murdered his daughter. That's what Lynch was attempting to get across with the show. It doesn't how you explain it away, people are capable of doing horrible horrible things to one another.

So you're saying, that if Laura didn't die all the underlying stuff with let's say Josie wouldn't exist. That she wouldn't be a former Chinese mob boss who ended up being "owned" by some British guy who got her to marry Catherine's brother and hired Hank to kill him so that she could inherit the mill and sell it off to Andrew Horne so that he could look like "savior business man, preventing the loss of so many jobs"? She'd just be unknown Chinese woman who looks at herself in the mirror for all eternity while Pete Fishes forever?

>Frost is arrested
>Lynch interrogates him
>"I was just in the woods with my dog, I swear!"
>"It's a goddamn bad story, isn't it, Mark?"

Daily reminder

Actors who gave or would have given their last breaths to Twin Peaks:
>Catherine Coulson
>Miguel Ferrer
>Warren Frost
>David Bowie

Actors too lazy to get off the beach for a couple days to pay homage to the show that immortalized them as a main character:
>Michael Ontkean

FUCK YOU HARRY

>if Laura didn't die all the underlying stuff with let's say Josie wouldn't exist.
Everything would unravel differently. It wouldn't be the same. Making the first two seasons useless.

has anyone here actually watched both 17 and 18 side by side? shit makes a lot more sense when you view each episode at a different timeline.

youtube.com/watch?v=dk5aBRrHZFY

the last scene in particular is perfectly synced. coopers knocks just as the ominous part of lauras theme hits in the other episode. also judy attacking the picture in 17 causes laura to react in 18

other things like both coopers teleporting at the same time has me convinced this is intentional

Actors who wanted to reprise their roles, but weren't allowed to because Frost and Lynch are hacks:
Heather Graham

>Actors who don't give a fuck about Twin Peaks
ftfy

"I don't know. I guess [Annie] was taken away to the room, right?" Graham speculated. "The red room and the cool backwards talking place?"

"the cool backwards talking place"
"""the cool backwards talking place"""
""""""the cool backwards talking place""""""

What would you have her say?

Ontkean did nothing wrong

The Return wasn't Twin Peaks

youtube.com/watch?v=mgwtjVJmHtI

Does anyone else consider this the true ending of Laura's story? It's such a beautiful way to end it. I cry everytime