Found Footage General - /ffg/ - The Official Sup Forums Found Footage Thread

>not having a weakness for found footage

Resources:
IMDB of FF - foundfootagecritic.com/
WIKI - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Found_footage_(film_technique)

What found footage film are you looking forward to, Sup Forums?

What is your favorite found footage film?

What found footage film that you like is mentioned the least?

Have a rare found footage film that you want uploaded ITT? Ask and you might get it. I have access to a lot of them.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uvwEyHeRSvE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>unironically watching this low effort, low budget garbage

you need to go back

kill yourself faggot

I could make garbage like this in my house with a shoe string budget and shitcunts like you would still pay full price tickets to go watch this garbage.

you're literally everything wrong with the movie industry. you reward the hollyjews for making low effort shit. this is why we can't have nice things.

>I could make garbage like this in my step-dad's house
ftfy

>I'm 12 and I find shaky cam scary
ftfy

>I could make garbage like this in my house with a shoe string budget

no you can't

Items needed:
a boom stick
some fishing line
some lights
a shitty video recorder
a camera guy with parkinson's

Yes. I can.

Anyone watch this? Worth it?

>i can collect basic equipment
>that means I could make found footage film Sup Forums would want to see

yeah no. go back to looking for jobs on craigslist, shittalker.

>"""""""""""based on""""""""""" true events

I swear to god you people have the intellectual integrity of a 12 year old. I'll never understand how you can suspend your disbelief long enough to enjoy such a contrived pile of shit.

All I've got to do is pull people out of beds and make cupboards open with fishing line and then shake the camera a lot and throw in a jump scare or two.

Found footage is an unwatchable, cheap gimmick for filmmakers who don't know how to make films.

No. Literally every single "BASED ON TRUE NEVER BEFORE SEEN EVENTS THAT WE JUST MADE UP" film is ever worth it.

"""""""""""""""""""""sci-fi movie""""""""""""""""""""""

I always found it hilarious how they put in the open or closing scenes, "This is a work of fiction." They literally (and rightly) think that their audience is so stupid they would actually believe that it's real footage they found.

despite being objectively bad movies I enjoy most found footage because I'm a sucker for anything filmed in an atmospheric environment with the possibility of something, anything happening.

That is usually more creepy than whatever the actual reveal is

remember how many people thought blair witch was real?

It had potential as a concept, if the majority of the films were done in an abstract manner. Kinda sad the genre went the way it did

Creep is on Netflix. Should I watch it?

[Rec], Ghostwatch and Cannibal Holocaust are the only ones worth watching.

yes

grave encounters is the only good one.

K back in a few hours

What happened to Johnny?

I literally watch this one every year. Low budget but perfect atmosphere.

I just watched "Evidence" based on people here saying it was good but now I realise there are 2 found footage movies called evidence and i probably spent an hour and a half watching the wrong fucking one because it was absolutely terrible because i don't think even your guys judgement is this bad

>every character has to have a deep self introspection to leave
>black guy just has a kid with a French toasties and is ok to go

Racist as fuck, blacks are more than that. 10 triggered out of 10

I liked parts of the movie, but it's pretty dumb and schlock. Descent is essentially a better movie all-around.

C H R O N I C A L

I usually don't like found footage shit, but this was okay.

It's cliché I'll admit my genius gf didn't like it for the same reasons but considering how low the budget was it's still impressive and comfy.
On another note Willow Creek was all about the atmosphere and believable character chemistry, with a great ending.

>running from a fucking monster or beast
>hehehe, I'm not going to drop this camera

I felt it would have worked better if they'd have made it more focused on archeology. There's something neat about gradually discovering fucked up historical shit in horror, builds a sense of dread and a "do we actually want to know more?" feel. I like horrors that make me go to bed thinking about them.

Watched this one, can recommend
youtube.com/watch?v=uvwEyHeRSvE

To be fair on the Blair Witch, it had a god tier marketing effort and they made a documentary around the time of its release that played it straight. I seem to remember that documentary almost being as spooky as the film as a kid (in b4 'thats not hard')

dead

Are there any super cozy found footage movies?

You probably watched the right one, the movie is just complete dogshit.

Any good mockumentary style horror? I liked Lake Mungo and The Poughkeepsie Tapes more than the standard straight found footage movies.

Horror found footage?Ghostwatch is pretty cozy because it is like a time capsule of the 90s.And it is kinda found footage

how are the movies as a whole? I've they're kind of a mixed bag

i think fp movies like hardcore henry are better than ff films

the bobcat goldthwait bigfoot movie was good tho

>I'm a sucker for anything filmed in an atmospheric environment
This is why I like FF. There's something instantly atmospheric and comfy about the format.

I unironically enjoyed Chronicle. I thought it was best when they were just dicking around with their superpowers, before the whole I'M AN APEX PREDATOR thing.

The first two are worth watching. They each have one outstanding segment, some good segments, and some simply okay segments. The third is the worst, because the bulk of it isn't very good. However, that one short by Nacho Vigalondo is easily on par with the best segments in the first two, IMO.

>I'm 10 and i don't respect others opinions and I don't like you shouldn't like too