Why is the medical industry subject to free market capitalism when nobody chooses what disease they get...

Why is the medical industry subject to free market capitalism when nobody chooses what disease they get, and therefor have no control over the kind of treatment they are forced to use?

Why are prescription drugs marketed directly to consumers who have no control over what their doctor prescribes to them

>Using epipen having its price being skyrocketed as a scapegoat to bash the free market.
>When epipen was able to skyrocket its price by lobbying to destroy any attempts to step into their monopoly.

Every single generic made by a different company was shot down in court or by the FDA.
They bought the patent from the US military, meaning they didn't need to do R&D costs themselves.
The drug itself is super easy to produce.

You think that the 200% price increase is an example of why the government should be more involved in the medical system, when in fact it is an example of why the government should FUCK OFF.

>Why are prescription drugs marketed directly to consumers who have no control over what their doctor prescribes to them
Because the consumer has full control to not get the drugs their doctor has deemed them worthy to receive. Do you not understand how the drug market works? You aren't allowed all of these restricted drugs until your doctor, with his medical license, deems you worthy to receive them. It is then at your discretion under the free market to purchase this product.

Why are commies so fucking retarded sometimes?

>no doc. I don't want the drug you have recommended me in your professional capacity. I would prefer the one I saw in a 30 second ad between episodes of Gillian's island

Because private insurance companies need to make a profit. That's basically it. There is no reason that the government could not simply provide those same medications, they just choose not to .

Because the disease is bad luck but the drug is a product and is thus subject to market conditions. At least you got the disease for free you ungrateful sod.

>medical industry subject to free market capitalism
kek

I'm confused at your inability to understand the free market.

There are drugs out there.
A patient goes to a doctor, who then allows them access, with their elevated privileges thanks to their doctoral degree, to a spectrum of them, then recommends one.
The patient is then free to make their decision and willingly purchase one or another, or not even at all.

I don't know how to better explain the open market to you.

>when nobody chooses what disease they get, and therefor have no control over the kind of treatment they are forced to use?
but you do you fat fuck.

>free market capitalism

>bribing congress via lobbyists

To add, I feel like you're advocating for even more government intervention in this field while bitching about government intervention in the field.

Who delegates the privileges to the doctor?

THANKS FOR CORRECTING THE RECORD
KILL YOURSELF

This.
Free market would take care of it, if the market was free.

I can't tell my doctor what to prescribe. I'm not a doctor I have no say in the matter.

>fat
Projecting much?

Because the Medical Industrial Complex lobbies the government.

The USA thinks that it can solve things getting more expensive, by allowing more money/debt to be spent on the problem. You know, Keynesian Economics.

housing too much? make mortgages cheaper and then allow them to be turned into securities . that way the lenders make their profits right away. who cares if the borrowers can't repay.

college? government controlled loans that the borrower is forced to pay back in full. though thanks to compound interest, they never do. great profit for the lenders and government.

medical care? you have to buy insurance or the government taxes you. the cheap plans have really high deductibles. So you spend money, and have no covereage, unless something catastrophic happens to you.

OP, you're falsely assuming that market zealots have any capacity for empathy.

You will hear the same few swiss-cheese appeals about regulation being the true root of all evil but the real answer is that these problems don't really bother the market zealot because they believe in survival of the fittest and that if you get sick, you were just destined to die.

The United States Medical Licensing Examination® (USMLE®) is a three-step examination for medical licensure in the United States and is sponsored by the Federation of State Medical Boards (FSMB) and the National Board of Medical Examiners® (NBME®).[1] Physicians with an M.D. degree are required to pass this examination before being permitted to practice medicine in the United States; see below for requirements of physicians with a D.O. degree.

You can now address the point at hand.

Right. You're asking for more government invention while bitching about government intervention disallowing you access to drugs. Make up your fucking mind.

Epipen monopoly was created by crony capitalism. Not by a free market.

head of the company that makes epipen is related to a democrat senator.