Im an ex member of the Detroit PD, ama

Hello Sup Forums, I am a former member of the detroit PD, I served from 2014 to 2015. I experienced the worst of the worst conditions possible for police officers to endure, and i have a limitless amount of stories from my 1 year stay, some of which i would like to forget.

I originally moved to detroit because i wanted to make a difference, I had originally thought that if the people of detroit had a more friendly police force, or if i could relate to them, that this would decrease crime.

I couldnt have been more wrong.

Shootings are daily, we start off the morning by sending out the "paddy wagon" to search for dead bodies. Lots of the crime goes un-reported due to the "no snitching" attitude of the people living there. The last statistic we ran was that around 80 people out of 1000 will be killed in the hardest areas, basically you had about a 8% chance of being shot any given day. We hardly even patrol the hardest areas because its just too dangerous, these animals are so brazen that they will openly brazen guns at us or even shoot the squad cars.

The last straw for me was when we were conducting a raid on one of the homes on lincoln street. We had gotten a tip that they were using one of the MANY MANY abandoned houses as a drug distribution and cutting center. During the raid I had to kill one of the suspects because they shot my partner in the chest. His vest stopped the round but that could have been me, and it could have landed on my head or neck. After that i quit and moved back to san fransisco to work at their local police department.

My view of black people has totally changed, Im still nervous and on edge around any black people i meet, regardless of the situation. I no longer believe that all the races are the same after having to endure that hell.

No i will not post any pictures of my uniform, badge, or gun. Our job is so hazardous in detroit that basically every piece of our uniform is able to identify who we are in case someone kills us.

ama

Other urls found in this thread:

liveleak.com/view?i=fac_1372133667
youtube.com/watch?v=jhrwC2BoAkE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>you had an 8% chance of being shot any given day

So after 3 weeks the area was uninhabited i assume?

What kind of people work in the Detroid PD? Their motivations? Do they see a future in Detroit?

I know your exgf Angela.

Now I know what happens when you let monkeys escape from the local zoo

Don't blame you officer, the immortal words around blacks never relax still rings true.

how many niggas did you smoked?

this

some people are just stuck there, The pay is absolute shit and there isnt really and room for promotions. its a dead end job. I was lucky enough i had money stored up that i could move to somewhere else, the police are stuck there like the criminals are

its all uninhabitable, its hard to explain how different of a world it is

are you still a cop if so where do you work now also have any greentxt stories ?

What's her last name

I fucking love japanon's

Why do you hate african americans?

I only killed one, most of them are amateurs when it comes to fighting and shooting, so we can take them down without having to shoot them most of the time, but shootings are not uncommon
My partner was forced to run over someone because they were shooting at his car

I am still a cop, if you want stories just ask about what, i have basically seen it all now.

Angela M.

Would you ever consider being a police officer in England, where you get to arrest people for buying cutlery?

M-Merkel?

>its all uninhabitable, its hard to explain how different of a world it is

Please explain how you actually believe detroit has an 8% DAILY shooting rate. Theres only 300 murders ish on average in detroit yearly. So how are 80 people a day getting shot in one area?

Go troll somewhere else.

Why are so many Michigan cops criminals themselves?

So was this your first experience around blacks. Saying this is what made you racist and that you thought you could make a change plus being from San Francisco makes me think so

What is your stance on gun ownership?

What is standard procedure for going into one of the more dangerous areas? Do you guys just take a lot of backup with you or do you go in like a patrol in Afghanistan?

>The last statistic we ran was that around 80 people out of 1000 will be killed in the hardest areas, basically you had about a 8% chance of being shot any given day.

no wonder you're a cop rofl

Sorry you had to experience that, but you are better off taking that redpill.

basic math. detroit is a huge city but the murders are concentrated so we're talking 100,000 people with 200 people being killed a year. Watering it down with the rest of the relatively peaceful suburbs is dishonest.

have u witnessed some corruption there? i believe its the best thing u can do

Michigander here
Do you guys still have that special gang force?

Is there any hope for detroit?

How do you feel about Bill Clinton saying that syrian refugees should 'save' detroit?

our department run statistic was that for about every 1000 people, ~80 would be killed in gun related deaths, last time i checked 80 is 8% of 1000, dont believe what the city tells you, its much worse than they want to admit.

i dont know about all of michigan, but the people i worked with were not corrupt and were some of the most devoted men i ever met

LEGAL gun ownership is ok imo, the problem we have is that they simply steal guns and swap them around as they commit murders with them. I think there has to be punishment for those who dont properly secure their guns because they end up in the hand of criminals.

We never go into the most dangerous areas unless we get a call or we absolutely have to. You ALWAYS have you partner with you and you ALWAYS expect to have to get in a shooting with someone. We dont even patroll places like warren ave because its so dangerous. But when we go we go in pairs and more than one squad car

something about this guy

not really, almost all of the crimes are gang related so have a special gang task force is redundant. We do separate ourselfs from the undercovers and experts on gang activity, but the two have kinda merged due to lack of funding.

Fuck you pig. I hope your daughters are raped.

Spotted the nigger

I doubt it. Cops are drunk driving, weed smoking thieves.

t. Nigger

Do you have any advice for someone just getting into law enforcement? I'm in a fairly well off area, but it is becoming more and more "multicultural" by the day

San Fransisco though? Damn man you really went from one to the other. I'm guessing that was intentional given your experiences.

What are some things that surprised you about the people in the area? I'm assuming you didn't really know what it was like.

>our department run statistic was that for about every 1000 people, ~80 would be killed in gun related deaths, last time i checked 80 is 8% of 1000, dont believe what the city tells you, its much worse than they want to admit.

Right, but you're mixing up the time intervals. 80 deaths per what? Day? Year? Millennium?

8% chance of being shot any given day
Assume all shots are fatal
92% chance of survival every day
0.92^21=0.1735
After 3 weeks, 17.35% of the population remains

How do you tell what kind of drugs a nigger is on?

Here's a PCP nigger samurai:
liveleak.com/view?i=fac_1372133667

wouldn't that be swell

Is San Francisco any better?

I heard that place is swarmed with homeless and nude people

It's not the cops you should be worried about tough guy.

I think he said 80 per day

>fuck you pig

What is the absolute worst neighborhood in detroit?

>i hope your daughters get raped
Well you would know a thing or two about that wouldn't you tyrone.

Why don't you piss off and let the nice police officer talk to people here. Thanks!

80/1000 people dying of gun related deaths != 8% daily shooting rate

Sorry to be autistic but a shooting rate that high would be enough to kill every single person in under a year

8% of the population of Detroit is not getting murdered every day.

Weed? Nah, that isn't the drug that cops abuse. What 1 in 4 to 1 in 3 are abusing is STEROIDS. Remember that the next time you hear about a cop freaking out and shooting everyone. It's roid rage.

Every time you interact with a cop it's like playing Russian Roulette. Be polite, it costs nothing. Time to be rude is later on with the lawsuits. Of course niggers, they couldn't be polite if they tried...

pretty sure he ment per year since per capita is usually counted per year

dont trust anyone, ever.

so much better i cant even quantify the difference.

yes, people who smoke pot reek of it and. people on crack or coke are jittery and paranoid. Heroin makes them act like zombies, and pcp makes them go batshit crazy

Welcome back to SF, user. See you around the station ;-)

You're in good company, just keep it low until...well you'll know when. SHAKE UP SOON!!!

Neck yourself nigger i hope a cop kills your child

>black lies matter!!

>a shooting rate that high would be enough to kill every single person in under a year
if you really want to be autistic, then no, it wouldn't kill everyone
at some point there would only be one person left, and you can't murder yourself.

Your opinion about US issues doesn't matter. Fuck off EuroNigger

Is being a cop in America scary? Anyone can have a gun, just like you.

Don't you have some liquor store looting to get to hoodrat?

BUILD A WALL AROUND..... it could pay by itself just leaving the population going FERAL and later open some sort of Hunting season!!!!L

How much of the violence is drug related? Either someone dealing, someone enforcing payment/turf or someone using? How much of that violence would go away if drugs were legalized?

what do you think of the kratom ban?
any cool stories of san francisco tech scene?

I did a little rough math

Assuming that you're referring to a 80/1000 liftetime shooting rate

Assuming the average lifetime is 70 years

.08/(365*70)=.000003% daily shooting rate

Which is still pretty high, that means over the course of 10 years roughly 1% of the population can expect to be shot and killed

I don't think it's daily. And well, Detroit's population has been declining over the decades. You could say all the people that could leave, have already left and the rest of slowly killing themselves.

the worst part is going into siuations were there are so many unkowns.

the person you are pulling over could just pull out a gun and waste you.

Pretty obvious that his stat meant 8% lifetime.
Compare that to the 0.003% chance for the rest of the US.

almost all the violence is gang related, steming from the drug economy there. And you cant legalize this shit, ive seen what stuff like heroine and crack does to these communities and im telling you it needs to be illegal to have, use, or produce.

>Im still nervous and on edge around any black people i meet, regardless of the situation.

I can relate and it is understandable, but this is nothing but psychology. Make friends with one or more black people and eventually you will reset. Other wise you will not recover and start believing 4 chan bullshit about races.

Our you can live the rest of your life being twitchy for no reason around black people who are totally harmless.

To be fair he said in his OP "You have an 8% chance of being shot every day" which does not sound like lifetime rates to me

Detroit is a shithole just like Rio and about 80% of the middle east.

How about we do them a favor and just put them out of their misery?

not if you control the situation, why dont they teach you guys to fuck people up?

i mean look, if its sketchy at all, my gun would be out and in my hand and the driver or whatever would know that i am going to fucking kill him if he fucks around

and if he tests that then i would draw down on him and order him to the ground and cuff him then check his shit out

fuck police policies

you need to be more military

typical Sup Forums to get hung up on a number like proper autists

Fucking Sup Forums not understanding what OP meant by 8%.

>Imagine it like a list of 1000 outcomes
>920 of them say "Live"
>80 of them say "die"
>Each day, you pick one at random (Go into the worst areas of Detroit)
>When that choice is selected, it still remains on the list
>Chances of choosing "die" are still 80/1000, not 80/999

Fucking basic statistical maths, lads.

Numbers are important swedecuck

For example, there's a humongous difference between "10% of swedish women will be raped by imported Arabs while their beta men stand by and watch helplessly per day" and "10% of swedish women will be raped by imported Arabs while their beta men stand by and watch helplessly in their lifetime", the difference is several orders of magnitude

>Move to San Francisco to be police officer
>much safer than Detroit
>get assigned to Tenderloin
>get knifed by homeless crack addict

Day of the rope is coming nigger where will you run?

This is what I was getting at.

That is because you are too stupid to infer meanings from language. Not your fault, but please shut up and let the smart people talk.

I don't think you recognized what the actual objection to the statistic was

Everyone understands what you said, it's just that if it were true, 99% of people in detroit would be killed by gunshots in under a month

But they're getting the drugs anyway, aren't they? All you're doing is just setting the price higher.

And people wouldn't be shooting up heroin, they only buy that because it's concentrated and easier to hide and smuggle. They would be smoking opium. Same thing with cocaine, they'd be drinking coca leaf tea, not smoking the concentrated freebase. It's the same reason most people drink beer today and not hard liquor, like they did during Prohibition.

You've heard of functional alcoholics? Alcohol is just as corrosive to society, but somehow alkies find a way to get along and feed their addiction too. Yeah, it's not great, but they're not. causing. chaos.

Stop trying to make a perfect society, it's never going to happen. Aim for one where the people on these drug crutches can hobble along without causing chaos. You do like order right? Not a fan of chaos? What you're doing with the drug laws is causing chaos...

What do you think is the solution to the gang banging problem in the USA?

MY KID COULDA GOT KILLED

I inferred that when he said "you had an 8% chance of getting shot per day" that he was talking about daily risk of getting shot, which seems pretty reasonable to me

If you hear "You have an 8% chance of getting shot every day" and you infer "You have an 8% chance of getting shot in your lifetime" you don't understand the (extremely large) difference or you're kind of dumb

>I originally moved to detroit because i wanted to make a difference
>After that i quit and moved back to san fransisco to work at their local police department.

As someone from the Bay, who the fuck are you? Why would you move from legitimately the best living conditions in America to the worst? Makes me feel like this is a roleplaying thread.

my question would be what is the moral of the local police in detroit, and do they all think of the city as a lost cause? Given employment and buisnesses have gone elsewhere, what is left to serve and protect?

Yep. Cops and Firefighters abuse testosterone.

dude i dont know what universe you live in but you cant be more wrong.

these people are not gonna "sip coca leaf tea" or some shit like that, these people are desperate and will shoot heroin with a dirty needle, like they already do, and spread aids, like they already do.

Pot isnt the problem, its heroin and coke, addicts breed more addicts.

what is the worst thing you have ever seen/heard a nignog do?

what is the funniest thing you have ever seen/heard a nignog do?

drugs and money, and the fact that gang culture is idolized

i saw so many kids look up to gang bangers like they were heroes

i dont know what i was thinking, i thought i could make a difference. noone can

Y'all are going to arrest and rape Kaepernick?

would probably join for the sake of shooting degenerates

Get out nigger.

its the human condition, all you can do is provide these drugs to the highest purity and in the cleanest manner for the cheapest price

when you legalize all this stuff the homies on the corner get destroyed by capitalism

just like what happened with rum runners and bootleggers

when the stuff is legal

no one goes to uncle billy in his basement to get rum

they go to the store to get the best, cheapest rum or whatever rum they want

these are facts and you need to start seeing them

history happened

prohibition happened

this is literally the same thing

prohibition 2.0

Michigan goes hard California pussy

the worst thing ive seen a "nig nog" do is beat someone to death with a hammer. apparently he had owed him like 3 dollars so he brought out a claw hammer and started bashing his head in. We arrived just in time to see him picking out his brains with the hammer

The funniest thing ive seen someone do was when they were drunk and disorderly. We stopped him because he was wondering around drunk, told joikes the entire time so we brought him to the drunk tank and cleaned him up, gave him a fresh change of clothes

Is this proper police procedure?

youtube.com/watch?v=jhrwC2BoAkE

>I'm so proud of the fact that everything I have is in the middle of a desolate shit hole, and babies like you can't handle living in hell like I can!

>a human life
>3 dollars
That's just fucking sad. Not just because it's a very low price for a life, but because he could have easily paid him that back a little later so the whole killing is completely meaningless.