Who ruined film criticism?

Who ruined film criticism?

This. I was overjoyed when I heard that this charlatan had finally died, but I was also saddened by the fact that he hadn't suffered that much before deciding that he could insult film criticism no longer. The pain and suffering that he went through is only a fraction of the evil that he inflicted on the millions of cinematically illiterate teenagers.
When I found out that the old fart had finally decided to not assault the public with his adolescent approach to art, I pulled off the framed picture of Armond White from my wall, kissed it reverently, and immediately embarked on a Korine marathon. Good riddance, you jawless hack.

God literally made him shut up.

I think it's always better to get reviews from reviewers you know, rather than aggregate scores from hundreds of reviewers or the score given by a particular website.

If Chris Stuckman likes a film, then I know that it's the sort of film that Chris stuckman likes. If The Guardian likes a film, then I know it's the sort of film that one of the Guardian's many, many employees liked. I don't know Guardian employee #527's tastes, but I do know Chris Stuckman's.

literally only hated by video game fags

He's the film equivalent of the guy who thinks only landscape paintings and portraits are beautiful.

That's a good point.

I find that I gravitate towards reviewers that have similar tastes to my own. If they like a film, chances are I may like it too.

Also, some critics are better for certain genres. If you like superhero films like Marvel, you can find those that do too, while others may not.

It was dead on arrival. The entire concept of a "critic" is sad, pathetic and pointless. I never let the opinion of someone too useless to have a real job influence whether I do or don't see a movie.

Isn't he the guy from that weird .gif in which it looks like he is having a seizure while some woman shoves a prosthetic jaw in his face?

But that's accurate. Don't tell me you like Rothko Judaism gradients for CIA money laundering?

ye

Sup Forums

Not really. A lot of the time he was trying to push his agenda. He gave movies mediocre reviews for violence and shit like that.

>implying the nostalgia faggot has any fans outside of autistic teenagers
>implying he will ever be big enough to ruin something

The nostalgia critic feels like some alternate timeline when early 2000's era youtubers never progressed beyound the early 2000's

Watching him review a modern movie feels like if that movie was released 10 years ago

Yeah I watched that video too. You cunt.

>implying the entirety of youtube movie criticism isn't based on his shitty formula

What video?

Isn't his formula just recreating the film scene by scene really quickly with ironically bad costumes and effects?

RLM

After Pauline Kael died.

the emergence of amateur online critics like Harry Knowles and Devin Faraci. Up until the late 90s, there were about a dozen professional film critics who all worked for major newspapers and magazine.

>What video?
The one you quoted verbatim you cunt. lmao, you're not slick stealing other peoples opinions. Don't respond to me. I just want you to know that I know what you did.

You realise he just ripped off James Rolfe, right?

This. Siskel and Ebert's tv show was the beginning of the end of film critics. They were the only ones anyone ever paid attention to just because they were on tv.

It isn't the same formula.

>Implying douge walker is a real critic
He's just a guy who thinks his looney toons type of comedy is funny, he's not even a real nerd, he doesn't posses enough film knowledge to be a critic, he's just doing it of those sweet autism bucks.

RT is the worst, it's reddit's favorite of the 3. IMDB used to be great before they removed the boards. It still has more accurate ratings than the rest, though.

You're retarded. Ebert loved violence and realism. He gave The Wild Bunch and Bring Me The Head of Alfredo Garcia perfect scores off the top of my head.

The internet ruined film criticism. You can't refute this

Cinema Sins