JJ Abrams isn't a ha-

JJ Abrams isn't a ha-

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dVcW11GoBD0&t=2m51s
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1505090880951.webm
youtu.be/W7oFYfxWsFg?t=177
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

JJ was the worst thing to happen to the franchise.

this makes me feel sick. I don;t remember it being so bad

>crash-zooms
>in Star Wars
Why doesn't Disney nor JJ understand the pottery?

Someone post Avengers 2 one

What movie is this from?

Star Trek

no dude I mean which star wars movie

The Franchise Awakens

Is that what you call it?

I always called it Snyder shake.

Jesus, why is it so fucking gray and boring looking?

No clue, but I'm glad Black Panther is different from this point of view

this is the dumbest shit

What's wrong with this?

fucking lol'd

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

shaky snap-zoom doesn't fucking many sense contextually, also it looks like shit

How unfortunate that JJ Abrahms and Kathleen Kennedy sidelined Leia in the Force Awakens. In The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, she was implied by Yoda, Luke and Vader to have *As Much* potential in the Force as Luke (a potential that actually was explored in the Expanded Universe novels). If JJ Abrahms and Kathleen Kennedy wanted to show female a Force user and develop alternative perspectives on the nature of the Force, they should have used Leia. As a diplomat, leader, and mother, she could have used and been guided by the Force in ways we've not seen onscreen yet. Mediating disputes between contentious factions after the fall of the Empire. Inspiring hope, courage and forgiveness in those who follow her. The maternal instinct to protect and sacrifice for her children. These are just a three new and compelling ways Leia could have demonstrated how the Light Side of the Force can be used for good.

What a shame JJ Abrahms and Kathleen Kennedy did Leia and Carrie Fisher such a disservice. Instead of developing a beloved and classic character in a way that elevated the story and universe of Star Wars, they took a page from fanfiction.net and inserted Rey.

Now Carrie Fisher is dead, and their failure is complete.

This never gets old.

It looks cool though, who cares?

>capeshit fans defend this

Admittedly I had to look up the term for it. Still though, this kind of camera work just doesn't work in Star Wars.

Lucas did the exact same thing in Attack of the Clones
youtube.com/watch?v=dVcW11GoBD0&t=2m51s

>looks cool
ye but this is not CSI

Star wars the force awakens is nothing but Fan service
>"hey look its the millenial falcon!"
>"hey look Han and Chewie said taht they're home"
>"there is Darth Vaders helmet!"
>"its a death star"
Its the most stupid shit

how would you anons have done this shot differently

>What a shame JJ Abrahms and Kathleen Kennedy did Leia and Carrie Fisher such a disservice. Instead of developing a beloved and classic character in a way that elevated the story and universe of Star Wars, they took a page from fanfiction.net and inserted Rey
They did that to every OT cast member. Disney kill Star Wars when they bought it. What we have now is just a corpse strung up with marionette strings with a lightsaber taped to its hand.

This is from a comedy movie right?

Have the camera follow the Falcon close behind through the super structure. That way it could've had cinematic pottery with the second Death Star run.

>cut everything and show the ships speeding into the shipwreck from inside the shipwreck
>follow the tie fighter or whatever they're called now
>cut to sheev laughing
>end the movie

same but keep zooming in until all you see is daisy ridley's feet

turn your brain off XDDD

Even though I feel like this is a pasta, I'll still respond: your criticism is valid, but Carrie was far too coked up to play any kind of meaningful role.

marvel movies are basically comedies by this point and are praised for it

WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA?

So, what's so bad about a crash zoom, you underage virgins?

It's out of place.

in these contexts? they just treat the audience like they're stupid
>here's a zoom in case you haven't noticed the flying lorry/the spaceships speeding through the screen

they add nothing

you're out of place in society

That's a point in his favour really

>MI-III
>Shit Trek
>Wrath of Khan redux
>Super Gay
>New Hope redux
what an amazing artist guys

How?

I beg to differ, they give the shot a more dynamic, news cast quality
>"look up people something's flying through the sky! Is it.... is that a truck? More news at eleven!"
I admit it makes less sense in starwars but in a "stupid" superhero movie it is right we're it belongs

When used here we somewhat got to see more from the zoom, the troopers interacting. In TFA we can already everything in the shot so it was useless.

JJ has no clue what he's doing which is why we kept seeing wrong camera shots used throughout the movie. Can't even count the number of times he used the dutch angle shot in it. And don't even get me started on the helicopter shot.

do you guys still remember the orange butch-yoda?

>news cast quality
so a shitty quality, I agree

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1505090880951.webm

No one will ever forget those butthole eyes

>this was her first time flying a space ship

at the end of the day it's just a minor detail, that SW scene was very enjoyable at the cinema

>tfw when you have nothing to teach Rey because she's already a better Jedi, clearly

OH NO NO NO

good one my dude.

I wonder what that trooper was pointing at

I think the problem with these shots in that they look as though their attempting to make the shot look like a documentary or a shot from a news report. The attempt at realism coupled with the ridiculous content of the frame just makes it seem ridiculous.

He was pointing at a new Taco Bell.

How can a baby so young be so smug?

My doubles

So what's your point? We're all in agreement that they're both shitty movies.

it's pretty ugly but it makes sense in this case, it's used to show what the stormtrooper was doing

>28 seconds

Selective memory, huh?

why does hollywood keep doing this shit?

shot digitally without color correction. if you don't do color correction to digital footage it will just have the stuck gray look. iron man was shot on film, hence why it looks vibrant

youtu.be/W7oFYfxWsFg?t=177

look at that, another one at 2:58

Fun Fact: This movie made 800 trillion dollars in China

>no one noticed me so i better post it again three more times

HOLLYWOOD JEWS HIRE THIS user AND GIVE HIM TOTAL CONTROL OVER NEXT TWO MOVIES. IF HE WANTS TO RESHOOT OR REMOVE ANY SCENES FROM EP 8 YOU DAMN WELL LET HIM

I know a fake Star Wars fan when I see one. You got btfo, kid. Accept it and leave this thread or else.

What was she holding on to? She was two feet from flying out the back with nothing in sight to grab.

JJ is clearly a Gmod fan

That shot was fucking brilliant, what's wrong with you?!

You mean like the real world.

Yeah, I thought it was dumb and out of place the first time I saw EpII in theaters too. Crash-zooms, or snap-zooms or w/e you want to call it just feel out of place in a series that has always (mostly) had solid yet simple camera work that isn't intrusive or disorienting but is still able to capture the action happening on screen.

not the same thing. the trooper was out of frame in the original shot and then it pans down and zooms in

game?

>being a Star Wars fan means accepting everything that is done with it, even the bad decisions.
I bet I've been swinging lightsabers longer than you've been whacking your tiny womprat.

I warned you, kid.