How does IT work?

How does IT work?

>Says it feeds off fear, but tries to comfort Georgie before killing him instantly
>Kills some people like the bullies friend instantly, but takes it time killing others
>has the strength to shapeshift and teleport amd can rip peoples limbs off with a single blow, but gets beat up by a bunch of kids with baseball bats

This shit dont make sense

Anyone got a non shit link for this movie?

dude just turn ur brain off lmao jsut a movie

>Kills some people like the bullies friend instantly, but takes it time killing others
Pennywise takes his time with other kids because he's essentially adding salt to his meal.
>has the strength to shapeshift and teleport amd can rip peoples limbs off with a single blow, but gets beat up by a bunch of kids with baseball bats
means fuckall when kids stop being afraid of you

IT is less scary than a bear. A group of teenages with clubs would have been fucked against a full grown bear.

>Says it feeds off fear, but tries to comfort Georgie before killing him instantly
Georgie was the first meal he saw since his hibernation. Not to mention the fear that'll start when kids show up missing in town that'll scare them enough.

d&d wrote the plot

>the embodiment of fear is irrational

Who would've thought?

Read the book and have some tissues ready for the gangbang on bevvie by the boys.

Did they keep the orgy scene?

That's pretty much how it is in the book, too. Sometimes he kills outright, other times he dicks around first. All of it's to, in Its own words, "salt the meat"

Yeah, a lot of people left my theater when it started happening.

it feeds, seeds and sneeds

yes. it was extremely graphic, and I'm not sure that the penetration was all CGI

>Beaten by 6 primary school kids

Just imagine what a squad of SWAT could do to IT.

>Bill didn't take her with him
>Married some other harlot who looks like Bev
He was a cuck before cuck was a thing

Not much. They either wouldn't see it or would just sort of look the other way like every other adult in the area.

I don't know how many times I've explained this over the course of this weekend but here go's again.

It doesn't feed on fear. It literally eats the children. The fear makes the kids taste better and IT is essentially seasoning his meal by scaring them. The bully was just a happy coincidence for him
>but gets beat up by a bunch of kids with baseball bats
Its better explained in the book because, in the novel, an ancient universal turtle god is protecting the kids the entire time. Its the reason they keep escaping and Pennywise itself is confused as fuck how these kids keep getting away from him. In the end the kids are able to overcome the monster because they all face their individual fears and thus the monster loses its power over them.

The turtle is reference numerous times in the movie through Easter eggs and they MIGHT bring him up in the part 2

What I don't understand is why no adults noticed the absurd amount of child killings?

Like you'd think that the police would have figured out by now the sewers are important, or at least the fact shit seems to go down every 27 years?

A team of adults would actually do worse. The kids are able to defeat IT because its their blind faith that gives them the power to hurt it. The Silver coins from the novel aren't its weakness. They just assume its weak to silver because so are werewolves. Its a child like belief.

Adults don't have that. Adults can be very cynical and in the second half of the book the adults have an even worse time fighting him because they're trying to approach it from a logical standpoint.

Its implied in the book that IT makes people forget or just completely ignore it

I'd whip out my dick and start fapping if they did that

Yep. My sister was disgusted and looked away.

>adults believe it will be ripped apart by bullets
>swat team shows up and it gets ripped apart by bullets

It doesn't feed on Fear, it just uses Fear as a seasoning. In the movie they made it "no actually it can only eat you if you're afraid", which is technically wrong but they got it close enough I guess.

It got him pretty fucking afraid. Side note, in the book Patrick was literally the only death you were straight up rooting for Pennywise on, he was a fucking psychopath.

It's not the bat that hurts it, it's the BELIEF that the bat would hurt it. It turns your fears (beliefs) real, so the kids just used that in reverse kind of.

It was brettttty graphic even by Jew standards

>it does not kill Georgie instantly, you haven't seen the movie
>the bullies friend was absolutely scared first, that's why he was running from the zombies, but you wouldn't know that because you haven't seen the movie
>that is the point of the entire plot, is that the kids as a unit do not fear him, and can overcome his faggot clown powers.

Great thread.

So is this a good movie? Seems to have got Sup Forumss attention

It's literally in the movie. Adults don't care. It's someone else's business, they walk away when they see the fat kid getting beat up.

Oh snap I missed the marturin refs

Completely omitted. Fucking cucks

I can understand adults not wanting to get involved in a kid being beat up to some extent but hundreds of children dying frequently seems like something they would bring up.

Everyone in Derry runs under the logic that missing kids don't mean dead kids.

Even the people that should be mourning, like Bill's parents, just try to forget he ever left.

Oh man it was great. The Black kid got first dibs and everyone was just watching. Even Pennywise was just standing in awe.

I'm not a big fan of IT for this reason, but I believe the idea of it is that there isnt a particular logic like in other horror movies, you just need to go with the flow.
It works for some people and not for others

And yet somehow Compton wasn't on the news tonight.

So the ritual of chud is completely omitted from the new movie? I kind of figured it would be.

Aside from all the fucking people in the book that find dead kids, you mean?

There were two.

When the kids are swimming, the fat one says something bumped his leg and they all get excited and say 'oh, a turtle!'

The second is when Bill sees something in the house and goes into Georgie's room - there's a big ass lego turtle that he picks up and fiddles with for a bit.

this

Science is just as strong of a "belief" as any.
You wouldnt just one day say "gravity is a lie lol" and hop off a building.

If a bunch of adults went down there with grenades and guns ready to rip IT a new one it would work

If you ran a train on a girl with 5 other dudes you'd start to question her viability as a life partner too.

I'd argue Ben was the bigger cuck, even if he got Bev in the end.

The IT also is not all seeing or all knowing, even in Derry. It fact, in the book it's characterized as rather ignorant and overly arrogant of it's position. It's thinks of itself as the devil, but it's just a big fish in a small pond.

And as you see, once someone loses their fear of it, it becomes vulnerable. So it's can't just rip down the street like a big dragon. 1. That will attract tons of attention from people and even other things that can fight it. 2. It'll lose the centuries long thing it's got going in Derry.

How did the bullies die in the book?

In the old movie they all got fucked up by Pennywise in the sewers but in this one Penny only gets one bully and the other just falls too his death

That's why IT hids itself. It would definitely get destroyed by a swat team, so it plays the "haunted town" game to stay hidden and mythic.

Eddie kills Henry as an adult.
Victor gets decapitated by Frankenstein
Belch gets his face torn off
Patrick gets swarmed by flying leeches which fuck him up, then gets dragged off and eaten

>You wouldnt just one day say "gravity is a lie lol" and hop off a building.

Not to derail the thread, but have you checked in on the Republican party lately.

If you knew that IT did all those things you'd just be doubting yourself and assume it has too many powers to be taken down by real bullets.
But you can't just send someone that doesn't know about IT, because then they'd susceptible to his tricks.

The TV mini series was 99% right in that, the exception being Patrick.

Patrick liked to keep animals in an old fridge out in the woods so he could slowly torture them to death. The tl;dr is he went to open his fridge, got swarmed by mega leeches with wings (they swelled up like balloons) that chased him into the warm sweet embrace of Pennywise.

Even Henry was slightly sympathetic because he was heavily abused, Patrick you felt nothing when he died.

Movie rules 101, dude.

If you don't actually see them die , they're not dead.

Okay I was wrong on the "99%" part,
It's been ages since I read the book and forgot about Frankenstein.

BEAR: coming to theaters in 2019.

I can't help but laugh picturing them all watching

There were a couple of scenes where I got rock hard thinking about fucking Beverly. Worth the $35 I spent to see it even though the movie was shit.

>It doesn't feed on Fear, it just uses Fear as a seasoning. In the movie they made it "no actually it can only eat you if you're afraid", which is technically wrong but they got it close enough I guess.

It's implied in the books that the physical beings feed his physical side, while the fear and terror they feel feeds his otherworldly side, he needs both in order to sustain himself. Without the food he hungers, without the fear he loses power.

Kinda weird Georgie didn't seem to fear him at all yet he got fucking shat on but people who were literally pissing their pants over him didn't even get hurt. Almost like it's just trying to make a plot-point and didn't want to kill any man characters bros.

Eddie gets killed by It as an adult, so the main characters aren't safe.

>assuming Georgie wasn't freaked out by a weird clown in a gutter being all creepy n shit.

>that dancing scene near the end

There are two types of children in this world, those who fear clowns and those who love them, Georgie probably loved clowns and was only a little confused as to why one was hanging out in the sewers, once IT realized the whole clown thing wasn't working he scared the shit out of him by biting his arm off, and as it turns out, having your armed get ripped is pretty fucking traumatizing

So basically it just kills people when it feels like it?

>It's not the bat that hurts it, it's the BELIEF that the bat would hurt it. It turns your fears (beliefs) real, so the kids just used that in reverse kind of.

Exactly, that was shown in the final fight when Bill was going to use the gun against Pennywise, and Mike says the the gun is not loaded, but when Bills shot, the gun damages Pennyse anyways because he believed it will

Then why didn't he just do that to the other kids instead of just playing with them?

The cliche is that people always try to resort to violently beating the opponent and then later on think of a more intricate way to kill it (think independence day with the nukes and then the virus later on)

Why is IT such a fucking pussy? Dude seems to be too scared to kill anyone other than small children and hardcore bullies everyone wanted to see gone and then he gets the shit beat outta him by kids with bats and shit. Bitch is supposed to be some kind of demon but the average streetfighter would kek him hard.

Basically. It's awake and gets to feed for about a year, year and a half so it varies shit up. Think of things like Georgie as a drive through meal and the other things as like a nice restaurant or making something at home.

It made attempts on most of them. In the book It is pretty keen on using it's Glamours to "herd" it's prey into It. For example, with the leper it was trying to scare him into the house on Neibolt, but he went around so It settled for just scaring him because It's an asshole.

This desu. Also is he stuck on earth or does he just not want to leave?

>marrying a mentally ill rape victim who your entire friend group has fucked

Nigger, Bill dodged the biggest bullet of his life. If he ended up with Bev, he would've been better off being killed by Penny in the first half.

Georgie nearly ran away at the sight of him. He was afraid of a strange man that could have fucked him up, so IT had to lure him with circus shit just to make him think about reaching inside.
He wanted to make the kid's fear actually happen even worse he could have imagined, once that was done, he just ate him.

Because kids taste better.

It eats at least two adults in the novel (that I can remember).

Why would It want to leave? It's in an all you can eat buffet.

Congratulations, you just summed up most of Stephen kings novels.

It honestly depends on the person.

Some people outright dont believe in magic and say all magic is just super complicated science or someshit.

I can totally see a guy reasoning that IT is a shapeshifting organism or product of ones own wavering sanity rather than a real being. you know. the Hardcorde atheist type guys who call bullshit on everything and say god isn't real.

what about a mutant bear from mercury dumping?

well it only killed Eddie because Eddie was a dumbass who stuck his hand in IT's mouth in the first place.

why does it seem like the most retarded posts come accompanied with a frog pic?

Why leave? It's basically created an all you can eat buffet in Derry that gives it fear and all the other shit for centuries? There's no reason to leave.

>too dumb for even a dumb movie
how embarrassing.

>Also is he stuck on earth or does he just not want to leave?

He doesn't want to leave and get caught up in the battle with Maturin and Gan again, Maturin took for fucking ever to even notice It was there and when he did the children fucked him up with Maturin's blessings.

Made the concept itself is stupid?

This movie is full of plot holes. After watching it with no background knowledge i didnt expect there to be so much to it. Like fuck youre trying to establish a universe/setting and they failed terribly. I understand people who've read the book defending the movie and explaining things but how the fuck is anyone supposed to walk away thinking that anything made sense without knowing what reading the book. Because of that its just a boring repetitive jumpscare movie.

IT is a cosmic being of some sort.

Perception is it's strength and weakness; He can twist his form and even make the kids believe whatever happening is real.
Same is done against IT; The kid with the inhaler in the first movie sprayed it on IT, yelling out "this is battery acid". IT believed him, so half his face got burnt off.

Cool monster, bad movie. Kind of frustrating. Both Prophecy and pic related have good kill scenes though.

Not my point, the dude literally had these kids in his mouth several times seemingly all he had to do was bite down because they were clearly fearful of him yet he didn't do it.

Seems like lazy writing.

I read the book and was frustrated through most of the movie. It was funny and had some uncomfortable parts but besides those it is shallow nonsense.

Actually in the remake George does get uneasy because he can't talk to strangers, so It tells some jokes and uses silly voices to ease the tension or the kid would've immediately run away.

Then the point where he gets silent and just glares at George starts to scare him. Kinda spooked me too. Even though the kid is frightened he only stays to get his boat back which is his undoing.

He feeds on fear, seems to be lathering some layers on them before chow down.

I also believe there's one in the beginning. When Georgia is struck on the head by the beam, there's a tarp directly in front of him shaped like a turtle's shell. It was trying to prevent him from encountering it.

As someone that doesn't have a fear of clowns the movie was pretty comical. The clown itself was such a fucking goofball the effects were meh tier and besides that it was basically a comedy. IT was honestly hilarious at times meme culture ruined him tho.

You can actually see this in the movie where he's miming like he's gonna bite the kids arm and laughing, he was juicing him up.

Pennywise had his dancing face on the whole time, just pounding away to town on those cute little boi pussys

He then ate out the girl with his huge teeth while trying (and failing) to make eye contact.

If anything, it would have made it more likely he would encounter IT, seeing as the paper boat fell down the sewer when Georgie lost track of it

It needs both flesh and physic energy to sustain itself. Stands to reason that most of the encounters with IT are simply projections, it's never actually in the basement or standing on a street corner IT is just broadcasting from somewhere nearby consuming the fear it's generating at a distance, why is this so hard to understand?

This is why when IT is confronted by a group it's unable to defend itself because now it has to trick 5 or 6 brains simultaneously leaving his relatively frail physical form open to attack.

>Georgie isn't scared
>I'm not supposed to talk to strangers
Georgie was afraid of the strange man standing in the fucking gutter.

>he literally says "SWEET TASTY FEAR"

"THE SCARIEST MOVIE OF OUR GENERATION"

Because there was no time, It was just awakening and starving, Georgie was its first victim, you can see how it drools when they where talking, after the "pop! pop!" Pennywise stop laughing and growls subtlety, then Georgie get creepied out and wants to go home, but then Pennywise lures him with the boat.

I guess, after eating for a while It could have the time and strength to play with the kids to make them "edible" and taste better.

The scene after Pennywise dances, it chokes Bev and she says she´s not afraid, then it smells her and put a disgusted face, so it didn´t eat her and just put her in trance.

unironically this. people who analyze movies are sad, pathetic and probablt virgins lol

>HE

USE IT'S PROPER PRONOUNS SHITLORD

I dunno, they kill It by squishing Its physical heart. The spider and the deadlights are connected.