I took my 9 year old boy to see Close Encounters of the Third Kind today

It is playing at the local AMC in honor of its 40th anniversary. What a great experience for us both.

Yeah I'm sure he was (((thrilled)))

That's nice, hope you both had a wonderful evening OP.

thanks guys, well so how's the Bane and blacked posting going around here?

Anybody on this board even old enough to have heard of this movie? No thoughts on this film at all Sup Forums?

OP, if you're not a lying faggot, that was very sweet of you to do. I hope your kid enjoyed it. Are there any other rereleases that you would take him to in the future?

Watching movies that your parents love with them can be pretty unforgettable.

"""Your""" kid was bored as shit the entire time, if he told you he enjoyed it he was lying to make you feel good. Now """your""" child will find the idea of watching a movie with you nauseating for the rest of his life.

You've failed as a parent, good job.

I downloaded it a week ago but haven't come around to actually watch it

the acting seems top notch

I hope it was a good experience. The younger generation should grow an appreciation for older films. Close Encounters is a very good movie.

my dad showed me this when i was a little too young perhaps but looking back im very grateful he did

nice one OP

Thanks. I'm taking my 7 year old daughter to see E.T. the Extraterrestrial (35th anniversary re-release) at the same theater next week.

you are a misanthrope, say it with me

mis an thrope

well, it's got lots of over the top Spielberg/Dreyfus acting but it works

I want him to appreciate the classics (and apparently CEotTK is a classic now!)

Saw it in theaters last week, was really cool seeing it on the big screen for the first time. I wish Hollywood would just re-release older films like this more often. I'd see them over reboots any day of the week.

My son's only 2 but I'm looking forward to these kinds of experiences

They used to until VHS came out. Agreed they should do it more

Fuck off grandpa

same, I took my wifes son while my wife was on a business trip to Detroit.

DO IT

for him and for you

it's past you bed time kiddo