These MotherFuckers

These MotherFuckers.

Why aren't they Fucking giving Orville a Fucking chance!?

rottentomatoes.com/tv/orville/

They did the same Fucking thing to Agents of Shield and look how that eventually turned out once it got some time to find it's way. I hate these assholes, these are the types of guys that women hate the most.

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Series/TheOrville
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fuck off Seth. It was shit.

You think that's bad?

Also look at the Simpsons! It's first season it got TERRIBLE reviews. It barely got renewed for season 2!

Are you implying Agents of shit was good?

Terminator 3 has like a 73 percent on there. The system is broke.

Is this show actually being shilled.No one talks about family guy or other space operas on here.

just watched the show, it was average

typical seth to draw out some jokes way longer

How do you know it's women?

>These MotherFuckers.
>yelling at rotten tomatoes again

Why are you abusing the people who only collate the results, you mong? It's akin to blaming the messenger. It's as bad as the DCucks in the company wars threads.

>Are you implying Agents of shit was good?
Is.

The critics are right, it doesn't know whether it's a comedy or a science fiction adventure with mediocre special effects. It ends up being not very good on either level. It's not terrible, it's just bland. Predict it will be moved to a different time slot by episode 6 and there is no chance that it will be renewed, it's done.

What a fucking waste... they coulda remade a true kino:

BUCK ROGERS

Are you saying that's too high?

To say the least. It's the worst movie in that series.

from the show we know she has superstrength, does that mean she would theoretically be able to crush a human penis at will with her vaginal muscles?

Most of the negative reviews are basically saying "it's not funny" or it's too long. Seth repeatedly said it's not like Family Guy or Ted and its supposed to be a throwback to TOS and TNG Trek with comedic elements.

Like running over a hotdog with a steamroller.

Agents of Shield is terrible. What an awful argument.

Shit was boring as hell.

that's what makes it a good Star Trek

>Agents of shit is good
Opinion discarded

everyone knows that TV reviews are a fucking joke on RT... there's tons of shit that get 100% just cuz the people reviewing TV shows are mostly a bunch of trendy pseudo-intellectual hipsters who think using unnecessarily large words in their reviews makes them fucking geniuses

could've been better without the jokes

And yet people acting like Original Series Star Kek is some genius shit

How DARE a white male attempt to play a leadership role in this day and age!

I liked the humour. It's obviously going to continually play on the sci-fi tropes and injokes but it was funny. Overall it felt like a really fun fan-made pastiche - only with a much better budget and cast. Even McFarlane wasn't all that annoying and it's cool that they're not making his character out to be the klutz - Ed seems like a genuinely competent type. Seatbelts > gun any day.

i hope they downplay the jokes now that the characters and setting have been introduced

and agents of shield is sitting at a 93 now, so if this becomes good the score will raise, i predict a 50 in 5 episodes 90 by the end of the season and 110 by season 2.

when will this retard meme end AoS is pretty good, its not the best but its not terrible and its better than every other capeshit tv show.

my biggest problem is Seth's acting in this. He is not a good captain. I know there is an in universe reason for that but still, he's blande to watch. he should have just cast someone who can act well

Seth MacFarlane is so problematic
Ugh, can he just not?

I thought it was fine. Not great. Not terrible.

Comedy fails except for the part where they discussed their marital problems with alien guy.

Serious part is nothing special.

6/10 don't have anything better anyway.

watching it right now, its alright so far, some of it seems a little low budget but as a light comedy it works. if you know macfarlanes humor you know what youre in for.

It died when it stopped being a spy show.

it only started to get good after Winter Soldier came out and every story arc has gotten better. I thought the matrix arc would be shit but they managed to make it the best arc yet

I just watched episode 1 and loved it.It has a ton of nostalgia feels in it.

Yes. If you search the positive replies they've all been posted in other threads. They're literally copying and pasting replies.

Back when Expanse aired it got consistent threads. Though I guess that isn't a space opera?

WHERE DAT BITCH THINK SHE GOIN

Fun enough, even if it's mostly sci-fi cliches, even the soundtrack.
The numerous commercial break cliffhanger fade-outs with guns drawn on the protagonists were pretty great.

Everyone has seen Galaxy Quest, whats the point.

its not really like galaxy quest

you do realise that rotten tomatos ''critics'' rating is skewed as fuck?

This is not how you do sci fi

best sci fi show for a long ass time. can't wait for a new season

She gets eaten by alien amoeba.

hello genre pleb

>interrupting your viewing to post like a literal retard
It's like you're not even trying to not be a pleb

>obviously jewish nasally voice
what did Parker mean by this?

>Seth McFarland

>its better than every other capeshit tv show.
Really setting the bar high there.

I love that reviewers giving bad reviews to this bad show is somehow a conspiracy and an attack on conservative white males. Truly this movement or whatever it's called has become the most delicate of all snowflakes.

I enjoy crap TV of this type but come on, it's not good comedy or good sci fi.

>vaginal muscles?
>not her asshole muscles
What are you, a fag or something?

Sup Forums Loved S1 of the expanse. Still seth McFarlane is another story because he has made so much bullshit, nobody trust the guy.

His live action films confirm this.

Great start to an amazing show. Will be sure to watch the rest in the Orville Generals to come.

im not American so i cant see it

non canon

What a pitiful excuse

to what, itself?

>it's not good comedy or good sci fi.
like you would know what a good comedy or a sci fi is. get the fuck out fag

Did you watch it? It wasn't good.

>It wasn't good.
It literally was. Not particularity funny, but it had a good star trek vibe

I don't like the Pilot, you can have comedic elements and be funny without sounding like a lame twenty something behind the wheel of a car after watching a season of Family Guy. I was expecting more air jockey from him, the kinda smug Air Force fighter pilots get.

Instead he started out good (Poor Justin) and devolved into yet another snarky loser.

Also, anyone else feel like there was zero chemistry with the whole divorce plot, and found the constant referral to it very dry and forced?

do you ride the short bus to school? does your caretaker know what kinds of websites you visit?

Because Discovery looks garbage but will get good reviews because of diversity

fpbp

seth is a hack

That's what I was feeling too, the show has heart... But not a lot of talent. I wanted it to be good, and I'm totally going to be watching the episodes to come, but I just won't be hurt if it gets pulled.

We're not talking about Discovery, we're talking about Orville. I agee Discovery will be the darling of reviewers, but that conversation is for another time.

The episode was not good. The special effects were alright and I liked the Krill, but everything else felt like... I don't know, like it's a parody episode of a better show? None of the species, characters or plots have impact, they never drew me in. The whole divorce plot was flat because they wouldn't shut up about it, the bridge crew are kind of forgettable, and Seth's got the passion but not the presence.

if they keep up the quality of the pilot episode I will consider the show to be a success in my eyes. It had all the traits of a star trek episode, it had an actual sci fi plot, heck the fact that it had a plot at all was amazing to me. I thought it was just gonna be a family guy in space.

The only talent they have on the show are Palicki and that doctor lady who's done nothing so far

Fuck off shill

The straight man second officer is pretty fun, but that's mostly because of how deadpan his deliveries are.

If the rest of the crew delivered their lines like he does, I might like this show a bit more.

I checked the Wikipedia page right after watching the episode. Now while I'm sure that some people got sneak peeks, I think most of those were (((critics))). The rating from Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic was in the toilet *before it aired*, just from their reviews.

Well you know what? I expected to like it, and it turned out better than I expected. I expected more of a Galaxy Quest / Quark kind of spoof, and got something more like STAR TREK FUCK YEAH! And the dysfunctional crew just makes it more fun. It's Fox's new show, Married With Crew!

Only if it has My First Tsundere Princess.

don't understand anything you said except for
>EXPANSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i went and read the books like a nerd
didn't even do that for fookn game of thrones

>anal

Don't you have a bathroom gloryhole to be going to, fag?

Some of the jokes fell flat, chemistry between the pilots felt a bit forced. Story/script felt a bit rushed.
I didn't dislike Seth as much as I thought I would, some funny jokes, good world building.

Will probably watch a couple more episodes to see if it gets any better.

I feel like the humor would be better served by making it feel more naturalistic rather then playing it up like a zany gag.

Like the Bridge crew just shooting the shit about Seth's wife was funny and felt natural but some other bits felt forced like "It's been 5 min we need a joke here".

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Series/TheOrville

>The series features many connections to Star Trek; Penny Johnson Jerald (Kasidy Yates on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine) plays Doctor Claire Finn and fellow Star Trek alumni Brannon Braga, Robert Duncan McNeil, David A. Goodman, James Conway and Jonathan Frakes are involved behind the scenes.

mega when

Just watched it. Everything up until the scientist planet was pretty damn solid. After that it got very sloppy. The doctor lady sounds like she's reading the lines straight off of a page. The jokes are ok but they kind of slow things down. Ship effects shots are awesome. Music is solid. It sparked my curiosity for the next episodes.

>I feel like the humor would be better served by making it feel more naturalistic

Agree, for the moment the humour fall flat because the delivery lack fluidity and the acting is a bit stiff.

>After that it got very sloppy.
the script wasn't so sloppy, it's just that star trek is NEVER to be shot outdoors. Just make the sets in the studio and it's fine, the second real light hits those costumes all sense of belief falls apart

same. It's very comfy. I feel like people who don't like it because it's "a star trek ripoff" don't actually understand star trek.

Show's probably gonna end up being a combination of Trek, Red Dwarf, and maybe Farscape.3

That might be it, though I didn't really mean the script itself. Just the cinematography and editing were a bit all over the place.

Taking a page from MASH feels like it would do well here; a bridge crew can be funny, but it needs to feel natural and "drier," you know?

anyone got a link for the ep?

it's free on the usual official streaming sites. just google it.

(as in, not on pirated sites, on real network sites)

Seth can't act. He can't get into a character that isn't "Seth MacFarlane in [situation]" his face (most notably his eyes) is not expressive enough to convey any kind of emotion. American Dad was his best work.

Like FOX? Thanks

There was absolutely zero chemistry between him and his ex-wife, too. Personally, them making it a "I want to fix this" relationship rather than two bitter divorcees is ruining it. Just makes her scenes awkward when ever other line coming out of her mouth is "I'm sorry" or "I want to fix this."

I HATE THAT DUCK

where? I can't find shit guys

gomovies.to

thank me later

I think we should all take a moment to remember the real tragedy of 9/11: Seth didn't get on that plane.

If you have amazon prime I think it's there

i'll thank you right now !