Taboo

Just finished this, can we talk about it?

Overall I enjoyed it and hardy was meme magic but why did he leave his butler behind? Said he couldnt handle freedom so he leaves him at home with noone to serve? Why did his mum try and kill him?

And finally

What the fuck was mmhmm mans problem? I still don't even know what the fuck he wanted really or why he was so fucked up aside from doing voodoo shit in africa

And when was he a slave?

The butler killed his father.

>Just finished this, can we talk about it?
mmmhhhmmm

I know that, it doesnt explain why he left him though

*angrily rides horse*
Why take him? He had no more use for him.

Nootka sound not for sale

>Just finished this, can we talk about it?
be VERY careful now

- it was the punishment for poisoning his father

- the question why his mum wanted to drown his ass is probably the hook to season 2.
but hardy gets several times called "the devil" wich probably means he is partly possessed by an african demon. it would explain the brutality. his mother (casperina) knew this and wanted to crash his plane.

mhmmmmmmmm

>it was the punishment for poisoning his father

How do you figure? He didn't mention it when they parted

Not saying you're wrong I'm dumb and just want to know

>What the fuck was mmhmm mans problem?

mmmmhhhmmmm

FUCKING

>What the fuck was mmhmm mans problem? I still don't even know what the fuck he wanted really or why he was so fucked up aside from doing voodoo shit in africa

Obviously he knows something about Mmhmm Nootka that other people don't. Most likely some evil magic shit. He just went back to England to get the land and a crew together for the journey.

>partly possessed by a demon

nigga he just knows voodoo and see's the world through a witchdoctors eyes now

He wasn't a slave right? He was a slaver who found out that his mother was a slave and then mutinied?

i honestly dont know any other explanation. its the only plotargument for this.

you dont know. why else would his mother want to drown him then?

I remember a line saying he went from slave to slaver

>why else would his mother want to drown him then?

Maybe she hated being in the civilized world and lost it, trying to kill him out of disgust perhaps?

I think he was press-ganged onto a slave ship, which went down off the coast of Africa.
then gets into it with some local tribesmen who teach him the ways of witch doctor shit. then there's some north American shit we'll see next season.

>press-ganged

Wasn't he a cadet of the East India Company's academy though? And didn't Sir FUCKING Strange say, that he picked young men who had "the shadow of death" over them for his illicit businesses? The way I understood it, Delaney was a young and promising member of the Company who then was disillusioned with them and ended up in Africa as a result of the shipwreck.

oh yeah, he was homo buds with the crossdresser scribe who worked at the eic I think. barely remember it

the crossdresser was homo for him, delaney never reciprocated

Nootka

mm

What's up with all the Taboo threads lately?
I mean i'm not complaining.

What was his fucking problem?

His mother was an Injun who was into some Injun spiritual shit and apparently has always been following him around. He worked for the Company on a slave ship, it got wrecked during a storm and he was rescued by some African tribe where he learned African voodoo shit. Combine the Injun spirituality and African voodoo and you get Mmhmm.

>Peels an egg with gloves on
>Eats it whole
mmmhm Nootka

mhhhmmm are you king or are you company

>What was his fucking problem?
No Nootka hmm

>tfw no Ooma Chaplin gf (sister)

she looks like a 4

Season 2 when

>what does he want
All the tea in China

you look like a fag

you don't understand why someone wouldn't want the person who murdered his father around?

Next mmmm year hmm

JUST GIVE ME A FUCKING SHIP

I have a use for this thread

this really wasn't great.

i have a use for second season

the fucking americans

Bruh

What was her endgame? Did she turn up out of the blue to screw him out of his house and fortune, only to become his friend? Come to think of it, why did any of his gang have the motivation to sacrifice so much for his benefit?

Cause Hardy's fucking charming as hell. That and they're kind scared that Nootka man will eat their hearts while they're still alive.

>not getting the fuck away for the obviously complelety fucking insane angry cannibal man with a big hat

I didn't understand this, how was he charming he was being a huge autist all the time

Well, he's rich for one. Exotic in a sense. Plans for making more money. That's enough for a lot of people to start following.

be verrryy careful now hmmmm

is that sam from lotr

mhmmmm
*unsheaths karambit*

I have a use for you.

mmm a company man hmm

There's literally no way he doesn't know.

Hmm, be you King or Company?? Mmm

They expected one of them in the wreckage

...brother.

America, brotherrr

*watches game of thrones*

I really really really enjoyed Taboo.
It's top 3 of the last year for me with Twin Peaks: The Return and The Young Pope.

mmmhmm

Nootka sound is not for same mmmheephmm

mmhmmm

Good Day

The taboo threads have (you)s for me.

This is low-key the best meme of the entire show. It's just so outlandish.
>pick up a boiled egg at the breakfast table
>put the egg in your pocket and walk down to the shore
>sit down and have a chat
>pull the egg out and start peeling it casually WITH YOUR THICK LEATHER GLOVES ON
>just as you think you've seen it all he put the whole fucking egg into his mouth
Just bizarre.

mmmhmmm

You know, I never actually thought about that but did he actually have his gloves on? That is really weird, isn't it? What the fuck.

Please understand plebism I hate most.

He's always like this.

>why did he leave his butler behind
He literally says it: Because the butler is an old man who doesn't want or need adventure. Did you miss that last scene where the butler is sitting down with a dog and sips a coffee while the sun shines on him, and he is content and happy?

The butler got his dream life at home.

mhmm I'm not fit to be near you

mmmm

>tfw you're being very careful

SHALOM, ARTHUR.

ARTHUR, SHALOM.

SHALOM.

>mhmmm Brace, I will never take you on a season two adventure in america after we had Brandy.
Didn't you pay attention in the first fucking episode? Jesus.

mmmm....

dont FUCKING talk to me like that

(you)

Shalom. My mother's name was Shalom, Brace.

hmm making me blueballed

mhmmmmm

Stopped watching after season 2

How's season 3?

Pretty weak. The scene I'm referencing was fucking gold though.

I didnt ask you

worst of the 3 but worth watching

I didnt ask you either chum

Fucking American

I ask both of you: Crown or Comhmmpany?

be veeerrrryyy careful now

Nootka

AMERICANS

Have you guys ever acted like Taboo in real life?

I "mhmmmm"ed at my boss last week when he told me I had to fly to America for a sales pitch

Fucking Delaney

I literally am Delaney lol

Mhmmm the treaty, ahhh

egg sucker, your sister is ugly

Delany is literally who I am.

Besides that? Obviously because he's a useless whiny old man. Imagine having to babysit him all day long.

The fuck-me eyes she gives James at her husbands funeral are 10/10.

Only good answer.

It's a pretty good outcome for a crippled butler who poisoned the father of a cannibal African witch doctor mercenary as Delaney could quite happily have filleted him if he wasn't such a close friend. I imagine he did it partly out of mercy as Nootka isn't the place for him, although apparently it is the place for a hooker, an actress, a chemist with third degree burns and a transvestite.

>Hit end of egg on wooden pier he was sitting on
>squeeze to loosen shell
>peel off shell shoddily
>eat with bits of shell on it because you've eaten people and a bit of shell is pretty tame in comparison

Hmm.