What is Sup Forumss opinion of Children Of Men?

What is Sup Forumss opinion of Children Of Men?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BUq4P-v4BMs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sup Forums calls it pleb but it's actually pretty enjoyable

I'd like to know 2006 Sup Forums's opinion on this?

I didnt even know about Sup Forums and it was memed everywhere like the best ever like "OMG those long takes so awesome" to cite one. It's been forgotten ever since.

not a very comfy movie at all, but very suspenseful at times

also really makes you think

7.8/10

8/10 bretty gud

It's actually pretty good.
only Sup Forums retards and gamergate Sup Forumsedditors, aka diet Sup Forums, thinks it's bad.

It's not the greatest film ever made, and yes some have overrated it a tad too much, but it's still a fine film. Only recently has "Sup Forums" criticized this film, mostly because of the influx of redditors from Sup Forums.

This.

It's a good movie but it's a bit too teathrical sometimes and it pulls you out.
Still, god tier visuals

This

Visually it is fucking amazing. The world feels very lived in, every scene has so much going on.

People like to bring up "kino" a lot on this board, but this film is proof that the Mexican "pelicula" is of an even higher tier.

pretty great

that car long shot is masterful

A very well made film. World building, photography, set design. People usually delve into the politics of it, while it takes no side on the matter imo, it's neutral.

The last film where Lubezki actually used long takes and a handheld camera as a way to support the narrative and not just as an empty gimmick.

The long takes in revenant had utility, it was both for narrative and attention seeking

This, also goes for Spanish cinema like Pedro Almodóvar, it's true pleb filter

Maybe if they were used in a few select scenes to emphasize those parts, but using it in almost every single scene with Dicaprio just removed any effect or impact it had and made all those scenes on the same level of dynamics no matter what's happening.

Sup Forums is a Sup Forums colony. the choppa is waiting idle for you.

imagine a film predicting europe's current state

You might be right. Where there more long shots than the beginning one with the invasion(which had only few cuts) and the bear scene? I can't remember more than these two

It got Britain's situation more or less right.
So there's that.

Great movie. 7/10

Pretty good, you should watch it.

Can't wait for the sequel: Children of Black Men

Love this film. Notice something new in the background every time I watch it.

Good movie. The future of europe

Its Clive Owen. Only newfag edgy
(((Sup Forumsedditors))) hate on comfy owen. I cant wait to leave for basic. All you newfag autist are turning me into a normie.

So.Edgy.Go back to your rick and morty circle jerk, twink.

Those two scenes, dicaprio hiding and then going down the river scene, dicaprio jumping of the cliff with the horse scene, the ending fight, almost any dialogue scene. These are just at the top of my head from what I remember, I'm sure there are far more.
With that many uses of long takes and handheld shots you become too aware of the camera and the camera operating, every pan becomes a crutch which could just be replaced with a simple cut. Yes a long take can provide more tension if used at the right places, but using it in so many scenes no matter of context removes it's effect completely.

Am I the only one who can't understand this post?

You are right and put it very well, I am sorry I questioned you...

Great movie. Technically its superior, but also good on story, acting etc.
>also the zen music
youtube.com/watch?v=BUq4P-v4BMs

DENSE

>great
>7/10