Batman books

I see many anons here say that Bat books have been disappointing so far and even outside of Sup Forums fans don't seem to enjoy them much.

So, what the problems these books suffer from? And how can you improve the line?

Other urls found in this thread:

batman-news.com/2016/11/09/scott-snyder-on-all-star-growing-up-with-batman-and-a-look-at-the-inner-workings-of-the-bat-team/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Remove King and his BLACKED blonde fetish.

Batman, Detective Comics and All Star Batman are all mediocre, but I don't think something needs to be done.This is a phase, it will get better, but until that moment don't buy them.
Batman books were never awesome 100% of time, as long as they are not awful they will suvive

>what the problems these books suffer from?
they came off the coat tails of Rebirth and Batman finding Comedian's badge embedded in the batcave. made people expect something big gonna happen.
but every story so far is fairly cleanly resolved at the end with no sense of something being built up to. All the new characters are just there as new recruits and have little to do with each threat after their introduction
King's book in particular was disappointing after how emotionally brutal his Vision was

I'm enjoying Nightwing but, and I don't say this lightly because decompression in a blight on many books, it's going to fast

>even outside of Sup Forums fans don't seem to enjoy them much.
>Batbooks in top 5-10 everytime
Detective comics is better because of Clayface and King's Batman much better than snydershit and mostershit. Just wait for some great twists. Even if there will not be any, this book is still better.

They are average and lifeless.

Batman: this book is pretty much about King's pet characters and hardly about Batman himself. I also truly believe that King has check list about "lel epic moves" Batman can do and that what the book is just about.

All Star Batman: I literally do not understand what the heck is going on in this book.

Detective Comics: Tynion is....well Tynion and his writing is painfully average.

Nightwing: same old same old. Unless you are fan of Nightwing, there's nothing about this book will attract you.

Batgirl: like the idea of Babs travelling around the world, but this book isn't delivering.

Birds of Prey: "You do not trust us because we are women!1!" book.

Batman Beyond: literally what's the point of this book?

Bat books makes me go "God, why I'm still reading this?" instead of "God, I can't wait to see what happens next!".

>lists all Batbooks
>skips over Red Hood
Not making potshots at you or anything, it's just funny to me how Robin's book set in Gotham isn't counted as Batfamily book.

Red Hood isn't really part of the Batman line and in different office. Though, it's definitely one of my favorite rebirth book.

Believe it or not, Red Hood and the Outlaws is pretty amazing right now. Jason Todd and Artemis have a fantastic chemistry, and they may be adding Bizarro to create their own fucked up Trinity.

Also, this. Dude is so DC/NoVA progressive liberal it hurts. (t. other DC resident)

Office shenanigans is what I'm referening to.
And I agree, RH and Lanterns are absolute Rebirth winners for me.

>Office shenanigans
I think it's because Red Hood book is also starring two non bat characters which I also think the reason why DC higher ups might refuse to make it Batman exclusive.

Probably something like that. Too Ba for Superoffice, too Super and Wonder for Batoffice.
Book indeed lives on the edge.

*too Bat

Outlaws is a Trinity book, not a Bat-book.

Dude, I completely agree with everything you said.

Do you also think it because fans had high hopes for them and they didn't live up to the expectations?

Batman suffer from that the most. Tec as well, but not that much,

>this thread is full of people who loved Red Hood and the Outlaws and don't like King's Batman

>Loving King's Batman

>being this much of a pleb

>All Star Batman: I literally do not understand what the heck is going on in this book.
...really? I can see valid complaints about ASB, among them being that the plot is TOO simple... and you're saying that you can't follow it?

To fair to the guy, the art makes the book messy and I'm not really sure where Snyder planning to take the story exactly.

I'm blaming editorial.

Notice that it started to go down after Mark Doyle was bought, from Endgame onwards (consequently we can also thank Doyle for finding Snyder!).

And Snyder still has too much pull, and his vision is poisoning the whole line. Read for yourself below interview (and notice how many times Snyder talks about himself and his fears in this interview)

>batman-news.com/2016/11/09/scott-snyder-on-all-star-growing-up-with-batman-and-a-look-at-the-inner-workings-of-the-bat-team/

>[Tynion] is family. Mark Doyle is the one that came to that reading with the book that I was in. He found me, him and his girlfriend, now his wife. He brought me into comics. Tim Seeley from Eternal and Steve Orlando. We’ve been to each other’s houses and know each other’s families and all that stuff. We are friends. Sincerely. The coordination that goes on in the Bat group is really inspiring. We build stories together, so that idea about “The Ally” and the stuff we are going to do, we are doing it as a team.

>Notice that it started to go down after Mark Doyle was bought, from Endgame onwards
I never thought about this before, but you are kind of right.

I think the bat line needs a big changes and Snyder and his crew really need to leave. Especially Tynion.

>Basically it’s a story called “The Ally” that I’m working on with Tynion and the other Bat writers that I’m very excited about. So, there is someone that Batman worked with. Not before Dick Grayson in a way that would put a primary Robin before him or anything that would upset continuity in anyway. But it’s someone that Batman knew, that he worked with, that you’ll be surprised when they tie into a dark present

Are you freaking kidding me? Are they seriously planning to introduce another bat character? Freaking come on.