So I really enjoy the line-up, but why exactly aren't these all just part of Vertigo?

So I really enjoy the line-up, but why exactly aren't these all just part of Vertigo?
Why make a new imprint?

Vertigo is exclusively non-DCU now.

I'm thinking the answer is tied to Gerard Way.
Maybe it was so he could have the control he does, or maybe there's something about ownership that's different from Vertigo, or maybe it was part of his contract negotiations.

Because Vertigo is now for creator-owned titles.

Isn't this the name of a Japanese mag?

As well as adaptations of and titles based on WB properties that are not DC.

1. It's Gerard Way's baby and he picks the concepts he likes best.
2. Exclusively in-universe.
3. Appears to be aimed at the young adult demographic rather than just any book with mature content.
4. Female lead focus.

Yeah, it's the one Berserk runs in.

>BUY (with real actual money) Mother Panic #1
>there's nearly 10 ads in it, 2 full ad spreads, and my reading experience keeps being interrupted
Why? wasnt this supposed to be "the Image of DC"?

Maybe I've just conditioned myself to overlook the ads but I usually don't even register them

Well for starters,Vertigo is dead

>buying floppies
That was your first mistake.

I don't understand the mid-story insert advertising Young Animal, especially given how I'm already reading a Young Animal book. Maybe it's something they put in all their books this week? I dunno.

I don't understand the importance of mid story advertisements at all. It isn't like TV where you are forced to watch them. In comics, most people just skip the mid story ads. I do sometimes read the ones at the back of the comic.

Who is Gerard Way and why does he have enough pull to get an entire imprint of his own?

He wrote The Umbrella Academy, is the frontman of emo band My Chemical Romance, and is Grant Morrison's protegé.

WHEN I WAS

But seriously, i like Way and actually like MCR

>You will never be a disciple of the Hypercrisis
It's not fair.

You need to become a master, disciples are nothing.
Become a self-master of hyper-reality and defeat the bald man of the highlands.

I'm imagining Morrison anointing Way with his own blood in a krypton atom pattern. Which probably happened.

>Why? wasnt this supposed to be "the Image of DC"?

no.
why would you think that?

Vertigo is NOT creator-owned.
creators get a better percentage of profit as well as eventual ownership, but DC/WB still own the books outright.

I still think TCFSR and The Black Parade are their best work. That and "Boy Division".

That song would've been good if you cut out that shitty descend into generic teenage rock at around the 2 minute mark.

The writers/artists own half and DC/Warner the other half. Several years after DC stops publishing said story the rights revert back to the creative time entirely.