The Future

>Kang the Conqueror
>Age of Apocalypse
>Days of Future Past
>2099

Why is the future of the Marvel Universe always a shithole?

Sounds realistic.

Because it makes the present heroes seem more important

Like if everything turned out ok, it would feel like they didn't matter

Isn't Kang's future perfect?

They knew who would be President by 2017.

If the future is the same as it is now, why read about it? Same if it's better.

HOUSE OF IDEAS

It's a dictatorship, so by the biased definition of modern people, it's not perfect.

America just chose Donald Trump as their leader
Obviously many people disagree with you

>Donald Trump
>Dictator

Please, that idiot turning the US into a dictatorship? It's already just a psuedo-democracy, even if he did there wouldn't be much of a change.

>Why is the future of the Marvel Universe always a shithole?

>Trump Presidency

Utopias are boring.

Dystopias are interesting.

Because Hypercrisis

Wait, wait..
so you think Marvel Universe's present ISN'T a shithole?

Haven't you heard about mutants?
heroes beating the living jesus out of each other because of no reason?
That bloody mist killing or turning or killing people around the world?

Want me to keep going?

Peasant.

there is that future in which mankind has ascended post-apocalypse in hickmans avengers. cap traveled there with his time gem if i'm not mistaken. does anyone know what i'm talking about. if so please tell me more about it, what happened to that future and give me some details, post scans as well if you can. at the time i wasn't reading marvel, it was just something that i saw somewhere being referenced but never bothered to look into it

This it not quite only related to time, but I've got some questions.

I hadn't read Marvel since 2014 and wanted to get back to speed, mostly with Spider related comics , so I go and check Amazing Spider-Man, 2099, New Warriors for Kaine and Spider Verse.

Now I've hit a roadblock trying to read through Secret Wars. I'm just so confused and I don't understand what the fuck is going on.

1. It says all universes have imploded save for 616 and Ultimateverse, so does that mean that all the surviving spider totems just went and died? What about Karn, Spider UK
and Spider Girl?

2. What in the ungodly fuck is going on with Doom being a god and whatever this land full of Thors is about? I'm just so lost in everthing going around that is not Spider adventures. I'd be grateful to get a general idea of the plot of Secret Wars to navigate better through it, becuase it looks like it happens through shitloads of different comics.

Back to tumblr

at first it's weird as shit, just go right throught it man, there is nothing to explain it at first, you have to get to the later issues to understand what happened. it's not much, so it's nothing mind-blowing, or complex or something you wouldn't understand. but basically doom created that world with reality altering powers stolen from the beyonders and with the help of molecule man. is there are a reason we have domains and shit and other weird stuff going on ? nope, he just wanted to make the world so

Yes please. Continue to list all the problems that make Marvel Universe a much worse place than our reality.

Because the good futures aren't the one trying to come back into the past.

Alright finished, indeed it made more sense later on.

What happened with Miguel O'hara? At the end of 2099 it said that he'd play a part in Secret Wars.

Age of Apocalypse isn't the future. It's an AU stemming from Legion traveling 20 years backward in time. It's a dystopian alternate present, not a dystopian alternate future.