Scott Lobdell and James Tynion are arguably putting out better batbooks than Tom King

>Scott Lobdell and James Tynion are arguably putting out better batbooks than Tom King

What the Hell is happening?

SNYDER IS FORCING KING TO WRITE ABOUT GOTHAM GIRL AND DUKE

This a bait thread?

How many of these feature Harper?

Sup Forums overhyped the fuck outta King instead of waiting and seeing.
I'm not a fan of Tynion, but i can admit he is doing an ok job on TEC...i just hate how he pretty much started fucking up Batwoman's cast to jam her in now as 'BRUCE COUSIN, BEST COUSIN'...i mean she has her own family, i guess next time we see Beth and Bette they are going to be dead or some shit like that.
I don't read Red Hood thou.

Also
>RHatO
>Batbook

I get that some folks are disappointed with King's Batman but Tynion is better than no one. I'd rather eat nothing than plain white bread and a glass of water

Issue #10 didn't have either of those and was still garbage.

>Detective Comics
>good

>RHatO
>batbook

All of them, every.single.rebirth.book is about fan favorite character Harper Row.

I hated Tynion as much as the rest of Sup Forums leading up to Rebirth and was pissed he got to stay on a major title. That being sad I was blown away with how much improvement he showed with 'Tec.

How is it not?

Its about a former robin righting the blackmask in gotham

I'm memeing. That's ultimate scapegoat why is King's Batman bad. EDITORS AND SNYDER, yo.

>Batfamily
>Superfamily and Wonder Woman
>Justice League
>others
Four group, RHatO is in "others", like Green Arrow, Harley and Skwad.
And Batman Beyond.

There probably is a lot of editorial interference that isn't helping his run but even the most "King" of the issues are pretty meh.

>Start reading comics in 20019-2011 era
>be batfag
>become completely spoiled in what to expect in terms of quality

RHaTO and Tec are surprisingly good, but I really want another "Oh my god this is amazing" run. The closest I've seen since N52 is Grayson.

Who of you, snyderfags, trying to create this "King is bad" meme? It's better than senseless action from snyder and much better than mostershit. You people just upset it's not as good as Grayson yet.

ALL the Batbooks are suffering in quality.

And every single one of them is sidelining Batman in one way or another. Why?

OP here. I'm definitely not a Snyder fag- the only story of his that I liked in his run was Court of Owls and I don't think anyone is defending rise of the monster men. I'm just disappointed that his run has been kind of mediocre throughout; it had a number of good moments, but they don't come together into a cohesive whole.

>giving the main batbook to a dickfag
>expecting positive things

>King Batman
>Sidelining Batman
By having him fight Superman-tier threats? By having him as the focus of every issue? By not narrating everything he thinks?

The run is mediocre but Batman is front and center every issue.

>Tynion
>putting out a better Batbook than King

No. No he is not. Everyone in 'Tec is written horribly out of character and the writing itself is just grade level.

I get not liking King's Batman, but there's no way anyone prefers Detective and Red Hood unless they're judging them by completely different standards. Those books are unarguably bad, and the worst King's even written is still leagues above them.

This is what different expectations will do. Batman didn't meet very high expectations so people complained, these other two met very low expectations so people said they were happy with them. If you actually do a straight comparison of quality Batman is easily better written than both of these and most of Rebirth, but because it didn't reach the greatness people were expecting it still gets a more negative reception than many others.

>Everyone in 'Tec is written horribly out of character
Name one example.

Batman fans are weird faggots

They knew Batman was going to sell anyway so they just put the first guy they had, same reason why while being the main book is the one with the worst art

Batwoman's father not supporting his daughter 100% is completely out of character. It's his defining trait.

>You all don't *really* like 'Tec. You just think you do, trust me.

King is 100% phoning it in because he thinks your standard Batman reader is too stupid to understand his good output. And he's not wrong

Stick to Sheriff of Babylon if you want the real King comic. His Batman run only exists to make him a bigger name so they'll check out his other books.

King has been a disappointment, but don't get ahead of yourself, boy

I'll give you Col Kane becoming a bad guy was pretty weird, but all the main cast has been great.

>RHATO is better than King's Batman
I'm enjoying Rhato more than any of the Bat books. So, yeah I agree.

>Tec is better than King's Batman
Heck no because both are painfully average.

>I get not liking King's Batman, but there's no way anyone prefers Detective and Red Hood unless they're judging them by completely different standards
Why? I don't like Detective, but I definitely prefer and recommend Red Hood over Batman.

Stop blaming Snyder for how mediocre King's run has been.

>OP still hates King for leaving Marlel
Let the butthurt flow through you, etc.

What does Marvel have to do with anything and why did you assume that I'm fan of their company? And I'm not the OP.

King's mediocrity is no one's fault, but his.

If you don't like something from DC now, it's because you like Marvel. It's the room now.

>You people just upset it's not as good as Grayson yet
Implying that Grayson was actually good.

*rule

Then again, Mark Doyle (Batman group editor) was the one who found Snyder.

And when the old group editor left for Marvel (around Zero year) Mark Doyle was brought in to make Snyder happy.

>Implying it wasn't best King's work
C'mon, mate.

The strengh of RHATO is that it is not trying to be anything spectacular. Jason is not fighting against 1836214 new foes (at the same time!! with amazing new gadgets!!).

The conflict is internal, and the team is limited to three individuals that we have had time to connect and care about. We know how they first met. We saw what made them click.

There is action, but to balace it there is also quiet scenes. Jason buys a Superman doll. Bruce smiles.

>Grayson
>King's best work
No, dude. It really wasn't.

Well, it's either Vision or Grayson, but it's subjective

Lobdell was never bad.

Pikachu suit was funny as fuck.

>Either of those
>Over Omega Men and Sheriff.

This is good post and I agree with you.

>Mark Doyle
Wasn't he the saviour of the Batman line? I remember a lot of people saying that Batman books got better after he come to the bat office.

>Over Omega Men and Sheriff.

I read the first two issues of Omega Men and didn't like them very much. Does it get better? I see people raving about Omega Men but it was just dull and kind of stupid.

I don't know about Lobdell, but Tynion's Detective Comics has been a massive fucking failure for me. I'm a huge whore for these characters, and he's completely failing to tickle my balls with a team comic that's all about them.

I can't wait for somebody to Rebirth this shitty Rebirth.

Nice meme!

I've started it like 5 times and never get past the second issue.

Maybe I'm just not familiar enough with DC history. Not only was the story dull, but a tiger man named Tigorr is the stupidest fucking thing. It made it almost impossible to take anything seriously.

It's a Trinity book.
New Super-Man is the Super-led Trinity book, Outlaws is the Bat-led Trinity book, and we're never getting a Wonder-led Trinity book as long as we live.

>it's a "Sup Forums sucks Tynion's dick until he focuses on Harper again" episode

The only people that dislike Tynion are Batwoman fans who are mad about their special snowflake character

>Sup Forums sucks Tynion's dick until he focuses on Harper again

Are you literally retarded? When has co ever done that?

I couldn't go past the issue 2 either and I literally don't understand why Sup Forums hyped it so much.

The only book I enjoyed from King so far was vision (and it also the only book from him that actually lived up to the hype).

>The only people that dislike Tynion are Batwoman fans
Nice meme, dude.

And why the heck her fans aren't liking Tec? One of the reasons why I'm disliking this book so much because she has been freaking pushed so hard in it.

Harper Row is such a shit character. Why the hell is she so popular? Nothing about her is memorable at all outside of the ridiculous face straps

Sup Forums don't like Tynion, user.

Just read the thread.

I read it up to 5 and thought it sucked.

I didn't realize she legit had fans. Certainly not here, I thought even Leddit hated her.

>Why the hell is she so popular?
I pretty sure that she's not.

Tumblr is just pretending to like her like they are pretending that they like Duke.

>Harper Row is such a shit character. Why the hell is she so popular?

She isn't! She has no fucking fans! If there was a Harper Row solo title, it would sell a thousand copies at best! DC's just decided to force her because, I don't fucking know, Snyder invented her or something.

>thousand
You are being very generous, user.

Harper is no worse than characters like Steph, people just hate her because she is new

I feel like Sup Forums just dislikes non-linear, non-descriptive stories in general going by this and the Deathstroke thread.
Though I will admit Batman feels way slower as it has less plot threads

That was a pretty embarrassing thread desu.

Sup Forumsntrarian striking hard as usual.

You're a pleb, that's what's happening.

I dunno, I personally don't like her character much because of how hard she was pushed in Batman and Robin Eternal.

Well to be fair non linear floatier stories are hard as hell to read monthly. Remember the response from the public Final Crisis got on release?

Priest and King are gonna read MUCH better in trade form. Vision, Omega Men and Sheriff of Babylon are gonna be regarded as masterpieces when collected as complete works.

Vision is pleb bait.

Talking about Snyder's pet characters, it seems that Snyder is planning to introduce another one.

>Interviewer: In All-Star Batman #1, Batman talks about his training program and how it turns you into the hero you’ll become…or the villain. And Duke’s like, you mean Jason. And Batman says no, someone else. To me, that was the single most intriguing thing you’ve introduced into All-Star. Who’s he talking about? Who’s this guy? Is this forthcoming? Are we going to find out who this villain is that Batman trained?

>Snyder: Yes. Basically it’s a story called “The Ally” that I’m working on with Tynion and the other Bat writers that I’m very excited about. So, there is someone that Batman worked with. Not before Dick Grayson in a way that would put a primary Robin before him or anything that would upset continuity in anyway. But it’s someone that Batman knew, that he worked with, that you’ll be surprised when they tie into a dark present

Who's the Sup Forumsntrarian in there?
You referring to that deathstroke page thread right?

I'm that thread OP

Isn't he talking about the twoface?

His Constantine the Hellblazer and tmnt/Batman were much better.

>Omega Men
Wasn't this already collected?

Many people (in and outside Sup Forums) are praising Deathstroke as one of the best rebirth books. So, stop blaming the fans for not liking King's run. It's has been mediocre so far and it isn't because fans can't understand King's writing.

He had the same editor for Grayson, faggot.

Harvey isn't one of Batman's students?

Vision is Kings weakest work.

It was only one guy shitting up the deathstroke thread. King's batman has been a pretty straightforward action comic.

Really? I rather like what I've read of king's batman.
Haven't and won't read James stuff.
Have avoided Snyders new run because man am I tired of JRjr.

It literally has the bat symbol in the title

It's stealthy bat book, but DC refuses to give it to the bat office.

And also This.

>highest selling book consistently for months
>doing bad

Go away contrarians. King's book is great.

I'll admit that Lobdell is finally putting out the enjoyable comic idiots/liars insisted he was doing the last five years, but Tec?

Tynion's Tec is wretched.
People give it a pass because Steph and Cass aren't terrible and Clayface trying to be a good guy.
The stories, storytelling, and Batwoman are written horribly.

Batman will sell whether it was good or not and retailers have said that some people admitted that they are not enjoying King's run and only buying it because it's Batman.

And beside, sells =/= quality.

Who would it be ? Lock-Up? Phantasm? Blond Jason?

>idiots/liars
Are you seriously calling people who enjoyed something you didn't liars and idiots?

Youre a low brow faggot if you dont like Kings run that needs constant expolsions and fights to be entertained.

Batman to me is all about exploring themes and ideas and should be a slow burn.

>Batman to me is all about exploring themes and ideas and should be a slow burn
Yeah, but King isn't doing that.

And ironically, his run has been full of explosions and fights.

>Youre a low brow faggot if you dont like Kings run that needs constant expolsions and fights to be entertained

King isnt doing that? Did the Strange and Gotham arcs just go right over your head?

I bet the I am Suicide arc being about Batman willing to sacrifice all of those criminals and Banes redemption and recovery to save one person is gonna go right after your head too.

>a tiger man named Tigorr
What about a tiger woman named Tigra?

>Strange and Gotham arcs
>expolring ideas and themes

The only retailer I've seen saying anything like that was one guy from a comic store no one ever heard of talking to bleedingcool, which was right after the Orlando written crossover.

Surprised people here like RHatO. I tried it and it's pretty bad, the dialogue and inner monologues seem way too amateurish for someone who's been writing comics as long as Lobdell.

Strange arc wasn't written by King?

And what did king explore in Gotham arc? And the first two issues of the suicide arc were just simply embarrassing and second was full of "look at how cooooool Batman is! He fought thousands of men in his own, fixed his broken back, talk like a robot (so badass) and planning to sacrifice bunch guys for some random girl because apparently she's the only victim of his war that worth saving for some reason!".

The theme in I am Gotham was even with the best intentions fear can drive you to do some of the worst things.

The idea in I Am Suicide is Batman in his hubris fails to see how much harm hes doing cause hes so hellbent on saving Gotham Girl and the question it proposes is even though those people are criminals do they really deserve any less of a chance to be saved? This will come back around in I Am Bane due to Batman breaking Bane and making him turn the venom again. Your reading comprehension skills are severly lacking.

>Surprised people here like RHatO. I tried it and it's pretty bad, the dialogue and inner monologues seem way too amateurish for someone who's been writing comics as long as Lobdell
Oh, you changed your style!

Though, I still recognise your writing because just removing "Jason and daddy issues" part isn't enough.